[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So someone is selling a 2015 Retina MBP(15in) for $1000 flat.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tyry.jpg (37 KB, 540x727) Image search: [Google]
tyry.jpg
37 KB, 540x727
So someone is selling a 2015 Retina MBP(15in) for $1000 flat.

They're sketchy, so if it's stolen is there any way it could bite me on the ass?
>>
>>54417195
>that pic

kys
>>
Yes, you could get easily caught. In any case I'd never pay $1k for a used computer.
>>
The most simple way it could bite you in the ass is if it is stolen and the owner locks it remotely via their AppleID. The next time it connects to a network, it'll demand the password for that account.
>>
File: 1462468523880.jpg (38 KB, 637x632) Image search: [Google]
1462468523880.jpg
38 KB, 637x632
I know iOS devices are security'd the fuck out but know nothing about Macbooks.

I miss having a laptop and if there's no risk I wanna jump, especially considering the screen and battery life.

>>54417230
Here

>>54417239
Well 1K is something like $500 below the common used price or so.
>>
>>54417195
Any perceived benefit is most certainly not worth the risk.

There are only a few reasons you would ask such a stupid question.
>>
>>54417254
I know be le ebin racism but they're black and ghetto.(It's from a facebook sales group)

They should have just got it using drug money or it could be stolen.

They said I can try it out to see if it works, but I dunno.
>>
>>54417255
Yes, but you get to deal with niggers, and you have no warranty.
>>
>>54417296
If you try it out in a place without WiFi available, it'll appear to work just fine. It will only lock up the first time it phones home. It could also happen at any time in the future because you will not be able to unregister the laptop from the owner's AppleID without their password.

Again, this is all under the presumption that it's stolen. You could meet in a Starbucks, connect to WiFi ("I want to make sure the internet works on this thing") and then have the seller de-register the device in front of you. Otherwise no go.
>>
>>54417383
I'll ask them if it's their AppleID associated with it and if not I'll give up.

If they de-register it for me, I'll grab it.

Thanks /g/
>>
>>54417195
>buying macshit
>any year
>>
>>54417576
At the price they have listed, if it's not stolen it's a steal of a deal.

beautiful display, great battery life, and decent enough specs make it a nice but normally very ovepriced machine.

I mean you can get like 10 hours of straight HD video viewing on them, for a laptop that's insane.
>>
>>54417651
>for a laptop that's insane.
Only for brain dead retards whose only source of tech news is their local TV station.
>>
You know you're just gonna show up and four niggers are going to gank you and take your $1000, right?
Why not save up more money and buy a new one instead? Seriously, a good deal is not worth losing your life over.
>>
>>54417195
Don't waste your money on macshit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.