[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys stupid anon here... I gave my laptop to an IT repair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: th.jpg (4 KB, 220x122) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
4 KB, 220x122
Hey guys stupid anon here... I gave my laptop to an IT repair service and they installed Windows 10 to my pc. How do i uninstall the OS go back to 8.1(my prefered one)
>>
Open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.” You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install.
>>
Tell them to do it, they had no right to switch your OS
>>
>>54415529
Download Rufus
Use to burn Windows 8.1 Image to usb
Boot from USB by restarting and going into your boot loader
Install it
>>
>>54415529
Was it on the scope of work? If not it's grounds for legal action. I would tell them to Install the correct version back.

Go back there and get them to do the right thing.
>>
Thanks Anon for the Fast reply. I used to have a partition with OS 8.1 in the same hard drive. The problem is they reformatted the drive and erased the partition. How the hell do install an old OS in Windows 10 its different? Thanks
>>
>>54415572
>>54415648
I wish i could go for legal action Anons, but i moved away without opening the laptop in a week.
Its my fuck up i know

>>54415574
Ill try that anon thanks.
How to i erase the OS. Do i just reformat the Hard drive?
>>
>>54415746
At least get a manager and make your frustrations known or else they will just keep doing the "free" upgrade for you as a favor.
>>
If you do not know how to install Windows then you sholudn't be using it.
>>
>>54415529
Sue them for a shitzillion dollahs.
>>
>>54415782
I did Anon. The rage was real.

>>54415893
I may not know much but ill try to do it.
The Anon with Rufus idea at least guide me in the right direction.
>>
>>54415529
Kill yourself
>>
This is the correct answer OP >>54415542
Why are you ignoring it?
>>
>>54415529
There's fucking no reason to use 8.1 over 10. This thread is retarded.
And yeah, you should sue those fuckers for doing it, much likely they've included this upgrade into your repair bill.
>>
>>54415893
Best post today on /g/.
Also /thread.
>>
>>54415984
what was their response?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.