[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IDE Programming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: IDE_Official_Logo.png (51 KB, 2330x1324) Image search: [Google]
IDE_Official_Logo.png
51 KB, 2330x1324
Best IDE, vote now!
>>
Xcode
>>
>>54413324
agree
>>
Dreamweaver
>>
>>54413332
it's fucking trash it don't even finish the tags for you
>>
>>54413318
Notepad
>>
Emacs.
>>
visual studio
>>
>>54413318
Nano
>>
>>54413318
Wait you actually use an IDE ? Kill yourself.
>>
Anyone who doesn't say IntelliJ is wrong
>>
Pycharm
>>
>>54413318
>.NET/Low level Windows
VS
>Apple products
XCode
>Scripting
SublimeText
>>
>>54413318
IntelliJ
>>
>>54413914
kill yourself
>>
Geany + terminal
>>
Ms word
>>
linux + vim. Emacs is an acceptable alternative.
>>
Eclipse
>>
Vim and emacs are actually legit IDEs. An IDE has all dev tools except for the compiler and debugger contained within the same program (INTEGRATED, not "integrating"). They even have terminal emulator plugins, and emacs has proved that you can just rewrite basic shell utilities in the editor's own extension languages. You can do everything an IDE can do with them after some configuring, even interactive debugging while the editor jumps through breakpoints and working with ctags.

"Emacs is a great OS" memes aside, vim matches it 1:1 in capability, and neovim will actually surpass it by adding asynchronous plugins far before emacs devs can figure out how to make elisp truly asynchronous.
>>
File: jetbrains_250x250.png (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
jetbrains_250x250.png
16 KB, 250x250
Anything by pic related
>>
>>54413318
Code::Blocks is pretty nice. Some people complain about it, but I've never seen anyone with a specific complaint.
>>
File: 20160506_171040.png (583 KB, 1920x539) Image search: [Google]
20160506_171040.png
583 KB, 1920x539
>>54415277
Pretty impressive selection. How feature-rich are they? Do they have an integrated debugger?
>>
>>54413318
vim
>>
>>54414961
>You can do everything an IDE can do with them after some configuring, even interactive debugging while the editor jumps through breakpoints and working with ctags.

Neither Emacs nor vim can add dll signature functions to ctgas.

Also, an IDE has almost everything preconfigured for you, so you don't have to spend time doing it yourself. Plus big IDEs already have an Emacs/vim mode and/or can get it via plugins.

An IDE is truly a matter of convenience.
>>
>>54415392
At least they do in every IDE I've tried.
You can get them free with a student email, or just get the trial or community versions.

The learning curve might be a bit steep at first, but it's seriously worth it.

I would actually shell out the 300 bucks if I had to at this point, I can't go back to other IDEs.
>>
>>54415533
Yeah, I actually heat noticed that I can get it for free, I'm going to try it out.
>The learning curve might be a bit steep at first, but it's seriously worth it.
How steep? I've been using CodeBlocks so far.
>>
>>54415875
Well, the default shortcuts are not the best, but you can change them easily. There's a shortcut for everything, you just need to enable it.
The interface might take some time to get used to, you'll be opening and closing panels accidentally.
Some settings are somewhat hidden or placed in weird menus, but the settings search is pretty good.
Run configurations must be defined, there is no "run" button from the get go.

Id say it'll take about a week o so to get used to it, but trust me, you wont regret it.

There's also a VisualStudio plugin, in case you're forced to work with it.
>>
>>54415875
>>54415993
Alt+Enter
Ctrl+Space
Ctrl+N
Ctrl+Shift+A
>>
>>54415875
>>54415993
You should also go through all the settings after you install it, since some things are not enabled by default.(i.e.: auto-import, case insensitive auto complete)

It's an old version, but this should give you an overview of CLion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUZEPa9GtIo

Seriously, I can't recommend these guys enough
>>
>>54413318
>2016
>IDE
Come on, upgrade at least to SATA.
>>
>>54416109
Alright, sounds nice. I'm not near my computer right now, but I'm going to download it once I am.
>>
>>54416304
You won't regret it
>>
>>54415415
And huge BBW-tier bloat.
>>
>>54414652
This. The editor needs some work, the whole build command/terminal integration thing without costing gigabytes in RAM is great.
We should all contribute to and support based /g/eany.
>>
>>54417380
Join the dev team and a lot of /g/ will probably switch. A lot of anons get surprisingly sentimental when a fellow anon is behind something.
>>
>>54413318
LAZARUS!
[spoiler]Ha ha kill me please[/spoiler]
>>
File: tumblr_nnear687gI1rj7o54o1_500.jpg (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnear687gI1rj7o54o1_500.jpg
100 KB, 500x500
Xcode > pycharm > sublime text
>>
IntelliJ IDEA
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.