[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be a scavenger and collector that collects old tech stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
>Be a scavenger and collector that collects old tech stuff
>No thrift stores in my country
>Even asked around in a bunch of collection sites nearby but you can't buy ejunk from them
>Almost 2 years of dumpster diving and I found nothing
>Either nothing interesting on bazaars or the stuff there is very overpriced (A fucking TP T40 for 150 Eur)
>Buying anything from eBay will cost me around 60 Eur shipping
>Meanwhile people in the US have thrift stores, get pretty great loot from dumpster dives and are able to get ejunk from collection sites very easily
>Also a student so can't afford expensive stuff, only cheap ones

The fuck do I do at this point?
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
Stop being a yuropoor and move to burgerland
Where the fuck do you live? Pretty much any country in the world has some noice ewaste from somewhere
>>
>>54405068
Slovakia
I'm planning to move to Ireland but I have to finish school first for the sweet and juicy certs
>>
>>54405056
You don't have sites like Gumtree and Craigslist in your country?
>>
>>54405096
We do but as I said, there's nothing interesting there or shit is pretty overpriced
>>
>>54405056
>bazaars
I hope you mean this:
https://openbazaar.org/
>>
>>54405710
OP probably means flea market
>>
>>54406044
>flea market
>Thinkpad T40 for 150 Eur
Well shit...
>>
>>54405089
1)Get one of noname card which give you for free in any banks
2)Try buy from amazon/taobao/aliexpress/alibaba etc.
>>
>>54405089
>I'm planning to move to Ireland

Christ, don't. I had to go back there to bury my dad recently and it's still a backwards shithole.
>>
>>54406422
>backwards shithole.
Because they don't accept your degenerate fetishes mate?
We should just annex your ol' jolly shithole again
>>
>>54406453
When did Ireland last annex Australia again?
>>
>>54406422
Ireland's based and cute. BASED and CUTE!

Apart from that one time they let a woman die because they didn't want to give her an abortion, that wasn't based.
>>
>>54405056
>>54405089
>... collects old tech stuff
>Slovakia

want some wafers?
>>
>>54405089
We don't need your pol ass over here
>>
>>54406468
I am british mate.
>>
>>54405056
>a student
Universities are the best place to get old tech stuff. Ask around.
>>
>>54406583
It was only a poo-in-loo

>India expresses concerns for the human rights of women in Ireland
TOPKEK
O
P
K
E
K
>>
>Ireland

Have you ever bother looking at the VAT and prices for consumer goods?
>>
i live in tacoland (mexico) and in my uni there was an event of bring-your-electronic-trash-day, all students could take anything they want, there were laptops, old videogame cosoles, dead graphics cards and stuff like that, it was all organizad by last semester students, you should try to do something like that in your uni i got a quite good loot from it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.