[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what tis the best system in the world and why is it Arch GNU/Linux?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-05-05_00-51-13.png (327 KB, 916x541) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-05_00-51-13.png
327 KB, 916x541
what tis the best system in the world and why is it Arch GNU/Linux?
>>
OSX, because it's BSD with actual mainstream support.
>>
>>54391972
I tried FreeBSD once but it was lacking drivers, I can boot up a Linux live cd from 5 years ago and have better driver support than any current version of BSD.
>>
>>54392027
Great post, unfortunately complete irrelevant to the post you replied to.
>>
>>54392059
I was just confirming what he said, BSD is shit.

OSX isn't really BSD anymore anyway, It uses very little of the original code base.
>>
>>54391943
>postulating an initial open ended question then changing the question to one that seeks validation for your own opinionated answer to the initial question disregarding that the initial question is open ended and has no definitive correct answer
>>
>>54391972
OS X it's a piece of shit that uses an inefficient kernel unable to handle scheduling and memory properly. Comparing it to the BSDs is an insult to the BSDs.
>>
>>54392750
It's literally a BSD. That's not a comparison. It's a statement of fact. Gentoo is a GNU/Linux Distro. MacOS is BSD.
BSDs are just shit.
>>
>>54392994
It definitely does not use the stock BSD kernel. Which is what the other guy was saying. Mach Kernel is a fuckin joke.
>>
>>54392059
Pumpkin pie is awesome.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.