[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know how I can make the default background color
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: OetYUP.png (568 KB, 2539x1267) Image search: [Google]
OetYUP.png
568 KB, 2539x1267
Does anyone know how I can make the default background color in my browser black instead of white? Can I change something in the registry to do this?
>>
you can use userstyles
>>
>>54389026
1. install gentoo (optional)
2. install a real browser like firefox, nightly, pale moon, and other forks
3. install stylish addon and type
@namespace(https://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul)
body{
background-color: black !important
}

in there
>>
>>54389047
installing gentoo is actually a requirement in this process
>>
use css? Most browser let u customize css
>>
>>54389061
how to customize css to do this in chrome?

>>54389047
it looks like stylish will have the ability to do what i want but what code do I write for it to have this ability in chrome?

I tried using ff and ff dev edition and all the other meme versions of FF but honestly none of them just werk like chrome does. and extensions which I can't live without (imagus) work much better on chrome
>>
>>54389026
There's some Firefox addon that adds a night button that does this but I forget the name
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (760 KB, 2560x1410) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
760 KB, 2560x1410
>>54389026

Install Firefox
>>
>>54389662
why would i downgrade to a shittier browser?

seriously though, firefox just feels so much less polished compared to chrome. it just doesnt work as well
>>
>>54389694

It works well on my computer. Chrome is actually kind of jerky and video playback choppy (CPU usage goes to 25% each time and video playback goes to hell)). But in Firefox everything is allright.
>>
>>54389710
>Chrome is actually kind of jerky and video playback choppy (CPU usage goes to 25% each time and video playback goes to hell)). But in Firefox everything is allright.

huh, it's the exact opposite on my computer - are you using an older version of FF or a some special fork like pale moon?

my big problem with firefox is its version of the extension imagus is clearly inferior to the chrome version, one problem being it has no response to saving images in FF and the full screen mode is fucked so it shows the webpage instead of black bars

also will you please be my gf
>>
File: Untitled.png (81 KB, 662x333) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
81 KB, 662x333
>>54389765

No, it's the normal one. Though I use the 64 bit versions of each browser.
>>
File: ZpacnV.png (627 KB, 2385x972) Image search: [Google]
ZpacnV.png
627 KB, 2385x972
>>54389795
do you use image hover software though or do you actually unironically click on each image link?

i couldnt live without imagus at this point, iit works especially well for video links
>>
>>54389026
Blank Your Monitor FF Plugin
>>
>>54389846
>do you use image hover software
No
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.