[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty Razer Drivers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
I just bought myself a Razer Tartarus because it looked great to use for Photoshop because my Tablet takes up too much room on my desk and reaching over is a pain in the ass. So I open the bad boy up, plug it in and downloaded Razer Synapse like I have done for every new Razer item I buy. It doesn't get detected. No matter what the fuck I do it isn't detecting the device. I tried deleting everything Razer related from the Registry, I have uninstalled RS multiple times, I updated my PC, I uninstalled any program and driver related to my tablet, mouse and keyboard. I have tried running it in compatibility mode as well. So then I was like let me try it on my Windows 10 PC. Still isn't detected. Plug in my old Deathadder, does it little Deathadder update and it isn't detected as well. The mouse and the GamePad both actually work and are detected by windows but I need to fucking program the buttons.

I literally have no idea how to solve this issue. Why are Razer products so shit? I have 3 Deathadders.

DA 1 had double-clicking issues within 1.5 years
DA 2 had double-clicking issues in 8 months
DA 3 mouse button 4 stopped working in 1 week

I mean what the fuck? Is there some magical old driver/firmware that just fucking works?
>>
>>54387248
No razer has remarkably bad supports for old hardware.
If you want to use that PoS you need to install windows 7.
>>
>>54387248
They're shit because stupid idiots like you keep buying them despite them breaking down on you continually and being unreliable. So since they get your money regardless they'll never bother to improve their products.
>>
OP that thing looks retarded
Couldn't you just buy some separate numpad and remap the keys to what you want
That would probably cost you 80% less that this green pile of shit.
>>
>>54387248
Install the shit driver that connects to the internet, clic update or change the usb connectors. Also you could try to leave only the tartarus plugged in while doing it til it detectst that. Next setup everything you need on the tartarus and the other razer stuff. Check your account name on the upper right corner and you'll see an option called "Tournament Drivers" click that and select whatever Razer shit you have plugged to your computer.
It will make an offline version with your profiles and everything you setup on your devices that works better than the stupid Razer Synapse crap. The upside is that whenever you install that you always get your stuff setup and ready to use but you can't change from there the config file.
At least you will have less problems or shit updates fucking up with your stuff that way.
Razer fucked up since synapse and it's worse with each update. I own an Orbweaver, works fine but I hate the damn RS software.
>>
Did you fucking try putting it into a working usb port?
>>
>>54387524
Hold on I am confused. So you mean install Razer Synapse, click Update (which I did and it says its already at latest) and wait for it to detect...? How am I supposed to change any key layouts if I don't have the option to because it isn't detected? That just makes Tournament Drivers useless if I can't set it up initially.

>>54387540
Yes I have tried every single usb port. They all work fine.
>>
File: 416HncrWRQL.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
416HncrWRQL.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
OP here. I decided to say fuck razer and I am going to order pic related. My only question is is there a program that detects keyboards and lets me change what keys do what? For example on the Numpad I wanted to change the Enter key to be SHIFT + CTRL + Z, could I do that?
>>
>>54388153
You can just map it with one of the hundreds of maping shit programs that exist or you can just hack the keyboard firmware to do that.
>>
>>54388153
hidmacros or luamacros.
luamacros has taken over the depreciated hidmacros, but I still use hidmacros for this stuff
>>
>>54388153
Not getting a Logitech G13.
>>
>>54388466
I saw it but it just looks ugly.
>>
>>54388483
And >>54388153 with it s under key spaces and "HACKER" written on it is not ugly?
>>
>>54388494
Looks better than the g13 and I can paint white over it
>>
>>54388502
>Looks better than the g13
You're either lying to me or suffer from major astigmatism. Either way you are beyond help in my opinion.
>>
>>54387248
stop treating your mice like shit
my deathadder 3.5G lasted me 4.5 years and still works but the mouse wheel broke
>>
File: J2P4QiP.jpg (895 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
J2P4QiP.jpg
895 KB, 3264x2448
>>54387493
nothing else has this keycap profile
>>
>>54388522
It just looks sleeker, I respect your taste.

>>54388551
Please, I keep my peripherals in as best condition as possible. I made my original DA extend it's life by almost an extra year after the double-clicking happened by putting super glue on the clear clicker part so it actually actuated. Either I get the unlucky straw for every Razer product I buy or their QC is awful or both. I'm going to go with QC cause my friend after about 16 months started having issues with double-clicking with his DA.

>>54388559
Actually trying one of these it felt really awkward.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.