[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sysministration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: unix.jpg (196 KB, 1022x519) Image search: [Google]
unix.jpg
196 KB, 1022x519
You'd think with something like a daily programming thread, there'd be something like system administration threads too.
Had fun with any shell scripts (or DCL or batch scripts) lately?
>>
There's no such thing as having fun with shell scripts.
>>
sane defaults mean we don't get to have fun with shell scripts anymore

also, >>54387016
>>
Posted this a couple of minutes ago in my shitty post about a python question :

#!/bin/bash

echo -n "Enter IP ADDRESS : "
read SHADOW

curl https://www.shodan.io/host/$SHADOW | egrep -wi -A1 --color 'Ports\open|Coun try|City|Organization|ISP|Hostnames|service-details|service-main'
>>
>>54386956

Poor Digital :(
>>
>>54387016
I disagree. Editing ones already on your system is a comfy way to make things work exactly as you want them to. I was editing the script used by startx lately, it was pretty good.
>>
>>54387016
That is only true for some. I am happy you are able to share your opinion though.

An alarm in cmd prompt for windows.
@echo off
MODE CON:COLS=23 LINES=23
:alarmtime
cecho {0A}How long to wait.{#}{\n}
set /p timeout=
if "%alarmtime%" == "%alarmtime%" goto alarm
exit
:alarm
timeout "%timeout%"
start "" "G:\stuff\Port_Apps\VLC\App\vlc\vlc.exe" G:\stuff\music\Assorted\birdsflyinghigh.mp3
exit

You will need to create a command.com file with the following.
DOSKEY alarm=C:\Users\Ron\Documents\desginationbat\alert.bat

and link it in the cmd.exe target properties like so:
%windir%\system32\cmd.exe /K C:\users\ron\documents\desginationbat\command.cmd
>>
>>54387074
Oh, neat. Some day I'll try Windows out for something other than gaymen. I only wish Microsoft put their official documentation in easier-to-find places.
>>
>>54387074
>cmd
why do you live
$ at teatime
at> wall ">windows batch scripting"
>>
>>54387132
I don't even think they have true documentation. Just an entire website of ``have you tried turning it off and back on again'' for their knowledgeable.
>>
>>54387168
Precisely. Windows is intriguing, but also daunting.
It also doesn't come with Visual Studio pre-installed, which is odd, seeing that most good Unix operating systems come with a C compiler.
Coming with the PowerShell ISE is a step forward, but they need to introduce an equivalent for the legacy cmd.exe too.

Windows requires the user to be significantly less lazy to get any programming done.
>>
>>54387276
>It also doesn't come with Visual Studio pre-installed

visual studio wasn't free (as in beer) until the release of Community last year, and you still need to make a microsoft account in order to use it. it's also a lot larger than a text editor or compiler alone, by virtue of being a full-featured IDE
>>
>>54387295
True, but neither is Windows free.
In general, I always understand that what Tim Berners-Lee has said about the web is true for everything.
>if creation programs don't come with consumption programs, the environment becomes one of consumption without creation
Which is why Windows and the Web both lack involvement by regular people.
>>
>>54387276
Well, I am sure the majority of that decision is based on profit.
>>
>>54387295
Express has been available for at least 10 years, free as in free beer as well.
>>
I'm studying for this right now:
http://www.bsdcertification.org/certification/certification/bsd-associate
>>
File: oystercatcher.gif (2 KB, 90x71) Image search: [Google]
oystercatcher.gif
2 KB, 90x71
Anyone have csh experience?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.