[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom was told to buy a desktop for work. I repeat, and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: desktop_vs_laptop[1].jpg (15 KB, 400x230) Image search: [Google]
desktop_vs_laptop[1].jpg
15 KB, 400x230
My mom was told to buy a desktop for work.

I repeat, and I'm dead serious, she was told to buy a /DESKTOP/ for work.

There is no difference between a desktop and a laptop except portability, and instead of being told too buy a 'computer' she was told to buy a desktop.

And like the good little goy she is she accepted that information without double-checking it.

So my question to you is why aren't you profiting off of people's stupidity with computers? I mean google's been available for awhile now and it's widely known even by my mom but yet she was still going to get the desktop. Either profit by teaching stupid people how to become computer savvy or pull and apple and just tell them to buy things they don't need.
>>
File: 1398283045389.jpg (15 KB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
1398283045389.jpg
15 KB, 300x197
>>54382374
>There is no difference between a desktop and a laptop except portability

It seems as though you are more of a cuck than your mother.
>>
>>54382419
For a mid to late 50s nurse who only needs a computer for work and owns (yes I swear this is true) an iPad. What difference is there between a laptop and a desktop? Which is better for the person?

Freak it, what differences are there at all?
>>
>why aren't you profiting off of people's stupidity with computers?
I already overcharge gaymers for custom building PCs for them. Still cheaper than a straight up prebuilt so it's a win win really.
>>
>>54382419
Also for that matter, what's wrong with being a cuck?
>>
Desktops are harder to steal.
>>
>>54382461
That's not sustainable, they are on /g/ visit from ruining your income flow.

This better be a got damn side job.
>>
>>54382504
Most cars have enough space in the trunk to take the caes as that's where all the expensive parts are.
>>
>>54382504
Which is why buying one is racist. Why are you so insistent on making life for difficult for young African American and Hispanic men?
>>
>>54382374
>There is no difference between a desktop and a laptop except portability, and instead of being told too buy a 'computer' she was told to buy a desktop.

Ya, and that a desktop costs 2-3x less while having 2-3x more power. Oh and if, say, the videocard fails, you can switch it out to a new one instead of having to buy an entire new machine.
>>
>>54382374
Why must she buy it? Why doesn't her workplace but it?
>>
>>54382513
I only do it because I really like touching hardware. The money I make from it mostly goes to buying new hardware for myself to fuel my autism.
>>
>>54382466
>Also for that matter, what's wrong with being a cuck?

Introduce me to your girlfriend and I'll explain it to you.
>>
File: 1462136109018.jpg (84 KB, 610x610) Image search: [Google]
1462136109018.jpg
84 KB, 610x610
>>54382374
>>
>>54382526
Are you retarded?
>>
>>54382527
Men in black skin steal to adjust the wealth that was unevenly distributed during a period of forced labor and torture known as slavery.

If centuries later it would've been known that whiteys would've been complaining my grandmother would be turning over in here grave.
>>
She can still just build a tiny PC, like a smaller ITX setup, or even a minibox.

She's retarded if she goes ATX, but then, everyone who goes ATX these days is retarded.
>>
>>54382583
EATX master race. Your wife's boyfriend is lying to you, size DOES matter.
>>
>>54382537
She's not a poorfag and she's not computer efficient enough or a gayman gaymar gaymer gaymer to swap out videocards. And since when do videocards fail that often to merit this as a valid argument?

Portability is the highest virtue a computer in this day and age can have.

>>54382540
I don't know I didn't ask that much.

>>54382547
Explain it to me here and i'll post a pic of both my gi... and i'll post a pic of myself.

>>54382553
What. Is. The. Difference. Then?

She's not a gamer.

>>54382563
Apparently but calling me retarded isn't helping contribute to the conversation, how is what I said retarded?
>>
File: 1452359541637.jpg (235 KB, 812x832) Image search: [Google]
1452359541637.jpg
235 KB, 812x832
>>54382605
>EATX
>>
>>54382374

Uh, dude, I got a laptop used for everything right now, and I can assure you that when I have enough money, I'll not only be getting an upgrade, but I will ALSO be buying a desktop.

And lemme tell you why:
>Dual Xeons E5-2699 v3 (or better, depends when I have this theoretical shitload of money)
>128 GB RAM (of which, I'd probably use 96 GB for RAM Disk)
>3-way crossfire FirePro W9100 (or better, depends what's out when I get it)
>7+ monitors
>>CD/DVD - RW optical
>>BD-RE DL optical
(I'm a bit confused as to if I need a separate BD and CD/DVD drive, to be honest; if BD RE DL writes everything and RE-writes everything, I might just get 2 of those...)
>Fan controllers

So, yeah, that's the difference, OP.
>>
>>54382654
Not him, but what's wrong with EATX?

I mean, my build would require SSI EEB, but EATX has way more space for shit, so why not?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.