[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The highly objective problem with Linux. No content creation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 27
File: 5676.png (382 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
5676.png
382 KB, 1440x900
The highly objective problem with Linux. No content creation software. Gimp is a joke. Kx studio also laughable. If you want to create professional grade music, professional grade image manipulation,professional grade video editing, there is no point in running linux. I wish there was a way ( besides with wine muh machine is running it better). And if on top you want to play games well...realistically there is only windows. Thats why linux for desktop use is only on 3%. Sad but true.
>>
Then make your own and contribute to the solution instead of whining about the problem.
>>
>>54378518
classic
>>
You forgot about the professional grade spyware there, champ.
>>
>>54378489
You do realize there are several software companies that run only UNIX-based systems, right?

I'm a software dev and I don't need any of that microshilling/apple shit.
>>
>>54378685
Why have computers at all then tbqh
>>
If you are not poor you are making content on OSX onstead of using poor quality ports on Windows.
Honestly there is only Linux and OSX, Windows is only for the poor and /v manchildren.
>>
>>54378489
I don't make music, I don't edit movies or photos. So I don't need it.

Why can't people make up their own minds about which operating system to use. ffs
>>
>Gimp is a joke
Because it has 'commonly' (according to Photoshop users) used tools behind 9000 million options?
>>
>>54378489
lmms
>>
>>54378757
Are you from the 80's?
>>
why use DAWs when you have trackers
>>
>>54378489
I don't edit videos and gimp works well enough for making memes and infographics so why do i need a $2,000 status symbol again?
>>
>>54378922
To counter this, you should write a simple script. If you cant do that, you should not be using computers at all.
>>
>>54378964
Hipsters fucking everywhere
>>
Yeah...
turns out OS's are good for different things, who'd say, eh?
If you're to be a professional musician or graphic designer, you need a mac. If you want games, windows, and if you want a customizable environment and dealing with rather raw data, linux
>>
>>54378907
>>54378966
is this the "do you edit photos, or make anything creative with your pc" thread? op says that if you want to create things linux is useless, which is true.

>>54378934
it doesn't work like that. you firstly choose software then os.
>>
>>54378489
LMMS is ok for music
Krita is great for drawing

Other than preference and complicated UI or whatever is GIMP's problem, you could do professional image manipulation in it. One feature that I noticed is lacking compared to Photoshop's is liquify. Not sure what it's called in GIMP, but it is a bit shit.

I'm legitimately wondering what it is that you can do in Photoshop and can't do in GIMP.
>>
>>54378842
>Honestly there is only Linux and OSX
while I'm inclined to agree, this is not completely true
There is also windows, if you're some idiot who just wants to play flappy bird and check facebook.
But if you're in any way serious about computers (aside gaming) you don't even pay attention to the guys who say windows because you can automatically dismiss them as not knowing what they're doing
>>
Bitwig (cross-platform DAW) looks pretty professional but I agree with OP. Whenever I do photoshop, audio or video editing I just boot into win7.
>>
>>54378489
Windows Philosophy

>>54378518
Linux Philosophy
>>
>>54378842
But muh fruity loops
>>
>>54378489

Casuals that comprise the majority of the consumer market don't give a shit about creating anything other than selfies. Android has shown us that.
>>
>>54379267
pretty sure >>54378518 is sarcastic. if not then why would somebody who wants to make music/photo/video waste time on making complex music/photo/video etc. software when such software already exists and waits to be used.
>>54379318
point being?
>>
>>54378489
I've never seen that synth before.
Is it new?
What are its main features/selling points?
>>
>>54380029
Not op, but that is not a synth itself, it looks a controller plugin for a hardware synth, in this case the elektron analogue 4
>>
>>54378489
>professional grade music
ardour, renoise
>professional grade image manipulation
gimp is fine
>professional grade video editing
lightworks
>>
>>54380161
Oh yeah that looks like it, thank you.
I don't know shit about hardware stuff, as I'm too poor to even look at them lol
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>54380261
Those are very far from professional grade.
They're good for amateur, but I wouldn't call them "professional grade".
>>
>>54378489
>professional
You keep using that word...

What you mean to say is there is no consumer/"prosumer" shitware. There is plenty of professional software, you simply do not know about it or have access to it being that you are in fact not a professional.
>>
>>54380306
>I wouldn't call them "professional grade"
>>
>>54380350
Yes Anon, I'm sure those movies were made entirely in Lightworks and nothing else.
>>
>>54380334
>do not know about it or have access to it being that you are in fact not a professional.

anon doesn't know how knowledge works??

or pirated software??
>>
>>54380368
Tariq Anwar - Editor of 'The King's Speech'

Winner of two BAFTA Awards, 2011 Academy Award-nominee Tariq Anwar says that having used other systems, Lightworks 'is a far superior editing tool'.

Henry Stein - Editor of 'Celebration Day'

Music video editing maestro and big-title TV series editor Henry Stein says that Lightworks 'just lets you get on with the job of editing'.

Jill Bilcock - Editor of 'Road to Perdition'

'Moulin Rouge!' editor Jill Bilcock is a big fan of the Lightworks controller and tells us that 'it's truly a great system to work on'.
Read the interview

Scott Hill - Editor of 'Bruce Almighty'

Devotee Scott Hill tells us why he loves Lightworks and says that 'it's an editing tool that happened to be a computer, and not a computer that’s an editor.'

No but go ahead and keep believing they used Windows Movie Maker to do 90% of the editing
>>
Photo editing - gimp, darktable
DAW - Ardour
>>
>>54380350
>>54380368
Not the same lightworks, it used to be a highly proprietary and high-end system before its current incarnation, which has nothing in common with the original and was basically just developed in the last few years.
>>
File: apple_unix_ad.jpg (401 KB, 1976x1202) Image search: [Google]
apple_unix_ad.jpg
401 KB, 1976x1202
>>54378733
>run only UNIX-based systems
>don't need "apple shit"
>>
I'm not sure who will use it, because you will have to pay $60, but Reaper is getting a Linux port.
>>
File: 136[1].gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
136[1].gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>54380410
>Implying I said anything about them not liking it
>Implying I didn't specifically mean they used it along with other stuff and not that they didn't use it by itself.
>Implying those are impressive movies from the video-editing point of view.
>Implying I said anything about Movie Maker.
>Implying this is only about Lightworks and not in general about the list of sub-par programs I was originally replying to.
>>
>>54380523
All that text to admit that you were wrong and that Linux has professional video editing programs. Too much effort, if you ask me.
>>
File: _oY3_WHtmlQ.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
_oY3_WHtmlQ.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>54380543
I never daid that Linux only has shitty programs.In fact it does have good programs. Good for amateur.

Also nice strawman and dodging of the arguments.
>>
>>54380599
>>54380306 (You)
>Those are very far from professional grade.
>>
File: 1451594709242.jpg (3 MB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
1451594709242.jpg
3 MB, 4928x3264
>>54380639
Yes... And?

Is English your 2nd+ language?

To repeat my point in simpler words, I think they're not bad, but to be on the "professional grade" level they need to get better.
>>
I've been using bitwig lately as my DAW and I have to say I'm pretty pleased. Reminiscent of Ableton.
>>
>>54380784
Lightworks is literally used by professionals
>>
I'm on arts school and i use a Mac ;^)
>>
>>54380866
Was it not a few Ableton devs that walked out and started Bitwig?
>>
>>54378489
if you're making music with VSTs that are 99% flash 1% synthesizer you're not making professional-grade music
>>
>>54380892
Maybe, don't know the story. I just know that it runs on linux with all the VSTs I use and has all the features I used with ableton. I'd personally call it professional quality, since I'm a professional musician and it suits my needs, but I couldn't say whether it is as feature complete as more mature DAWs on windows or mac. I haven't noticed anything really lacking, but I haven't gone out of my way to look, either.
>>
>>54380878
*Lightworks is sometimes used by professionals
FTFY

Just like GarageBand is sometimes used by professional musicians and MS Paint is sometimes used by professional graphic designers.
It doesn't mean that they're top-level software. Just that they're sometimes used by professional for one reason or another.

A professional can use subpar software and he would still be a professional and the software would still be sub-par.

If Rick Rubin said he likes to use the Nokia 3310 ringtone composer to work, that wouldn't make that program professional-grade. It would only make it "sometimes-used-by-professionals".
>>
>>54378489
> tfw cant even use high end softwares costing 10000 dollars to make shitty dubstep on Linux
>>
>>54380988
Then, for the most part, users of other operating systems don't have reasonable access to professional grade software either. Most truly "professional" grade stuff is prohibitively costly and often tied to specialized hardware setups. And hell, if you're going to need specialized hardware anyway, and you're working hard enough on a project to make it worth paying exorbitant sums of money for the hardware and software, then it really doesn't matter that much what OS that software runs on. It's a specialized system.

What Linux does right, though, is that it provides many "sometimes-used-by-professional" open source alternatives that make pretty competent creative tools available to even casual users. They may not be truly comparable if you had the dollars to spend on the professional setup, but they often provide 80-90% of the features at no cost.

In other words, I'm pretty happy with how the linux ecosystem is now with creative software, and it's really only been improving.
>>
File: 1462384570237.jpg (25 KB, 292x261) Image search: [Google]
1462384570237.jpg
25 KB, 292x261
>>54378489
>Gimp is a joke

Nice try faggot
>>
>>54380988
That can be used to argue that nothing is professional software

>Photoshop is sometimes used by professional graphic designers. It doesn't mean that they're top-level software. Just that it's sometimes used by professional for one reason or another.

I mean the Aviator isn't a quirky indie movie going for a lo-fi home video aesthetic. It's a $100 million dollar production that won an Oscar for Best Film Editing and it was made in Lightworks.
>>
>>54381057
I pirated mine for free :^)
>>
>>54379147
There are interesting plugins for GIMP in the AUR. I just love GMIC.
>>
>>54380430
For photo editing, RawTherapee is also excellent, I use it a lot, supports film emulation.
>>
>>54380913

Please, name names of these supposed 1% synths.
>>
File: movingthegoalposts.jpg (29 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
movingthegoalposts.jpg
29 KB, 300x240
>>54381103
Nope.
At least in the video-editing/movie industry you can get pro stuff at least on Mac.
Maybe it won't be on the same level of some James Cameron custom technology kind of stuff, but for the rest of the "normal" professionals who don't use specialized stuff (which is obviously a very rare scenario), Mac (and sometimes Windows) software is what everybody uses.

>>54381161
There's a difference between "sometimes used by professionals" and "very often used by professionals" (or even being the industry standard).

>I mean the Aviator (...)
?
Every software (at least the non-shitty ones) has its good examples of work that was done with it. It doesn't change the fact that, while being good enough to be used for top-quality stuff given the right amount of talent, it still doesn't compare to some other non-linux pieces of software that are used in much more impressive movies.
>>
>>54381253
Massive, reFX Nexus, literally anything touched by ImagineLine
>>
>>54381295
Massive is extremely powerful (albeit now overused in EDM, but this doesn't make it bad), Nexus isn't even a synth but a rompler (it literally plays samples, manipulates them a little bit, and that's it).
Image-Line makes a lot of bullshit but Sytrus and Harmor alone are insanely powerful, and most of the other stuff (when it's not something outdated that got replaced by something newer, or something deliberately simple) is still not bad.

Did you just google some random VSTis?
>>
>>54381285
More feature films have been made with Lightworks than with Vegas or Premiere, so it's at least as professional as those.
>>
>>54381384
Add Final Cut Pro to that list.
>>
>>54379267
The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'.
Oops.
Wrong One.
'Do it yourself'.
Yes, that's it.
- Linus Torvalds
>>
>>54381285
>it's not a professional creation because I don't like the plotline
This is weapons-grade autism
>>
>>54381384
I don't know about the data, so I'll believe you on this one, but it's completely irrelevant, since you're still arguing that a program being used by professionals implies it's as good as its other rivals in the professional field.

>>54381412
>>it's not a professional creation because I don't like the plotline
Can you please point out which part of my message you got that from?
>>
>>54378489
Pixar would like to have a word with you
>>
>>54381450
>you're still arguing that a program being more used by professionals implies it's as good as its other rivals in the professional field.
Uh, yeah. What else would make a program "professional" or not?
>>
>>54381285
I find your definition of "professional" to be so mercurial as to be meaningless. You can use your lax definition to essentially turn every argument in to "I'm right and you're wrong because I said so."

It's not important whether linux has the industry standard software or whether the software is used very often or not. What matters in this context (that is, analyzing the overall quality of linux's creative software ecosystem) is the relative feature completeness and comparable functionality between free, open source alternatives to industry standards. As free, open source linux alternatives begin to approach the "vaguely comparable" mark they start being of increasing interest to companies/professionals due to their low/zero cost, and, for large companies, the ability to easily write new plugins/features really can't be underestimated.

Not only are Linux alternatives to industry standards pretty decent right now in general, but free/open source alternatives are seeing increasing marketshare among professionals for the aforementioned reasons, not to mention the trend of increasing interest in porting proprietary software to linux, partially due to large businesses like Disney choosing to run software like Photoshop through wine yet still demanding reasonable support from Adobe.
>>
What's stopping you from using Wine?
>>
>>54378733
>OP complains there is no content creation software
>OP is a retard, ’cause there’s every software development needed on UNIX

kek
>>
>>54381409
No, the Linux philosophy is "become a programmer to be able to edit videos"
>>
>>54381562
or, you know, use lightworks like hollywood does.
>>
>>54381285
>Every software (at least the non-shitty ones) has its good examples of work that was done with it. It doesn't change the fact that, while being good enough to be used for top-quality stuff given the right amount of talent, it still doesn't compare to some other non-linux pieces of software that are used in much more impressive movies.
Opinions you fucking faggot.
>>
>>54381571
Hollywood hasn't made a good movie in a decade though
>>
>>54379147
Honestly, I tried to use LMMS, several time, and I really wish I could completely switch to Linux. But let’s face it: if you’re a semi-pro or a pro, LMMS is complete shit.
It can’t compete with other pro software available on Windows and OSX— though I don’t like OSX, I can’t deny it’s great for content creators.
>>
>>54381369
>extremely powerful [citation needed]
I can do everything those synths do with Live's operator and a few plugin effects.
Or Live's sampler, in Nexus' case.
>>
>>54381468
>What else would make a program "professional" or not?
Being used by professionals means it's technically a professional program. It doesn't mean it's professional-grade. Only that it's used by professionals, and therefore can be pedantly called "professional", just like if MS Paint were to become popular in graphic design, it would become "professional software" while being miles away from "professional-grade" competitors in terms of quality and features.

We're literally arguing about semantics now.

>>54381488
1- It seems to me that you're implicitly saying that Linux software is good and almost comparable to its non-linux counterparts but it's not quite there yet. This has been my point since my first post.
2-See my response to the other post in the above paragraph.
3- When I talk about it being used or not by professionals, I do so in response to those post that make that argument (such as the firse one with the picture containing movie titles). It's literally a digression from my main point (that, regardless of how and how much they're being used, Linux programs are a few steps behind their non-linux competition). It's really just to answer that guy (or maybe it was you) on that specific point that I don't care about.
>>
>>54381295

>literally anything touched by ImagineLine

So you just haven't actually used their synths then...

Image Line's synths are all deceptively powerful, even 3x3OSC.
>>
File: blender_logo_socket.png (81 KB, 2000x640) Image search: [Google]
blender_logo_socket.png
81 KB, 2000x640
>>54378489
This exactly.
The only tool that's wroth anything is blender.

GIMP is garbage, krita isn't much better as well.

As long as I don't have a good Photoshop replacements i just cannot switch to Linux.
>>
>>54381641
Yeah but have you actually made a coherent argument that Lightworks isn't "professional grade" despite it being an industry tool
>>
>>54381591
Try Bitwig.
>>
>>54381616
No, you literally can't. In both cases.
I've never used Nexus (only seen it being used by other people), but I've used extensively both Massive and Ableton (including obviously Operator and Sampler) and I can tell you with 100% certainty that it's literally impossible.
Maybe you can get close to nexus with weird contraptions using racks and M4L devices, but other than that, no.

Also nobody uses Nexus for its capabilities, but for its libraries. Nobody cares about its features (as long as they don't suck too much obviously), since the only important aspect of it is the quality of sounds available for it.
I personally prefer KONTAKT, but it's the same argument.
>>
>>54381676
>industry tool
What do you mean by this?
>>
Image manipulation:
GIMP

Video editing:
lightworks

DAW (digital audio workstation):
BItwig, Ardour

3D work:
Blender

You clearly just don't do your research or don't spend the time to learn how to use the tools. You say they aren't professional grade cause YOU don't know how to use them or aren't professional.
>>
>>54381743
You know exactly what he means by this.
>>
>>54381728
>No, you literally can't. In both cases.
>I can tell you with 100% certainty that it's literally impossible.
I'm sure it must be the software's fault then :^)
>>
>>54381763
If I uderstand correctly, he means I argued against it by saying it's a tool used in the industry (that's what I understand "industry tool" means).
Which is something I didn't do.
>>
>>54381757
And to people who say GIMP is bad, it's honestly pretty great with plugins. It's just vanilla GIMP that is pretty weak compared to photoshop. I feel like people hear "oh, GIMP is linux's photoshop alternative, guess I'll try it" then see that it isn't powerful enough out of the box and drop it before exploring the actual ways GIMP can be competitive.

And then Krita, as far as drawing/painting programs go, is really quite good at what it tries to be. That is to say, it was never intended as a photoshop replacement as much as a competitor to programs like SAI.
>>
File: energyinside.jpg (56 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
energyinside.jpg
56 KB, 225x300
>>54381591

I did the same. I REALLY tried to like LMMS but after fucking with it for a while I had to come to the realization that it's nothing more than a shitty FL Studio clone... and a clone of an ancient version for FL Studio... and if I want to use something similar to FL 3.x-4.x then I might as well dig up the CD I have those old installers on and use the real deal.

Having said that energyXT shows promise. The biggest issue I will always have is that the bulk of my VST's just don't work under Linux.
>>
>>54378489
kdenlive for video

linux also has most of the best softwares that exist for recording & music, as well as zero latency

I won't argue graphics though, krita is way better than gimp but still lacks
>>
Profissional = OSX and Windows
Hobbist = GNU/Linux
Mainstream = BSD*
>>
>>54381799
Alright then, tell me how to make the sounds available as wavetables in it, and at the same time ring-modulate them, modify the waves in real time (with the bend/formant controls), have two parallel filters (that feature combs, allpasses, screams, etc.), have great control over the routing and (advanced) effects position inside the signal chain of the synth itself.
All this, being modulated by crazy envelopes, LFOs and step sequencers that modulate each other.
You literally can't.

Also because Massive is a subtractive/wavetable synth and Operator is an FM one.

For Nexus, as I said, It's possible to get close to the software's functionality (which are irrelevant) by using a combination of racks, multiple instances, etc. (while with Nexus you just have to open it and use it), but it's impossible to get its sounds (which are the only relevant point for even using Nexus in the first place), as they're almost never available for Ableton and the few that are exclusive for it aren't often very good.
>>
>>54381914
Again, try bitwig.

P.S. there are both wrappers and bridges available to run windows VSTs on linux e.g. dssi-vst, festige, airwave, as well as a pretty large selection of open source VSTs
>>
>>54381918
>linux also has most of the best softwares that exist for recording & music
like what?
>>
>>54382052

If I do, I'll probably test it out under Windows. I'm not a fan of Ableton so something designed by their programmers doesn't have a lot of appeal.
>>
>>54378489
3% is way too high more like 1.5%
>>
>>54379407
>point being?

Professional grade creation suites are irrelevant to success of linux and therefore not a problem with linux OSs in any ways.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (42 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
42 KB, 480x360
>>54380487
From the devs themselves? Supported distro is Ubuntu I guess?

source pls
>>
>>54378964
This.
Trackers are so much more comfy, especially for drum programming.
>>
>>54378964

because using Cubase, Sonar, or even FL Studio is better.

shit... PowerTracks Pro is better.
>>
>>54378489
Yeah there's really no point in using bitwig, renoise, reaper (native version nearly ready), tracktion, ardour, lmms, audacity.
What a retard you are.
>>
Fucking freetards who have no clue about music production just Google "daw linux" and post it in this thread.
There is not a single DAW that can be considered a fully featured professional DAW. Not only that, you will be missing a shit ton of plugins which are necessary but not available on Linux.
>>
>>54384291
well memed
>>
>>54384225
>bitwig, renoise, reaper (native version nearly ready), tracktion, ardour, lmms, audacity.
There really isn't. Reaper is the only decent one on your list but completely useless on Linux because reapers effects suck dick and you need third party ones
>>
>>54384318
Name one proper alternative for Melodyne on Linux. Oh shit, you can't because even on Windows/Mac there's only one which is VariAudio from Cubase.
>>
>>54384366
The alternative to melodyne is AutoTune, they are both plugins serving the same purpose, not DAWs

AutoTune and Melodyne plugins both support cross-platform VST(i)
>>
>>54384379
>The alternative to melodyne is AutoTune
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA
>>
>>54378842
OSX beach balled me to no end. If the problem wasn't a ram issue, it was the gpu acting up because I needed to work at a high resolution and sometimes work from a lower one. Eventually it couldn't even handle accessing the database because of what I can only assume to be a shadowing process.

Not that windows doesn't have its own jitter but at very least I can expect to crash right away or give several hints leading up to the crash so I can save.

I'm not going to get started on the whole osx vs windows deal but having said what I did linux manages image editing without the possibility of lock up. Sure there are fewer options but none of them too stringent on a particular order of operations. Mac is about design after all and comfort is in the environment.
>>
>>54384225

Renoise - ass
Reaper - damned good but no Linux Native version today.
Tracktion - Very meh
Ardour - too convoluted to get anything done
LMMS - see my post here >>54381914
Audacity - SoundForge, WaveLab, and Audition defecate all over Audacity.

try again
>>
>>54378518
>os is objectively shit
>well you can just make it not shit! for free!!! linux is da best
>>
we don't need more 'content creators' in the world
>>
>>54384496
>no Linux Native version today.
yes there is
can't even be bothered to reply all the other edginess. stay on windows, sounds like a good match for you.
>>
>>54379147
Basically the difference between GIMP and Photoshop, from someone that spent about a decade using PS/Illus is that Photoshop allows you to edit photographs and images as photographs and images.
You 'cut' the paper in front of you and 'shear' the perspective of the image.

In Photoshop you would just take the cutting tool and draw a 'cut' on the paper. In Gimp, you take the data source and still 'cut' but the information is being handled differently. In Photoshop you have a constant anti aliased effort and I think even the mouse is locked into common design patterns like length of stroke and stylization in quicker strokes.

In Gimp, I think, you're stuck in a bitmap squeeze and have to consider it all as pixels for the most part rather than an image. This is so because the tools can't be precise in the same way without the anti-aliasing that let's the screen display thinner than pixel lines through just principles of design and properties of vision. But I'm no designer and I really doubt there would be more than a handful designers in the WORLD that could or would possibly take to discussion on this topic. Sadness!

This anti-aliasing makes it easier to find those "perfect" human curved lines, like a feather caught in a wind of inspiration suddenly caressing a solitary space and maintaining a sense of pertinence; aerodynamic.
Of course, I'm probably playing fancy and waxing intelligent but it's true. I couldn't find a curve on Gimp for the life of me, but on Photoshop and Illustrator I'll fucking give you the space between two atoms. Also, I noticed that when you mess with the array of pixels in photoshop, the processor and gpu wind up similarly to how most operations occur in Gimp. It's like a stream rather than structural.
>>
>>54384636
Nigga what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>54384999
Your autism.

Professional artists were amateur at some point. They learned their craft and create artisan works. The software didn't dictate what they were supposed to learn, they just learned it and found a way to use it. So since they didn't have software to teach them, they didn't learn how to be professional by virtue of having a complete piece come out of one of these pieces of software like all those mix tapers would like to lead to you believe.

When they learned how to draw, they drew on paper. They developed techniques and eventually combined all those techniques to make for art. Then when they realized that their technique put them in demand, they sold their technique descriptions to million dollar companies who then made creative suite software fit for living, breathing, professional artists.

So, they learned the hatch stroke and then learned how to make different versions of it. After a career in hatch stroking they were able to write a book on it. After several years of published success Adobe gave gave them a call and asked them to describe their process thoroughly and for good money. Then adobe took these processes and combined them into one amazing, awesome program. They even made sure to separate the mechanical distinction from the fortuitous one through a GPU noise that follows your stroke rather than the collapse and turn of the data table.

Did that make sense?
>>
>>54385113
>Did that make sense?

Not even a little.
>>
>>54385166
>I didn't read it
>>
>>54385206
I did. And I tried to make sense of it.

It's literally like listening to an anon describe his underwater weighing test.
>>
>>54384636
>>54385113
You should try adding some tomatoes to your word salad.
>>
>>54385113
By the way you can use that same noise channel that adobe tapped into to do other cool things that will make people feel at ease while working but there has been an increase in overhead noise due to things like JS and Wide Array Tables that kind of obscure a determinable structure from which to generate predictions. Inadvertently, of course, but now that we've noticed it, let's use it!

Anyway, I might start to sound like a conspiracy nut but that's what it is. I really do believe that is part of the reason adobe is on its way down in other areas. The software having been so widespread for a while, probably still is, makes people so familiar with its subtle intricacies ( even as noise ) that a flash process catches their ear, the transition from frame to frame has its own noise pattern and attracts the eye. I noticed that while flash videos aren't the best for things like photo realism and secure web browsing ( its a multimedia platform, meant to be accessed ) it wasn't made to act as a gallery. It's a stage/environment. Flash was made for making media streams.
If the service accessed the mainframe and created a vulnerability, one could always turn to the use of an extra layer or third party register to account for the security, but people were yelling and girls were threatening to ruin it for everyone. So adobe just stayed quiet and worked towards the rest of the platofrm, but in doing so gave themselves up to not only the security squads a lot of these companies have in place but also to the whims of those other companies' customers.

Anyway, my computer was acting up so I'm going to re-read this and see if anything's weird.
>>
>>54385349
It's fine, I don't really care if you take what I want from it. You'll always look to sate your own appetites before dealing with the problem. That's just the consumerist culture we have about us in this day and age. You literally weren't able to tell what I was writing about because I didn't simply state it. You are a tech consumer as opposed to the other kind that feeds the ego.
>>
>>54378489
>Gimp is a joke
stopped reading right there
>>
>>54385379
>I noticed that while flash videos aren't the best for things like photo realism and secure web browsing ( its a multimedia platform, meant to be accessed )
companies would still take to it as such.
>>
>>54384629

No, scrotum neck, there isn't.
>>
>>54385647
It is in development but there is a version actively being worked on which is quite stable surprising complete already, scrotum neck.
>>
>>54385434

y'know... I argued that with my wife as she took a class on Photoshop last semester... And EVERYTHING she did in PS was sooooooooooo much easier and more precise than me doing exactly the same shit in GIMP.
>>
>>54385708

Steinberg once started development on a version of Cubase for IRIX and IIRC one for Linux. Doesn't mean shit to me today 'cause neither were ever made available, so instead of waiting for either one to be released I used what was available: Cubase VST 5.1R2 for Windows.

A native linux version of Reaper being "in development" doesn't mean shit if I can't download it, install it, and work with it.

I can do that with Tracktion and energyXT, but not Reaper.
>>
>>54385863
>I can't download it, install it, and work with it.
You can though you fucking moron.
>>
>>54385779
That's becasude GIMP is shit, Krita will eventually deprecate it since it's development is quite active.
>>
File: 5xrgk8.gif (2 MB, 304x172) Image search: [Google]
5xrgk8.gif
2 MB, 304x172
>>54385882

Oh, so Cockos is hiding the fully stable native Linux release of Reaper???

... 'cause according to their download page they're suggesting using the Windows version under WINE for Linux.

I'm not using a beta for my music.
>>
>>54386037
Suit yourself anon, and you must have been living under a rock to have missed it in the media this week.
>>
>>54386037
You probably do shit music anyways since you are not using OSX for that matter.
>>
>>54386066
kek
>>
>>54386056

The screenshot I posted was taken right before I posted it. I just did a google search on "Reaper linux native" and haven't seen anything current. Where are you getting this "news"?
>>
>>54378489
>content creation
>implying content is created instead of repurposed
>all fakers do is repurpose other people's shit
>>
>>54386331
Go back to sleep.
>>
File: 1462263125691.jpg (349 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1462263125691.jpg
349 KB, 1600x1067
You just use whatever the fuck you need. You need games and to create shit? Use Windows. Need a server? Use Linux. Need homosexual software? Use OSX.

It's not that hard, autistic pieces of shit. I'm tired of coming to /g/ to see 14 years old discussing about how Linux is superior to Windows or Android is superior to my toaster. If you guys seriously give a shit I feel bad about it.

Grow up. Use what works for you and for christs sake stop coming to anime imageboards to say muh software is better than urs xD
>>
>>54378489
>implying you understand any of the shit going on in the pic
>>
>>54386066

nah, my shit has been released. My hip hop tracks have been used by a few bigger names as well as some underground acts. My dance tracks are in rotation with some good dj's (not shit-tier Vegas DJs like Pauly D). Been doing this shit since the 90's largely anonymously (my face is never uncovered during interviews or when spinning).
>>
>>54386839
So you do shit music then. Media buzzwords and blowing smoke up your own ass doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>54386867

whatever helps you sleep at night duke.
>>
>>54386924
typical talentless hiphip soundclouder
>muh beatz r tha best bro
>>
File: 1459646485199.jpg (158 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1459646485199.jpg
158 KB, 720x480
>>54379066
> If you want to get shit done, get a mac
> If you want to raid with your furry WoW guild and play videogames, get Windows
> If you want to do absolutely nothing but rice your desktop so you can post with autistic minded individuals over at /desktopgeneral/, get Linux
>>
File: 1409433738155.gif (46 KB, 1350x296) Image search: [Google]
1409433738155.gif
46 KB, 1350x296
>>54378489
Thanks for the original thread, OP!

>Kubuntu 14.04 gaymen shitpost box & diggin it.
>>
>>54386938

except I make Electro, Techno, Deep House, and Ambient/Downtempo far more than hip hop.
>>
>>54386998
>> If you want to get shit on, get a mac
FTFY
>>
>>54378489
>no content creation software
>it has vim, the GCC
good meme
>>
>producing on linux
why
>no vst dll for you, enjoy your shitty plugins
>producing on mac
other than FL studio's port being incomplete, breddy good for most stuff

>producing on windows
CRACKS EVERYWHERE

anyways

I would like some opinions (I use Windows fyi)

Best Compressor VST?
Best Saturation/Softclip VST?
Best EQ VST?
Best Mastering Suite/mb comp/limiter VST(s)?
>>
>>54387076
Just grab the Waves and iZotope bundles...
>>
Not a professional so Blender, Ardour, and GIMP for that kind of stuff works well enough for me. There's some stuff like Super Collider I wouldn't mind learning but was never too into that field.
>>
>Objective problem

Subjective. I consider digital art worthless and harmful to society, so any quality that suppresses computer doodlers and bleep bloopers is a good quality.

I hope "content" creation software for other operating systems vanishes.

Same for video games. The intense form of escapism they embody is rivaled only by moe anime. They are a social ill.

>>54378518
Artists are incapable of contributing anything to society, even software that would bring about net harm.
>>
>>54380487
I too am interested in this.
>>
>>54387138
iZotope doesn't work very well and a lot of the waves plugins aren't that good.
>>
>>54387288
> I consider digital art worthless and harmful to society, so any quality that suppresses computer doodlers and bleep bloopers is a good quality.

What you just said was subjective, his point was an objective observation of the lack of well functioning graphics and music software.

>Same for video games. The intense form of escapism they embody is rivaled only by moe anime. They are a social ill.

Do you realize that shitposting on image boards is escapism itself? you're a hypocrite, plain and simple.
>>
>>54387457
Its status as a problem is subjective. Learn to read. There is no objective problem.

>Do you realize that shitposting on image boards is escapism itself? you're a hypocrite, plain and simple.
And jews can't support hitler, right?
>>
I agree, no good daw or adobe alternatives. Linux is meant for servers, end users and security
>>
>>54379066
But if all the hardware and software was open source, like in a post-capitalist world, we wouldn't need to boot 50 OSes on one PC.
>>
File: 1460238456985.jpg (40 KB, 460x467) Image search: [Google]
1460238456985.jpg
40 KB, 460x467
>>54378489
>>
>>54378489
im not sure about an other DAWs but fl and ableton work flawlessly in wine for me
>>
File: 1454424592785.png (245 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1454424592785.png
245 KB, 382x417
>>54386645
is that chicken breast?
>>
>>54378980
some people have lives and shit to do, unlike your typical anime watching loser who can write a "script" and call himself a 1337 hax0r
>>
I use kontakt a midi keyboard and cool edit pro thru stereo, call the police idgaf
>>
>>54389040
>lives
>shit to do
>editing images on a computer

See you at fermilab (not) (see you at the national enquirer adding grays to photos of trump)
>>
>>54389149
Dont call the police right now i meat thru stereo mix
>>
I tried to run shit through wine for several years and eventually gave up and bought a Mac then later I bought a Surface Pro 3 for the direct pen input and I haven't looked back.
>>
>>54378518
Make a model that's at least to the quality of a Fallout 4 character.

Now take your response and reverse it.

Programming and visual art are completely separate disciplines, the more time you spend in one the less time you spend in the other.
It's simple, you want nice looking things? buy them from artists, artists want programs? they buy them from programmers.
>>
>>54387288
>Artists are incapable of contributing anything to society
Stop buying /using anything that looks nice if you actually believe that.
>>
File: Archie.jpg (240 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Archie.jpg
240 KB, 800x800
>>54389781

It's a common opinion held by Neo-Nazi idiots. It explains their fascination with shit like Arch and the i3 Matrix looking DE.
>>
>>54378489
MUH Professional
>>
>>54378489
Photoshop "expert" here. GIMP's perfectly capable, it's just not the industry standard and doesn't work flawlessly with other Adobe softwares.
>>
>>54389942
Just want to add: it's also a time saver using Photoshop over GIMP.
>>
>>54378489
pure data runs on linux
>>
>>54380523
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>54389878
Weird, why would neo-nazi's think that.
Hitler was an art student and their uniform was fashionable as fuck.
Everything about them was heavily steeped in appearance and mood.
Mind you supposedly he was one of the first year lazy types that were all like "Ugh I wanna "Make art" not study anatomy"
>>
>>54387424
its already out on arch
>>
File: explainer.jpg (63 KB, 502x557) Image search: [Google]
explainer.jpg
63 KB, 502x557
csound
common music
pure data
super collider

oh wait, you're too stupid to use any of that
>>
>>54387288
> Same for video games. The intense form of escapism they embody is rivaled only by moe anime.
Frequenting 4chan is pretty much on par with playing vidya in terms of escapism
>>
>>54385863
>>
>>54378489
>objective
>goes on to list nothing but opinions
Fuck off with your "content creator" bullshit.
Gimp > Photoshop and more usable because of non-painful scripting. I have a copy of both.
There is no such thing as 'professional grade music'. LMMS and Hydrogen are both fine though.
We don't have any decent video-editor other than Blender's built-in, but decent video-editors barely even exist.

SteamOS is Linux.

>Linux for Desktop use is only 3%
Nice appeal to bandwagon. Desktops use is only 10%. It's a minority. Next you'll start telling me that black people use Windows more, therefore it's good?
>>
>>54389149

Truth be told, Kontakt is kinda all you need. For shits and giggles I've done entire tracks with a single instance of Kontakt (also did the same with a single instance of Korg M1 too).
>>
>>54393115

nope, not working, but that's prolly 'cause I'm not an archfag
>>
When will people just use what's best for them and leave us at peace ?
>>
>2016
>all software aren't fully portable yet
what the fuck seriously
>>
>>54378489
>make professional music
>no instruments, just a computer
It's not making music if you didn't play an instrument bleep bloop are not music it's garbage

Go jack off to deadmaw5 kids
>>
>If you want to create professional grade music, professional grade image manipulation,professional grade video editing

There's OSX for these kinds of things.

Linux on the desktop is for general purpose home computing, not for professional productivity.
>>
>>54395685
>MOM THEY LISTEN TO MUSIC I DON'T LIKE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Get fucked faggot
>>
>>54393644
>There is no such thing as 'professional grade music'. LMMS and Hydrogen are both fine though.

There is a pro level DAW. There are certain features you would expect out of a pro-tier DAW. LMMS and Hydrogen don't fit the bill here.
>>
>>54380261
Renoise is pro.
I need Ableton Live as well though
>>
Windows:
>muh games and normie software
Linux:
>All valve games, indie games
>implying gimp is only photo editing software, there's Pinta.
>ignoring FL Studio
>>
fuck getting devices to work on linux, managing the configuration of a single station is a pain in the ass. God help you if you're responsible for maintaining a fleet of them. If you want to keep a bunch of shit in working order it needs to be windows.
>>
>>54378489
That OS is not for "content creation" in the prosumer/graphic designer sense
>>
>>54387288

Being this retarded.
>>
Graphic designer here, my issue with Linux isn't just that the only notable image editor barely worth talking about is GIMP, it's that there is literally no analog for the rest of the creative suite. Even photoshop isn't good at vector graphics compared to. illustrator (or rather it lacks all. the right tools and what's there is somewhat rudimentary in comparison). There is nothing remotely worth considering as a replacement for InDesign on Linux. Lightroom is even more powerful than photoshop for professional grade image processing (different from editing) and so on.

If you're only using photoshop for design you're either in a very very narrow position or you're inefficient as fuck. GIMP out of the box does not stand up to photoshop out of the box. It is not as powerful, plain and simple, and having to customize and install plug-ins to bring it to the bare minimum I require from photoshop is a massive waste of my time with eight clients and ten deadlines bearing down on me that require a significant amount more tools than one program alone can remotely use. You would never in your right mind attempt a completed print design in photoshop or GIMP, you'd be laughed out of every studio and every printer.

The issue is not one program or another - it's that the entire range of programs and tools required as a bare necessity for design have no presence at all on Linux. Time is money, I can't expect to fuck with endless plug-ins to catch up. And in the actual professional design world you're expected to be able to do everything in a project start to finish which is so vastly more than photoshop I can't believe anyone could conceive otherwise. Try managing a 300 page book or complex typographic layouts or anything close to a presentable packaged print folder, or anything professional like that.

I like Linux, it's just impractical in every way for my needs. It's not GIMP's fault, it's the fault of every other program that doesn't exist. But also GIMP is shit too.
>>
>>54387288
>I consider digital art worthless and harmful to society
i'm laughing out loud at this, what the fuck
>>
>>54381616
Operator and Massive are two completely different synths you dweeb
>>
>>54384366
well, FL has Newtone. haven't used it really, just played with it and it seems to work decently. functionality is fairly minimal though
>>
>>54386066
here's your reply
>>
>>54400292
Totally this.
People use the better tool for the job ,simple as that.
Freetards saying GIMP can replace Ps are just delusional, plus the lack of the tools you just mentioned, it's just not worth it.
It talks volumes about the state of theese people, they don't even know how the word works outside of their basement.
Bear in mind i use Linux almost full time because it's the best tool for MY needs but i would never push it to someone else becasue it's just retarded.
>>
>>54387076
>compressor VST
fabfilter pro-c
>best saturation/softclip VST
izotope trash - though i don't saturate or softclip that often
>best EQ vst
fabfilter pro-Q 2, though i mostly just use fruity's pEQ. even if i need to make surgical edits i'm likely going to use fruity convolver's linear phase presets out of habit
>best mb comp
fabfilter pro-mb

pretty boring answers, i know
>>
File: 1455111311357.png (23 KB, 300x461) Image search: [Google]
1455111311357.png
23 KB, 300x461
>>54400292
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>54380892
>Bitwig
Does Bitwig support muh freedom though? I might use Ardour
>>
>>54400486
I'd love to use Linux for Profesional design work but that would require a CS port or WINE which is slow as shit on my laptop. I use a Windows laptop because I can still play a few vidya on it in downtime, but my work is usually done on my laptop anymore. At home I do a lot of heavy work as well and also play vidya. It's extremely convenient to just load it all on one OS and not have to bother with it.

OSX isn't even the "best" for design it just has a historical standard attached to it which came about because of the display quality, which is absolutely 100% a massive bonus. Even today a regular Mac has decent color accuracy for professional needs without requiring adjustment compared to the majority of other monitors. This is why it's ubiquitous - you'd also have to pay labor for tuning every monitor and it is cheaper in bulk for studios to use macs.

But I do enjoy Linux, it just has little to no overlap with my specific needs. If it had a full creative suite that didn't just cover the basics but was as convenient, usable, and well designed as ACS that would be wonderful. I'd dual boot that in a heartbeat and keep Windows for vidya. But really there are no options whatsoever if you're a professional because not only do you need to be able to use all those tools yourself but easily send your shit to someone else for another phase of the project. Everyone needs to be interconnected and fast as hell, a d it's that network element that CS has over almost any other industry standard. "it just werks" etc but it's true in this instance. No fucking with compatibility, no workflow disruption, etc. These are just as important as the tools themselves.
>>
>>54400677
I always figured actual professional media work was best for other systems. There's still a lacking even if it has been improving some. Even if CS was ported to Linux I can't see many people re-learning another OS to use what would be the same software. It would just appease a small market.

I think people do get annoyed though that lack of media software on Linux is equated to lack of any useful software. Or that non-professionals somehow require professional tools.
>>
>>54379254
This, bitwig is a great daw

Also Bricscad is great for 3d, plus blender for animation

Gimp is great OP. Only photoshop fags who are too stupid to create scripts hate it. Any graphic designer who undersrands basic scripting will be exponentially more productive in their workflow using gimp compared to photoshop. pull adobes cock out of your mouth.
>>
>>54400767
The fact that media production software (at least some of if) is used rather extensively by non-profesisonal people (PS used by emo femboys for example) and that makes it hard for Linux to be more used on the desktop.
>>
>Fuck it. We'll do it in assembly.
>>
>>54400767
Yeah for general use GIMP is fine enough but on an actual professional level it is simply unusable. It's for a multitude of reasons not least of which is that it really is worse than photoshop at the same tasks, but also all that I mentioned above. There is no ecosystem it exists within, it's just a solitary program for image editing. Design is not just image editing. In any given project I've worked on this last year I've touched photoshop probably the least. I'm usually doing photography, processing in LR, maybe making a few edits in PS, working a lot of graphics in AI, putting it all together in ID for print as well as all the typography. Typography is shit in almost any other CS program because of the way files are handled. I can't imagine someone ever reasonably justifying GIMP in a professional environment. There's nothing for it to coexist with, no efficient way to move projects down the pipeline with it, etc.

And Linux accounts for such a small portion of desktop usage it's pointless to port it. Anyone in the industry is already on OSX or Windows. No one really gives a shit. But GIMP is more than enough for a /g/ user who doesn't actually do big, professional graphic design work. And especially not for print. I can see a freelancer using GIMP for Web stuff, but for print it's completely useless in every way. Utter garbage. It would be like trying to write code in ink and expecting it to work.
>>
File: 1462152164534.png (869 KB, 1024x1240) Image search: [Google]
1462152164534.png
869 KB, 1024x1240
>>54378518
good b8 friend
>>
>>54378518
I don't know how. I'm an artist, not a programmer.
>>
>>54387288
*tip*
>>
>>54378489
Lots of mainstay IRIX applications like Maya, Flame and Smoke run on Linux now, though.

>>54378518
Why do people actually believe this is a valid response when someone points out a flaw with the GNU/Linux platform in comparison to its more established proprietary competitors? If you want to push a platform or application on others as a competitive alternative to another, it's YOUR job, not their job to actually make it competitive.
>>
GIMP days are numbered, it's a stalled project and Krita will surpass it in every way.
>>
File: 1443723907386.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
1443723907386.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2848
>>54400938
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>54401047
Calling it something else becasue that lunatic says so doesn't make it viable for professional media creation.
>>
>>54401098
Why are you calling it Windows while actually NT is the kernel? Why calling GNU Linux while GNU is the operating system?
>>
>>54401283
Because Linux can survive without GNU.
>>
>>54381669
>GIMP is garbage
Why that?
>>
>>54378489
GIMP is for Image Manipulation, not content creation.

For content creation, try Krita.
>>
>>54378489
>worldoflinux.org
>>
>>54378489

The only thing wrong with Gimp is the catastrophic UI design decisions
>>
Gimp is very good but it's different from Photoshop.
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 734x75) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12 KB, 734x75
>>54381591
You're right, LMMS IS complete shit. There are like a friggin million and one DAWs for Linux, so try a different one. Personally I like Ardour, but Bitwig gets great reviews and there are plenty of others like Mixbus, Tracktion, QTractor, Frinika, etc.
>>
>>54400984
Learn it or shut up.
>>54384505
>>54401026
It's a perfectly valid response. I hate people who just sit there and complain instead of getting shit done.
>>
>>54378842
that was true like 20 years ago, grandpa

nowadays adobe suit et al are 1rst made for windows, and then ported, sometimes with less functionality, to osX
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.