[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two Computer Setup?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: laptop-vs-desktop.jpg (70 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
laptop-vs-desktop.jpg
70 KB, 1024x768
I want to get a new computer to play games, watch video and access the internet with, but I want to also have a secure archival computer for typing and data storage not connected to the internet. I also don't want to throw down an enormous amount of money. Also viewing space is an issue since ALL LCD displays look like fucking trash (yes, fucking "LED" displays are still just shitty LCDs with a dishonest name) and I tend to only use CRT monitors because they look infinitely better, despite weight and size issues. I also want to have a full keyboard for the archival computer, not some tablet shit and I despise the shoddy keyboards of laptops. So far my ideas are:

1: Use current DT for archival computer and just buy another DT for video games, movies, internet, etc.

2: Buy a simple laptop for the archival computer and just make due with the shitty screen (which is less important for the archival computer since it's going to mostly be for word processing) and keyboard and buy a new desktop also.

Ideas? Any other suggestions?
>>
>>54378270
wtf are you even talking about ? and what has your autistic rage against lcd displays to do with it ? it sound like you want a fileserver ?
stop the drugs, sober up again, and post again tomorrow.
>>
>>54378464
LCD is a shit technology that plebs don't care about because they're inbred enough that they're half blind. Now what I was talking about was figuring out if should just buy another desktop for entertainment and use the current one for archival purposes or buy an entirely new computer like a laptop for that, although that might be an inferior choice - it would be portable though.
>>
>>54378517
have you ever been tested for some sort of mental damage ? if not i'd suggest you'd get tested
>>
File: 1413896853009.jpg (29 KB, 545x353) Image search: [Google]
1413896853009.jpg
29 KB, 545x353
>>54378550
>>
>>54378517
you realize any laptop is going to be LCD right?

Also you're some type of mentally ill if you think ALL LCDs look worse.

Sounds like you just haven't bought a nice 2560x1440 monitor.
>>
>>54378690
Yeah that's why I said it would be an inferior choice, but it would also have advantages like portability and taking up less space than two full sized computers. It's a bit of a tradeoff.

>ALL LCDs look worse.
They absolutely do and you're a faggot if you think otherwise.
>>
>>54378751
>They absolutely do and you're a faggot if you think otherwise.
maybe for you dumb fuck.

I have an old sony CRT downstairs from back in the day, can even OC it to 150hz+.

But i still use dual 25" IPS 2560x1440p all day every day.
>>
>>54378763
>But i still use dual 25" IPS 2560x1440p all day every day.
This is because it's easier with cock in ass.
>>
>>54378763
Btw EVERYONE professional already knows you're wrong, that's why artists use CRT instead of shitty LCD - truer color, darker blacks, less color distortion from all angles

>Guys guys listen guys I have a great guys listen I have a great idea...
>We'll use polarized light
>For a full color display
>People are retarded. They won't even notice the difference
>People will even defend it and claim it's better!
>I think you're going a little far. Nobody's that ret-
>>
>>54378814
>that's why artists use CRT instead of shitty LCD - truer color, darker blacks, less color distortion from all angles

Show me any professional in 2016 who hasn't transitioned to a calibrated IPS display.
>>
>>54378270
>since ALL LCD displays look like fucking trash (yes, fucking "LED" displays are still just shitty LCDs with a dishonest name)

What is TN, IPS, VA?
>>
I didn't realize this thread was going to turn into an LCD autismfest.
>>
>>54379021
why ? the OP is an autistic anti-lcd post, ofc it would turn into that
>>
>2016
>not using OLED monitors
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.