[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I should have listened to you guys. I went for a dual monitor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: p1030810.jpg (272 KB, 1920x852) Image search: [Google]
p1030810.jpg
272 KB, 1920x852
I should have listened to you guys. I went for a dual monitor setup and it was not the amazing experience i was expecting. it's actually more productive to work on one monitor only.

dual monitors are just to show off
>>
You fucked up. Should have gotten three. Two just means you got close but ended up with blue balls.
>>
>>54367311
This, desu senpai. I have 3 currently and am looking to get a 4th.
>>
>>54367259
turn one 90 degrees

PDFs, many web pages, and code editors work much better in portrait mode

use the other for everything else.
>>
what about when you're streaming and you need another screen to see chat and obs recording? thats impossible with 1 monitor

what about photoshop work where you need to look at another image for reference constantly, youd have to alt tab every 5 seconds

what about gaming fullscreen but IRC in the other?

2 monitors is very useful, rarely you'll ever need 3 though.
>>
>>54367259
if you can't properly use two monitors thats a problem with your workflow not with two monitors not being useful.

I could never go back to a single monitor.
>>
>>54367259
I have absolutely no situation in mind where 2 monitors would be worse than 1.
>>
>>54367259
Dual monitors are just a legacy technology. The mainstream is 4-5 years behind cutting edge concepts, so that's why they're common on business desktops now. /g/ is 1-2 years behind the curve, so that's why so many here take dual monitors for granted.

27" @ 2560x1440 is great with a modern OS. Far better than the bezels world that is dual 22 or 24 inch screens, and approx the same price.

Only reason dual monitors caught on was price/performance. Back not too long ago, a 100 dpi 27" or 30" screen would have cost $1000.
>>
>>54367259
>dual monitors are just to show off
yup

Now the question is if 27" monitors are better than 24".
>>
>falling for /g/ memes
Anything at least 30" and 4k would be better than more monitors IMO. If you can't afford it, get a 27" 1440p and call it a day.
>>
>>54368130
>What is a Bezel
>>
>>54367259
You are an asshole, anon. You need at least 8 monitors to be productive
>>
>>54367345

This.
>>
>>54367259
>he doesn't have on in portrait
senpai wtf
>>
I really wish I had the desk space to have 3 monitors. My dual monitor setup are just two 24" Dell monitors.

One is my primary monitor where I watch videos, play games, or do work on, while the second one is where my chat windows are, and some information I need to keep open while working.

It's efficient as fuck, I can never go back to one monitor. I struggle a bit while trying to work on my laptop as well because of it.

I plan to have a third monitor in portrait mode for special occasions (articles, shitposting, etc) and additional work space, but right now I don't feel like spending money.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.