[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poorfag here currently thinking about buying the Logitech G502
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 718RYj8YNCL._SL1500_.jpg (80 KB, 1500x860) Image search: [Google]
718RYj8YNCL._SL1500_.jpg
80 KB, 1500x860
Poorfag here currently thinking about buying the Logitech G502 mouse or a version of it. It looks good and has more than 2 buttons which I've been looking for but the mousewheel looks like shit.

Would /g/ recommend this mouse? It costs more than I probably should spend on a mouse but for how often I use my computer I'm willing to spend it.
>>
>>54362571
looks like a meme
>>
My preference is the 602, its more comfortable and a lil less memetic. It could also theoretically be used in a professional setting but i use it strictly for personal use
>>
>>54362583
Thanks, you've convinced me I will no longer be purchasing this mouse
>>
probably the best mouse money can buy
>>
>>54362664
Word? Did they ever fix the issues with the mouse wheel? Is it still shit material and can you now bind it?
>>
>>54362639
Forgot to mention, the keys on the outside of the 602 are a bit prone to breakage , but other than that phenomenal mouse.
>>
File: Mo-LG402.jpg (59 KB, 1000x798) Image search: [Google]
Mo-LG402.jpg
59 KB, 1000x798
I have the G402 which has a normal mousewheel. Only issue is that there isn't a button under the mousewheel. Other than that it's basically the same.
>>
Try it before buying it, it is stupid to buy something by looks
>>
>>54362571
It's essentially a direct descendant of the god-tier MX502, with better DPI profiles and unlockable scroll wheel

Comfy for me, but some people (esp. those who prefer smaller mice and 'claw' grip) may not like the thumbrest.

DPI and button profiles are stored on the mouse and executed in hardware so there's no bloat or driver lag.

Very easy to disassemble and clean.
>>
>>54362729
G402 breddy gud, but sometimes I wish I would have paid the extra 50 euros and got g502
>>
I have one anon. The mousewheel is weird to get used to, but amazing after. I highly recommend it, and if you're smart, buy the spectrum (same price; full rgb lighting)
>>
>>54362729
It looks like it's missing the button where the thumb rests.

>>54362743
I will if I can find a store that has one on display here, I've been using death adders since they first came out so an entirely new model is going to be a really big change for me.
>>
>>54362750
Isn't the spectrum the only one they offer now? I'm pretty sure they replaced the old g502 with it.
>>
>>54362750
Can you bind mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down now?
>>
>>54362677

i don't know, i've never had any issues with mine
>>
>>54362571
NO
>>
>>54362571
It's a meme and I fell for it. It has one of the best sensors and the mouse wheel has 2 settings: freewheel or traditional scroll. The weights are nice too
>>
>>54362571
I just bought a Logitech G303 and I'm completely in love with it. The light weight, perfectly smooth glide and hyper accurate sensor makes me forget it's even in my hand.
>>
I bought it, hated it, and sent it back. That thumb button is really irritating and it looks like it was designed by a retarded 13 year old.

I ended up getting a G500S instead, which has this horrible high pitched noise all the time, and this other weird noise whenever I move it. All I wanted was another G500, but I got this shit instead.

I don't even game that much, but I like lots of buttons, specifically back and forward, and I use the horizontal scrolling a lot. It is hard to find those on regular mice.
>>
whats a good MMO mouse that has a ludicrous amount of buttons? pls no bully it just looks like it'd make everything easier if all my skill bar was on my mouse.
>>
Get the MX unless you want buttons.
I have the 502, it's a good mouse, but if you have small hands you won't like it. The thumb rest is really nice for me. I have large hands and I used to get like carpet burn from my thumb being on the mousepad.
Buttons are all positioned well, scroll wheel is fine, and the inf scroll is good for long webpages and stuff.
>>
File: logitech_mx518.jpg (62 KB, 635x587) Image search: [Google]
logitech_mx518.jpg
62 KB, 635x587
I still have my MX 518.

Well worth learning how to pull it apart and maintain it. This mouse is older than my kid (8 years) and still works flawlessly.
>>
>>54367825
I love my MX 518. I took mine apart a couple months ago and gave it a good cleaning. It's wearing down, and a lot of the surfaces have visible wear, but, damn if it's not the most comfy mouse I've ever owned.

This is my second one - first one died 4 years in.
>>
>>54362641
I have a g502 and I love it. The scroll wheel is actually pretty awesome.
>>
>>54367919
The braided cord is a pain in the ass. That's the only flaw it has
>>
I've got one and left button stopped working properly (double clicks everywhere) in less than a year. I had to open it and fix the spring. Other than that I like it.
>>
>>54362571

Get a fucking 5 bucks microsoft mouse.

I've seen enough pros use them either at work or gaming to stop caring for l33t shit tailored to kids.

Bought one. Definitely one of the best cheap purchases ever made.
>>
>>54367979
>>54367979

Have one at work.

They *do* perform the job, yes...

But don't ever compare it to a Logitech MX...
>>
>>54362777
It's not missing the thumb buttons, there's a back and forward button to the right of the blue lights. The lighting makes them look like the shiny black grooves.

I used the mx510 and the g400 before the g402, and while it looks quite different, it feels very similar in your hand and works exactly how you'd hope it would if you've used the previous generations.
>>
>>54368026

Oh, the marketing works...
>>
>>54368026
>>54368026

Microsoft $5 Mouse = Toyota Camry. Reliable, cheap, does the job.

Logitech MX xxx = BMW 5 Series.
Nice, a little pricier, lasts longer and infinitely more comfortable.

Razer = Bugatti Veyron
Over-priced shit stain that whilst does have high performance, almost nobody needs it and all it does is look good.
>>
>>54368049
>>54368049

Clearly you've never used one, or the only thing you do is surf the net.

Using a good mouse for graphic design can be a major comfort thing.
>>
File: 41O17f0BfDL._SY300_.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
41O17f0BfDL._SY300_.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>54362571
G5 if you can find one. I have the silver rust one with one thumb button and recently bought a used blue one pictured with two thumb buttons on ebay for $40. New in package are $200+ which attests to how good it is. Weight tray, dpi setting buttons, two thumb button, wheel with side scroll. Good ergonomic design. If you can find one absolutely buy it. I've had my silver rust one for 10 years. It had gotten me through every day use, programming, mmo, shooters. Best mouse I've ever owned hands down.
>>
>>54368084

lel

thats why graphic designers use cheap microsoft mouses
>>
File: logitech-gaming-mice-g300s.png (42 KB, 521x342) Image search: [Google]
logitech-gaming-mice-g300s.png
42 KB, 521x342
>>54362571
I own a g300s. I bought it the other day after my four year old g300's cable frayed. I would recommend it, for sure.
I'm not sure of the difference between g300s and your g502, but I can tell you that it's $50 cheaper and it feels fine.
>>
>>54362571

Best mouse I have ever owned, I will never use a mouse that doesn't have a scroll wheel like this ever again
>>
File: holy christ furfags.jpg (117 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
holy christ furfags.jpg
117 KB, 800x564
>>54362571
/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.