[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't they made "opposite microwave ovens",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Microwave.jpg (424 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Microwave.jpg
424 KB, 3000x2000
Why haven't they made "opposite microwave ovens", devices that very quickly cool something down?
>>
they have
but there is no way to make them retard safe
>>
>>54353865
Great idea, OP. I'll make the logo.
>>
>>54353865
Why haven't they made cars that have 5 reverse gears?
>>
>>54353865
Why haven't they made dogs that are cats?
>>
>>54353883
you can convert any microwave into a reverse one by getting 3 mirrors and putting them on the left, front, and bottom that way anything coming from the other direction is reversed.
>>
>>54353865
just asked my chemist roommate, he says that lazers could be used to cool things down quickly but its not good for the consumer space

>>54353883
is this what you were talking about, some lazer shit or something else?
>>
>>54353962
I hace heard about the laser thing. That is probably the closest thing to OP's reverse microwave.
>>
>>54353865
Uhh. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze-drying
>>
Flash freezing has existed for a long time in industrial use.
Its main application is that it prevents ice crystals from forming inside of muscle that would dry out meat, causing that distinct freezerburn.
>>
>>54353865
Just turn the microwave upside down! It will cool things down. Be warned though, frost can damage the oven.
>>
>>54353865
>doesn't understand how microwaves work
>never heard of the Peltier effect
>never heard of TECs
>>
>>54354090
if this is true then how do microwaves work in australia
>>
>>54354146
They put the magnetron upside down to begin with.
>>
>>54354133
None of which statements are true
>>
>>54354163
what happens if you put it on its side
>>
>>54354240
heat builds up inside the magnetron, if the oven has good ventillation than it might not cause any damage. No or minor heat up inside the oven.
>>
>>54353865
Look up blast freezers and liquid nitrogen.
>>
>>54353865
Just flip the plug to change poles
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.