[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a hero! Hey guys. My phone (Samsung Galaxy s6) connects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1459832695872.jpg (126 KB, 866x1300) Image search: [Google]
1459832695872.jpg
126 KB, 866x1300
Looking for a hero!
Hey guys. My phone (Samsung Galaxy s6) connects to a corporate network through a temporary weekly "vendor" password. This week I keep getting an error message on my phone that says "AP currently not in use, internet connection slow "

I found a method online (w my data connection) that said to change to a static and enter my phones ip manually. It claims I'm connected after all that but i can't access internet still.
Can anyone please help me figure this out?
>>
>>54350188
Ask your corporate's IT department.
Not /g/
>>
Plus I'd rather go back to the DHCP connection method and not get myself into any trouble here if that's possible. I read about a "tell your phone to avoid slow connections" area but my sgs6 doesn't seem to have that option
:(
any ideas?
>>
>>54350240
I would but they are gone, so I was trying to next best thing i could think of.
Also, not a corp asshole, just a lowly security guard
>>
>>54350188
>>54350240
Alright fine. Static isn't going to work because it would have to be manually configured. On the server side.

Let's start from Square 1...
Have you tried turning your WiFi off and then back on again?
>>
>>54350334
Thank you! Yes I have tried and it eventually just leads me back to the AP message. I also should note I cannot access the modem inside the building.
>>
>>54350430
But on my phone, i did. Quite a few times.
>>
>>54350334
Still with me?
>>
>>54350430
Go into WiFi and Forget the network connection. Then reconnect.

If that doesnt work try rebooting your phone. If that doesn't fix it then that means it's server side and you won't be able to do anything until corporate restarts their router. (Most likely due to a faulty startup of their internet).
>>
>>54350695
Pretty much did all that stuff already and it's still not workin
:(
Thank you for your input on the matter though.
>>
I don't really understand though.
With the IP method, it's telling me I am connected. Yet it won't connect to anything when i click on something.
If it claims its connected i mean, isn't it?
>>
>>54350188
Galaxy has a smart network switch. Try playing with that. Settings>wifi>advanced (upper right corner)
>>
>touchwizz
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.