[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ubuntu Gnome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ubuntu gnome.png (13 KB, 327x327) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu gnome.png
13 KB, 327x327
I'm wondering if anyone's having broken package issues after the installation of Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS. This shit is getting out of hand. After THREE clean installations, whenever I wanted to try to install apps (both canonical and not), I had errors saying like "you have held broken packages". -f install doesn't work. When you google the issue, none of the solutions that are offered seem to work. What to do about it? I've came to /g/ to not only request help, but also to make anyone who's responsible realize the situation.
>>
>>/stackexchange/

>but also to make anyone who's responsible realize the situation.
you lying fuck

if you're to create a lazy thread, don't list bullshit reasons to justify yourself. just own it or post it in the containment thread (sqt).
>>
>>54349798
WTF, call your butthole lazy, you fatshit.
I've searched the whole internet to make the shit work. opening a thread in here was the very last option.
>>
>>54349349
i dont seem to have any problems with broken packages.
i installed synaptic package manager from the software store and it noticed that some packages were broken. clicking "okay" seemed to fix it.
>>
>>54349349
you should return it and get your money back
>>
>>54349349
Go back to 14.04 and wait for 16.04.1
>>
Mine went pretty much fine. Clean installed on two computers last week.
>>
>>54350063
>searched the whole internet
>the very last option

You checked every router and switch, every darknet node, and even every hosting service in existence. If it's not there, maybe some /g/entooman might know how to unhold packages with apt!

Seriously, stop being an idiot, and know the different between the Web and the Internet. You ignorant children make me worried about the future.
>>
Bad install media? Check your ISO checksum and burn logs (if applicable). If that's fine, check if your drive is going bad. I assume you already tried changing package hold status.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.