[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>doesn't binge on readily accessible nootropics to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8
File: NoopeptFB.jpg (46 KB, 639x288) Image search: [Google]
NoopeptFB.jpg
46 KB, 639x288
>doesn't binge on readily accessible nootropics to be able to read through boring documentation and code all day

Why aren't we taking advantage at the fact that we're living in a cyberpunk future today?

What's your late night coding stack, /g/?
>>
I'm not taking drugs unless it's strictly necessary for my own health
>>
>>54347542
First post of the thread is the best one as usual.
>>
I was doing caffeine + theanine for about a year. It's great at first, especially for motivation, but eventually led to me be irritable a lot. I also got into a car accident that I think might not have happened otherwise (it wasn't serious).

Anyway I think it's good for occasional use but I wouldn't go back to hitting it daily. I find just exercise, good nutrition, and plenty of sleep are better, but i have a hard time sticking to even one of those 3.
>>
File: happy_jew.png (91 KB, 400x428) Image search: [Google]
happy_jew.png
91 KB, 400x428
>Russian pills
My nigga
>>
>>54347606
Do you honestly think that your car accident was caused by caffeine and l-theanine? This is such a harmless combination that if you feel that this combination might have you cognitively impaired, then you might have late stage brain cancer/dementia/retardation.

Avoid tea while you're at it, heaven forbid you go on a mass shooting spree if you mistake your decaf for green tea.

Pathetic.

>>54347542
Nootropics are actually considered to be a safe to consume dietary supplement that should be included in the household in Russia. Are you wondering why Russia is winning the cold war 2.0? It's because they can walk into any pharmacy and increase their IQ by a mere OTC drug like Semax or Noopept.
>>
>let more people know about specific gray markets
>more popular
>media attention
>new regulations passed
Why ruin a good thing?
>>
>>54347474
What is that shit? Is that the one for memory and alertness?
>>
File: 1348445995356.gif (290 KB, 320x450) Image search: [Google]
1348445995356.gif
290 KB, 320x450
>>54347474
What are some recommended nootropics? Preferably something easy to get in Canada. What can I expect when taking them?
>>
>>54347750
What regulations are you talking about? As far as I know the stupid bill that was trying to get itself passed in Bongistan failed to get through.

>>54347786
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noopept
>>
>>54347474
Enjoy your cancer at 30.
>>
>>54347723
I'm going to take the concerned grandma approach and not take it though. I want medication when I'm at pain or risk of death, otherwise I'd rather try to live with what I have rather than take the easy way out.
>>
Reminder that /g/ is a consumerist board and op is a shill
>>
Noopept is stupid. There's much better stacks out there that don't harm your brain elasticity.
>>
>>54347807
The most commonly recommended nootropics to people who have never tried them before are usually along the lines of a choline base (alpha GPC or choline CPC), a racetam (piracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, are mostly referenced to newcomers), and a stimulant (caffeine, bromantane, phenibut, etc.)

Ceretropic, powdercity, and nootropicsdepot are some reputable places that do third party testing (ceretropic/ND has their own lab set up to test their powders) and offer some novel noots at a competitive price.

>>54347812
>not knowing that nootropics have been around for 60+ years now

ok gramps
>>
>>54347723
I think the theanine did, yes. I firmly believe that theanine impairs motor skills to a small degree. The impulsive nature and irritability of the combo led to this accident. I don't find this combo good for multitasking at all, but amazing for single task focus when you don't have distractions.
>>
>>54347894
u w0t m8, noopept's entire MOA is growing BDNF and promoting brain plasticity, moron.
>>
Here's a better and safer way to become "smarter".

>stop all caffeine intake
>go to bed early and try to get 7-8 hours of sleep
>stop eating junk food every day
>eat more fruit and veggies every day
>eat enough protein each day (60-80 grams)
>lose weight
>exercise 2-3 times a week
>avoid drinking soda with meals, instead just drink plain water
>drink 1 glass of water before and after a meal
Do all this and you are guaranteed to feel like a million bucks each day and have improved cognitive function and better memory recall.
>>
>>54347993
Or you could take noopept. Better yet, do what you said and take noopept.
>>
>>54347934
If l-theanine caused motor skill impairment to the degree that it would cause a car accident (which imo doesn't sound like a "small degree"), then everyone would be crashing their cars in the morning after their morning caffeine rituals. I honestly think that you might have a latent anxiety problem that might have been exacerbated by the amount of caffeine you took, which in turn made you hyperactive.

Sounds to me that you're the type that'll get powdered caffeine regulated in the U.S. by taking a dose over 100mg+ and crying wolf at the chemical. Not the chemical's fault that you're an idiot.
>>
>>54347993
You should honestly be doing this in conjunction to taking nootropics. Anyone who is active in the QS scene already monitors their health. Adding things like piracetam to the fray is just asking for an extra edge on top of the care that you're putting to your body.

https://www.gwern.net/Nootropics
>>
>>54347808
The wikipedia article explains absolutely nothing

>Noopept has a similar effect to Piracetam, in that it provides a mild cognitive boost after supplementation. Noopept also provides a subtle psychostimulatory effect.
https://examine.com/supplements/noopept/
That wasn't so hard. Why can't Wikipedia just say that
>>
>>54347993
100% agreed that this should be your baseline. Taking nootropics while not being rested, getting proper nutrients, and not being physically fit is just polishing a turd

but that's not to say that there aren't real benefits to nootropics
>>
>>54348016
>>54348059
>taking placebos
Why not just eat jelly beana instead every day. They taste good, not as expensive, and act as placebos as well!

The only real nootropics that are not placebos are dangerous to your health (ie AMP).
>>
>>54348141
real nootropics are dangerous. Yes amphetamines will let you become super focused on studying for ours on end without getting tired but they can cause permanent damage to your body and even kill you if you fuck the dosage just once.
>>
>>54348196
>nootropics
>placebo
If you want a crack-like rush that you get from adderall that your high school pusher got you to get through the SATs then nootropics aren't for you, dingus.
>>
File: 1461623366291.jpg (10 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
1461623366291.jpg
10 KB, 277x182
>>54347911
Thanks for the info, I'll look into them and do some more research but this is a good start!
>>
>>54348233
>nootropics are dangerous
>amphetamines

you seem confused, anon
>>
>>54348233
amphetamines are largely neurotoxic if they're abused from their therapeutic dosages, but to say that they'll cause permanent damage to your body is fearmongering. unless you're taking street speed or abusing amphetamine RCs, then you're fine.

also, amphetamines aren't "real nootropics" - real nootropics are supplements that promote good LONGTERM brain health, not quick results.
>>
>>54348196
Noopept isn't a placebo
>>
>>54347474
Noopept 30 mg
Caffeine 100 mg
Alpha cdp 200 mg
Oxiraxetam 750 mg

Works well , noopept is pretty much like nzt from that show limitless, you have to find the right dosage for you tho
>>
File: 1461106743312_mu.jpg (39 KB, 998x720) Image search: [Google]
1461106743312_mu.jpg
39 KB, 998x720
>>54348238
>>54348267
>>54348277
Amphetamines are nootropics you fucking retards. Actually they may be the only real nootropics out there.

>no·o·trop·ic

ˌnōəˈträpik/

adjective

(of a drug) used to enhance memory or other cognitive functions.

noun

a nootropic drug.
>>
>>54348310
o rly?

Do you have a link to clinical trials proving it's not?
>>
>>54347474

I tried moda and it didn't really do much but it did make my urine smell like asparagus
>>
>>54348028
What does theanine have to do with coffee?
>>
File: 1332929557446.jpg (20 KB, 298x374) Image search: [Google]
1332929557446.jpg
20 KB, 298x374
>mfw losers have to take PED's to get by while I barely try and get into medical schools
>>
>>54347993
>>avoid drinking soda with meals, instead just drink plain water
Explain this.
>>
File: B2zqhCxCEAAu8-v.jpg (78 KB, 1024x429) Image search: [Google]
B2zqhCxCEAAu8-v.jpg
78 KB, 1024x429
>>54348329
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22884611

Adderall is as much of a nootropic, as Zoloft is a nootropic. They're psychiatric drugs that don't have longterm benefits.
>>
>>54348439
Tons of added sugar with no other nutritional content to speak of.
>>
>>54347474
>placebo
>the thread
>>
>>54347474
1. Most of that shit is placebo. I tried a shitton of piracetam and it did nothing.
2. Only thing that actually works (e.g. Modafinil) generally has some negative effects too.

Also >>54347993
>>
>>54348379
Nothing. Where did it say coffee in that post?
>>
>>54348501

I did some exams on moda and I totally fucked them up, it made me so focussed on a single question that I spent half the exam on it and then ran out of time
>>
>>54348414
>gets into medical school
>successfully passes all courses and graduates
>does residency; completes residency
>is seriously in debt
>works 20 years in clinic with niggers and aids patients
>starts making money after
>too old to really enjoy life; youth has gone by

yeah, no thanks i will stick to law.
>>
everyone ITT crying placebo wants miracles performed in pill form.

piracetam isn't going to give you a speed rush epiphany, it's effects are in the background, you might notice a small boost in concentration or recall, but that's it. although fasoracetam to me, was as good as vyvanse without the shitty comedown.
>>
>>54347474
>coding
>>>/v/
>>
>>54348445
That chart lmao
>>
>>54348568
>current year
>programming != coding
haha i get it because programming/coding vernacular aren't interchangeable
>>
>>54348439
Soda quickly dehydrates you because of the high sugar, salt, caffeine, and corn syrup content. All of these things also fuck with your insulin level and change mood. When you drink plain water you don't get these effects thereby keeping you hydrated and your mood stable.

Don't take my word for it, try it for a week and see results. It turns out human beings were not designed to consume a cocktail of sugary & salty beverages laced with corn syrup & caffeine with their meals.
>>
>>54348581
no you see it's funny because actual programmers who get paid money to code use the words interchangeably, but autists on 4chan think that one is improper

ha ha ha
>>
>>54348509
Caffeine then, what does it have to do with theanine?
>>
>>54348582
Yeah maybe those with bodies that have the resilience of bedridden aids patients
>>
vaping + energy drinks
>>
>>54347993
>>54348233
this

>>54348637
kek
>>
I dont know if its considered an actual nootropic but ive read pure nicotine has positive effects on cognition, thoughts about it?
>>
>>54347474
Because I'm allergic to placebo.
>>
So is this russian shit just a meme?

I know ritalin improves concentration, but stuff like this just sounds like homeopathy territory.
>>
>>54348476
How is that related to ill-health (in terms of cognitive function). Most of what you eat is converted into sugar anyway, although through different pathways which affect the net amount of energy you gain.
>>
>>54347542
What qualifies as 'strictly'?

I take concerta every day for ADHD.

I have more control over my life than I've ever had.
>>
>>54348747
>most of what you eat is converted into sugar
It isn't.
Anyway, if you eat food with high calory content in the form of sugar and with little nutrition, you'll effectively be underfed and feel the need to eat more, resulting in caloric excess, aka fattiness. Also you'll get energy spikes and then feel sleepy afterwards. I don't know about cognition, but frankly diabetes sounds bad enough.
>>
>>54348615
Caffeine and theanine are already found in tea. People drink tea in the morning to wake up. Most people have cars.

I don't understand your questions.
>>
>>54348899
Your point is lacking then. Someone said they took theanine and this caused a car crash by motor impairment. You said if that happened then people would be crashing their cars (since a lot of people drink tea), yet do you know what the dosage for observed side-effects or recommended daily dosage on theanine is? And its concentration in tea, so we can find out if the amounts present in a cup of tea are even relevant? You can find anything in tea, from arsenic to plutonium, just at absurdly low concentrations, saying "it's found in tea" means nothing.
Not trying to be a dick or anything, but you dismissed his claim fairly quickly, so it's only fair to ask this.
>>
Placebo
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (46 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
46 KB, 250x250
>>54347474
>2016
>still being an underage who equates cyber punk with electronic trips, psych-drugs and somas
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>54347993

But what if you do all that AND take Noopept? It's like you don't want to maximize your chances at success.
>>
>>54352574
You'll be healthy and take placebos. It would make more sense and be more fun to pretend that candy gave you magical mind enhancing powers. They would act as placebos just like nootropics and improve your mood all the same.
>>
where did the meme that noots are placebo come from? anyone saying that hasnt gone to longecity.
>>
>>54353904
Because some people actually tried them (like me). It turns out only amp is a real nootropic, everything else is just a placebo. I don't do amp anymore though and would recommend never touching this real nootropic.
>>
>>54353904
It's literally one person thats pushing his meme agenda. I wish he would use a trip so we can more easily tell and just filter him
>>
>>54353904
But they literally are. Show me clinical trials on nootropics having positive memory enhancing/cognitive function affects on people beside aderall.
>>
>>54347993
I would agree with you, but that requires some willpower in the first place. People never seem to account for that.
>>
>>54347474
Haha, would not go too well with my antidepressants...
>>
What's something/some combo legally available that I can buy on Amazon that is similar to Adderall? I like to tweak.
>>
Also interested.
>>
>>54354203
Oops
>>54354610
>>
>>54354203
>>54354610
>take test to be ADD
>MD prescribes me with Adderall XR every 3 months for free (writes ahead of time)
>with good insurance only pay 10 bucks at a time
Feels good man. I share some with my friend at work and we both zoom through paperwork like it's nothing.
>>
>>54347606
>caffeine + theanine
So you drank green tea?
>>
does meditation help with attention if you do it daily?

>>54348321
can I get that in Europe? except caffeine ofc.
>>
>>54353975
http://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/modulation-effects-of-piracetam-and-ginkgo-biloba-on-the-cognitive-and-working-memory-functions-psychometric-study-2155-9562-5-1000234.php?aid=30982

was that so difficult?
>inb4 still placebo
>>
>>54358502
>Iranian paper

Lol next you'll cite from China or India?
>>
So what should I get?.
Noopept? Modafinil? Caffeine? Something else?
>>
>>54358590
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ddr.430020506/abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/826948
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12006732
http://examine.com/supplements/Piracetam/

Take your pick, this is just piracetam/oxiracetam. A pretty basic nootropic when compared to some of the newer noots that are out on the market.

>>54358678
>So what should I get?.
Cerebrolysin.
>>
https://mega.nz/#F!1ZAWgKgB!WBxGOE_W5RF0d_nd3MU-_w

Here's a folder of SEMAX studies if anyone's interested. I've been taking Semax intranasally for the past couple of months. It's better than coffee.
>>
>>54358678
Armodafinil is very based and cheap my friend
>>
>>54347474
I love how mods delete "post your face" /soc/ shit, yet they let these fucking degenerate druggy threads go until bump limit.

I fucking hate this board.
>>
>>54347474
enjoy your placebo
>>
>>54359279
>muh degeneracy
Please define that word, friend.
>>
>>54360290
It means off topic
>>
>>54348899
only green tea has appreciable levels of l-theanine
>>
>>54347606
>caffeine + theanine
>causing a car accident

You're just a shit driver mate
>>
>>54360399
but nootropics and brain hacking have always been tech/cyberpunk related.
>>
>>54360290
it means anything I disagree with
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.