[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: fp_wiring-jpg[1].44147_.jpg (32 KB, 478x277) Image search: [Google]
fp_wiring-jpg[1].44147_.jpg
32 KB, 478x277
Why is is so hard for the case manufacturers to mark these properly?

>wrong cable colors
>wrong orientation arrows
>half the cables have their label on bottom, half on top when connected properly

Am I just buying wrong cases or what? Also I never bought one that had them joined into one big connector so you dont have to think about it at all. Only saw those posted here on 100€+ cases.

When I encounter it being wrongly marked or with all cable colors black so you cant tell by those I just connect pwr and reset randomly since the orientation doesnt matter anyways on those and dont connect the stupid leds (too bright anyways most of the time)

Why is this thing stuck in the 80s ?
>>
File: faggot.jpg (69 KB, 711x799) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
69 KB, 711x799
>>54340076
>>
I find it frustrating that we still have to deal with these shitty little things.
>>
>>54340076

I find it annoying too.... I always swap the LEDs too.. I must be autistic...
>>
>>54340076
Reset SW - Don't Need
Reset LED - Don't Need
Power LED - Don't Need
HDD LED - Don't Need

That should narrow it down on how to plug them in OP
>>
>>54340102
Yep. The way they are always so loose when they're on the pins trigger my autism. This is one part of the motherboard that really needs a better connection.
>>
>>54340076
IIRC you can buy a sort of adapter-esque brick to slot them all into, saves you a little bit of time. Personally I've always bought coolermaster cases as they look pretty plain while still being practical and cheap. All their case connectors are of the fustercluck variety.
>>
>>54340102
At least it's not Molex/AMP.
>>
File: block-asus.jpg (51 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
block-asus.jpg
51 KB, 600x387
>>54340231
Yeah my mobo came with one of these. Helps a bit.
>>
>>54340189

I dont plug em in either lol.. besides the power and reset.
>>
>>54340076

its not that hard, its a 2 minute job
>>
>>54340285

2 minutes? To plug in 5 plugs? I'm sorry anon I have some bad news...
>>
>>54340335

you open the manual or just look at the label and just connect them, Ive done it maybe a hundred times, It takes a few minutes.
>>
Isn't there a standard for this? Like q-connectors or something? Why hasn't this been standardised for con/pro-sumer. All cases have the same function, power led/hd/reset/power. It's 2016 for fucks sake
>>
>>54340076
>Why is is so hard for the case manufacturers to mark these properly?
They do, what shitty cheap china cases are you using?
>>
>>54340394
Zalman, Coolermaster...the cheap ones 25 - 40€
>>
>>54340411
Yet get what you pay for.
>>
>>54340416
I dont thinks its that hard to mark them correctly and in compliance with the standardized cable colors.

When the arrow says it should go upwards, the cable color standards say it should go downwards and the label when connected upwards is at the bottom while others are labeled at the top there is no way you can tell which position is right.
>>
>>54340416
This. If you can't be bothered to look at a fucking diagram spend an extra $50 on a different case. This isn't difficult.
>>
>>54340446
You don't use 'arrows' to orient front panel cables, ever.

The colored cable is positive thiw white cable is ground.
The motherboard will have a + symbol on the positive side for the connector or the silkscreen rectangle will be printed slightly thicker/bolder next to the positive pin.

There is no 'arrow'.
There is of course complete incompetence, something you posses and thus why you should probably just pay extra for a case that is marked out for plebs.
Probably even better for you just to buy a prebuilt, since your aptitude for building computers is clearly very low.

>bbbbutututut no one ever taught me this
No one taught me either, yet I still know.
>>
File: 05-header-connectors[1].jpg (76 KB, 602x324) Image search: [Google]
05-header-connectors[1].jpg
76 KB, 602x324
>>54340102
>>
>>54340518
> The colored cable is positive thiw white cable is ground.
This.
I mean, do people on /g/ really not know this?
>>
just plug the fucking power buttong and forget about everything else.

how the fuck still uses hard drive leds
>>
>>54340076
Because not all motherboards comply with ATX designs.
>>
>>54340076
You seem rather hung up on color and orientation.This offends me.
>>
>>54340076
Because first world problems - care level: 0
>>
>>54340531
What purpose does the ome on the left actually serve?
>>
>>54341855
I would imagine sometimes you don't need to actually power a usb device to use it.
You can use USB for a multitude of things without it being connected to anything.
So using isolated USB pins isn't a new thing.
>>
>>54340076
i literally learnt this shit backwards when i was building pc's in single digits its just like lego ffs how is this even hard for /g/?

Bunch of normies the lot of you.

Serves you right for buying shit quality cases, Antec and silverstone back in the day where amazing.
>>
>>54340076
just follow the damn manual and stop crying like a little bitch you redditor
>>
>>54340076
Why do you even need leds and a reset button? What are you, a 90 yo grandma?
>>
>>54340266
I know Asus gives them out with every motherboard. Are there any others that do it?
>>
>>54340266
My gigabyte did
>>
>>54342584
my MSI mobo too came with this shit
>>
some boards come with all of them laid out nicely

I put a asrock g41-cs into a old prebuilt HP case and the front panel cable just werked, I didn't have to mess with individual connectors
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.