[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did this happen /g/? pc randomly turned off and this thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (863 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
863 KB, 3264x2448
why did this happen /g/? pc randomly turned off and this thing got super hot and i noticed that the outlet is burned and the cable is damaged ;-;

is my pc damaged or should i just get a replacement cable
>>
were you watching anime

you shouldn't watch anime
>>
no i wasnt

what could cause this... and is my pc damaged?
>>
UK plug is shit that's why

Inspect PC, mainly power supply and motherboard

If nothing looks suspicious plug it in with another cable and see if it boots
>>
>>54337156
how could i avoid this in the future? didnt fix yet but my pcs insides look fine
>>
>>54337305

Move to America
>>
File: 1461408542545.jpg (94 KB, 842x856) Image search: [Google]
1461408542545.jpg
94 KB, 842x856
>>54337156
>UK plug is shit that's why
I'll think you'll find that the UK plug is literally the safest plug to exist.
>>
>>54337305
Maybe a UPS. It can smooth out the power delivery.
>>
>>54337021
Your powerpoint isn't rated for what you use it for.
>>
UK plugs have the fuse built into the plug rather than a switchboard/fusebox. Looks as though somehow the fuse shorted - your computer should be fine, you just need to replace the fuse/buy a new cable (I'd probably get a new cable just for safety's sake).
>>
DUAL 980ti HOUSEFIRES
>>
>>54337339
This shit again.

The UK plug is not any safer than the Schuko or that international standard thingie Brazil, Swiss and rcently SA uses.
Other plugs can also be designed for fuzes but only the UK needs fuzes because they were literally too poor for copper after the war.
That's why so many homes in the UK have ring circuits and that's why fuzes are needed.

inb4 that youtube video of that asshat britclown who fails to mention that other plugs have the same exact features.
Also there are specialized plugs that are clearly safer.
>>
>>54337355
explain this, how can i change that lmao
>>
File: bestbrit.png (302 KB, 837x459) Image search: [Google]
bestbrit.png
302 KB, 837x459
This is the best Britplug btw
>>
>>54337400
plug less stuff into it
>>
>>54337406
>playing a jigsaw puzzle every time you plug in the kettle
fucking brits
>>
>>54337423
>a key is a jigsaw puzzle
a key isnt supposed to be so difficult anybody considers it a puzzle
>>
>>54337021
Looks like a blown fuse.
>>
>>54337413
that could be it? because in the outlet next to the one that melted i have my monitors/router powering

my pc isnt that powerful but ill use a different outlet(other side of my room) for my pc then ;-;
>>
File: image.jpg (901 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
901 KB, 3264x2448
>>54337444
better pic
>>
>>54337455
Are you retarded? Read >>54337363
Don't they still teach replacing the fuse in school
>>
>>54337471
well sorry i never went to school and id have no idea how to replace that thing(it
looks pretty damaged) im sorry and i think we couldve sorted this out without u calling me a retard
>>
>>54337491
Just replace the cable.
That thing looks completely burned out.

Also I'm worried about you if you can't replace a fuze.
>>
>>54337491
>i never went to school
Once you went 15 minutes replying to every answer except the correct one I had a suspicion you were retarded, but you literally never went to school? Just buy a new power cable and stop posting.
>>
>>54337501
okay and what are the chances of something like this happening again? my stepfather got pissed about it and hit me earlier ;-; because the smell is really bad -.-
>>
>>54337512
None as long as there's no short circuit.

Did you damage the cable beforehand?
>>
>>54337512
You must have at least the age of 18 to post on this board.
>>
>>54337021
I thought UK plugs had a fuse in them to prevent shit like this happening.

Fuck either the fuse in the plug or your circuit breaker should have gone. Your house's wiring is suspect as fucking shit.
>>
>>54337534
no i didnt i ordered it on amazon and never touched
>>
P S U
S
U
>>
>>54337562
Did you get some Chinese shit PSU for your PC?
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 800x532
>>54337506
and yes, if i went to school i would know how to replace a fuse?
>>
>>54337638
Considering they teach it in home ec, yes, you would have known what happened and how to fix it if you went to school.

How do you literally just not go to school?
>>
>>54337650
>How do you literally just not go to school?
This, especially in the UK?
>>
>>54337664
I hope for the PSU and everything in your PC is still good.
That was likely a faulty cable.

Did the fuse blow the moment you turned on your PC?
>>
>>54337664
I seriously hope you arent OP otherwise we're going to start having problems here.
>>
>>54337650
well my parents got bullied in school so they suggested me to be homeschooled and so i did for a few years and didnt really do anything afterwards
>>
How old are you?
>>
>>54337683
no i was playing gta v and was excited because of the gtr i was driving and my pc just turned off .-. then i tried to turn it back on and it didnt work.. i touched the cable and it was super hot i kinda burned myself :c then i plugged it out
>>
>>54337696
im 24
>>
>>54337718
You sound like a low functioning autist.
>>
>>54337664
>2 titans
>gta 5
Top kek

Nice bait man
>>
>>54337727
well no need to insult me online because u feel bad about urself ;_; u know im not bothering u and if u were normally functioning urself u could just ignore me and go on with ur life but instead u need to insult me like an asshole :c
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 900x1200
>>54337739
hmm? i have two titan x sli's and i just really play gta v and some other stuff on steam :.: not really into games much but u can add me on steam if u want to
>>
>>54337743
Ever held a job?
What kind of social contacts do you have?
How many times per month do you speak with your therapist?
>>
>>54337793
no i dont need a job : D my family is well off and i have some friends that i talk to on steam.. i dont go to a therapist - my parents were like me too and they know there is nothing wrong with me and im just different than other people out there
>>
>>54337776
The OP didn't resize his two images. You're a phony.
>>
>>54337816
care to post steam profile page?
>>
File: kek.jpg (15 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
15 KB, 292x257
Fuses in cables
>>
>>54337463
Yep replace the fuse
>>
>>54337021
if pc still run, all good anon, just get new cables.
If pc dont want to turn on, you power supply dead, yet its can be options, if you hear some ticking sound after you tap start buttob on your pc, you can repair it by yourself, (if you have some basic knowledge in elecronic), if no dont even try. if you dont gear any sound from the power supply (yes its brety much dead, YET its can be repared, with some knowledge, and passion). if you dont have knowledge or passion, simple go and byu another power supply for your pc. If nes power source for your pc wont help, your morherboard fuckd. What you can do, almost nothing. First of all you need to check if it has burning smell, if no, you doomed)? and need new motherboard. If you smell something weird. or if you hard ass motherfucker, yet you can repair motherboard by tour own, first of all you need to check south bridge on motherboard (google it). if you see burned elements simply find them and repair (also google, gow to do that). if you noticed burning elements, its realy possible for you to repair.
Protip, dont even try, its hard and long peocess. Simply buy another power supply)
Sorry for my language, im not native
>>
>>54337316

Immigration policies (designed to keep out hispanics) prevent this. So europeans must stay in Europe :/
>>
>>54337816
Add me on steam Leeroy Jergens
>>
>>54337021
>>54337095
>bongs brag about their super special outlets with switches
>plug special bongistanian plug into outlet
>everything breaks
Have fun buying some expensive outlets, faggot.
>>
>>54337406
Until brits decide that plug can be used as a weapon and start raiding homes to confiscate them.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.