[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Programming in C
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_n0cvnkmEl31qgvxcno1_500.gif (149 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0cvnkmEl31qgvxcno1_500.gif
149 KB, 500x486
Why the fuck all of you fags don't program in C more often? Why many of you hate so bad the C lang? It is because is so hard to understand memory in general pointers,mem layout ?
I first hated to program in C in the first case, one time I sweared to myself I will never touch the C lang but when I taked a second spin, slowly incrementing the process of learning I succeeded and slowly appreciated more the language
I think it's quite a nifty tool to know these days when you need that extra control + performance.
Also learning to build the algo you are tought and understand more about the internals of other high level languages (e.g python,c#,php,javascript)
>>
>>54319916
All the fun libraries are in c++ and they never export c API.
Also preprocessor macros suck. Lisp is much better.
>>
File: 1459486672633.jpg (697 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1459486672633.jpg
697 KB, 1600x900
i prefer this
>>
>>54319972
>> Also preprocessor macro suck.

Very good argument but also in c you have "INLINE FUNCTIONS" so stop bitching about preprocesor things because if you don't understand them enough dosen't mean they suck.
>>
I don't hate C, I just love other languages more.

Nothin' personnel, kid.
>>
>>54319916
It's not bad, just too barebones compared to more modern languages. I just don't think reimplementing <data structure> or <algorithm> for the millionth time is productive use of my time, especially if the premade solution in Java/Python/whatever is fast enough for my needs.
>>
4chan is 18+
>>
Why haven't jew moved on to Rust yet
>>
>>54319916
I use Rust. It's competitive with C in terms of performance (see BenchmarksGame comparison), but far safer, and it can interface with C pretty transparently. You can be a lot more expressive without introducing much or any overhead.
>>
>>54319916
and waste my time on data structures? hahaha, I don't want to lose my sanity.
>>
main(){
puts("hello world");
}

haw goot amI?
>>
>>54319916
Ancient C dinosaur here. It's just not nessecary anymore unless you're doing code that needs to go extremely fast. It's unsafe as fuck, and pointers will fuck you in the ass.
>>
>>54321594
Pajeet level
>>
>>54319916
I program in C for my semester project since I'm writing a runtime library for my compiler.
At home I use Haskell and C for fun. But at work it's C#.
>>
>>54319916
It's old. And there is better stuff out there.
>>
any idea how to avoid system("mycall") to print shit into the terminal?
>>
>>54322397
exelp, execv , search this functions and also fork() before using this functions.
>>
>>54319916
If I'm not making something that will max out a processor I'll do it in C#. The extra performance doesn't matter when shit gets done in less than a second anyways.
>>
>>54322397
>Bash "programmer" writes a C program
I hope to fuck you don't mean system("echo shit");.
>>
>>54323753
more shiet.out | ./a.out
>>
>>54321594
Shouldn't you use
int main()
? Or does the C compiler just assume a return type of int?
>>
>>54319995
>>XE6
>>Not jumping on the 10.1 Berlin hype.
>>
>C
>Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>Extra hours/days/weeks of GNU Debugger
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.