[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it all go wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: ss+(2016-04-30+at+11.22.43).png (3 KB, 164x44) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-30+at+11.22.43).png
3 KB, 164x44
Where did it all go wrong
>>
>>54316843
they didnt build upon chromium and fixed its issues.
all they did is made a new ui based on node js which is fairly buggy and slow.
they could have made something good but choose the wrong direction.
>>
>>54316843
in the beginning
>>
>>54316843
i use it now on my thinkpad tablets
runs pretty well
wtf are you even complaining about lol
>>
>>54316945
>using server-side shit to make a UI

what
>>
>>54316843
chromium
>>
>>54316843
right here:
>One of the things that makes Vivaldi unique is that it is built on modern web technologies. We use JavaScript and React to create the user interface with the help of Node.js and a long list of NPM modules. Vivaldi is the web built with the web.
>>
>>54316843
> browser
> closed source
> We use JavaScript and React to create the user interface with the help of Node.js and a long list of NPM modules. Vivaldi is the web built with the web.
>>
Oh the hate for Vivaldi... And in the meantime it gets more and more features while Firefox is losing more and more :)

Bashing Vivaldi is the Firefox fanboy's only argument, otherwise they would have to admit that Mozilla turns the browser more and more in an almost Chrome clone.

How pathetic!
>>
>>54318455
>he thinks faggot startups can't possibly be this retarded
think again nigger
>>
Perhaps adding features with a bundled app is not the most sophisticated variant to do that, but how about Cyberfox? It does the same if you pick the choice to have CTR bundled with it.

Of course that is great then as Cyberfox is Open Source, even if they do more or less the same shit.

Freetard Open Source fags!
>>
>>54321296
Well done, Pajeet! 0.00 USD (500 million rupees) were added to your bank account.
>>
>>54316843
by using chromium or blink. should have started from scratch. or reverse engineered presto.
>>
>>54321428
Blink is right now the most advanced engine, so it makes sense to use it.

The only thing they should have done is using Electron like Brave project, as Brave is lightning fast and they only use the Chromium rendering engine.
>>
>>54316843
node closed sauce browser, even making a blip on the few remaining (probably a few notches above the average fb user tier) fury usser's radar
>>
>>54316843
It was all over before it even begun

A closed source browser targeted at power lusers

Power lusers are objectively the worst computer users.

They know as much (if not less) about computers as normie users but think they are power lusers and therefore fall victim to snake oil vendor and drive any project that are associated with to shit

Avoid
>>
>>54321296
I don't think anyone's denying that Firefox is getting worse but that doesn't mean we can't laugh at Vivaldi in the meantime.
>>
>>54316843
When they launched Brave.
>>
Another chromium based browser.
>>
>>54316843
Node.JS
>>
>>54321296
I use Chrome and Vivaldi is shit
>>
>>54321453
brave can't render for shit though. i dunno what they've done, but it renders worse than even presto opera.
>>
>>54318688
>we think it's a good idea to use nodejs for a browser ui
Literally might as well have written the UI in fucking HTML5.
>>
>>54321296
Firefox isn't turning into a piece of shit. It IS a piece of shit. The newest update just disabled a bunch of addons. Why won't those fuckers at Mozilla understand that the only reason people are using their slow as fuck browser is because of the addons? They ruined any uniqueness they had by turning it into a Chrome lookalike with the Australis theme. And when normal people compare Firefox to Chrome, all they see two browser that looks alike but one feels faster. Guess which one they will choose?
>>
>>54321296
Just because Firefox is turning to shit doesn't mean Vivaldi gets a free pass.
They're both shit in different ways.
>>
>>54324647
>slow as fuck browser
But it isn't.
>>
>install Vivaldi
>looking pretty good
>feels a lot like Opera 12.17
>Try and drag a tab to create new window
>you can't
>you have to right click the tab, go down the drop down menu and select "Move to New Window"
>tfw fell for the Vivaldi meme
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
This is beyond retarded. What the fuck there's no excuse for this goddamn shit.
>>
>>54318455
node.js is just a runtime. Sure it's quite often used serverside but that doesn't mean that it can't be run on desktop.
>>
File: nodejs-2560x1440.png (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
nodejs-2560x1440.png
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>
>>54324647
What addons? What slow? What are you rambling on about? Please give me a list of all the shitty addons you were using and have had disabled.

>slow
You're still using single process Firefox, aren't you? When will you people learn?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.