[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP A RETARD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 837x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 837x617
Please help me out /g/.

I'm a literal retard when it comes to this so try being as basic as possible.

Yesterday I just found an amplifier in my grandpa's basement, the problem is I have no idea how to use it. All I have are my 6 audio in cables which at the other end turn into 1 and goes into my laptop and my speakers with their cables. I have no idea what goes where. Is it even possible to get sound out of this with what I have now? Pic related.

Thanks
>>
>>54310772
give it back jamal
>>
>>54310784
I'm from Europe actually.
>>
Pls
>>
My dear German friend, this is a pro-level amplifier, with balanced inputs. These plugs are called XLR. Not very compatible with unbalanced (RCA) connections of consumer level equipment. You can make or buy adapters, but the result will be low (quiet ) sound. Sell it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>54310873
Can I at least blow up my subwoofer with it? I have this shit right here.
>>
You can plug these on the tape inputs on the right, check it. They are recessed, but i think they fit. Make sure you plug in the input not the output lol
>>
>>54310772
Yes, OP, you are a retard. now cease and desist. Powering your laptops shit-tastic audio isn't what that amp is for.
>>
>>54310937
What is it for then?
>>
It s for public address. Hence the 70V / 100V output.
>>
>>54310772

twist banana plugs onto an aux cable and call it a day
>>
>>54311020
Can I cut the wires from my subwoofer and stuff them there?
>>
>>54311034
If you want to destroy your subwoofer, grab a hammer and smash it, and then smash the amp.

Same results, but you're less likely to die.

Then again, maybe this is natural selection.
>>
UPDATE: I plugged in random cables (including from my speakers) in random places and I can get sound out of it but it's quiet and I can't adjust the volume or anything from the switches on the front side.
>>
>>54311061
Where should I plug my sub in? This is an amp, my sub is passive. It should work.
>>
Now, i'm just a lowly audio tech, but don't you need a mixer to drive those?
We call those port "cannon" (canon), you're gonna get shit quality if you just plug an adaptor in there with nothing in between
>>
>>54311176
So I can go and fuck myself with it?
>>
>>54311196
Check forma a mixer in your gramp's basement.
Literally a metal slabs with knobs
>don't take me too seriously, though
>i'm just the guitarist
>>
>>54310799
give it back ahmed
>>
>>54310910
This is the type of connector you need to plug into speakers

You got speaker wires?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.