[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Untidy Unity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: xenialxerus.jpg (10 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
xenialxerus.jpg
10 KB, 300x200
I gave it a fair and honest go for the past couple days. I really tried to get into it. It really isn't that bad once you get used to it, but the bugs... holy FUCK THE BUGS!! It's mostly the fact that it doesn't update shit in menus unless you logout and log back in. As far as installing shit, it reminds me of WinXP in that regard. However, when shit like your internet connections don't show up in the menu because of this, it's just fucking unbearable. Not to mention the fact that Unity has fewer settings to use than every other DE except for maybe GNOME3. I'd check out Kubuntu if it wasn't purportedly plagued with its own set of UI bugs.

So next time someone whines about what "distro/DE/wig" they should use, it should be anything but Ubuntu/Unity.
Nope. Just fucking nope. I'm done, fuck this shit! I'm going back to Xubuntu!
>inb4 depreciated
No, asshat, that's fucking called stability you tard.
/ranting blog
>>
>>54308216
Xubuntu is pretty unstable as well at the moment. Install latest 14.04 or 15.10 and wait for a 16.04.1.
For instance suspending my laptop causes mouse pointer to disappear on wake up. I have to do ctrl+shift+f1, ctrl+shift+f7 to get it back every single fucking time.
Bug is already reported and unassigned since release, because who the fuck cares right?
>>
>>54308246
Not really an issue for me because I don't suspend, but thanks for the heads up. Anything else you come across I should know?
>>
>>54308246
>>54308271
You know what, I think I'll just skip right to Lubuntu I guess. From the last time I saw it had the shortest list of bugs and this current release was centered on just fixing existing bugs.
>>
>>54308271
Not really, occasional internal error window but that's pretty much it. Otherwise it's good I guess.
I wouldn't really recommend lubuntu, lxde is dead and lxqt is stalled at beta stage for years, but your call.
>>
>>54308487
Well, little late on that but I've been wanting to go back to Lubuntu for a while. Anything, well almost anything, is better than the current state of Unity.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.