[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this started popping up every time I open a Web browser and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-04-30-10-27-01.png (122 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-30-10-27-01.png
122 KB, 1080x1920
So this started popping up every time I open a Web browser and I couldn't find the reason why using google. I'm not asking for tech support, but what directory in my phone should I go into to find the source of this and remove it myself? Thanks
>>
>>54306589
Factory reset your shit.
>>
>>54306589
Try just going into settings->apps->your browser, and clear the data and cache.
>>
>>54306663
That didn't work unfourtunately, I tried that before making the thread :\
>>
Not tech support, but you have to find the source and disable it.
>>
>>54307040
>what directory in my phone should I go into to find the source of this and remove it myself?
No shit
>>
>>54307084
No, really. It's as easy as disabling the source.
>>
>>54307114
Yes I'm aware, I was asking where you guys think the source might be so that I can do this myself wothout extensive help from you guys.
>>
>>54307136
I don't know, it might be a virus.

Why did you decide to go to /g/ without being tech literate?
>>
>>54307152
Not OP, but why did you decide to go to anything on the internet without being able to understand a simple sentence?
>>
>>54307177
I'm pretty good with language and technology, the latter is the reason I'm here.

I'm just curious how OP explicitely stresses that /g/ is not for tech support and makes a thread which is literally asking for tech support.
>>
>>54307152
I'd say I'm at least moderately tech literate, I did know to clear cache first to see if that worked and when it didn't I made sure to try Google or other means first before asking here
>>
>>54307209
I understand that technically I am asking for "support" to help me fix a problem with my "tech" but I'm not askin you to guide me through shit step by step or send me links, I simply asked what directory you think the source might be so I can do this myself
>>
if you have root remove anything sweepstakes from the app folders

if not, factory reset and be less stupid next time
>>
The real question is, how retarded did OP have to be too get malware on Android?
>>
>>54306589
you won a gift card and you're complaining, baka kids these days
>>
>>54307235
op try looking at most used apps in battery dialog or somewhere else
remove everything that looks suspicious
>>
Download an antivirus and scan you dumbfuck
>>
Guys, there was a txt file in my internal storage download folder when I was looking through it just now. I deleted it and everything's fine now. I don't know how I didn't look there before, sorry for the trouble and thanks to all who contributed
>>
>>54306589
Press OK
>>
>>54306589
>I'm not asking for tech support, but I'm asking for tech support

Yeah, fuck off.
>>
>>54307347
in before the app pulls the next file and you just get the same problem with a different ad because you don't listen.

don't come back op, try plebbit next time.
>>
>>54307259
kek
someone got a virus and he should be grateful?
>>
I deleted two text files and on multiple opens of all my Web browsers, the problem is solved
>>
>>54307397
its not a virus, won many gifts cards this way. It works.
>>
>>54306589
>touchwizz
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.