[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone studies or has studied Computer Engineering or everybody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: microcontroller-pcb.jpg (83 KB, 1000x626) Image search: [Google]
microcontroller-pcb.jpg
83 KB, 1000x626
Anyone studies or has studied Computer Engineering or everybody here is about Computer Science?
>>
>>54305642

I have, if you suck at math turn back and take political science
>>
>>54305642
software engineering reporting

we laugh at CS majors frequently
>>
Computer engineering is pussy EE
>>
>>54308597
What´s EEs pussy then, physics and math?
>>
>>54306952
>software engineering major
lmao literally a meme degree, might as well go to a coding buttcamp
>>54308861
pretty much
>>
Check the labor of statistics. CS is in higher demand than CE. CE entrepreneurship is limited because of the limits of physics itself. CS will continue to evolve because it can follow any artistic, business, or public trends so can always continue to grow. SO HA!
>>
File: 48JgYRM.png (825 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
48JgYRM.png
825 KB, 700x700
>>54305642
>tfw i'm studying IT engineering
>>
>>54310024
same here
>>
Computer Engeniring student reporting in
>>
>>54309865
I think that they often overlap even though they are different, so the possibilities of employement are basically the same
>>
I'm a comp E and EE student
>>
>>54305642
CS/CE hybrid reporting in. I design one part of your mobile GPU and take part in performance analysis/exploration for next gen arch.
>>
sorry >>54306952 but i second >>54309460

you can learn to become a full fledged software developer from home, without a fucking degree or major

source: i'm a network security major who has an assload of programming experience, never took a single course aside from some mandatory HTML/CSS course
>>
>>54306952

Nevermind the fact that SE is CS with less math and theory, and more buzzwords.
>>
>>54313446
that looks cool
>>
>>54305642
>studying computer science

tope fucking kek

I'm studying mathematical statistics and taking programming on the side. Why the fuck would one even go learn CS.
>>
>>54308597
That would have me sign up for it then, EE sounds too hard but I still want to work with computers.

In fact my decisions are due soon so it is time to throw in the ball.
>>
>>54309865
How the fuck was I supposed to know this when I applied for the major
>>
>>54315893
To be a workhorse for the modern age
>>
File: 1257812673466.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1257812673466.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>54305642
>Computer Engineering
>>
>>54316226

EE, CE, and CS are all interconnected.

The reality is, EE deals with a ton of microcontrollers and software, so you eventually learn a good chunk of CE regardless, and the a small bit of CS.

CS is the opposite end, where you need to still know a good chunk of CE (piratical limitations of clock speed, registers, etc), but don't really need to understand EE (bit level transistor theory).

CE ditches the specialized stuff on both ends, and you learn all the practical shit in EE and CS and apply it onto microcontrollers.
>>
>>54316359
What's the problem friend?
>>
4th year CS major here. Feel like I've learned absolutely nothing. Literally unemployable with what I've learned in my classes (or lack thereof). Biggest regret of my life but I've come too far to not finish now.

>tfw I fell for the cs meme
>tfw I have no face
>>
I'm an EE, about to get my Master's while working. I've done a little bit of microcontroller stuff, but mostly I work with power electronics. I do program a little for fun, though, and throwing together a script to parse something for work comes in handy a lot.
>>
>>54316246
......you check the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, or whatever country you live in.
>>
where my EE+CS boys at
>>
>>54306952
>computer science
>software engineering

pick 2, they're the same
>>
>>54316420
>double major EE CS

Do you... sleep?
>>
>>54316454
I go to a shit uni so yeah
>>
I'm PhD in /g/entlemen, /f/itizen and CS
but I have my CCIE
>>
File: 1459446362157.png (64 KB, 1134x485) Image search: [Google]
1459446362157.png
64 KB, 1134x485
>>54316416
>>54309865
http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/computer-programmers.htm#tab-6

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/computer-hardware-engineers.htm#tab-6

I'm actually getting CS as fucked compared to CE
>>
>>54316420
AYO BOSS

>>54316454
NOPE LMAO KILL ME DESU
>>
>>54305642
Starting Uni next semester as a Comp Eng major. Are EE courses really that bad? I did well in AP Physics with no effort (if that even means anything) , are the courses hard to grasp or is it just a rigorous work load?
>>
I'm in robotics, had to take a mix of EE/CS/CENG
>>
>>54316377
He like to shitpost, that is all.
>>
>>54316515
WE DEM BOYS
>>
Anyone here studied pure or applied mathematics? I am majoring in CS right now, but I would love to come back in the future to study cool math
>>
who the fuck needs a computer engineer?
>>
>>54316688
t.Retarded NEET
>>
>>54316405
CS, 4 years?

In regards to not learning anything employable, maybe you should start learning a "corporate" language 4 years ago like c# or Java.
>>
>>54316267
Please refrain from comparing CS graduates to workhorses. Workhorses were actually useful.
>>
>>54316573
>Are EE courses really that bad?
If they aren't, it's a sign there's something wrong with your Uni.
>>
What do you call a CS major?

An engineering drop out.
>>
>>54316616
I want to do something similar after I get my bachelor in CS.
>>
>>54308597
At my school they're two halves of the same major. Can't separate them.
>>
>Bachelor's in Physics
>Minor in math
>Finishing PhD in EE from top-tier school
>self-taught software engineer
>applying to spaceX this summer

get on my level
>>
>>54316891
Sheeeeit okay time to get some pdfs, thanks...
>>
>>54316983
If you're not memeing then good for you anon.
>>
>>54316983
>posts on /g/
>>
>>54316788
workhorses don't get jobs

who the fuck works in a factory anymore? who needs an aerospace engineer or mechanical engineer?

face it everything is fucked
>>
>>54316983

spaceX is a sweatshop, dude

t. tesla employee
>>
>>54305642

Computer systems engineering doesn't exist at ASU anymore. They call it something else now and changed the classes. I went for a while as did most of my friends from high school for computer systems engineering cuz were not fags and didn't choose computer science like every girl and fedora wearer. The only one of my friends who actually finished college got his last year all fucked up because they got rid of his classes and gave him alternate non related classes in a 5th year. College is a joke as proven to me by college. Maybe it gets better in the later years (if they dont fuck you like my friend who finished) but I got 30sum credits in and realized not one thing they taught me pertained to anything computers related outside of very very light programming that could be learned in a week on your own. Go to devry or some shit that's what my dad did. He said it taught him a lot and was hired during his final year for good pay and makes over 100k now.
>>
>>54306952
But SE is code monkeying the degree

At least in a good CS program you will learn plenty of mathematics and how to come up with new algorithms
>>
>>54305642
I did.

We learnt about Paralelism in single CPU and clusters (OpenMP & MPI), VHDL, Socket programming, Embeded Systems Programming, Network Infrastructures, Systems Administration and security and OS kernels.

What im telling you is just the surface of what i did on CE.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.