[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you calibrate your display? If so, what hardware and software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 5-calibrate.jpg (106 KB, 1200x897) Image search: [Google]
5-calibrate.jpg
106 KB, 1200x897
Do you calibrate your display?

If so, what hardware and software do you use?

I wasn't sure before buying a colorimeter, but now I think they are completely worth it.
>>
This
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
I don't do anything that needs perfect colors accuracy. So having IPS and using that website to do some quick adjustments is more than enough,
>>
nigga i have streaks and fingermarks all over my screen why the fuck would i bother with this BS
>>
>>54305236

Not only that, I also do all of my laptops, tablets and smartphones.

Some screens have accurate colours and the difference is minimal, some are so fucked they need to be calibrated before you can comfortably web browse on them.

I use pic related in OPs pic, worth it's weight in gold.
>>
>Do you calibrate your display?
Yes, all three.
>If so, what hardware and software do you use?
I use a colorhug, because it respects my freedums being open hardware and shitz.
>>
File: flicker.png (1000 B, 188x120) Image search: [Google]
flicker.png
1000 B, 188x120
>>54305264
< interesting, does this flicker for anyone else?

actually it might need the black background, check here
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php
>>
Spyder 4 PRO and Eizo ColorNavigator

I'm a retoucher though, so color accuracy for me is vital
>>
>>54305326
>http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php

I get flicker from some of them.
>>
>Do you calibrate your display?
yes.
>If so, what hardware and software do you use?
colormunki display, displaycal.

something i found out for myself - if you are playing games in fullscreen with nvidia card the color profile you created won't apply there. so use sweetfx with custom LUT to fix that. not sure about amd cards.
>>
>>54305326
some panels (mostly tn) will have pixel inversion, it's something that is inherent to the panel so there's not anything you can do to fix that.
>>
>>54305376
I usually play games in windowed "fullscreen", this way it works.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.