[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do people buy "gaming" headsets? they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 15473727.jpg (15 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
15473727.jpg
15 KB, 600x600
Why the fuck do people buy "gaming" headsets?

they are overpriced as fuck and sound like shit, it's just some cool edgy plastic things and some LED.

Are "gaming" headsets for 14 year olds?
>>
The same reason people buy anything; their corporate overlords convince them they want to.
>>
>>54295738
You buy food because your corporate overlords convince you that you have to?
>>
>>54295710
You just answered your own question.
>>
>>54295799
t. proud Razer headset owner
>>
>>54295710
I got that exact one OP

I like wireless, and I don't give a shit about sound quality. I listen to 128-192kbps mp3s.

Got that shit for $80 on sale+coupon. It's pretty comfy and I can't find any wireless over-ear headphones that aren't bluetooth.
>>
Yes.

Speaking of headphones. I was at jbhifi today. I noticed all the boxes had chinese on the which was concerning.

And the sony ones cost around 300 to 500 for the omes on display. Thats absolutely crazy, no?
>>
>>54295710
>Are "gaming" headsets for 14 year olds?

Yes, just like gaming itself. Nothing more embarrassing than some grown-ass adult that spends any significant amount of time playing games.
>inb4 butt hurt manchildren tears
>>
>>54295710
>they are overpriced as fuck and sound like shit
[citation needed]
>>
>>54296061
I agree with this. Quitting gaming was the best choice of my life. Lol made me waste so much time and turned me into something horrible while i played it.

Now im starting my own business, have time for other hobbies and feel enlightened i guess
>>
>>54296483
Not so humblebrag there bud.

Go Jack yourself off somewhere else.
>>
>>54296509
It wasnt meant to be humble, ill gladly say gaming is a shit lifestyle.
>>
>>54296540
is it okay as a hobby?
>>
>>54296483
How did you quit? I would like to quit this, but it"s hard for me
>>
>>54296579
To an extent, generally mmo gaming requires a fair time investment and promotes a pretty negative environment however

>>54296580
When i got one of my accounts 14-dayed it was a revelation to me. Have you seen donkeys video? Basically the same thing happened to me but with a 3 man chinese and i just couldn't carry. Before that i had quit for several weeks at one time but it was just difficult to go cold i guess.

Without getting your account banned, id reccomend finding more fulfilling ways to spend your time, and try to distance yourself slowly. Perhaps you play because of friends? If theyre irl ask them to help you, if their in game, remove them and bloxk them
>>
>>54296580
Not him but I used to be gayming addict too. You just not log into client and spend time doing something else, that's all there is to it. If you have fun with gaymes then I guess that makes things more difficult, playing moba shits made me hate my life and I hardly ever had fun with it so it was fairly easy. I still play gaymes from time to time though, mostly singleplayer, had fun with stardew recently.
>>
>>54296580
here's a tip.
STOP PLAYING GAMES
>>
Because they don't read the fucking wiki
>>
>>54296801
>>54296775
Tje problem with mobas is they leaving you unsatisfied at all stages, so they draw you back in.

Without having stuff to do i can see it being quite difficult for him to quit.

It really is an addiction honestly, though its a rather weak addiction
>>
>>54296852
no it's not, you just have nothing to do and you fill your time with games instead of jerking off.

Get other fucking hobbies, don't call your ineptitude an addiction.
>>
SHITTY
RETARD
GAMING
HEADSETS
.jpg
>>
>>54296852
I'm so glad I don't like mobas
>>
File: audio-technica_ath-m50x_cat_2.jpg (262 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
audio-technica_ath-m50x_cat_2.jpg
262 KB, 1500x1500
>beats are over priced garbage
>gaymour headsets sound like crap
>>
I used to think so op. Then I found a pair of sennhiser 333d on sale half off and bought them on a whim. They're actually really good headphones.
>>
Why the fuck do people shitpost retarded questions on /g/?

Are they mentally retarded?
>>
>>54299951
/g/ is nothing but shitposting. Please enjoy your stay :)
>>
>>54295921
Senheiser RS 185
https://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?C=1ADAO1HGSFP37&R=1PC7D502QLB91&T=C&U=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FSennheiser-RS-185-Wireless-Headphone%2Fdp%2FB00TOT9G1W%2Fref%3Dcm_sw_em_r_cawdtod_aIbjxb02WV0E0_tt&A=N8LKUY9DVUYLZ6215GIFDNHTW1AA&H=Q8LVEFGINOJXTS4NYNUQSDW1PUQA
>>
>>54299271
i hope you didnt actually fall for the m50x meme, friend.
>>
File: 1461689009346-fit.jpg (902 KB, 1300x1733) Image search: [Google]
1461689009346-fit.jpg
902 KB, 1300x1733
I have the Steel series H wireless headset. Comes with a dedicated receiver, multiple profiles for various uses, swappable lithium ion batteries.

They work great for movies, gaming. For music I have another set of headphones. Also all these comments ITT are pathetic.

>gaming is for children and I'm such a grown up adult with adult habits and hobbies

Pathetic. I'm not advocating or defending the degenerates who spend 6+ hours a day, but as a weekend time killer after a long day, they're fine.

Maybe it's time I quit /g/. Cancerous board really when it comes down to it. Enjoy your totally important and "productive" programming projects nerds.
>>
Uh, because fuck you that's why.

And no,
>overpriced as fuck and sound like shit
is a generalization.

Also, because attaching a microphone with a magnet or some inline piece of shit is about the most poorboy nigger rig bullshit you can put on your head.

Have fun being poor, faggot.
>>
>>54300574
>Calls others poor
>Buys a flimsy little piece of shit with a mic attached instead of buying a good pair of headphones and a separate desk mic
What 'gaming headset' do you own that you believe to be a fair price and actually has decent sound quality, child?
>>
>>54300434
Not him, but the 50 non x are pretty dank
>>
>>54296061
You are aware games are made by adults aren't you? I mean you are aware that a large percentage of people play video games..including adults.

I think you need to separate a kid who lives for gaming and a person that pops on one for just escapism fun at home.

>mfw when I have worked for Sierra On-line, Vivendi, Atari, Humongous, Microsoft

>All the employees are adults. All ideas/concepts are from adults.
>>
>>54296061
>>54296483
>>54296801
>He's so insecure in his own adulthood that he has to tell others they aren't allow to enjoy certain things to fulfill his slanted view of maturity.
>He's so ingrained in this need to be recognized as an adult that he now actively seeks to distance himself from those he sees as somehow "tainted" by even light interest in anything traditional American values tells him is childlike and immature. He seeks the approval of those he sees as adults, because he has always thought that someday he would magically and suddenly know exactly what to do to be an adult, failing this, he receded into a sort of charade, to mimic his semi delusional fever dream of what the "perfect mature person" is.
>>
>>54300408
That's more expensive than what I bought.
>>
>>54295710
I bought an HyperX Cloud II and I'm pretty happy with it.
>>
>>54300545
Yet Another /v/tard bites the dust
>>
>>54301751
Solid choice. I have a buddy that has that headset and he loves it.

As for me, I actually own the Logitech G933, so i'm one of the faggots OP is referencing.

I actually love the headset. Fully wireless, 7.1 virtual surround, and even thought its not advertised as noise cancelling, it tunes out my GF pretty well.

Call me a faggot, but I call it money well spent.
>>
>>54295710
I had a gaming headset that used force feedback for bass.

It was nice.

My ears felt sexy.
>>
>>54300611
>What 'gaming headset' do you own that you believe to be a fair price and actually has decent sound quality, child?
Autistic child detected.

>>54301776
>I actually love the headset. Fully wireless, 7.1 virtual surround, and even thought its not advertised as noise cancelling, it tunes out my GF pretty well.
>Call me a faggot, but I call it money well spent.
That's the funny thing about sound, it's subjective. Your brain is very, very good at filling in gaps in sound, more so than any other sense.

Also it's not noise cancelling, it's noise isolating. Any circumaural headset is, to varying degrees.

Think of it this way though: you could have 14 really tiny, really shitty drivers (seven for each ear, maybe even eight if it truly does have a separate woofer for bass), or two, full-sized, good drivers.

If all you've been eating your whole life is McDonald's, then Subway would seem like gourmet food.

The problem most audio people have is that it's not actually well-spent if the buyer was well-informed. If you were able to audition multiple headphones of the same price, it's rare that someone would pick surround sound gaming headphones (I've never seen it happen, not even once).

However there is one big plus that audiophile people don't get: it's just convenient. A wireless headset works fine overall, in multiple categories. A good set of headphones only works way, way better in just one way.

>>54302196
>I had a gaming headset that used force feedback for bass.
There are similar devices for your chair or even your room too, if you're really into that stuff. It's not implemented by any gaming company I know of (yet).
http://www.parts-express.com/search.aspx?N=4294967118+4294961269&Nrs=collection%28%29%2Frecord%5Bendeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_PortalID%22%2C%221%22%29+and+endeca%3Amatches%28.%2C%22P_Searchable%22%2C%221%22%29%5D&Ntt=transducer*&PortalID=1

The defacto standard site for speaker building supplies.
>>
I'm using a turtle beach. I'm not an audiophile or anything so $40 for a comfortable headset that registers clean speech is alright. Going on 3 years with it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.