[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I built a computer and didnt include a SDD because it wasnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 81j+5m-YU4L._SL1500_.jpg (261 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81j+5m-YU4L._SL1500_.jpg
261 KB, 1500x1500
So I built a computer and didnt include a SDD because it wasnt in the budget. Now I have extra funds and im wondering if it worth it. Ive heard they dont do much so whats the truth about them and are they worth it?
>>
>>54294953
Get one, its worth much. The main difference is that it reads random files much faster. Speedy bootup even on shitboxes and you won't see that blue loading circle ever again when you have autostart programs.

For general shilling: Get a 850 Pro or any MLC SSD, if you want something that lasts.
>>
>>54294953
It's a world of difference.
Remember to enable trim if you're running Linux.
>>
>>54294953
The truth is they won't make your computing experience SUPER AMAZING SUGOI SENPAI, but they do speed up many day to day tasks like shuffling around files, launching programs (that you install on them) and if you game and can afford a honking big one, they'll speed up your load times.

They also make reboots less annoying because they happen so fast you barely notice them.
>>
>>54295088
850 Pro checking in
>>
>>54294953

It's the best single upgrade you can get. Repurpose your HDD as media storage.
>>
>>54294953 Do you guys think an SSD is worth for GNU/Linux + i3? I'm not really sure if it will even be worth it since it is decently fast already desu
>>
>>54297013
Linux? You're gonna be even faster than windows.
>>
Don't fall for the ssd meme anon. All these retards are wrong it will actually slow your computer down and give you viruses
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.