[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inheritence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_157893125-2.jpg (218 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_157893125-2.jpg
218 KB, 1000x562
>Your grandparents just died and they leave you a sum of $1,000,000

What do you do?
Who do you become?
>>
I certainly wouldn't become the type of person to post this on a technology board, I can assure you

Fuck off
>>
>>54291493
you just fucked everything, god fucking damnit.

im done.
>>
>>54291469
Buy every IBM Thinkpad on eBay
Install Gentoo on all of them
Post results on /g/
>>
>>54291469
>What do you do?
invest it in an income fund
>Who do you become?
a neet
>>
wealth is not really a big part of my plan anyway so it might not change much.

I am currently a student and am working towards a degree in CE.
I have so many projects I want to do but I don't have time for right now.
So that kind of money would probably mean I could do the projects I am interested in rather than what an employer is interested in.
>>
>What do you do?
Buy a 2012 Mac Pro, max it out with two hyperthreaded 6-core Xeons, a Titan X, 256GB of ram, a 4TB NVMe SSD and a 10GbE card. Save the rest of the money.
>Who do you become?
No one, I keep living the NEET life I live now.
>>
1m isn't enough to live a stable life until you die
>>
Fuckoff /b/tard
>>
>>54291499
checked
>>
Rent out a nicer apartment, do get that second degree but otherwise proceed as usual, well assuming I don't get to greedy. A million isn't enough to never work again.
>>
>>54291469
>Go to any store, forget about being greedy, and buy every crap I found at least a bit interesting. Then go and buy lots of technology. Pretty much I will spend a maximum of 20.000 burgers. After that idk.
>>
>>54291631
Assuming you're in your 20's you've got 60 years or so left. That's 720 months. Unless you're blowing $1388 a month for 60 years straight, you still won't spend your last buck until you drop dead.
>>
>>54291570
This is the only correct answer
>>
>>54291469
I fix my life

I become a sexy woman.
>>
>>54291469
2 women at the same time
>>
>>54291469

Donate it to OpenBSD.
>>
>>54291691
I currently live with 400 dollars a month, and this includes the rent and utilities. So I am good I think.
>>
>>54291469

Government bonds & cash ISAs, safe but with a reasonable enough return.
>>
A million is plenty in a normal country.

I would get a nice apartment, around 300k here in Barcelona. And then I would study and teach for the rest of my life. Economics, computer science, whatever. I like studying. I would set up a business too, probably an English academy. And I would have a nice motorbike and the nicest Thinkpad.
>>
>>54291734
>I would have a nice motorbike and the nicest Thinkpad.

yes my friend...
>>
>>54291734
>Barcelona
>a nice motorbike
Jorge pls
>>
>>54291755
Actually Sergi.
>>
>>54291770
>Being Spanish and on 4chan
>not getting the /esp/ reference
>Not being in the kik sekrit club
>>
>>54291469
Fly to Australia and buy a camper van. Set up solar panels and batteries, computer system and sleeping accommodations. Then I'd just drive around the coast programming, diving and camping, buy loads of cheap kangaroo meat and make kangaroo jerky which would sustain me.
>>
Buy lots of land and rent them would be a good place to start.
>>
Exact same shitty person I am now.

>dad died when I was young and left a sum of half a million for his children

Feels bad man. Saged for not "tech"nically /g/.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.