[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what's the consensus of Corsair's dual-chamber cases?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Corsair Carbide 540.png (276 KB, 506x600) Image search: [Google]
Corsair Carbide 540.png
276 KB, 506x600
So, what's the consensus of Corsair's dual-chamber cases?
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>>/v/
>>>/wsr/
>>
Personally I love the design look, from what I've heard about them they are good but I haven't used one personally
>>
>>54286532
Good if you're liquid cooling. Otherwise it's a bit of a waste.
>>
>>54288115
I've got one but haven't done much with it yet, only threw in spare parts on stock cooling for the wife to use.

Physically it's like a microatx mid-tower but wider, then inside you can fit atx and e-atx boards and a lot of cooling (like 360mm rad in front and a 240 on top)

Planning to do a VM workstation build with it later, with multiple gpus and some power-hungry cpu like a broadwell-e or one of the higher-end zen chips if they don't suck
>>
>>54288206
Could you use the other compartment to fit a fuckton of HDDs into or use it for a second system/nas somehow or would you need a case built for dual system builds
>>
>>54288242
the thing only has 2x hdd mounts (hotswap i think), 5 ssds in the 2nd chamber
>>
>>54288242
The secondary chamber isn't real wide. it has a rack that holds I think 5x2.5" drives above the power supply as well as the two 5.25" bays you can see on the front. I think the space below the 5.25 bays is pretty empty but ends up being the rat nest for cable management (or the only spot you'll fit your pump/res for water cooling). You might fit in something like an itx board but it's not something I've thought of doing.

There's also mounts for two 3.5" drives on the bottom of the main chamber.

I kinda wish there were 3x5.25 bays so I could fit one of those mini hotswap racks and run a bunch of 3.5" in raid (but you could do it with 2.5" drives if you wanted, probably just costs more)

The appeal for me was simply being able to fit a full sized board and a lot of radiator area for cooling multiple gpus and shit
>>
Thanks!
>>
>>54286532
Delicious.

I can shove my power supply and cables in the back and have the pussy up front. What more could you ask for?

The stock fans are loud as fuck though.
>>
>>54286532
Second chamber ends up being a bit too big for just a PSU, HDDs, and cables. But if you have the room to spare go ahead. Don't try to put 2 gpus in the Air 240 or any matx case for that matter.
>>
>>54286532
M E M E
E
M
E
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.