[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4k Monitor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: better.png (432 KB, 1556x775) Image search: [Google]
better.png
432 KB, 1556x775
What 4K+ monitor do you have?

I'm thinking about getting this one. I could get a 5K UP2715K for around the same price, but it's only 27".

Anyone have the UP3216Q? I'd rather not spend $1000 on a monitor, but I don't want to skimp either.
>>
>>54250614
P2415Q user here.

Retina 1080p with my MBP is pretty comfy
>>
pvm-x300 4096x2160
>>
Acer B286HK

Just right size for 1080p x 4 scaling since Linux hidpi a shit.
>>
>>54250614
meme monitor general?
meme monitor general.

daily reminder that 4K is literally useless, unless you have a 40" monitor muh dpi is virtually of no consequence

you're even worse than audiophiles, neck yourselves
>>
>>54250745
>muh dpi is virtually of no consequence
ok kid
>>
>>54250745
Agreed. I'm rocking a Samsung UN40JU640D 40" 4K TV.
>>
>>54250763
Someone's mad, are you going through a severe case of buyer's remorse?

how does higher dpi even improve your shit tier Chinese cartoons?

>>54250771
now that is a smart acquisition
>>
File: Text-Comparison.jpg (246 KB, 770x430) Image search: [Google]
Text-Comparison.jpg
246 KB, 770x430
>>54250806
>how does higher dpi even improve your shit tier Chinese cartoons?
I'm only taking the bait once, but it's not about shitty content consumption, but reading text and code

Ever read a PDF on a high dpi monitor vs. a low dpi monitor?

Now imagine you stare at code and text for >8 hours per day.
>>
>>54250745
go get glasses
>>
>>54250837
Go get a brain, moran.
>>
P2715Q 4k master race here

Pros:

>Looks simple, no bullshit
>Stand is nice and beefy
>Speakerbar accessory is good enough if you have shit taste in speakers
>Monitor runs at 60Hz
>Color/contrast are reasonable
>No dead pixels
>Doesn't get hot

Cons:
>No adaptive sync
>Has frozen a couple of times during boot, had to be unplugged to fix

Other:
>First monitor arrived with a full column of dead pixels, was replaced immediately under warranty with new unit.
>>
>>54250835
People have been staring at text and code on low dpi monitors for 8 hours a day for decades. You are just a retarded consumertard.
>>
>>54250835
>implying you can see the difference in a 27" monitor.

It's like arguing that there is a significant difference in quality between 1080p and 4k on a 5" screen.

kill yourself

>>54250837
I have 20/20 vision and I've tried several 4k monitors, they are a useful idiot meme, or a meme forced by marketing shills.
>>
>>54250899
people have also been riding horse carriages or walked to get from take place A to B for decades and even centuries, thus consequently you are just a retarded consumertard for buying a car
>>
The Dell P2415Q. Really like it and how crisp it is.
>>
>>54250922
That's not even fucking remotely the same you retard. What kind of mental gymnastics you have to accomplish to come up with this drivel? What was the highest grade you completed in high school?
>>
>>54250835
Pretty much this.
When high dpi phones first came out, blind cucks apparently couldn't tell the difference then either.
>>
Can we gang up on some monitor manufacturers and ask them to make WQUXGA monitors?
4k 16:10, I'm not upgrading before one of those show up.
>>
I'll buy a 4k when they support 144hz, but the PG278Q is the best purchase I ever made.
>>
>>54250922
You seriously think you need a 4K monitor to comfortably read text? You're fucking brainwashed.
>>
>>54251010
Where did I say I need it?

It's just comfier
>>
>>54250997
>4k when they support 144hz
>4k
>144hz
>not 244hz
>Not wanting 4 Titans
I cant wait for 8K
>>
So like, what's the smallest screen size I could benefit from 4k at less than 3 feet from my monitor then?
>>
4k = 40 inch minimum. 42 recommended.

1440p = 32 inch minimum.

4k on anything under 40 inch is a foolish waste of money.
>>
>>54250904
1080p on 5" is about 450dpi. Research puts human visual acuity some where around 500dpi. So yeah a 4k 5" screen is overkill.

A 27" 1080p screen is a lot lower, <100dpi
going to 4k doubles that but still not 200dpi
>>
>>54250933
How is the light bleed?
>>
>>54251200
Didn't notice any, but it has a fucking annoying high pitched noise when it's in "sleep mode"

so basically either use it, or turn it off otherwise you'll go insane within 5 minutes

but I have a pretty early revision (bought mid 2015), maybe they fixed it in newer revisions

actually thinking about sending it back for muh warranty but I'd have no screen during that time which is a bit shitty tbqh
>>
Brah I'm fully glad I bought an LG 27ud68p 4k freesync over a 1440p ultrawide because the text and the space and the gaymes looking clear as fuck and now I can see people easier when I snipe niggas in arma 3 since usually they were just a blurry mess in the distance.

BUT I hate how some shit fucking cunt software still has shit text that doesnt render at 4k
>>
>>54251223
hmm amazon has it for $360 right now...
>>
>>54251227
How is that 4K performance going

Enjoying
>144 fps

LOL
>>
>>54251223
Dell has Advanced Exchange for their higher priced monitors and generally pretty awesome service

If it's broken they'll send you a new one before you have to send the old one back. Worth a try
>>
>>54250672
>Have the XB280HK
Why can't they design the Gsync models like the one you mentioned
Also Linux scaling is pure shit
I'm going to buy a CB280HK soon for my shitposting window
>7680x2160
The dream comes true
>>
>>54250614

Don't get the 5k, almost nothing supports it. 4k panels are coming down in price and you shouldn't pay more than $700 for a non professional monitor.
>>
>>54251154
Care to explain your reasoning here? Did it have to do with dpi and viewing distance?
>>
I can't tell if the people saying 4K on smaller screens is not worth it are legit or not.

I refuse to believe people are that stupid. I refuse to believe people cannot see diffrrences in text. I can barely handle 1080p on anything anymore thanks to high DPI displays. Pixelated as fuck.
>>
>>54252693
24" on 1080p already seems pixelated to me. 28" 4K is perfect. The same DPI as a 15" 1080p display (laptop).

I wish there were cheap 15" 1080p screens but it seems I have to upgrade to a second 4K.
>>
>>54250614
AOC U2879VF 28in 4K FreeSync

Monitor
$550 AUD for 4k just wanted something cheap until they drop prices in the future , anyone else got the same one, would like to know your thoughts
>>
>>54252693
it's either bait or legit blind people

most likely bait
>>
>>54250745

You know there are more uses to this shit than gayming or caring about dpi?
I'd take a 10k monitor any day, just for the real estate it provides with graphic work.
>>
>>54253082
>this
Adobe's CS suite works best on displays > 1080p
>>
Is the LG 27MU67 good? It's pretty cheap and has Freesync on a 27" IPS panel.

Just not sure if it's a good panel with good colors or what.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (27 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
27 KB, 600x402
>>54251191
>going to 4K doubles that
No. Dpi is quadrupled. I'll even give you a hint:
>x = 5^2, y = 10^2
>y = c * x
>Now class, please find the value of c using only what we've learned here in the 4th grade.
>>
>>54250745
>Meme
You possibly never used a high DPI screen. Text appears as sharp as laser printed.

For anyone that does not game I would go straight to 4K, for gaming it depends, the newer titles are shit anyway.
>>
>>54253099
yes, I bought it a couple months ago and I love it.

I'm afraid I'm noit the best judge since I switched from a 1080p tn to 4k ips. colors are amazing to me specially next to the old 1080p tn but I couldn't tell you how good they are in comparison with a dell or any other monitor.

only downside is the menu that seems a bit stupid at times. like it has a quickbutton to switch to 2 different gaming settings (higher sharpness and shit) but this button doesn't switch it back. so if you'd actually switch it every time you start a game, you'd have to go to the menu, submenu, yadda yadda and set it back to your usual settings once you're done playing.

I don't really care since I'm just permanently riding on my balanced custom settings for everything but if they already introduce the feature they should think it through.

it's pretty great for the price and 4k is worth it just for ultra hd shitposting on /g/. gotta have that sharp text, man.
>>
>>54252693
>Pixelated as fuck.
I don't know how good is your eyesight, but I'm using 21'' inch 1080p screen and I have to be 6 inches away from the screen in order to actually see the pixels, with spaces between them.
That's what I'd consider pixelated as fuck. But I don't sit with my head 6 inches from the screen.

>I refuse to believe people are that stupid
Yeah, having a poor eyesight is really stupid.
>I refuse to believe people cannot see diffrrences in text.
And I guarantee you that most people who are saying you don't need it haven't even laid their eyes on 4K. Everyone who has bought a 4K screen will say the same things you do.
>>
>>54250904
>20/20

20/17 here, how does it feel being subhuman?
>>
>>54253628
>people who are saying you don't need it haven't even laid their eyes on 4K

that pretty much sums up this whole discussion we're having every time 4k comes up. people just haven't seen it but have to argue about it anyway.

hell, in my area there wasn't a single store that had a 4k monitor with a 4k picture feed. they always hook all their monitors up to the same hdmi 1080p demo video or slide show.
once it gets more of a standard everyone will get it but until then people will call it useless shit because people are people.
>>
>>54250614
I jumped on the UHD TV meme train and have no regrets.

> 48.5" = 91 dpi - just fine for monospace terminal font coding
> IPS - don't get color banding/shifting at extreme viewing angles
> HDMI 2.0 - 60Hz w/ 4:4:4 chroma

It came down to weighing greater total area (and/or no multi-display bezels) against greater sharpness, and total area won handily.

I didn't consider the last Philips 40" monitor since it had PWM backlighting and a somewhat shitty panel with non-square pixels, but their new 43" model will use a (LG?) IPS panel.

I will likely switch to a future model if they add DP 1.3/1.4 with 120Hz support, but failing that, I'm happy until 40"+ 8k comes out.
27" 5k is great for shoopers, but not really adequate for programming unless you did something like a 3x1 portrait setup (which would require 6 DP 1.2 connections to run at 60 Hz)
>>
would buy one if the prices were reasonable. and would have to be at least 27"
>>
>>54253986
was thinking recently about doing the 40" 4k thing for programming

I've got a pair of 27" 1440p so I don't know if I'd see any real benefits though (but the thought of similar dpi with a lot more area does appeal)
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.