[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The arch hate has literally gotten to a point where there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: days-without-jewish-tricks.jpg (21 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
days-without-jewish-tricks.jpg
21 KB, 439x290
>The arch hate has literally gotten to a point where there are more Anti-Arch threads than there are Pro-Arch.
>non arch users are developing a superiority complex against Arch users
>mfw then are literally becoming the very person they criticize so much.
>>
>>54218514
"ok"
>>
>>54218514(You)
>>
File: 4b6.jpg (352 KB, 816x1356) Image search: [Google]
4b6.jpg
352 KB, 816x1356
I call this the pancake argument. This picture is missing and trying to hide previous history of a pancakefag bleating on about pancakes

>be a colossal faggot
>people show up to disprove your shit
>oh god now I can't pretend anymore without the average board inhabitant knowing how full of shit I am

I've seen people in this situation leave /g/ and go to other semi-related boards so they can offhandedly mention they use arch to the very noobs that they claim are beyond redemption, that's because the whole dog and pony show was just for fucking attention.
>>
>install debian
>no problems ever
ok op
>>
>>54218514
Arch is an easy target, it's going to happen.
>>
>>54219321
>>54218514
I'm glad people are noticing it. Yesterday I was in a thread and took a screenshot of my browser and someone did some mental acrobatics and accussed me of shilling Arch Linux because I was using an Appchan userscript.

???
>>
>>54219321
Literally no one is talking about Arch Linux except for anti-arch people. There are no Arch shilling threads currently.
>>
the reason they do it is because the arch user base is really sensitive and makes threads like this.
>>
>>54219346
I never said anything about Debian ever. I literally don't care what OS you use.
>>
>>54219388
There should either be both kinds of threads or neither.
Fuck off with a your distro discrimination. People should be allowed to discuss anything in either way they want.
>>
>>54219416
Agreed.

/thread
>>
>>54219395
This is the first thread like this I've ever seen.
>>
>>54219346
>>54219395
These are exactly the type of people this thread is about.
>>
>>54219416
I couldn't care less what you use in terms of operating systems, I'm just fucking sick of the Arch hate. Its gotten to autistic sperg levels at this point.
>>
>>54219436
And I'm sick of the Arch shilling. Fuck off, fag.
>>
>>54219446
No one is shilling it. By that logic you are shilling fags because you said the word -- fucking retard.

Just stay quiet.
>>
lmao keep whining, op. they will surely stop if you keep posting like this.
>>
>>54219446
Arch shilling happens like 1 time per day, and most are b8 threads. Meanwhile the Arch hate threads pop up at around 7-8 per day.
>>
>>54219436
This
Just because mom had to cancel my meetings because X broke doesn't mean arch is bad
>>
>>54219456
The same logic could be applied to the arch hate threads.
>>
>OP literally, actually implying this isn't a Arch shill thread
>>
how new r u
>>
>>54219476
This is talking about the state of this board and pathetic fucks like you.
>>
>>54219470
I've literally had Arch break on me one time, and the one thing that broke was the volume control buttons on my laptop, and the only reason it broke was because I fucked with it. Arch doesn't break unless you fuck with it.
>>
>>54219488
>>54219470
I don't even remember how the "my X broke" meme started -- I suspect it's that singly troll image.
>>
>>54219514
This.
>>
>>54219572
Also related

>>54214820, the OP image specfically.
> tfw it might be a conspiracy
>>
>>54218514
I dont understand /g/.

A few years ago /g/ used to praise arch and its part of what made me interested and made me look into it, now i cant imagine using anything else (well, maybe gentoo if i actually tried to learn it) because it fits what i want so well and have been using it for over 2 years without any problems.

Now half of /g/ hates arch and i just ignore those threads.
>>
>>54218514
>caring about distro wars
>>
>>54218514

Arch users actually believe this
>>
>>54219592
Yep, I rememer those times too. It's just a meme that took root after someone made those retarded images -- resulting in a perpetual cycle of falsehoods and senseless hate.

Also see >>54214820 , I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, but it is.
>>
>>54219592
the word used to describe arch has been that it's a "trendy" distro as in it's something you pretend to use to fit in. Another thing that's had that word used is a trendy disease like autism or aspergers. Gentoo was the trendy distro 10 years ago, it's arch's time now and soon in the future there will be a new fad. All of these are memes/trends/fads and are called such because 20 years from now you'll look at it like the hippie movement can't believe they were wearing their retarded clothes and getting high and being anti-work and are suffering now because they're behind the curve from their wasted time.
>>
>>54219651
You use that word, because you are mentally deficient.

There's nothing trendy about Arch, you install it within 20-30 minutes and then install packages from then on out. There's literally nothing that requires you to waste your time and be "behind the curve".
>>
>>54219689
ubuntu is 10 minutes with no reading and you get the same system and no amount of pretending that you did it manually is going to make up for this. But I guess I am a windows shill now because they're including parts of it there. Shouldn't it also be that I'm a debian and mint shill as these things weren't exclusive to ubuntu
>>
>>54219728
No one is pretending, and that's not what people who use Arch do, you people just claim they do.

No one is using Arch to brag here, in this sea filled with retards.

My 20-30 minutes estimate might be inaccurate, but that's nitpicking. And you do not have the same system as an Ubuntu-install -- for one you are missing the AUR, and installing Arch allows for a more minimal (base and pre-installed software-wise) setup from the beginning, which I prefer.

It's simply a matter of preference; however there is still nothing inherently "trendy" about Arch, and whatever meaning you derive out of that.
>>
>>54219321
I've been on /g/ for what, 10 years?
Arch has always been a fox and the grapes situation. Most of the bitching is from kids who can't figure out how to install it, and the people who can install Arch/use it just egg them on because it's funny. I don't believe there's been a point in time where Arch users have seriously posted with a (non sarcastic) air of superiority
>>
>>54218514
>superiority complex
Its not a complex dear, its a fact.
>>
>>54219797
You are not helping
>>
>>54219514
I never understood how it was a Arch only meme, and not a meme on how shitty X11 is.
>>
File: gentoo.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
gentoo.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>54219809
>more minimal
Whether i'm helping or not is irrelevant, the fact that we are superior needs to be known
>>
It's all very amusing because Arch is the best linux distro going.
>>
I just installed Arch on my work laptop. Full retard here. Everything just works so far. Wish me luck.

Coming from Fedora. It was OK, but updates wouldn't work. I think it had something to do with my drive encryption. I'd have to
$ sudo dnf distro-sync
and hope that got everything. If I went through the GUI method of updating, it'd be 50/50 whether or not it would work, or just error. Also, SELinux was kind of a pain in the arse.

Nothing really against Fedora, I just prefer Arch at this point.
>>
>>54219403
Debian users are super arrogant. They act more like "arch users" are supposed to act than they do.
>>
File: 15378843260_5b34615aad_k.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1367) Image search: [Google]
15378843260_5b34615aad_k.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1367
The modern internet in a nutshell right there.
>>
>>54219975
Pretty much. "Debian so stable hurghhh" every thread, and then you see the guys who change all their repos to testing and fuck up their system and cry for help.
>>
File: 8dfcynd.png (213 KB, 636x367) Image search: [Google]
8dfcynd.png
213 KB, 636x367
Arch shitposting has been completely completely replaced by anti Arch shitposting. This means phase 2 is complete.

The next phase involves the zeitgeist shifting into"I think that Arch haters are just as annoying as Arch users."

After we move to phase 4, the "Arch is actually not that bad and anybody who criticizes it is an edgy euphoric fedora neckbeard buzzword" phase. At this point real discussion will cease to exist and only social signalling will remain.
>>
File: mApVk3v.jpg (215 KB, 1280x1109) Image search: [Google]
mApVk3v.jpg
215 KB, 1280x1109
/r/ing someone edit this to fit this situation
>>
File: 1458573451334.png (830 KB, 788x874) Image search: [Google]
1458573451334.png
830 KB, 788x874
>>54219986
Tell me more about this picture, please.
>>
>>54220226

https://thefella.com/

The picture is from a ghost town that's slowly being buried under sand.
>>
>>54219791
this
it's just a board full of children that are both stupid and insecure about their stupidity which causes board culture to fly right over their heads

people mad about arch users here are the same people who spam cape-wars on /tv/ and get seriously mad at people who rightfull call it garbage

the masses are now against everything that 4chan used to be; self aware hobbyists who like to post with like-minded people

it is now literally just retarded children who demand that literally everything in the world stoops down to their level
>>
>>54220410
this rings true unfortunately
>>
>>54220480
>>54220410
Someone should set up an arch-only imageboard, although I'm sure it would be hounded by trolls too.
>>
ITT

people arguing over subjective bullshit
>>
>>54220517
The state of this board is not subjective, stop trying to disrupt the thread.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.