[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bitcoins All i know about them is the propaganda that both sides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1
File: golden_eagle.gif (4 MB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
golden_eagle.gif
4 MB, 294x233
Bitcoins
All i know about them is the propaganda that both sides offer them, what is /g/s opinion of this digital currency?
>>
it has no practical uses

the only people who use it are shady criminals who want to buy cp, drugs, or any other illegal service/good

I certainly would not use a currency that is known to be used in transactions where pedos buy drugs to spike the drinks of children and rape them

I suggest you don't associate with it
>>
its for literal neckbeards
>>
>>54215550
>>54215566
Thanks ill stay away from it.
>>
Concept is good and works, but obviously it's introduction to the market (buying illegal shit) has made it an underground currency so we'll have to look for a new digital currency created by respect institutions to see what kind of potential it has.
>>
kinda cool for situations where paypal could fuck you over. Like donations links or artists for hire getting too popular so they get locked for 'security'. I've heard that rage story plenty.
>>
>>54215436
Good concept.Too bad its about to fall.If it were 10 or even 5 years ago I would recommend buying them.Now,however...
>>
>>54215436
I'm a journalist, and the publications I work for overseas pay me with it. it has its uses in global commerce if you need more liquidity than traditional means.
>>
>>54215550
you realize more cash is used for these illegal purposes each month than the entire yearly trade volume of BTC right? it only has a 6.3bn marketcap. also google "bitcoin debit card" if you think you cant use it like your local fiat
>>
>>54215744
>says this at 450USD/btc
bitcoin has "died" 101 times now. lol

https://99bitcoins.com/obituary-stats/
>>
Its another example of Libertarian utopianism violently colliding with reality.

Still laughing at the fags who bought at $1000 claiming BTC would be ~$1M a coin by 2020.
>>
>>54215836
the enthusiast community is garbage but it still has uses. see
>>54215780
>>54215803
>>
>>54215803
>cash is also used to commit crime, therefore cash is just as bad as BTC

dat bitnigger logic

the vast majority of cash isn't used for illegal purposes
the vast majority of bitcoin IS used for illegal purposes

see the difference, kiddie fiddler?

by not using bitcoin not only am I avoiding supporting a pedo/criminal currency, but I also avoid going to jail for tax evasion

off yourself
>>
>>54215836
>Still laughing at the fags who bought at $1000 claiming BTC would be ~$1M a coin by 2020.
well they're dumbasses. I cashed out at $1000

>>54215951
>but I also avoid going to jail for tax evasion
wut. Legitimate vendors (like Newegg) still charge tax. If you get in trouble for tax evasion it's because you're doing shady shit like you say you're trying to avoid
>>
>>54215951
the vast majority of bitcoin is not, actually. it's also easier to to track BTC transactions than cash, so that premise is retarded. only dumb college students and edgelord NEETS use it for illegal purposes m8.
>>
Designed to be decentralised, but since it requires computer power to produce, it turns out that centralised computer systems make bitcoins far better than distributed systems.
The Chinese have basically ruined it, but if they didn't then someone else would
>>
>>54216063
>the vast majority of bitcoin is not, actually
It is, there aren't much practical ways of spending your bitcoins besides acquiring illegal shit.
>. it's also easier to to track BTC transactions than cash, so that premise is retarded.
That is only possible if the person spending the money does not take measures to obscure his transactions, criminals are aware of it and take measures.
>only dumb college students and edgelord NEETS use it for illegal purposes m8.
you forgot to mention the hordes of pedos, addicts, terrorists, and basically any criminal under the sun who knows his way around tech, this is the userbase of btc
>>
>>54215550
dont listen to this retard, hes just fear mongering.

His arguement could be applied to normal cash as well.

Bitcoin is more safe and does have practical uses.

Invest in trump coin though, its actually backed by proper investors, though they'll probs just dump the price.
>>
>>54216179
> doesn't know about BTC debit cards and instant exchanges
> what is blockchain analysis
> Criminals use a general use tool for crime, this means it's evil! lets ban guns, bitcoin, encryption, knives, and the internet!
do you also believe video games enforce sexism and violent behavior in our youths?
>>
>>54215436
Shills on /g/ say it's a meme because it's a free currency.
Free as in freedom.
>>
>>54216261
its mit licened, don't associate it with your copyleft anti-business cancer
>>
>>54215951
do you think majority of people who have btc commit crimes and are the bad guys?
>>
>>54215951
>>54216212
Opinions brought to you by the same school of thinking that banned pinball and video arcades back in the day
>>
>>54216237
>> doesn't know about BTC debit cards and instant exchanges
Prove that most transactions are used for these purposes.
Also, these two sound like a good way of inviting the IRS to prod your anus, tax evasion is a crime.
>> what is blockchain analysis
what is a bitcoin tumbling service
>> Criminals use a general use tool for crime, this means it's evil! lets ban guns, bitcoin, encryption, knives, and the internet!
Most of the bitcoin userbase ARE criminals of some kind. Your examples do not belong because most of their users AREN'T criminals.

And there's nothing wrong with having a certain degree of control over the Internet, encryption, guns and knives.

You are deluded if you think we should let people do whatever they want with these tools and still have a safe society.

>do you also believe video games enforce sexism and violent behavior in our youths?
I'm not sure about sexism, that is mostly influenced by other cultural factors, but I am certain to a point that videogames do encourage violence, lookup every school shooter in the past 10 years, they were all addicted to violent videogames.
>>
>>54216376
are you saying the people who you linked are the thought or the guy theyre replying to?

Pinball is a pretty bad sport. Its almost like bowling which caused 9/11
>>
>>54216386
thats not tax evasion, bitcoin isnt currency
>>
>>54216212
99% of cash transactions aren't used for illegal purposes
more than 90% of BTC transactions are used for illegal purposes

there are no practical uses for BTC other than illegal shit, you're welcome to prove me wrong

>invest in trumpcoin
kek, I'm sure that it's just as reliable as trump university
>>
>>54216365
>do you think majority of people who have btc commit crimes and are the bad guys?
why else would BTC value tank right after a major pedo/black market site gets taken down?
>>
>>54216386
>>54216445
>person making baseless assertion puts burden of proof on others
wew

>implying bitcoin tumblrs efectively work around current bitcoin forensic methods
nice /blogpost

You're distinguishing bitcoin from other potentially dangerous technologies based on your perception that it is associated with crime. Even if it were true that the majority of users are criminals, It isn't a valid reason to stay away from it if it is useful for you.

>And there's nothing wrong with having a certain degree of control over the Internet, encryption, guns and knives. You are deluded if you think we should let people do whatever they want with these tools and still have a safe society.

google the substitution effect m8. there's no such thing as a safe society. restricting legitimate use just expands the black market availablitity of these technologies, defeating any intended "safety" effort.

>I'm not sure about sexism, that is mostly influenced by other cultural factors, but I am certain to a point that videogames do encourage violence, lookup every school shooter in the past 10 years, they were all addicted to violent videogames.
I really hope this is bait but if not, then first of all [citation needed] and second, no causal link can be established, and the vast majority of young people play video games in some form, its like blaming the previous generation's violent youths on rock music. faggot.
>>
>>54216523
[source needed]
>>
>>54216445
http://bitfury.com/white-papers-research

the billions invested in legit bitcoin applications and startups are really just people buying weed and CP online guys!!!!
>>
>>54216594

bro fox news and CNN bot told me its tru, how can this be?!?!?
>>
>>54216523
Why would they take down silk road right after the value went up? Many people knew about it. So why would even congress talk about it? I think BTC is a very convenient way to get stuff on the internet. I can pay somebody in Asia to write a few lines of code with BTC, which he can later use in his local supermarket, for example.
>>
>>54216393
people he linked to I think. makes more sense. >Bowling should def be illegal tho
>>
>>54216695
> I think BTC is a very convenient way to get stuff on the internet. I can pay somebody in Asia to write a few lines of code with BTC, which he can later use in his local supermarket, for example.
Where can you find programmers that accept BTC?
>>
>>54216806
I said for example. But it can be done if more people start using it.
>>
>>54216806
>what is openbazaar comissions/contracts
>>
It's too slow and takes up too much hdd space to be practical in every day use, unless you let banks handle it for you, in which case you're back at square one.

It's only used by 2 types of users:
>Druggies
>Investors

The investors is what has driven up the price. The investors is also the people shilling for it, since they could make money.
>>
You'd expect a tech community to know better, but no, it's just a bunch of clueless retards scared by the concept of bitcoin. Consider killing yourself gamer kiddies, or fuck off back to /v/
>>
> technology board
> windows users calling out neckbeards
> bi-hourly circlejerks
> muh keyboards

Jesus Christ this board is shit.
>>
>>54217173
>takes up too much HDD space
what? use a wallet like electrum, it doesn't take any hdd space, there are 'light wallets' but you obviously wouldn't know shit as you're just sprouting nonsense
>>
All i know is that they are pretty unattainable unless you have a ridiculous amount of time, computer muscle and luck.

Most of the people actually mining these days are in russia and china or whatever and run grids for that shit.
>>
>>54217173
>doesn't understand how nodes work or who uses bitcoin
>>54217188
what'd u expect from an indonesian multimedia subreddit?
>>
>>54217241
or you could buy some at a low price point
>>
It's very cool. It opens up a lot of doors that wouldn't be possible with traditional, centralized payment systems. It has a long way to go before it would be suitable for everyday use by people other than techies, but in the long run I believe it will either beat out the competition in a lot of fields, or inspire other fintech innovations that do.

The one thing it definitely won't do, is simply die out anytime soon, unless something catastrophic happens like the internet going down or some critical unfixable exploit being found. The use of bitcoin has been steadily increasing since the inception and is showing no signs of slowing down, especially in the fields where it can benefit the users the most compared to current alternatives, like casual international trade of digital goods like gaming items, black or gray markets, remittance and trade in poorer countries where many are mostly unsupported by what we take for granted here in the west such as banks and credit cards.
>>
>>54216386
>but I am certain to a point that videogames do encourage violence, lookup every school shooter in the past 10 years, they were all addicted to violent videogames.
but I am certain to a point that sneakers do encourage violence, lookup every school shooter in the past 10 years, they all wore sneakers

that is correlation

nigga EVERYONE plays violent video games. Cowadooty is one of the most popular games. If you're a male in school and you don't play games you're a minority.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.