[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMD kicked out of their headquarters by a company looking to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.jpg (116 KB, 1231x723) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
116 KB, 1231x723
AMD kicked out of their headquarters by a company looking to build apartments.
>>
File: amd-on-ropes.jpg (73 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
amd-on-ropes.jpg
73 KB, 640x360
How much fight do they have left in them?
>>
>>54214635

A long while. Intel will literally give them money to keep them afloat, otherwise it will become a monopoly. AMD isn't going to die because Intel won't let them. They're just doing CPR on their bloated corpse screaming they're still competitive.
>>
>apartments
disgusting

http://www.cityofirvine.org/community-development/new-residential-dwellings
By the looks of it, Irvine doesn't have any laws in place regarding requirements to build sufficient parking for residents and visitors.

So it sounds like that prime real estate is going to be a shitty hovel where people can't find parking, like every fuckin'-where else in the Los Angeles county
>>
Every wii ever made was amd, 100 million units. What the fuck went wrong?
>>
>>54215357
they have every console this gen dont they?
>>
AMDniggers BTFO

hope this piece of shit company goes out of business sooner
>>
>>54215391
why? so you can get gouged by intel and nvidia who will have no competition?
>>
>>54215464
At least we'll have better components than what we have now.

AMD is doing a disservice to the technological market by offering their shit tier, inefficient components, that goes without saying we won't have anymore AMDNigger shitposting. which is a blessing in itself.
>>
>>54215357

They have razor thin margins.
>>
>>54215500
>At least we'll have better components than what we have now.
Not without competition, they won't.
>>
AMD just aren't doing much straight up consumer stuff anymore

It is still the patrician brand for anyone who is /g/
>>
>AMD dies
>Either a new tech company joins in or Nvidia and Intel get split up

Either way we will get an actual competitor instead of a piece of shit company that gives no reason for Nvidia or Intel to stop jewing and innovate
>>
>>54215522
Intel and Nvidia aren't going to stop innovating, they already could stop improving their products since AMD's shit is utterly useless, yet, they keep pushing the envelope.

Back to your containment thread AMDnigger.
>>
>>54214697
Competition is a dynamic and ongoing process. Just because one company has 90% market share with no serious competitor in sight doesnt make it a mobopoly. When they escalate prices restrict supply or just stop delivering quality products they open the market for a competitor to come in and beat them.
>>
Fuck, such a shame that an American company is going through that. RIPIP
>>
>>54215584
>utterly useless
>Maxwell cant into dx12
>price to performance
>Polaris
>Zen
Use that razer mouse of yours to crush your testacles, Ameritrash
>>
>>54215357
All the money goes to the fabs which AMD doesn't own, so they only make cents out of those chipsets and since the machines are busy they can't use them to make chipsets that actually turn in profit or pay more money for more machine and more wafer which are limited in quantity to begin with.

This is the reason why Nvidia declines every small chipset offer, it just no profiting enough when they could be instead using those said wafers for server/workstations chipsets that turn more than 200% profit.
>>
>>54215590
Not so true in the tech industry. If a company gets big enough they can just buy the competition or shut them down
>>
>>54215267

You dumbass, Sunnyvale isn't Irvine. That neighborhood is what passes for the barrio in Sunnyvale, it'll have parking.
>>
Sony did the same thing last year and everyone said they were doomed
we all know how that turned out
>>
While I hate being stuck with a 280x and all at the moment, I'm going to say that I don't want AMD to just fall. I want them to be there just so nvidia and intel don't take over the market and get too nasty. And god knows they would.
>>
>>54215860
>>54215590
Any new competitor would have to have a similarly huge wallet and talent pool, but it is possible for companies like Google to get tired of Intel server CPU prices, or sense the wariness of everyone else, and enter the market.
>>
>>54215772
Bullshit, nvidia was salty as fuck when they lost Sony to amd
>>
>AMD does not own the Sunnyvale property. W.P. Carey, the New York-based real estate investment trust, acquired it in 1995 for $95 million, so the deal shouldn't be seen as an example of a fading giant trying to raise cash. But the space differential for what AMD is seeking highlights the shrinking of the once-profitable chip pioneer, which has shed 2,000 employees since 2011, leaving it with 9,100 today.

>wow it's fucking nothing

Su is cutting expenses, that campus probably costs many multi million $ to lease each year
>>
>>54217664
Alright, guess all those millions in revenue Nvidia made after switching from being a Video Gaming Graphic cards seller to a Server/workstation are just fake.

Face it, Geforce cards are just the bottom of the barrel, chips that don't past QA, Chipsets with a severely amount of SM not working.
>>
Wow, they're like Jeb Bush of tech world.
>>
>>54218624
Where not talking about the transition of consoles to server grade components.
You said that nvidia declines every small chipset because it does not make any revenue, as a reply to someone doubting how amd is not making money with all those consoles that are being sold with amd components.

Which is why I called bullshit since this isn't true, if it was true then nvidia wouldn't had been so small about Sony picking amd over theirs.
>>
Fucking phone, I meant 'were' at the start of the sentence. And anal instead of small.
>>
>>54214697
No longer a monopoly. ARM chips have reached 64bit processors. AMD will disappear and be bought out.
>>
>>54215584
>intel
>nvidia

>innovating

Hue
>>
14 nm pilaris vs 16 nm pascpoop. Maybe their CPUs are not the best, but they are plenty good value. My 8320 and HD 7870 are still going strong after like 3 years. Meanwhile my buddys gtx 770 he spent so much more on is a joke performance wise now.
>>
>>54219247
>You said that nvidia declines every small chipset because it does not make any revenue,

Thats, right.

Are you even aware how things work?

Nvidia would have need to invested money into a new APU architecture and CPU, that cost houndres of millions, it's not like they could just have slapped a Tegra into those consoles.
>>
>>54219358
>it's not like they could just have slapped a Tegra into those consoles.

If they can fuck over their own fanboys with 3.5, I won't put it past nvidia to fuck over consoles with some shitty Tegra.
>>
>>54219381
Do you even own a GTX 970?
The 3.5GB thing isn't even a problem.
>>
>>54219398
>The 3.5GB thing isn't even a problem.

0.10 deposited into your account.
>>
>>54219412

I sure do love AMD shills who don't even own the card I do telling me how my cards has problems.

By the way, even the 390 with its almighty 8GB can't do proper frametimes and has frame pacing issues, typical case scenario of gaming on AMD cards but I bet you don't even complain about that, you just don't know better so for you this is something normal.
>>
File: 1432777775214.png (228 KB, 400x514) Image search: [Google]
1432777775214.png
228 KB, 400x514
>>54214612
Goddamn it AMD, stop sucking so hard.
>>
>>54215500
>At least we'll have better components than what we have now

There are "people" that actually believe this.
>>
From many CPU and GPU company.
Soon it will be only one that exist in the market.

I want to hear from both side seriously, is this good or bad? Because never before this happen in the industry.
>>
>>54219536
Terrible because it means it is easier for the dominant player to screw with users. For example Intel owns the rights to HDCP, what is stopping a malicious DRM system from being built into their chips?
>>
>>54219358
You're twisting the argument mang.
It is bullshit because you said that they quit because of no revenue.
Which isn't true because they would not had been so pissed off for losing the entire console market if that was the case.
>>
https://youtu.be/aSYBO1BrB1I

Nvidiots are on suicide watch!
>>
File: BANKRUPT.png (46 KB, 552x446) Image search: [Google]
BANKRUPT.png
46 KB, 552x446
RIP AMD
>>
>>54219877
Because it would cost them more money than they would make out of the deal.

Learn to basic math.
>>
File: nigger.png (31 KB, 989x528) Image search: [Google]
nigger.png
31 KB, 989x528
>>54220497
>>
IT'S OVER, AMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
>>54219877
Nvidia has moved from video games graphics cards because they are low venue not because they don't make money, those are not their main market anymore because they can make more more on other sectors, Intel is doing the same with computers now.
>>
>>54218787
I always thought of AMD as Bernie because reddit loves them so much and gives them all their money despite the end result being a foregone conclusion.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.