[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Indians like object oriented programming and other memes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12
File: hire-java-developers-3-638.jpg (79 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
hire-java-developers-3-638.jpg
79 KB, 638x479
Why do Indians like object oriented programming and other memes like XML and UML so much?
>>
>>54202846

Because it's buzzword soup and the more buzzwords a meme encompasses the more one can hide inside the bullshit.

Ever interviewed an Indian? 100% of the time they machine-gun spray you with buzzwords and marketing lines for every answer, hoping they'll hit the target like an inexperienced shotgun shooter.

Every question is a barn and every answer is 1000s of buzzword shotgun pellets, hoping to hit enough of the target to make you think they know something when they definitely know nothing.
>>
File: patricianaf.png (337 KB, 1079x1307) Image search: [Google]
patricianaf.png
337 KB, 1079x1307
>>
>>54202846
indians don't like computing

they like money

specifically, your money
>>
>>54202918
confirmed
>>
>>54202846
Because they are too stupid to write asm and c code
>>
>>54202918
>T420
This desu. I've never met an Indian who was good at coding.
>>
>>54203007
I have never met an Indian desu.

We don't really have Indians in Finland, which is nice. Though muslims are invading and shit.
>>
>>54202949
>no calculus
>no linear algebra
>no ai
>no crypto
>no probability
>no stochastic processes
>no combinatorics
>no graph theory
>no algorithms (wtf?)
>no programming paradigms
>no computability theory
>no compilers
>no parallel programming
>no distributed systems
>>
>>54202846
idk man but having an Indian teach me is the main reason I gave up at programming. No one could understand the teacher which caused a bunch of us to fail the class and there where 25 computers for 35 students. Fucking bug eyed kid took mine and the teacher sided with him, he looked like a Pepe.
>>
File: 1461284044491.png (644 KB, 630x562) Image search: [Google]
1461284044491.png
644 KB, 630x562
>all the indian hate ITT

Stay jelly, losers!
>>
>>54202846
because they are employed
>>
There is one Indian guy in my company and he seems good in iOS dev.
>>
>>54203079
>calculus
>not analysis
>>
>tfw you will never be Indian
>>
>>54203487
>seems
>good in iOS dev
Are you that Indian?
>>
>>54203079
Useless shit for 90% of the jobs out there and you know it, except for algorithms. Sad but true.

>>54203453
Pretty much this.
>>
>>54203079
>>no calculus
1+1=2
>>no linear algebra
x is 1, 2, 3, linear
>>no ai
10 PRINT "HELLO "
20 PRINT "HOW ARE YOU TODAY? "
>>no crypto
let a=1, b=2, c=3, etc
>>no probability
let a=50%, b=50%. odds 50% of achieving either a or b
>>no stochastic processes
gesundheit
>>no combinatorics
apple + pear = applear
>>no graph theory
might be graph, might not be graph
>>no algorithms (wtf?)
wtf indeed my frien
>>no programming paradigms
i program with my legs crossed and listen to music
>>no computability theory
my frien we can all use computer
>>no compilers
what is compiler
>>no parallel programming
put computer next to other computer
>>no distributed systems
one computer is in next door down

hello thank you
>>
File: memehand16.png (1 MB, 1135x1010) Image search: [Google]
memehand16.png
1 MB, 1135x1010
>>54203548
>>
File: india.png (1 MB, 968x629) Image search: [Google]
india.png
1 MB, 968x629
>>54203429
>>
>>54203557
>Useless shit for 90% of the jobs out there and you know it,
Holy shit, Indian detected.
>compilers are useless
>programming paradigms are useless
>>
>>54203572
Sides in orbit.
>>
>>54203600
Are you going to write a functional-language compiler while working on some CRUD website in some generic company/enterprise, my dear retarded friend?

No wonder Indians are stealing your jobs.
>>
>>54203510
Not very useful for CS

Probably a better idea to study more of some other math than analysis if you want more than the bare minimum.
>>
>>54203784
No, but I'm going to use a programming language which will probably either follow some paradigm or have a compiler.

Glad to know you're a retard, pajeet.
>>
>>54204023
You don't need a full course to know what's the difference between imperative and functional or how to operate a compiler, retard ;)
>>
>>54203429
doesn't mean there good
>>
>>54202846

If you have a mastery of the skills mentioned you ll be making top money no matter if you stink
>>
>>54204072
Sadly, I have to agree. Being too ambitious will most likely get you into trouble (happens to graduates all the time).
>>
>>54202846

- OOP is amazing for doing actual production code. It's ill suited for hobbyists.

Everyone likes OOP, it's not an Indian thing.

- Things like XML are also amazing, because it's the easiest way to quickly and easily test interactions with APIs. You just use curl and send whatever you want to the testing (or production) end points and verify.

Perfect for unit testing.

The only issue here is the failure of NEETs and students on /g/ to understand why certain things are frequently used.
>>
>>54205746
>OOP is amazing for doing actual production code. It's ill suited for hobbyists.

Wrong. What's good enough for production is good for a hobbyist.
>>
>>54205746
My favorite definition of OOP, which you won't find in books teaching it, is that it's basically a way of outsourcing low profile work to cheap subcontractors, so you don't have to pay costly analysts for doing monkey code.

It's not supposed to be "productive" or anything they try to sell you when advertising OOP. It's supposed to be cheap. That's why Indians "like" it so much.
>>
>>54203572
what the fuck kek
>>
>>54205820

Perhaps, but OOP at it's core is designed with code reuse in mind, and ease of maintenance and long term support without relying on singular 'wizards' who hold the arcane knowledge behind a particular piece of code.

Most hobby stuff isn't in that tier. Python is a hobby language or for prototyping, Java is for complex work.
>>
>>54203557
Tru dat. Most "programming" work writing glue code. In larger enterprises it's filling in boxes paint by numbers style.
>>
>>54206013
>there wasn't code reuse before they invented java
>>
>>54202846
>Methodologies
>UML
>>
>>54202846
>java
Why can't this fucking language just die?
>>
>>54202962
>indians don't like computing
>they like money

From what I understood, it's the easiest way for them to legally leave their countries and go to the west.

>>54203079
This

>>54203429
Most of them are third or second generation westerners.

>>54205746
>- Things like XML are also amazing, because it's the easiest way to quickly and easily test interactions with APIs. You just use curl and send whatever you want to the testing (or production) end points and verify.

Also because there is a parser for every platform out there that will read XML and produce a nice simple tree that can be used with standard tree algorithms.
>>
>>54203429
>Nokia going down the shitter after microsoft bought their phone division and took a giant poo on it
>speaking of microsoft, they are down in sales
>adobe basically irrelevant right now since all of their products have gone down the drain
>Google getting sued
great businessmen we have here.
>>
File: TheMoreYouKnow.png (284 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
TheMoreYouKnow.png
284 KB, 600x396
>>54206419

>>"there wasn't code reuse before they invented java"

It's called an example: It's a rhetorical device used to give weight to specific arguments.

In this case, the example provides two different types of programming languages, one heavily OOP, the other a dynamic scripting language, to help the reader understand the difference why enterprise code might have difference requirements than hobbyist code.
>>
>>54207158
but oop isn't even a good way to solve that problem

also enterprise really isn't a good place to look for quality code
>>
>>54202846
JSON > XML
>>
>>54208866
autistic the post
>>
>>54208886
> herp derp look how retarded I am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vw2CrY9Igs
>>
>>54202918
Have interviewed Indians, confirmed this is accurate. I do work with some legit smart ones, but I've seen this more than once and worked with my share of derps. This one group would take months to produce broken shitty code that anyone could have written in two days. Their response to project managers: "if you understood Java you'd understand why it takes so long." Note they are the ones that insisted on Java in the first place.
>>
>>54202991
>implying you could write anything more complex than fizzbuzz in assembly
>>
>>54209346
>implying you need assembly for anything longer than fizzbuzz
>>
damn. so much hate for indians. does the tech community in the western world really despise indians so much? I'm going to the states for cs grad and now am worried that i'll be an outcast.
>>
>>54206013
>OOP at it's core is designed with code reuse in mind
When has OOP ever helped you with code reuse?
>>
>>54209391
Keep in mind this is 4chan, so it's nowhere near representative.
>>
>>54209391

Just write good code.
>>
>>54209391
>I'm going to the states for cs grad and now am worried that i'll be an outcast.

Probably
>>
>>54209434
>>54209437
Yeah I intend to write good code. I can empathize with some people here because I interned at a relatively decent place and worked with a ton of fellow indians and was a bit surprised at the standards they held for code quality.

>>54209445
>probably
well shit.
>>
>>54209391
only Americans, they feel threatened, because Indians cucked them out of their jobs. I haven't even seen one.
>>
>>54209391
Just don't stink of curry-poo and have some semblance of organization in your code. You will stand out amongst all others.
>>
>>54209476

The good thing however is that there will always be an other Indian at your school and lab to give you work and grade you favorably. That's how you guys managed to stay in comp. sci for so long.

You will then do the same once you are in a position to help with admissions, and be able to help your countrymen to leave the country and secure visa to the west.
>>
>>54209520
holy shit man. I just wanted a good education and to write good code. I have no intention of ever participating in any sort of favoritism. If I ever manage to run into you I hope I'm able to overturn your sentiment by letting my work speak for itself.

Anyway, I think I'm not welcome here so I'll just leave. Sorry.
>>
>>54209391
Not really, 4chan is just super racist.
>>
File: CgBiTX3WQAAcazA.jpg_large.jpg (42 KB, 550x552) Image search: [Google]
CgBiTX3WQAAcazA.jpg_large.jpg
42 KB, 550x552
>>54209633
It's just a meme brah.
>>
>>54209612
Damn brah don't leave, roll with it. If you had one eye we would call you a one eyed faggot. You're Indian so we'll call you a curry fag.
>>
>>54209612
>I have no intention of ever participating in any sort of favoritism

That's how your people make it to the west and stay there. It's more like a survival strategy
>>
>>54203548
is that matthew santoro in 5 years?
>>
>>54209727
what you are offering him is basically to become a class clown or gtfo
>>
>>54209797
I'm saying we call everyone a faggot of some sort. So gtfo white knight faggot. Now I'm a rude fag.
>>
>>54209848
I've been to HS, I know how this works. If he accepts that role, he'll become a walking anecdote, a meme not even aware things can be different.
>>
>>54209267
>I do work with some legit smart ones, but I've seen this more than once and worked with my share of derps
So like people of other races then.
>>
>>54206013
You have bought the fucking OO dogma so hard. It's a counterproductive paradigm. The priority should not be keeping code around, that is how projects grow out of control and couple so slightly that reusing one component means reusing EVERY component.
>>
>>54210662
*couple so tightly
>>
File: 27365.jpg (34 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
27365.jpg
34 KB, 500x369
we are java experts here for job interview
>>
>>54202846

Because they are basically in the 90's over there still.

Not even joking. Most of them have rigs that are cobbled together and running pirated 7.

Education is fucking terrible. Everything that we've built up over the past 30 years, they are just now getting watered down versions of object oriented philosophy.

Also its easier to teach than actual full-blown software engineering. Abstraction is inherently an easy concept to teach and understand because, by design, it uses real world examples to solve complex problems. Much easier for pooloos to understand than something like "okay, who here can explain to me endianess and why you should give a damn?"
>>
>>54202846
They like OOP because it's easier to reuse existing shit and the barrier to entry is lower than C/C++/C#.
They like Java because the market is still huge due to legacy cruft but most new developers are learning better languages.
>>
>>54210808
C++ and C# are also object oriented.
>>
>>54209391
i interview shits like you that come over with a bullshit 4.0 GPA from some curry school and you come over here to go to grad school not knowing shit. stay the fuck home h1b1 nigger
>>
>>54210776
dear sir what is job
>>
>>54210836
I had to deal with these types while I was doing my MS in CS. Absolutely useless people. They didn't belong in higher education, period.
>>
>>54209391

>>54210805 here

Don't be an ass. Be open to both criticism and new learning. Realize that people will think you are retarded because you are brown, and break the stereotype by actually putting out half-decent code.

Also, remember that if you decent to stay and take a job here, you'll become one of us: you'll hate outsourced curries just as much as we do, senpai. And god damn, are they bad.
>>
>>54210865
I can't even get them to code a basic fucking class. Mention recursion and their heads explode. Waste of my fucking time.
>>
>>54203576
Please tell me this is fake
>>
>>54202846
Why do sane people like object oriented programming and other memes like XML and UML so much?
>>
>>54203079
protip: this is not a computer science course but a computer applications course. You don't need these math to become a programmer.
>>
File: imgres-1.jpg (8 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
imgres-1.jpg
8 KB, 256x192
>replaces staff with indians
>IP theft
http://www.ibtimes.com/indias-tcs-fined-940-million-us-trade-secrets-lawsuit-2355025
>>
File: 1404676593676.jpg (52 KB, 685x320) Image search: [Google]
1404676593676.jpg
52 KB, 685x320
>>54210852
j2ee,spring,agile,xml ,hibernate proficient englisH .
>>
>>54210925

>sane

Bullshit. Thinking like a human to solve computer problems is the reason why we have hundreds of high market penetration applications out there that take upwards of a minute to "get things ready for you".
>>
Because they don't form their own opinions and don't want to

They just stick to what they are taught, and what they are taught is based on prevailing opinions in business, because their education is employment oriented

Need of business: Hundreds of high-turnover amateurs need to be able to collaborate on the same project without fucking shit up
Business uses "meme" software
Result: Experienced programmer draws up documents and diagrams, everyone else uses XML/java/some OO shit so they can't step on each other's toes too badly
Business uses software praised by solo programmers and small teams like lisp, C, go, etc
Result: Inexperienced programmers create a horrible piece of shit that won't compile and can't be saved without a complete do-over or five

Oh yeah, you could always hire more competent programmers, but those cost more money
>>
>>54211001
IBM is a dying company. They have no choice but to outsource to dollar-an-hour panjeets in order to placate pissed off shareholders, but it's really just a delay of the inevitable for them.
>>
>>54210925
XML, despite losing popularity, does make sense. UML on the other hand was always a futile academic exercise that no one in the industry ever took seriously. Most kids working at startups have probably never even heard of UML to begin with.
>>
>>54203429
>not buying products from only White technology companies
>>
>>54202846
>OOP
>meme
Holy shit. How did you manage to turn on your computer?
>>
This guy is intellect dripping down at every second. I doubt there is anyone smarter or wiser than him in the world. He is the epitome of intelligence. I think he is the greatest Indian of last 10-25 years. Maybe greatest Indian since independence, maybe greatest human since Gautam Buddha.
>>
>>54210170
Don't be mad prajeet
>>
>>54202846
Because they don't have a choice but to conform. Their only wish is to earn money and leave their shithole.
>>
>>54209391
If you're traditional to the stereotypes described in this thread prepare to be hated.

If you're smart and honest about what you know and to the degree you know it, shower daily, and have a good work ethic rather than passing off everything with "kindly do the needful :^)" then people will like and respect you.
>>
>>54211057
Tata isn't an IBM company (Indian secret stealers), nor is Epic (the Wisconsin based company that Tata stole secrets from).
>>
>>54202846
>object oriented programming and other memes
You imbecile,almost every programming language is object oriented.
>But yeah i hate Indians,every Youtube Tutorial is a fucking Indian,who cant speak english.
>>
>>54209764
Stefan Molyneux. He is making arguments 24/7
>>
Indians are fucking gross. Are they too stupid to shower? Is there running water in India?
>>
>>54218761
Not an argument
>>
>>54202918
Indian here, can confirm. I've seen people write "Fluent in Windows 2000, Xp and 10 " in their resume like it makes a difference.
>>
>>54219445
Kill yourself cuck.
>>
>>54203079
Its CA not Csc, they're two different streams. One is arts and the other is engineering oriented.
>>
>Most of them are third or second generation westerners.

No they are not. Pichai isn't and a lot others aren't.
>>
File: 1460807663054.jpg (46 KB, 671x665) Image search: [Google]
1460807663054.jpg
46 KB, 671x665
>>54210888
I once saw one sitting in the computer classroom with earbuds plugged into the computer and playing music from the computers built in speaker (desktop).

Indian master student = retarded curry
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.