[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw chip cards has almost completely been phased out now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3
File: contactless.gif (7 KB, 305x176) Image search: [Google]
contactless.gif
7 KB, 305x176
>tfw chip cards has almost completely been phased out now
>contactless is available literally everywhere
what a great times to be alive
>>
>>54199927
>contactless
enjoy no security
>>
>>54199994
>look mum I posted this again
>>
>>54199927
>never buying anything worth more than a few dollars

How does it feel to be poor?
>>
>>54200018
>buying more expensive stuff in shops
Large groceries or fancy stuff is always to be purchased online. You are only getting scammed in street shops.
>>
>>54199994
Wgas, my bank indemnifies me for any purchase made fraudulent. Imagine that burgerlandfan88. Not being ripped off every second youre alive in your shit country.
>>
>>54200033
You never go to a bar? Never eat out at a restaurant?
>>
>>54200119
actually no, I don't
>>
>>54200133
but then how do you find sloots to bang?
>>
>>54200033

Do you buy your clothes exclusively online or something? How do you know if anything fits?
>>
>>54200140
Got one in my house. no need for more
>>
>contactless nowhere to be seen
>credit card acceptance near zero
>can't even pay with EC in supermarkets for anything less than 10EUR
t-thanks mercuck
>>
How I can trust the YouTube or other sites that the videos are no from government or intelligence but are really from who is write there?
>>
>>54200087
>my bank indemnifies me for any purchase made fraudulent
And how long does that process take?
>>
>>54200147
Companies like Ellos (Northern Europe) allows you to try on the clothes then ship it back if it doesn't fit or any other reason you don't want it.
>>54200033
>You are only getting scammed in street shops.
Where I live it's not effective to buy groceries online because they upmarket the cost of products massively due to the "luxury of buying online", and add extra fees.
>>
>>54200087
My bank says it's my fault and doesn't care
>>
>>54200189
>Ellos
hade inte hört talas om fan va praktiskt
h&m aldrig igen
>>
>>54200189
>Companies like Ellos (Northern Europe) allows you to try on the clothes then ship it back if it doesn't fit or any other reason you don't want it.

If I want a new shirt to go to a party on Saturday night then I can buy it Saturday afternoon and know it fits. Online isn't always more convenient, and with the deep discounts in many clothes stores (like TJ Maxx) it's not even always cheaper.
>>
>>54200230
>Online isn't always more convenient
Of course not, and I don't believe that was his argument in the first place, just the possibility.
As for price it matters where you live more than anything. Here its on par (if not cheaper) than buying in a physical store.
>>
>>54200148
She must be bored out of her life if you don't take her out.
>>
File: kanye-west-laughing.jpg (133 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-laughing.jpg
133 KB, 600x423
>>54200265
Jamal does that while OP is at work
>>
>>54200296
>having niggers in your country
I'm so sorry...
>>
I live in the UK, in a rural area.

Nobody I know has a contactless card.
No shop I know of accepts it.

>Literally everywhere
>>
>live in US
>what OP says is true

>go to canada for work (just got a work permit)
>everyone uses contactless cards
>much faster than inserting the chip + pin

for fucks sake US banks put the chips back in
>>
>>54200438
What kind of shithole do you live in?
I'm from Northern Ireland and contactless is almost everywhere.
>>
File: Capture.png (112 KB, 1360x977) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
112 KB, 1360x977
>>54200438
>>Literally everywhere
this, lol

haven't seen a single contactless terminal here in Germany
>>
>>54200459
So in order to not be classed as a shithole a place must have easy access to contactless payment?

That's your requirement?

I live in West Wales, it's a rural area like I said.
>>
>>54200459
Irish saying anyone else lives in a shithole

rather live in somalia tbqh senpai
>>
>>54200527
I'm not Irish
#triggered
>>
>>54200540
why live in such an awful place then?
>>
>>54200438
>>54200491
every shop, kiosk, restaurant and pub has them here since 2007 - poland
even the people behind the counter prefer contactless to chip-and-pin since it's faster and less of a hassle
at this point it would be easier to find a place that does not accept cards at all (rare pepe), than come across a terminal without contactless
>>
>>54200594
Yet shops in poland still charge you extra for the privilege of paying with card.
Or at least they did last time I was there 2 years ago.
>>
>>54200594
Still poland though, that's unfortunate.

Why don't you come over here and unblock my toilet?
>>
>>54200438
>in a rural area.
Are you fucking surprised? That shit always starts in the cities and trickles down. Theres more shops in my area that have it now than not.
>>
>>54200491
Why not just write each percentage next to the country or a graph 0-100%.

>that 10-50%
Whats the fucking point.
>>
>>54200438
>UK
>in a rural area.

It still shocks me how rural rurual UK is. Literally stepping back in time. Sure the scenery is beautiful but I have no idea how people live there.
>>
>>54200616
>Yet shops in poland still charge you extra for the privilege of paying with card.
They don't.
Beep beep and it's done.
>>
>pay contactless
>1% cashback on any purchase

I BE LOVING THE CARD
>>
>>54201075
>tfw remote rural villages are the only place without mudslimes, faggots, chavs and general degeneracy
>tfw no fucking jobs there

suffering
>>
>>54199927
why the fuck are there two threads about contactless card payments right now? I smell shills
>>
>>54201078
I think I was told I will pay 2.5% extra for my 30zl purchase I was trying to make.
>>
>>54201110
Was it a small store? Maybe the owner pulled that out of his ass, just to scam a foreigner.
>>
>>54201135
I'm Polish but I was using paying with British card. It was some small computer shop.
I was told I will have to pay 2.5% even before I showed my card, so I don't think that was the case.
>>
>>54201152
I think that was the case if he saw you were polish and mentioned the fee before you even showed him a card anon.
>>
>>54200616
they don't

>Or at least they did last time I was there 2 years ago.
then you where cheated
>>
>>54200618
you're not better than me, and given that my children don't have mandatory cultural exchange vists at the local mosque I think we will be just fine...

are men in gb really so dandy that they can't do a simple house work like unclogging the drain?
>>
>>54201508
Why bother when a polish will do it for me.
>>
>>54201574
well if you want to pay a polish foreigner the equivalent of 4 hours of your work to get your sink unclogged in 15 minutes of his work... Yea, I recommend you offload all the work requiring thinking or skill to more qualified people.
This attitude sheds some light why uk went down the road it did...
>>
>>54200152
>hello I wish to be tracked with my meta data purchase !!!!
>>
>>54199927
I like it, however contactless is cancer in a way that it or next technology will kill cash.
A cashless society is a society you dont want to live in.
>>
>>54200018
But there isn't any upper limits to NFC payments. I just bought some new clothes and paid the 350€ with my phone using NFC. Contactless terminals are so common I don't even remember when is the last time I actually inserted my card into the terminal.
>>
>>54201717
>unclogging drain
>unclogging sink
These are two entirely different things in the uk. No one calls a plumber to unclog their sink (actually some do but usually these people are filthy rich)
>>
>>54201840
But phone with nfc and contactless card are not the same
>>
>>54201887
there are two types of contactless transactions: online and offline

offline is quicker, and store processes them at the end of the day
you don't see them immediately in your account history, it allows yout to go over the limit
>>
>>54199927

>having your card charged to the hilt by a walk by punk with a configured cell.

enjoy the info theft retard
>>
>>54201887
But no one was talking exclusively about contactless cards.

>>54202025
>look at me I'm shitposting
>>
>>54200509

>Expects his paki corner shop to accept contactless.

Oh come on.
>>
>>54202253
Polish shop near me accepts it
>>
>>54202645
He said Paki, not Polish. That's quite a difference.
>>
>>54200491
A L D I
L
D
I
>>
>>54202837
Kek. Tesco in uk, 5 niggers waiting at self checkout paying with vouchers, credit card and cash, and shit, 10 extra minutes for each nigger canceling items when total exceeds their voucher value.
Aldi, 10 people in queue, total waiting time 3 mins. People pay cash or debit card. There literally no niggers at my local aldi.
>>
>>54202945
Aldi and Lidl are actually good and their stuff is equally if not better quality than Tesco's.
>>
>>54203333
Quads of truth
Never said they are shit
>>
>>54200087
>not being ripped off
>60% of your salary goes to the governshits
>>
>>54202668
Yep, Pakis are somewhat human while Poles are just plain subhuman. Seriously I can't fucking stand Poles, literal shitters who should be genocided.
>>
>>54203599
edgy
>>
>>54200087
Rekterino
>>
>>54203599
t. mehmet
>>
>>54203333
Lidl is pretty fucking based tbqhwyfam. They came to Finland and cucked the existing duopoly cartel. they sell the exactly same shit in different packaging and at least 30% cheaper.
>>
>>54200491
I'm Czech, can confirm. I almost never use cash.
>>
>>54203571
>being in debt your whole life
>>
>>54199927
got that backwards
>>
>>54200230
TJ Maxx for mens clothing is terrible

If you want socks or something , sure. otherwise...
>>
>>54200230
Literally every company in 1st world have a returns policy. If you dont like something you can usually return it for full refund
>>
>>54203908
>being in debt to the government your whole life
>>
>>54203763
Yea man. I did exchange there and was shocked by how much cheaper lidl was. Selection can be a bit limited at times tho
>>
>>54200188
Literally seconds.

>Process transaction, transaction denied.
>Receive text message from bank asking if potentially fraudulent transaction was legit, respond YES or NO.
>Re-process transaction.

If your bank/credit card issuer doesn't provide this kind of service, it's on you for bothering to do business with them.
>>
>>54205725
No, you pay taxes upfront.
>>
>>54199927
>tfw americans tried to replace contactless with bidirectional QR codes,

>they failed at that too.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.