[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your view on RFID chips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: rfid-chip-obamacare-300x300.png (106 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
rfid-chip-obamacare-300x300.png
106 KB, 300x300
> A friend of mine who works for a well know tech giant told me that they will be mandatory in a few years "for national security reasons" Is this true?

Are we all fucked?
>>
>>54134950
You're just extremely paranoid senpai. Put the weed and LSD down. You'll live.
>>
it's half paranoia; mass populace won't require them- people will rally against them.

Buuuuut many jobs will be allowed to require them, and like hell they will require them.
>>
>>54134950
>Not implanting a block zero reinscriptible rfid chip.
>>
>>54134974
>You're just extremely paranoid senpai?

Are you paying attention to the news lately?

link:http://www.disclose.tv/news/nbc_news_all_americans_will_receive_a_microchip_implant_in_2017/115801
>>
What's the difference between this and your smartphone already?
>>
There will be riots because "muh mark of the beast"
>>
>They don't know
>>
>>54134950
Who are you quoting?
>>
Why would you implant chips in citizens when you have smartphones ? They'll even pay hundreds of bucks to get spied on
>>
>>54135034
Touché anon
>>
>>54135010
>lately
>"prediction" from 6 years ago
dude
>>
>I wont put my hand over a high voltage AC transforemr and burn mine to a crispt the second they impalnt it.
SIN-less baby the only way to shadowrun.
>>
I'd get a programmable one implanted. These things have no internal power source, so it's not like they have gps trackers phoning home.
>>
>>54134950
It's already happening
>>
>>54134950
with arduino and 15 mins at instructables you can be someone else ;^)
>>
>>54134950
And how would that a capacitor maintain charge?
>>
>>54134950
They've been saying this for the past 10 years. It's never going to happen. It's just grandpa forwarding his junk mail again
>>
>>54135183
These are common with pets, basically nfc
>>
>>54135185
Keep thinking that...
>>
>>54135183
passive RFID tags can be powered by the reader
>>
File: 1418671980303.jpg (87 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1418671980303.jpg
87 KB, 700x700
>>54135243
Yes, I'll continue to retain the knowledge I have. You can continue to thrive off of paranoia cause you obviously enjoy worrying about fictitious the boogie man.
>>
File: 1440427881714_1.jpg (114 KB, 960x911) Image search: [Google]
1440427881714_1.jpg
114 KB, 960x911
All tinfoil hat conspiracies aside I think they're extremely useful for identifying people. With an implanted RFID chip you can prove airports/law enforcement/medical agents enforcement your identity with a simple scan. I still believe that they should only be implanted by choice, forcing them would cause too much panic and tinfoil conspiracyfags to sperg out en masse despite the chips only being used to identify individuals by authorized agents.

A useful scenario would be someone being rushed into the ER due to some accident unconscious. Medical agents would scan the person and determine if they have allergies/blood type/age/family/ect.
>>
>>54135010
>Lately
>Uploaded on May 28, 2010
I hate this retarded board.
>>
>>54135185
What are the RFID chips in student's clothes from UK or US?
http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/biomedical/ethics/goodbye-roll-call-hello-rfids
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/10/child-tracking-wristbands-dystopian-future-ces-2014?CMP=ema_565
>>
>>54135222
Humans are next.
>>
>>54135316
You don't have to pierce the skin for that, just design universal slots for chips inside watches for man and put chips in earrings for women....
>>
SINs are the future!
>>
Tell me what country so I know if I need to leave, or not visit
>>
>>54135010
Top kek, you would have a better chance of confiscating all guns over implementing mandatory rfid chips
>>
RFID conspiracy theorists are the biggest fucking retards out there i swear

>hurr tha gubbamint is gonna put tiny chips that can store minimal amountof information and basic sensors in people!! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!! oh and it can only be read from less than an inch unless GUESS WHAT goverment has alien lasers that read chips from thousands of miles DURRRRR

what's the point of RFID if everyone already has a smartphone and a credit/debit card

smartphone
>precise location
>fingerprints
>current pulse of user
>all calls and messages logged
>won't ever be abandoned because people are addicted to them

card
>purchases history
>tracking movements

not to mention the current push for integrating smartphones with credit cards (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay)

on the other hand we have RFID which offers
>uhhhhh
>>
>>54135434
Those can be lost or damaged. Seems more convenient and safer to just implant the chip on someone's hand. They'll probably become smaller than a grain of rice as tech advances and will cause 0 discomfort if implanted. I suggest implanting them in the hand because putting your hand near a scanner seems more sound that putting your skull or foot on one.
>>
>>54135502
you can throw out a smartphone / use tor, and you can leave your card at home to flee, but you can't flee a RFID chip you moron
>>
>>54135500
Please explain yourself sir.
>>
>>54135502
This desu.

Why use force to control the populace when coercion works better?
>>
>>54135558
okay, how exactly RFID helps with tracking people? Non-battery powered tags can only be read from 2-3cm, powered ones from around 100 metres

Besiedes, if you don't live in a complete shithole, throwing your phone out won't do much if there are at least two CCTV cameras pointed at you at any given moment
>>
>>54135531
Yes goyim, yes submit to your overlords, find arguments to sustain their agenda.
Not everyone is retarded like you to lose their stuff, I barely lost anything my whole life.
You can easily fix that problem by setting up a high fee for retards that constantly lose their shit, also what would it cost to make a RFID chip like that.. few peanuts.

Your logic would've worked in communism where resources are managed by the system but in capitalism they can just tell people to buy their own chips but in the same time make them mandatory.
>>
>>54135569
It's impossible in our current political climate to mandate rfid chips for all citizens. You would have to go full dictatorship to make it happen
>>
>>54135630
>Non-battery powered tags can only be read from 2-3cm, powered ones from around 100 metres

Toll roads can read your car's rfid from well over 3cm away. Try 10m.
>>
>>54135646
In a capitalist system they'd use clever advertising and some useful features to make a tracking device desirable.

>oh wait
>>
>>54135502
That's great for normal sheeple but the govt is more Interested in enemies of the state who would most likely know about those kind of things. Why have partial control when you can have absolute control?
>>
>>54135690
that's still pretty terrible for watching someone's movements, and the case you pointed out is pretty much the only one where it'd actually work (only on major roads)

to make it work in a city, you'd have to have such powerful reader mounted on every other house
makes literally no sense, especially if a free wifi hotspot would give insanely better results, and we have plenty of those already
>>
File: 1451997754882.jpg (81 KB, 541x458) Image search: [Google]
1451997754882.jpg
81 KB, 541x458
>>54135646
>Yes goyim, yes submit to your overlords, find arguments to sustain their agenda.
Never said they should be mandatory. RFID implants should be available to those that want them.

>Not everyone is retarded like you to lose their stuff, I barely lost anything my whole life.
Most mouth breathers are pretty dumb and careless, you can almost guarantee like 50% of them will lose their phone/jewelry with RFID implants at some point.

>You can easily fix that problem by setting up a high fee for retards that constantly lose their shit, also what would it cost to make a RFID chip like that.. few peanuts.
Or you can save people the headache and implant the stupid chip in their hand once and almost never have to worry about lost RFID chips.

>Your logic would've worked in communism where resources are managed by the system but in capitalism they can just tell people to buy their own chips but in the same time make them mandatory.
No I think the government should pay for them (ie our taxes) so more people will get one and airport/law enforcement/medical agents can have an easier time identifying people.

However like I said they should NEVER be mandatory, if people don't want them, leave them be.
>>
>>54135793
>ie our taxes
No, you mean MY taxes, my family's taxes, and my friends taxes.

None of which should be going to a tracking system. Especially one that would be redundant in 99.99% of cases when a goddamn phone would be sufficient.
>>
Haha, "enemies of the state"

Like any state cares about national security and not just making stock owners richer

Its time to go full REE
>>
Alex Jones and other lunatics have been saying that shit for years. It's not going to happen any time soon.
>>
>>54135793
dAMN redditor cam down I won't read all that shit.
You've used anime picture so you're probably dumb... no reason for me to read what you wrote back.
>>
>>54135015
You have the choice not to use a smartphone. You can also leave your smartphone at home. If you get a chip, it will probably be implanted in your brain or deep in your chest where cutting it out means certain death.
>>
>>54134993
I actually hadn't thought of this.

'Important' companies and institutions will require them for 'security reasons'. It will make circles of power even more impossible to deconstruct from within.
>>
>>54135838
>No, you mean MY taxes, my family's taxes, and my friends taxes.
Everybody would be helping not just you.

>None of which should be going to a tracking system.
It's not a tracking system you tard, just an identification system. What, you think these tiny ass chips will be able to send gps coordinates every second, heart rate, blood preassure, record sound, send your thoughts to the NSA?

>Especially one that would be redundant in 99.99% of cases when a goddamn phone would be sufficient.
They would serve as a permanent ID (completely optional) with brutal durability. The only realistic way you would be able to damage or lose your chip would be to have your hand chopped off or tamper with it by cutting your hand open.

These chips would also greatly help medical agents better assist people gravely hurt by ID'ing them in like 1 second. There is no guarantee someone will have their phone/jewelry with them at all times. You don't have to worry about this with an RFID implanted in someone's hand.
>>
>>54136022
>Everybody would be helping not just you.
And what makes you think anybody supports your idea? Much less the spending of their taxes?

>It's not a tracking system you tard
Neither were phones, but they ended up just the same.

>They would serve as a permanent ID
The point of which is your name, and various health problems, i.e. shit that could be written down on a card
>b-b-b-b-but I might lose it!
Tough shit, maybe you should be more careful.

If it is completely optional, it should be the onus of the individual to pay for it.
>>
>>54136090
>And what makes you think anybody supports your idea? Much less the spending of their taxes?
It does sound like a neat idea desu.

>The point of which is your name, and various health problems, i.e. shit that could be written down on a card
scanning shit into a computer > reading a stupid card

>Tough shit, maybe you should be more careful.
Nigga we're talking about the general populace not amazing human beings such as yourself.

>If it is completely optional, it should be the onus of the individual to pay for it.
This would discourage people from getting an implant. The implants would ultimately be very useful in the long run imho. Look people wouldn't even have city sewer systems/police in countries if they had to pay for them. It's better to offer the optional implants for "free".
>>
>>54134950

No way this will be mandatory in the US. Maybe the the eurocuck zone.
>>
>>54136216
>No way this will be mandatory in the US. Maybe the the eurocuck zone.
It should never be mandatory anywhere, hopefully even eurocucks won't make the implants mandatory. While I do believe they can be extremely useful I am against forcing them on people. Yeah you'll look like a massive pleb when 90% of the people around you with the implant find out you don't have one but you'll be free to be one.
>>
>needing RFID chips when everyone has fucking voluntarily decided to carry around tracking devices everywhere they go (phones)
I love how you idiots will rage and be up in arms about implanted RFID chips but still willfully carry around your fucking tracking device toys.

FUCKING IDIOTS.
>>
>>54136306
I don't have a smartphone you retarded idiot, and the old phone I use that can only be tracked trough triangulation is mostly closed down and rarely carried with me.
I also bought the SIM cards anonymously and change them periodically, I tell other people to buy them for me.
From my position RFID chips are retarded and I will oppose them no matter what.
>>
>>54134950
>> A friend of mine who works for a well know tech giant told me that they will be mandatory in a few years "for national security reasons" Is this true?

you can also get Pichu in pokemon blue if you spend 10 hours circling your house in the first city.
>>
If I wanted a pointless gimmick embedded in my skin I'd get a tattoo of your mom.
>>
File: marcus-aurelius23-400x230.jpg (15 KB, 400x230) Image search: [Google]
marcus-aurelius23-400x230.jpg
15 KB, 400x230
The jews are trying to push it. Hard. Notably and obviously the Rockefeller and Rothschild.

https://youtu.be/LGcatieMvfk

Aaron Russo tried to warn us a couple of years back. Now dead of cancer.
>>
We have some seriously paranoid cucks in here.
>>
>>54135082
This anon gets it.
>>
>>54134950
One time a man on the street handed me a DVD with a two hour presentation about how RFID chips in your hand were predicted by the book of revelation. There was a song about "don't give in to the mark of the beast."

There was also a song about how "god made man/man made money/money made man mad." There were hand gestures.

8/10 Would recommend watching street crazy dvds.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.