[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty uni thread, I'll start >Pajeets everywhere,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: url.png (5 KB, 151x114) Image search: [Google]
url.png
5 KB, 151x114
Shitty uni thread,

I'll start

>Pajeets everywhere, whole school smells like poo
>go to class, curry
>professors hand out grades
>employers litterally throw away CV

Fuck my life senpai.

BSc, Comp Eng. ~ Kings College London ~ Class of 2015
>>
File: wat.gif (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
19 KB, 200x200
> Computer Science
> super easy
> courses full of retards who joined math or cs and can't do either of those things. So, they waste everybody's time asking the same shit over again
> no cute girls
> in San Francisco right now on an internship
> boring shit
> talking to the same old people all the time over and over again about how great they are

think ill drop out.
>>
>mfw I go to UCL
>i dont understand all the KCL hate

What am I missing? Seems like a good Low tier elite or a very high tier mid range uni.
>>
>>54093016
nigga what
uw is full of qt asians
>>
>>54093122
I'm a white guy who doesn't like asians :(
>>
>>54093016
>Full of cute Asians
>Get employed anywhere as soon as you graduate
>"shit"
>>
>>54093016
>CS
>super easy

I'm guessing you're still in your first or second year?
>>
>>54093160
it's fucking boring. the people are boring and the courses are easy. not ideal.
>>
>>54093173
starting 4B next month.
>>
>>54093160
Same with OP.

Heres the real thread name
"oxbridge rejects complain about their top10 uk unis"

Shuttup assholes. atleast you're not paying fuckloads of tuition for a 150ranked school in the us like I am. It fucking sucks.
>>
File: new-paltz-SUNY1.jpg (6 KB, 160x105) Image search: [Google]
new-paltz-SUNY1.jpg
6 KB, 160x105
>8,000 students
>liberal arts school
>most popular sports are croquet and badminton
>gender fluid bathrooms
>man bun hair style by the hundreds
>>
File: Uni.jpg (725 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
Uni.jpg
725 KB, 1456x2592
>>54092944
Yeah I used to study Maths with Management and Finance at KCL, but I hated the course and I hated the uni, so I ended up restarting at Soton doing Maths with Comp Sci, and now I couldn't be happier(:
>>
File: 1429676214994.png (141 KB, 2048x1206) Image search: [Google]
1429676214994.png
141 KB, 2048x1206
>>54093016
>>
>>54093196
>gender fluid bathrooms
does this shit really exist in america? I though it was only tumblr nonsense.
>>
>>54093221
That'd be a shitty (You), KCL is better than waterloo.
>>
>>54093232
Waterloo Canada.
>>
>go to Worcester Polytechnic
>electrical and computer engineering
5/5 bretty gud :DDD
>>
the majority of people studying comp eng at my uni with me didnt even like the field. their advisers told them that job prospects were good, so they signed up in droves. none of them even fucking program in their free time
>>
>>54093231
no, only at extremely liberal university with a lot of fruity people
>>
>>54093232
Canada dumby
>>
>>54093243
Alright, KCL is still better than waterloo canada.... your point?
>>
>>54093273
Waterloo is fucking dope though
>>
>>54093273
nobodys arguing it you dumb nigger.

kcl is a lot closer to a shity ivy than waterloo. not compairable.
>>
>tfw go to highly ranked university
>tfw still filled with smelly pajeets and cheating asians
At least the college has p good name recognition in this region
>>
>>54093297
Which college?
>>
File: 1457812007538.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457812007538.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>54093016
Are you fucking stupid
>>
>>54093289
no

Waterloo >>>>>>>>>>> KCL in both ranking and in fun.
>>
File: georgia+tech.jpg (205 KB, 1167x775) Image search: [Google]
georgia+tech.jpg
205 KB, 1167x775
>>54093306
Georgia Tech
>>
>>54093310
what?
>>
>>54093327
very nice
>>
File: gt.png (40 KB, 532x235) Image search: [Google]
gt.png
40 KB, 532x235
This is fucking weird. Can't find this thread on my desktop.

>horrible profs
>horrible ta's
>feel retard most of the time
>too shy to ask anyone for help because of crippling insecurities

>>54093327
Yo nigga
What up
>>
File: 1444701320926.jpg (267 KB, 1073x1428) Image search: [Google]
1444701320926.jpg
267 KB, 1073x1428
University of North Carolina at Charlotte.

CS program is a fucking joke. Weekly rallies held to tell white men how unwanted they are in the tech field, posters up all over the school telling you to make your female friends change their major to CS and to take gender studies courses online this summer.

Literally spent an hour and a half in a required computer science course last week listening to a fat guy talk about how """positive""" discrimination is REQUIRED to be an ethical employer in 2016
>>
>>54093324
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>54093416
Not him but UW is a great school
Ez jobs ez money
>>
In heading down to Virginia tech in august for CompE. Anyone one have any advice for the area?
>>
>>54093377
GT dropout here. Six figure income after 4 years of code monkey work in Roswell startups is pretty dank desu. Fuck the pajeet school, get a github profile worth a shit and get paid.
>>
>>54093487
Roswell? Seriously? Never pegged Roswell for a six figure place, but guess anything's possible. Getting comfy in Alpharetta, but honestly I'd rather move somewhere with fewer Indians.

Think I'm just gonna stay in school desu. Should be graduating by next summer.

>get a github profile worth a shit and get paid.
What kinda shit should I be making tho, family?
>>
>>54092944
There are pajeets all over CS in England too? damnnn
>>
>>54093377
What up yo, working on a project rn
>horrible profs
I remember a semester where I honest to god couldn't understand a single professor because of their accents, it was fucking awful
Plus some profs don't give a fuck about the class bc they're mainly focused on their research and half-ass their teaching and expect you to know everything already, and criticize you if you ask questions (like my fucking mobile networks prof)
>horrible ta's
I have one particular class where one of the TAs is the biggest fuckface ever, overly critical of the shit I do in the lab. I just go for TA hours when the other chill TA is in
>feel retard most of the time
Everyone I know got internships and jobs at places like IBM or SpaceX or [insert huge Silicon Valley company here] while the only internship i've managed was some small company in the Carolinas where I code in VB and want to kill myself constantly. It's infuriating
>too shy to ask anyone for help because of crippling insecurities
I've never gone to office hours because I never know what to ask and feel like I'm wasting the professor's time, iktf. Plus I have like 3 "friends" (people I have class with and occasionally talk to) and they're all graduating this semster but I still have a year left. Guess I can go another year being a shut-in outside of class

>>54093487
I wish this college hadn't sucked every bit of joy I had in coding by having me teter close to a mental breakdown constantly. At least I've got 2 partial load semesters of senior design and classes like history of chairs to focus on projects that'll help me land a job
>>
File: 1438478390285.jpg (32 KB, 620x595) Image search: [Google]
1438478390285.jpg
32 KB, 620x595
>>54093447
>mfw you were probably born in '98
>>
>>54093542
Most of the jr work is backend webfag, but if you're capable of porting shitty in house pajeet code to useful mobile platforms you will never be unemployed or poor again. Good luck with school techbro.
>>
File: central michigan u.png (338 KB, 1048x1024) Image search: [Google]
central michigan u.png
338 KB, 1048x1024
anyone here from MI, went to pic related. School is a fucking joke and the town is even worse.
>>
File: sfsu.png (145 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sfsu.png
145 KB, 400x400
Currently attending pic related.

The CS program is okay, at least it is not infested with SJW instructors and doesn't have any leftist ideology shoved down our throats (pretty unexpected, considering this is in San Francisco). Those are left to the liberal arts courses.
>>
File: logo.jpg (26 KB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
26 KB, 234x200
>>54092944
Pretty shitty... We have a bunch of Pajeets, niggers, and asians in ours, but our professors are not bad. I just feel like I learn more by just self study. Been doing alot of Github stuff, personal sites, and probably alot of hackathons next semester.

Tried to go into tech, but I got a C in physics and was not able to go for CS... Can't tell if that makes me dumb, but I found my classes pretty easy and ignore them till literally the last day of b4 tests and look over the slides for Easy As.
>>
>>54093377
In state, but I heard stories. A couple of friends that still attend tech told me to literally do one on ones with professors and do alot of self-study. Hope that helps
>>
>>54093571
Is it just me or does the entire campus browse Reddit?
>stare at peoples computers because I'm fucked in the head and I like staring at screens
>it's always Reddit or Facebook
>occasionally the kind of guy you think would post in desktop threads, but nope he uses Reddit too (not like there's a difference between ricerfags and reddit though)

>half-ass their teaching and expect you to know everything already
My main concern is the fucking textbooks. The language is too fucking obtuse to be understood easily and chapters can drag on for hundreds of pages. Shit gets complicated as fuck and they constantly bring up different terms to refer to the same thing. They could definitely be written better, but no one gives enough of a fuck to do that or properly summarize it for classes.
>only internship i've managed was some small company in the Carolinas where I code in VB and want to kill myself constantly. It's infuriating
Damn... If it makes you feel any better, I'm planning on dragging my internship out as long as possible so that my boss feels morally obligated to hire me once I graduate.

>>54093621
Sounds pretty cash. To be honest senpai, I hate codemonkey work, so the less I have to do that, the happier I am. Kinda glad that I'm moving into devops, but I have no idea what to expect once I land a full time job.
>>
>>54093297
>>cheating asians
The fuck is it always asians though, they cheat their dick off on everything.
>>
File: Michigan_Wolverines_Block_M.png (14 KB, 851x612) Image search: [Google]
Michigan_Wolverines_Block_M.png
14 KB, 851x612
Hail. EECS.
>>
>>54093602
thats correct
>>
>>54093122
>>54093160
>qt
>asians?
Fedoras kisseless neckbeards and their asian anime fantasy
>>
>>54093122
>qt asians
lmao
>>
>>54093743
>only internship i've managed was some small company in the Carolinas where I code in VB and want to kill myself constantly. It's infuriating

Be lucky that you can get an internship. We have to compete with you guys to get a job in Atlanta and I know some people that can ace any job interview but get denied cause they are just from state.

>My main concern is the fucking textbooks. The language is too fucking obtuse to be understood easily and chapters can drag on for hundreds of pages. Shit gets complicated as fuck and they constantly bring up different terms to refer to the same thing. They could definitely be written better, but no one gives enough of a fuck to do that or properly summarize it for classes.

Read those, the "dragging on" is literally the small details that can help you understand alot of how the industry is run. I would actually recommend skipping class and reading the textbook instead as long as you have the discipline for it (besides Algorithms and PLC of course).
>>
File: 37907114_m_20160417_174126.jpg (75 KB, 360x600) Image search: [Google]
37907114_m_20160417_174126.jpg
75 KB, 360x600
>>54092944
Dude everytime I was in London it was qt azns fucking everywhere, no designated street shitters anywhere. Mind you that was 3 years ago but that stuff doesn't change that fast... Or does it Pajeet my Son?
>>
>>54093766

and to think the term "Wolverines" was a derogatory term used by people from Ohio as an insult towards people of the Michigan territory .
>>
File: 200px-UIC_Circle_Mark_Red.png (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200px-UIC_Circle_Mark_Red.png
8 KB, 200x200
university of india and china reporting

the fucking engineering building permanently smells like curry now that they started accepting every poojet that applies for the masters program.
>>
File: LogoReversedBlue.jpg (29 KB, 300x171) Image search: [Google]
LogoReversedBlue.jpg
29 KB, 300x171
who /uoft/ here?

waterloo bullies need not reply
>>
>>54093862
>university of india and china
>building permanently smells like curry now that they started accepting every poojet
>university of india
>now that they started accepting every poojet
>now
wut
>>
>>54093884
it's university of illinois at chicago, but it's filled with chinks and curry niggers.
>>
>>54093862
They have to let in the rich internationals to balance the budget. Illinois doesn't fund their schools for shit.
>>
>>54093817
Yeah, reading those books is a fucking chore, but gotta do them anyway. I think I'll start setting aside entire days for reading them from now on.

>get denied cause they are just from state.
Now that's just straight up bullshit. I know plenty of smart, capable, dedicated people that go to State. I think GA as a whole gives Tech too much credit.

Anyway, take care man. Great talking to you guys.
>>
>>54093141
pussy is pussy dude tf
I know a couple qt Asians there too
>>
>>>/b/
>>
anyone know anything about the CS department at NYU?
>>
>>54093879
I know some guys in cs there, how is it?
>>
>>54093743
>I have no idea what to expect once I land a full time job.

If you are white or asian then you will begin life as a codemonkey who fixes pajeet's abortion of a contract job. It's going to suck hard desu, but if you stay on top of your shit while turd polishing you will be able to job-hop for respectable pay. Do not stay in the same place for more than two years unless you're getting immense raise/bonus/head from your managers.
>>
>>54093196
Damn almost when there too.
>>
>>54093974
Had a friend go there. He dropped out first year in journalism..
>>
> Small school
> No SJW
> No Prajeet
> Foreign students are mainly from Europe
> Good teachers overall
> Program is structured so that weak students get kicked out during the first and second year
> 100 % of students perform a paid internship in engineering (you HAVE to in order to graduate)

Would recommend.
>>
File: 220px-KAIST_2014_new_logo.png (6 KB, 220x62) Image search: [Google]
220px-KAIST_2014_new_logo.png
6 KB, 220x62
>90 marks for A grade
>less than 70 marks=fail
>fugly koresn everywhere
>racist old farts(young korean are cool tho)
>still barely understan wtf they're saying despite 2 years preparatory korean classes
>only few people understand english, even less peole who could actually talk
>Classes were taught in Korean despite nomimally english is the lingua franca, at least at post grad level
>grunts (USFK personnel) giving bad name to all caucassian. Just because I'm white, they automatically thought I'm a rude redneck
>>
How to talk to Asian girls on campus?
They just hang around their Japanese cliche and speak Japanese and giggle at whitu piggu
>>
>>54093946
we get the curry niggers that couldn't get in anywhere else. the past year they over-enrolled to the point that there were no seats left in grad courses which usually have a limit of 30-40 seats and rarely surpassed 15 students enrolled per course.

i even asked them why come here when northwestern is a much better school and it's next door, not to mention that the tuition is about the same since they have to pay out of state tuition. they told me outright that northwestern admission requirements are too high.
>>
>>54093975
The CS kids themselves are infamous for their bitching even though their courses are super easy.

And now they're super mad that the department added GPA requirements to the CS major

Hanging out with them is like
>boohoo I can't skate by with a D+ anymore!
>wahh I can't get a job with an empty resume
etc.
>>
>Mechatronic Systems Engineering at SFU

Prof quality all over the place, literal best in university and one in the bottom 10
75% Chinese, mostly loud cheating mainlanders with gorillions of dollars from corrupt parents making it so I can't afford to live anywhere but a converted garage
Campus is in the highest concentration of Pajeet city in Canada (Surrey BC)

Still better than UBC
>>
>minoring in telecommunications
>class is in school-of-business building
>pretty expansive lectures on businesses and networking
>go to required lab hours, expecting some fun indepth shit
>get a 7 page packet
>it's full of pictures
>ends up being "write down your IP address and the computer beside you"
>"Change the router password and connect"
>turn it in

THAT WAS IT
>>
>>54093879
>>54093975
... Is that the college the massive protest about men's rights? Oh fuck, good luck anon. Choose your friends wisely.
>>
>>54093817
>We have to compete with you guys to get a job in Atlanta

There are way more jobs than there are worthwhile programmers. Most of the pajeets graduating from Tech go on to get fired for being total incompetents and the "smart," ones go back into academia to continue fucking whites over with their accent.
>>
I was accepted to Waterloo for graduate studies in CS. Going to UNC for CS, how is it there?
>>
>>54092944
>Pajeets everywhere
>engineering school

What the fuck did you expect to happen?
>>
>>54094058
This is some ITT shit tier
>>
>>54094053
I'm Mechatronics too but I'm at a shitty SUNY school.
>>
>>54093988
Is pajeet code being shit just a meme or do they really not know how to program?
I've never had the misfortune of reading through bad code before. I've read literally one Indian's code and it wasn't bad.
>>
>>54094064
Hope you are right. I am seeing way too many smart hard mutherfuckers here not getting an internship till they graduate.
>>
>>54093447
Don't shoot it up
>>
File: logo.png (10 KB, 150x110) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
10 KB, 150x110
Superior community college reporting in
>>
>>54093187
>paying fuckloads of tuition for a 150ranked school in the us like I am

You deserve it. Go to a fucking state school, pay in-state tuition. Nobody gives a shit where you went to school. Accept it; it's for your own dick measuring.
>>
>>54094094
a meme, but some of them form these weird groups and just try to ride their success off the knowledge of eachother. What ends up happening is that most of them just don't learn anything
>>
>>54094102
>implying he would even try
>implying it's even worth trying to beat the high score
>>
>>54094090
SUNY?
>>
>>54094008
What are you doing there?
>>
>>54093766
What time is it?
>>
>>54094094
>Is pajeet code being shit just a meme or do they really not know how to program?

They know how to program like Jamal knows how to spell. You have a few outliers who do alright and the rest are exactly what you expect. I built my career turning pajeet jobs into functional products so in my experience most everything I've seen an Indian code has been unadulterated shit that wouldn't pass a laugh test.

>>54094097
>I am seeing way too many smart hard mutherfuckers here not getting an internship till they graduate.

Terrible idea they have desu. The degree does not make the resume these days. If I were talking to one of those poor bastards I would say drop out at least one semester and build a portfolio with something worth looking at. A retarded pajeet with a bootstrap landing page can get an internship in Atlanta these days. Anyone with a BS who hasn't worked looks like radioactive autism.
>>
File: reveille.jpg (51 KB, 736x731) Image search: [Google]
reveille.jpg
51 KB, 736x731
I am pretty sure that no-one else at my college browses /g/
>>
>>54094106
>the CS class of 2015 at my school took jobs with an average of 95k
>dick measuring
I guess objective benefits in recruiting, employment, and salary are dick measuring, then?
>>
>>54094213
>tfw don't want to do cs after browsing /sci/ and /g/

i just don't like programming

i enjoy problem solving but programming is too autistic for me to enjoy
>>
>>54092944
> falling for le stem meme
>>
>>54094231
>i just don't like programming
>i enjoy problem solving
>>
>>54094256
i don't like having to learn programming languages

it's very annoying to try to solve a problem or do something and not be able to do it because I don't know some arbitrary thing about the language that would make my whatever I'm doing a lot easier
>>
>>54092944

King's is a good university. You're not getting work because you're a cunt.
>>
>>54093705
I took Calc I at GSU. It left a little bit out but nothing so severe that I couldn't figure it out in Calc II. I think part of it was that the professor was having some really severe personal issues, planned on leaving the next semester, and just wanted to make the class easy on everyone.

My background is math, not CS, but what kind of stuff do you put on your github? I'm thinking of making one for my R tinkering.
>>
>>54094183
Mathematical modelling.

Csn't say more, but it have something to do with power grid
>>
Middlebury

Bourgeois as fuck. Can't wait to graduate.
>>
File: FSU_Seminoles_logo.png (62 KB, 229x228) Image search: [Google]
FSU_Seminoles_logo.png
62 KB, 229x228
Undergrad program is mediocre. Master's program is just as mediocre and full of Poojeets.
>>
>>54094275
Basically every project I ever done in GSU. But when I have the time I am also currently making a visual gui representation of every sorting algorithm with best case and worst case. It is a fun little miniproject I am working on while also learning C# in the process.

Also working on a game in gamemaker but that is hardly coding and I am still figuring out if I should put that on github.
>>
>>54094272
I understand what you mean, I'd rather have a code monkey scribe to write out what I am thinking
But writing out the program yourself shows the loopholes and whatnot in your logic
You WILL become better at solving problems

Plus an intro course is enough to get you started;
>not be able to do it because I don't know some arbitrary thing about the language
you make it sound like it's harder than it actually is
>>
>>54094302
Is UCF any better? Got accepted go this year
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 201x160) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 201x160
How is UNC?
>>
>>54094331
I guess it's because I'm dumb and because I don't really have an interest in it. I don't really have an interest in anything, I just went to college because I was expected to and am doing cs for no real reason.
>>
File: McGill-Logo.jpg (997 KB, 7649x1800) Image search: [Google]
McGill-Logo.jpg
997 KB, 7649x1800
Anyone in Engineering?
>>
>>54094352
Some will say its program is, but I think FSU provides a better overall university experience. UCF has like 20,000 more students, I think, which I find a little obnoxious.
>>
Any UMassD?
>>
>>54094381
I see niggers around here wearing caps with that logo on it. Now I know what it means.
>>
anyone else from here?
>>
>>54094395
>I don't really have an interest in it
>doing cs for no real reason
What year are you?
It might be that you're bored because the courses you've taken so far are just intro
There's got to be something you're interested in
>>
File: RIT-Logo[1].png (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
RIT-Logo[1].png
86 KB, 500x500
> RIT
> Computer science

jk, it's awesome
$99k job lined up for after I graduate in a month
>>
>>54094431
Where you at?
>>
>>54093991
I'm so glad I didn't.
>>
>>54092944
In the age of the Internet, is there literally ANY reason to go to college for skills that can be learned online?
>>
>>54094381
NCSU is /g/
UNC is pretty much /leftypol/
>>
>>54094053
>75% Chinese, mostly loud cheating mainlanders with gorillions of dollars from corrupt parents
Hongers*** But I don't mind cause some of the womyn are qt as fuck.

>Campus is in the highest concentration of Pajeet city in Canada (Surrey BC)
Holy fucking shit Surrey campus makes me want to kill myself. I swear to christ all the "buddy fawkin strait killz dundies" Screaming at the top of their lungs while normal people are trying to study quietly. Fuck Im glad most my classes are in burnaby but just studying there at night is making me Still better than UBC

>Still better than UBC
Preach it nigger. But I only really go here cause I don't want to drive all the way to UBC.
>>
>>54094411
Didn't bother applying to FSU since I've always seen it as one big party school, part of me kinda regrets not applying though
>>
>>54094513
ht is making me Still better than UBC
**is making me racist.
>>
>>54094482
yes, you need to learn how to learn.
You think you know, but you don't.
>>
>>54094470
canada lmao
>>
>>54094451
There isn't really.

I don't know why I'm like this.

Never been interested in anything or had hobbies.
>>
>>54093862
Sup bro. CS undergrad here.
>>
>>54094511
You go to NCSU?

>>54094550
LMAO
>>
>>54094395
Go get a third shift warehouse job. Builds character and gives you plenty of time to think about what you should be learning so you don't drive that forklift until the day you die.
>>
>>54093774
I was going to report you, but then I remembered you'd be 18 by now. Fuck
>>
>>54094599
Wolfpack everyday
>>
>>54094513
UBC mechatronics is a legit joke. Buddy of mine did it and it's literally one or two electives off of their basic mechanical degree. Even he admits it. Also no coop. So they just pump out engineers who have never seen a mill up close.

>qt womyn
You in the same MSE I'm in? There are like 3 qts tops, including the not Asians
>>
>>54094547
>Pajeet can't learn without a professor spoonfeeding him

You're gunna have to go back.
>>
>>54094520
It kind of has that atmosphere with how popular Greek life seems to be (although I think a little less than 20% of students are actually members) and football is. But I've met some very intelligent people here. I think there's a place for everyone here, but it takes some searching. But like I said, the academics are fairly mediocre, but you can't really except too much from a state school.
>>
>>54094644
>Greek life

That's the part I wish we had in Canada.
>>
>>54093624
umich reporting
>>
>>54094640
>I need coop to get a job
lol
>>
>>54094640
>MSE
wut?
I'm not in mechatronics, econ (/g/ is only my hobby) so it's like 99% chinese, but the women are probably less autistic looking then mechatronics no offence. I just meant SFU as a whole though, some seriously cute girls, especially the asians. Perphaps you are spending too much time in that shithole known as surrey.

Also what UBC lacks in practical skills and Coop, they make up in pretentiousness. Sure they never saw a mill, but can you tell everyone you go to UBC?
>>
>>54094707
For engineering, yes. Otherwise you get looked at like some kind of mongoloid that couldn't even land a QA job. Cue experience from UBC guy, took him over a year. I'm walking back to my old job programming flight trackers
>>
>>54094707
doesn't hurt mate.
Get money and relevant experience, stop being so butmadd UBC.
>>
>>54094745
>>54094788
I was kekking at the guy for needing his school to hold his hand. You can get jobs by going to career fairs, striking up conversation and reconnecting with the fucker on linkedin. Coop is for autists who can't do that.
>>
>>54094810
>I was kekking at the guy for needing his school to hold his hand. You can get jobs by going to career fairs, striking up conversation and reconnecting with the fucker on linkedin
Sure you can do that to compensate for going to a shit school, I imagine most companies don't try and recruit from community colleges.
Or you can just apply to closed positions to companies that recruit through your university.
one seems more logical to me.
Also side note.
>career fairs.
What is this the fucking mall your applying too?
>>
>>54094810
Idk man, kinda hard to make flight recorders at a job fair. Can't beat the connections of actually working at a place and making more commitment than a handshake. I didn't even use SFUs job listings, most find their own jobs anyway
>>
>>54094734
Sure you have better student community, but that's all you have
>>
> pajeets and chinese everywhere
> barely understand the profs because they are all eating curry every day
> dress code for exams
> students who can't code even though they are in their fourth year
> most profs are from shit-tier indian universities
> distributed systems class is literally a prof explaining how to use a certain Java API
> cheating everywhere despite ridiculously easy exams

and this uni is ranked 14th in CS worldwide, seriously I'm glad I'm only here for one semester doing exchange
>>
File: OiQ9RXnB.jpg (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
OiQ9RXnB.jpg
7 KB, 400x400
Post god tier unis now
Y'all jelly?
>>
>>54094847
>What is this the fucking mall your applying too?
idk but Google and Microsoft came and gave out free shit

>>54094854
way to put the cart before the horse fagtron

it's not hand shake vs. working for them, it's hand shake vs. blindly sending in a resume like a cuck
>>
File: 4379522_orig.jpg (37 KB, 864x576) Image search: [Google]
4379522_orig.jpg
37 KB, 864x576
>>54094200
i really wanted to go their but they denied me. Fuck them im going to a school that is equally ranked for just about everything. Pic fucking related.
>>
>>54094949
>y'all
nah
>>
>>54094954
>waiting for them to come to you

Just go to their office and hand in a resume, make an effort
>>
>>54095030
>just fly to mountain view
lmao
>>
>>54094006
I was going to go there at first but I'm at concordia instead in software eng. I like it. Jsuis francais but I can't fucking stand school in french.
>>
>>54094954
>Google and Microsoft
They go to everything lol
>>
>>54093231
yeah. lately some places have been relabeling single-person bathrooms to be gender neutral because, believe it or not, transgender people actually exist
>>
Anyone here go to Rensselaer Polytechnic?
>>
>>54095071
>Jsuis francais but I can't fucking stand school in french.

Québécois ou Français de France ?
>>
>>54095099
Saying your transgender doesn't make it real anon.
I can call myself an elf, doesn't ,make not just a human.

Also my school just has private washrooms for that, so I don't mind. Shit's cash for taking dumps in.
>>
>>54094006
yeah but's full of frogs, and situated in quebec.
>>
>>54095107
"quebecois" mais j'ai pas vraiment d'accent. Montrealais I guess. Btw what program are you in?
>>
>>54094949
I already started that up here >>54093766
>>
>>54094457
awesome pham, I was thinking about going thee.
>>54093705
>Georgia State
What did you expect
>>
>>54095131
>yeah but's full of frogs, and situated in quebec.

That's an intended feature. Thanks for pointing it out.

>>54095155
Je nomme pas le programme. "quebecois"... les Québécois ont pas d'accent :p

Concordia c'est ... ben, on en entend pas parler vraiment. Je suppose que c'est comme l'UQUAM mais en anglais...
>>
>>54095266
>That's an intended feature. Thanks for pointing it out.
rather go to school with pajeets.
>>
>>54095266
Yeah well, Poly is not exactly prestigious either lol, you can get in with <26 r score. I think mcgill/Concordia/Poly are all decent in engineering, mcgill having the best reputation/name recognition. But from what I've heard their software/comp sci program is not that great. Concordia's is more up to date from what I've heard and has a good reputation inside the industry (atleast in montreal). Plus I got an intership with the COOP at bombardier 2nd year so I can't complain.
>>
>>54095322
>rather go to school with pajeets.

You are free to do so. Better get used to them sooner than later !
>>
>>54095372
>Yeah well, Poly is not exactly prestigious either lol, you can get in with <26 r score.

That's because universities receive their funding based on the number of students. And -get this, poly has been doing this for years- Poly likes to admit a lot of new students and crunch them during the first year. Typically 25 % of the new students will leave on the first or second semester. To pay for the infrastructure, it has to admit a certain number of students.

>mcgill having the best reputation/name recognition.

Outside Quebec, sure. In Quebec it's considered not that good.

>But from what I've heard their software/comp sci program is not that great.

I heard it's shit. McGill is out of touch with the market. They cater too much to foreigners.

>Plus I got an intership with the COOP at bombardier 2nd year so I can't complain.

Good job.
>>
File: tandon_long_color.jpg (51 KB, 1031x160) Image search: [Google]
tandon_long_color.jpg
51 KB, 1031x160
Other than this school being bought out by a phjeet, what do you guys think?
>>
The only school worth going to in Montreal in McGIll. Get a degree and get the fuck out of there, shit opportunities in a contracting core city. No one ouside of Quebec cares about Concordia, or UdeM.
>>
>>54095422
>low requirement
>high drop out rate
>Outside Quebec, sure. In Quebec it's considered not that good.
>Staying in Quebec
I'd spit in your face if I met you.
>>
>>54095487
>The only school worth going to in Montreal in McGIll. Get a degree and get the fuck out of there, shit opportunities in a contracting core city. No one ouside of Quebec cares about Concordia, or UdeM.

If you like being stuck in an auditorium of 400 and having only one final exam for 100 % of the grade, go for it.

It's slowly getting more like a diploma mill. And it's just full of Prajeets.
>>
I fear people will die in horrible accidents due to the amount of cheating and curving done in all my classes.
:(
>>
>>54095540
>I'd spit in your face if I met you.

You are so tough on the internet. Pathetic.

>>low requirement
>>high drop out rate

It's a feature. They get money from tuition from all the drops out. They use it to finance classes and labs for those who stay.

Even Justin Trudeau got crushed by Poly.
>>
>>54095487
mcgill has the best reputation on paper, especially outside quebec, but for engineering experience is the most important. If you can get a couple of internships then no one cares about your degree anymore. This is especially true for Software.
>>
>>54095575
>>
>>54092944
>CS first year, probably specialising my degree in 'Cyber Security' next year
>Not really sure if I want to keep doing this
>Only doing CS because it seems like a safe degree with the way technology is always growing, and I'm sort of interested in computers/programming
>But tbqh I'm only at Uni because it's sort of part of the 'natural progression'
>School, high-school, uni, job, life
>All I want is to move out, work maybe three and a half/four days a week and start figuring out how to live life properly
>But I've been told no good jobs besides trade/labour work unless you have a degree so I guess fuck my life
>Jealous of the trust fund babies who can just take over daddies business or secure a nice job at daddies business without having to put any effort in at all
>Only international uni in the state so whites are literally the minority
>See tons of qt ethnic girls walking around though which is perhaps the only bonus
>CS classes are filled with socially inept kids who still get dressed by their fucking parents
>CS classes have no girls what so ever, except one fucking autistic, tourettes ridden ogre of a 'female' who complains about her anxiety and depression
>Live an hour+ away from my uni via public transport so every trip up there is a fucking struggle

Will this all be worth it in the end or am I going to waste the next three years of my life?
All I want is a fucking /comfy/ apartment somewhere and working a bearable, desk job for two thirds of the week. Would even move countries if it meant getting that life easier, probably would like it even better.
>>
>>54095838
>degree in cyber security
I stopped here.
>>
>>54095878
Lectures have said that they have employers begging them for their 'Cyber Security' graduates. It beats all the other options for employability;
IT, drop-kicks who want to work as the school IT guy
Straight Computer Science, won't get a job unless it's in research or similar
Software Engineering, probably going to be a bloated field plus by the looks of the cunts joining that stream it will probably be worth very little to an employer
>>
>>54093016
>Anonymous 04/17/16(Sun)21:20:52 No.540
Kek I was just in waterloo on a blackberry contract. Fun place.
>>
>>54095912
You'll benefit from getting into Computer Science going to Cyber security. You'll have a better safety net when you need a new job or lose it.
>>
>>54093919
one reason i opted not to go there. The other being fuck chicago.
>>
>>54095957
Yeah that's the idea, provides a bit more security (pun wasn't intended). But if all I want to do is get a small apartment and live solo do I really need a degree? I just don't know what sort of job I'd get with like 3 years of casual work under my belt, a decent set of grades graduating from highschool and a semester of Uni
>>
>>54095579
Justin Trudeau also gets crushed by immigrants every night, I don't see how your point matters
>>
:^)
>>
>>54093403
Reading that has physically hurt me.
>>
File: USydney_logo.png (41 KB, 674x267) Image search: [Google]
USydney_logo.png
41 KB, 674x267
>stupol elections coming up
>have to spend the next few weeks dodging socialists and radfems all running for the same bullshit policies
>can't even sit on the grass with a snack pack without being hounded to vote
>even though literally no one else gives a shit

just fuck me up fampai
>>
>>54093403
Get well soon
>>
>>54093327
>>54093377

Shit guys, I'm really considering going to this one. My only other option is state college though (ASU). Is it worth it? All I care about in the future is making more money and I'm fairly motivated in CS.
>>
>>54094901
Do you like pooping in the street?
>>
>>54095428
Ayy about to do CS there after switching from their engineering majors
>>
>>54096387
Can't say anything about ASU, but I haven't experienced any of the issues anons in this thread are wining about at UofA. Granted I've only taken 3 CS courses (skipped the introductory one by taking the AP exam). No pajets, good professors, good TA's, autists/normies ratio is something like 1/30, women to men ratio is something like 15/50. Plenty of retards though, but at the point where I'm at, most of them dropped out. Classes are reasonably challenging and fun. I'm so fucking glad I lucked out.
>>
>>54096594
Haven't seen U of A mentioned in this thread, you meant gatech? I'm pretty sure both ASU and U of A are chock full of pajeets but that's not really something that bothers me.
>>
>>54096387
>>54096594

Also, unlike the majority of CS programs in this fucking country, UofA is switching from java to python as their introductory language.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 317x159) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 317x159
If you want to make it in life. This is where you go.
>>
>>54096618
No, sorry for being incohesive. I didn't get any sleep today, so I feel like I'm moderately drunk. The reason I mentioned UofA is because you said that your only other option is ASU. I assumed you were talking about Arizona in general, and mentioned ASU to point out where you are from.
>>
>>54096618
The only reason I mentioned half of that shit in my post is because of how many times it has been brought up in this thread. I personally don't get why it matters so much who is in your class, as long as they don't waste time asking retarded questions.
>>
>>54093079
Its been the same guy, posting this same thread... for months.... Started right after admissions.

He got rejected, hes amd, and hes trying to hurt the reputation.... on 4chan of all places..
>>
>>54096520
How's the school?
>>
>>54093558
>not knowing India was part of the British Empire
Canadian education?
>>
>tfw my uni has barely any pajeets, despite being located in a city that's essentially pajeet-central
>>
>>54099240
>live in india town
>indians try to go for better ranking universities, partly because it's easier to get jobs, partly cause their parents whip them into it, and partly for the pride of it
>go to a school without indians
Sounds to me like you're at an average/mediocre school.
>>
>>54093255
comp engineering has almost nothing to do with programming.
>>
>>54099281
There are three universities in this city. The other two have a lot of pajeets while mine has (relatively) very few. The other two are average while mine is in the top ten (for CS at least). There are probably more chinks here than pajeets.
>>
>>54094547
underrated.
>>
>>54094601
A warehouse job will definitely light a flame under your ass.
>>
I'm going to a state school in Massachusetts for CIS. It's not bad, but I screwed up my first two years so I'll have to redo a whole semester's worth of classes. It'll get done. The demographics of my program and of CS general here is mostly white, around 90-95%. Sprinkle in some Asians and a few blacks. I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>54093879
Utsc here,

Why can't all campuses be friends
>>
>>54099845
>mostly white, around 90-95%.

That would be Massachusetts.
>>
>>54099967
Because of that, I've noticed that a lot of the people have a strange behavior towards minorities. Most don't have any kind of opinion and treat them as equal as they can, but the words they say and actions they take don't match what they say they believe.
>>
>>54093016
Any anons doing CE or EE at Waterloo? Is it any good?
>>
File: b.jpg (674 KB, 2925x600) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
674 KB, 2925x600
>Cs department very small
>Profs are really good in CS, really nice, care about teaching, but the department growth is stifled by other departments like history, etc., which are entrenched, and don't wanna give up their money
>number of majors has literally quadrupled over about 6 years, whereas faculty size has increased from 4 to 6.

trying to decide between 2 of the 3 next semester:
>robotics
>gis algorithms
>data visualization
>>
>>54093016
CS
there ur problem pajeet
go back to yaar land and poo
>>
>>54094457
good luck getting shot in Rochester by some slave
>>
>>54092944
Quit making these threads you autistic fuck.
>>
>>54096025

It was just a fun fact I was stating.

I don't take this university rivalry really seriously you know.

>>54096619
Are we the only one that uses C/C++ as an introductory language ?
>>
Is Open University worth it as a NEET?
>>
File: IMG_0645.jpg (595 KB, 1500x2000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0645.jpg
595 KB, 1500x2000
>>54092944
>>54093206

KCL REPRESENT

Protip to everyone: never, ever do a Philosophy degree (unless you plan on being some left-wing hippy loser for the rest of your life)
>>
>>54101606
It's my first year and I'm talking C/UNIX class. The introductory was still java though, but like I said, next year they are switching to python.
>>
>>54093016

Y A A R
A
A
R
>>
>>54104245
What are you going to do as a career ?
>>
>>54104245
my gf wants to be a teacher, want shitty degree would you think is least shitty?

Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy or English?
>>
File: 1454876311032.jpg (95 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1454876311032.jpg
95 KB, 447x444
>mfw this thread is the equivalent of girls on facebook posting selfies, calling themselves ugly when in actuality they're fishing for compliments
You don't know shit about shitty """""universities"""""
>>
File: NNPTC_Logo.gif (13 KB, 180x114) Image search: [Google]
NNPTC_Logo.gif
13 KB, 180x114
>>54092944
This place sucks donkey balls
>>
>>54105567
This, senpais.
>>
>>54092944
Why does this same faggot make this same thread every week?
I swear I've seen the same thread posted with the same picture complaining about the same thing every couple of days now for months.
Unless the whole uni is full of angsty CS majors who hate their lives I'm inclined to think its the same faggot who has nothing better to do with his life.
>>
>>54105567
>>54105628
post shitty schools then
>>
>>54094200
Hey Aggie bro
CS too?
>>
do all you computer eng,science fags cry when a physicist out ranks you in computing and coding despite thats what your entire degree is on? i mean google etc only want physicists, coder gays are to stupid to work out the problems when coding. like the way chinese people can't invent anything or make decisions but can carbon copy anything.
>>
Any Britbongs here at Lancaster Uni? How is it?
>>
File: TUOS_Logo_CMYK.png (69 KB, 1063x425) Image search: [Google]
TUOS_Logo_CMYK.png
69 KB, 1063x425
ANYONE IN HERE??!?!
I feel alone ;_;
Applied because Warwick didn't give me any financial aid, so i had to settle down for scraps.
>>
Anyone else here? CS okay.
>>
Leeds University. The. Come on...
>>
File: 1453048597640.jpg (62 KB, 549x549) Image search: [Google]
1453048597640.jpg
62 KB, 549x549
>>54106660
>UK
>China
>Malaysia
>>
say soup Yorkfigs, I know you're here
>>
>>54093016
>cum in the motto
Heheh
>>
File: 1460921659667.png (734 KB, 699x784) Image search: [Google]
1460921659667.png
734 KB, 699x784
>>54106763
>the """"""""""""""""""""university""""""""""""""""""""" of York
>>
File: me on the left.jpg (338 KB, 912x1600) Image search: [Google]
me on the left.jpg
338 KB, 912x1600
>>54092944
>>54104245
Living the meme
>>
>>54093122
>qt asians

Nigga that's an oxymoron. Then again if you grew up in Toronto (hands down the ugliest girls in Canada in case you haven't travelled much) then anything with long hair is hot.
>>
>>54106825
what on earth does that mean

whats with this new """""""""""""meme"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>54106740

Que?
>>
Enrolling in Physics at UBA this year.
>>
>>54105458
English, at least she can teach aboard.
>>
>>54105713
Its some faggot who couldnt get in.

He started posting these right after UCAS decisions.

An extreme case of sour grapes.
>>
>>54105034
I was a web dev for 1.5 years cos I did some CS modules in my first year (which I did at this place: >>54106660)

Then I quit for very stupid reasons, now I'm NEET, go figure.

>>54105458
I would say English, hands down. Teaching jobs at private schools require you to have a degree in the subject you want to teach. And English is a subject that is taught in every single school, while the others are not. Ergo I reckon English opens A LOT more job opportunities than the others.

>>54106840
Very nice, very nice. Got a job lined up yet by any chance? Also is King's good for CS?

>>54106660
I did my first year there. Philosophy degree but I did four CS modules. Had people like Steve Bagley and Dave Brailsford. I assume you've had both of them. They were good lecturers, I liked 'em.
>>
>>54107112
>Got a job lined up yet
Nah just been dossing about trying to figure out what I want to do with my life desu. Wheels are starting to turn now though.

>is King's good for CS?
Wouldn't really know. Turned up for the bare minimum of contact hours that I could get away with.
>>
File: ksu.jpg (174 KB, 773x727) Image search: [Google]
ksu.jpg
174 KB, 773x727
>>54092944
Kennesaw State University

>literally unheard-of
>horribly overcrowded
>split campus means driving 10 miles in atlanta traffic between campuses every day
>full of morons who couldn't get into better schools
>shit CS program, virtually no one can code
>easy af, have a 4.0

transferring to >>54093327, >>54093377 in the fall
>>
>>54106842
sad and true
>>
File: berkeleyLogo.gif (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
berkeleyLogo.gif
50 KB, 600x600
doing cs here next year, is it good? also is eecs there a meme? I might consider transferring to coe if it isn't
>>
>>54096594
Uark bro, only complaints are Pearson dicksucking
>>
>>
>>54094053
Who else took that MACM 316 exam on Sunday? That one TA was SOOOOO cute
>>
>>54107410
Which UC? They range from one of the best Uni's in the world(berkely) to some really iffy ones (merced)
>>
>>54107628
berkeley ^^
>>
File: ucla_logo.png (90 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ucla_logo.png
90 KB, 200x200
Dropped out after a year and a half. I can't handle classrooms.

Mostly self taught and making 80k a year at an MSP so I feel pretty good. Fuck school.
>>
File: 47042004.jpg (171 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
47042004.jpg
171 KB, 400x267
>>54093766
Best one.
>>
>>54104245
American trying to choose between UCSB and KCL. Both are funded with scholarships. UCSB would be a transfer into year 3 of 5 where as I would be a freshie at kcl.

Leaning towards KCL, and really fucked up my chances for UCSB (Withdrew from a class)
>>
>>54107264
>Nah just been dossing about trying to figure out what I want to do with my life desu.
I know that feel

>Wouldn't really know. Turned up for the bare minimum of contact hours that I could get away with.
What main languages did you do? At Notts I did C, Java, PHP and web stuff, some ARM assembler. I think Java was their main thing really, I think that's what most second and third years did their projects in. Haskell was taught there too. And I think you could take on some C++ and Obj-C if you wanted to.
>>
>>54107650
I chose Davis over Berkely because I wasn't feeling the crazy competitiveness. People will litterally fuck each other over to keep the class curved.
>>
File: a.jpg (30 KB, 400x168) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
30 KB, 400x168
Fuck this place.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.