[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 1460674265324.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1460674265324.webm
3 MB, 854x480
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
File: DS3+OBS+DD Crash.png (92 KB, 1326x831) Image search: [Google]
DS3+OBS+DD Crash.png
92 KB, 1326x831
Is there anything in here to help figure out why my display driver is crashing? The report is from OBS recording with VCE, the game was Dark Souls 3 but the display driver also crashed a lot when I played GTA5.
I thought it was a weak power supply but I put in a 750w and it still happens.
>>
Why does DDR4 have higher CAS Latency than DDR3?

Is it even worth investing into DDR4 right now?

Will it get better in the future?
>>
>>54066366
I too wondered this, its mainly for stability though since the base clock rate is 2133
>>
I cant figure out why my PC is so fucking useless when it comes to watch streams. Netflix, YT and twitch lag constantly even when Im using the lowest settings but if I use my phone I can watch anything in 1080p without a single hiccup. Same internet connection on both devices.
>>
So im streaming stuff over my wlan from windows pc to android phone and images are taking a while and some videos too to load. Whats the possible cause for this?
>>
W7. Hardly any of my thumbnails show. Ran ccleaner, combofix, other run of the mill stuff. Ran disk cleanup. Show icons instead of thumbnails is unchecked.

No clue what's actually governing this but I don't have permission to even delete thumbs.db so I'm guessing whatever actually creates them is at fault here.

Any ideas?

Google searches just give unanswered stuff or tell me to tick/untick that thumbnail box. Which I have.
>>
>>54066443
What are you using to watch streams on your PC? If you're using just a web browser then that's probably the issue
>>
>>54066460
Tried with Firefox and IE on my main PC and then even Safari on my laptop. Same deal. Livestreamer played through VLC and MPC also present the same issues.
>>
File: What am i even doing.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
What am i even doing.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
I dropped my S6 Edge in the toilet sink and it eventually turned off because it said it was over heating.

What do?
>>
>>54066490
optimize your wireless network. start by going on your mac and option+clicking the wifi button next to the battery life indicator at the top

then command+shift+4
take a screenshot of you channel and everything below that. you probably dont want to post your ip on 4chan but post your Tx rate and channel and noise in this thread for starters

go you have a netgear router? download their apps.

does your phone have wifi calling? is the call quality good?
>>
>>54066490
That's odd.
>>
>>54066294
Did that drier died?

>>54066366
CAS Latency has always increased with DDR revisions.
>>
>>54066445
logdroid

winblows

optimize your wireless network?
>>
>>54066449
Try this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/10797-thumbnail-cache-clear-reset.html
>>
Why is my friend obsessed with feminist video game critics when he doesn't play video games?
>>
>>54066579
Open all possible ports put the phone in a zip lock bag full of rice for 48 hours and if this does not work take it so Samsung.
>>
>>54066678
He could be a cuck that likes sjws
>>
>>54066732
problem glasses are sexy
>>
What sites to find info to decide on budget smartphone? Alternatively, what's the /g/ budget smartphone right now? A while back I think it was the 3rd gen motog or something.
>>
What can we use to protect our identity online besides an onion router and a borrowed (or a cybercoffee) computer?
>>
>>54066647
so you are saying streaming from gnu/ linux would be faster? How do i optimise my network? it seems to cap out at 700kilobytes per second for video but a 2Mb pic can take way longer to load

>>54066678
back ground info on friend? he / she? could be blinded by the media
>>
>>54066783
Moto G 2nd gen, or the best Xiaomi phone you can afford, their price/quality ratio is pretty impressive
>>
>>54066347
dude it says at the top where to go for help first of all...

How to re-register atiumd6a.dll from an elevated command prompt (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
Click the Start button.
Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
Click Yes.
Type the following command: regsvr32 /u atiumd6a.dll.
Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.
Type the following command: regsvr32 /i atiumd6a.dll.
Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file.
Close the command prompt window.
Re-start the program associated with atiumd6a.dll error.
>>
>>54066714
Don't really have the tools to open up the ports on this.
>>
>>54066942
In the Registry Editor, select the atiumd6a.dll-related key (eg. Radeon Video Acceleration Universal Driver) you want to back up.
From the File menu, choose Export.
In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Radeon Video Acceleration Universal Driver backup key.
In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Radeon Video Acceleration Universal Driver Backup".
In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
Click Save.
The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
You now have a backup of your atiumd6a.dll-related registry entry.
>>
>>54066907
Won't I get screwed by a shitty chinese ui or something with the xiaomi ones?
>>
So apparently my motherboard broke and I need a new one.

I have a question, is there any way to save my files on the HDD, or will I have to reinstall? What if I get the exact same motherboard? It'd be reaaally important if it was possible in any way.

And can someone recommend me a model, I'm kind of out of date with this. I just want something sturdy and preferably cheap, not gonna overclock or upgrade. My previous one was the Asrock H87 Pro4. My specs is i5 4570, GTX 770 and some Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB RAM.

I'm kind of clueless so I'd really appreciate any replies
>>
File: cpu_051.gif (11 KB, 872x432) Image search: [Google]
cpu_051.gif
11 KB, 872x432
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/how-a-cpu-works/3/

in this article he states that intel transmits 4 "chunks of data" per clock cycle and amd only transmits 2 "chunks of data" per clock cycle effectively meaning that intel processes twice as much data at the same operating frequency. now i couldnt help but notice that this article is over a decade old. does this still hold true? or is the guy who wrote this article completely incompetent?
>>
I'm a noob and I'm interested in using a Linux OS. Thing is, I don't want to stop playing vidyas. Should I do it? What distribution should I use?
>>
>>54066955
Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button.
Click Control Panel on the right side menu.
Click Programs.
Click Programs and Features.
Locate atiumd6a.dll-associated program (eg. Radeon Video Acceleration Universal Driver) under the Name column.
Click on the Radeon Video Acceleration Universal Driver-associated entry.
Click the Uninstall button on the top menu ribbon.
Follow the on-screen directions to complete the uninstallation of your atiumd6a.dll-associated program.
>>
How can I make Chromium's font look exactly like Firefox's? Both are supposed to be Times New Roman 16 but they look pretty damn different. It is just Chromium's own font rendering? Looks so... round.
>>
>>54066887
- disable plugins in your browser or make them click to play
- don't accept third party cookies and delete cookies when closing the browser
- on a related note, don't stay logged in to facebook/twitter when visiting other sites, the social media buttons can be used to track you
- use strong passwords and change them regularly (changing them is what most people never do)
- use ublock origin, possibly disable javascript
>>
>>54066904
>how do i optimize my network?
be closer to the wireless router
reduce interference
select the best channel
connect at the best freq and channel
>>
>>54066975
your hdd and the files on it are most likely 100% fine

if you need the data off them fast just get an enclosure for the hdd and get the data off via usb
>>
>>54066975
You can usually migrate motherboards without much hassle, at worst you'll have to boot in safe mode and run a couple utilities
>>
>>54067069
and serialize and if you use encryption you gotta get your keys into the new module
>>
Is there a free, 3rd party tool for transferring files between pc and 1st gen ipad?

Apparently you can't do that straight from windows.
>>
>>54067045
>connect at the best freq and channel
i think its only 2.4giga hurts. How do i change channels? Would it actually make that much difference to be connected by the L.A.N! cable.
>>
>>54066942
I didn't bother with the OBS specific help because it seemed to me it was the display driver since it happens without OBS and I didn't know what sort of help they'd offer; I know /g/ is active enough to give a prompt response at least.

Are you copying the instructions from the OBS help?
When I try regsvr32/u atiumd6a.dll I get an error message
[Window Title]
RegSvr32

[Content]
The module "atiumd6a.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllUnregisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "atiumd6a.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

[OK]
>>
>>54067103
gtkpod
>>
>>54067131
For Windows.
>>
>>54067127
Each channel is a few megahertz apart, you can select it in your router configuration

Wired connections give better performance because they don't have to deal with signal strength and interference
>>
>>54067127
the lan cable will help yes

getting a better router will ultimately help the most and you laptop can get very fast speeds pic related is my mac on wifi
>>
>>54067047
>>54067069
Ah, that's relieving to hear. I don't need them right now just was worried they'd be gone forever. Thanks.

Any recs for a motherboard? I'm guessing it has to be similar to my old one to do the swap without too big of a hassle? I guess I could get the asrock h87 pro4 again but it doesn't seem to be in online stores here in Germany anymore.

In a store I'm seeing these currently:
- ASRock Z87 Extreme3 Intel Z87 So.1150 Dual Channel
- ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance Intel H97 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail
- ASRock Z97 Pro4 Intel Z97 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3
- ASRock Z87 Pro4 Intel Z87 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3 ATX Retail

In the same price range, and some others. But I'm not really sure which ones better. Or if I should get an entirely different one. I'm guessing "mini" versions are subpar. I'm tending towards the last one in that list right now because it has the same name as my old one except Z87 instead H87 but I have no clue.

Any input would be great
>>
>>54067161
make a usb live boot linux
>>
>>54067272
uh yeah but dont fall for the developer meme. if you put in hard work youll make money which isnt true of all things.
>>
>>54066783
The zte warp elite is officially the best budget smart phone out there right now. 720p screen, 2GB RAM, 13MP camera (5MP front), 3,000 mah battery, 16gb internal + microsd slot, and supports enhanced lte. Usually $100 on amazon. Basically a moto g but with a bigger battery.
>>
the starfield screensaver from windows xp x86 doesn't seem to works properly on windows 7 x64. it works fine on windows 7 x86, but on x64 it uses so much cpu that it slows to a crawl. before i go and install 64bit windows xp just to extract the starfield screensaver, how likely is it that this will be the solution? i don't want to do it only to find out the screensaver is just not compatible with 64bit windows 7.
>>
I know cheap RAID controllers have a tendency to fuck your shit up, but what about just regular SATA PCI cards with software RAID? That should be safe nough right?
>>
What GPUs can I upgrade to from a Radeon 7570M?
>>
>>54067509
software raid is fine, hardware raids only good at a more expensive level and both do the same thing

>>54067548
any? is the m - mobile so laptop? in that case none.
>>
>>54067355
there is a freeware remake of the classic screensaver for modern computers at http://tringi.trimcore.cz/Starfield_Screensaver?language=en
>>
>>54067509
I think they are just a way to connect more disks to your system. What can go wrong?
>>
I have an Acer ZG5 whose cpu doesn't support hardware h264 decoding, but it there still a way to play my h264 mongolian cave paintings without my cpu shitting over itself?
>>
what's the best movie player for windows?
i've got kmplayer, but there is a problem with some mkv files.
>>
>>54067769
mpc hc with kcp
>>
>>54067769
mpv
>>
How do i access recycle bin not from the desktop in windows?

is their a win + r command?
>>
Can anyone tell me why, on the two occasions where I've attempted to replace my old aoc e2250swdak monitor (with a QNIX QX2710 and a BenQ GW2765HT, respectively) I've come across these issues:
What looks to be backlight bleeding in the corners of the screen
A yellowish tint (particularly affecting white backgrounds)
Some games (spelunky, for instance) look
like they have a filter over them, making the blacks really black and the whites really white; shit contrast (and what looks like major backlight bleed from the bottom of the screen).

I've had these same problems with both new monitors, and it's driving me insane. Only so much of it can be compensated for in the monitor's control panel.

I don't get why the unimpressive AOC is working more for me than what should be a major upgrade.

I can't remember if I've messed with some windows settings to adjust the current monitor's settings.
>>
>>54067797
IPS monitors have backlight bleed, there is no getting away from it
>>
Whats the best quality monitor style?

isp? led? lcd? ssd?
>>
>>54067795
Try out a program called launchy. It is what I use to access all of my programs.
>>
>>54067841
I guess I'll just stick with TN panels then.

I'm still not convinced the bleed should be obfuscating large parts of the screen (and potentially causing some of the other problems I'm having). That isn't normal, right? Otherwise, I don't know how anybody could bear using them, the image quality's that compromised.
>>
where are people in >>>/g/desktop getting their cool CLI VU-meters from?
>>
>>54067943
That isn't normal, no
>>
>>54067966
I should note that it's only really bad against (mostly) black and backgrounds, like the steam client, and like Spelunky that has highly saturated colours everywhere.

In normal web browsing and games like DaSIII the effect is minimized.

Do you think this is a fault on my end (I don't see how), or should I be trying to get a refund for faulty goods?
>>
File: 1460066741226.jpg (229 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
1460066741226.jpg
229 KB, 486x720
Can an USB Soundcard fully power a Mic that needs 48V phantom power?
>>
>>54068091
I've just started using a Gigabyte motherboard with flashy LEDs that can be set to synchronise with the rear audio jack, how does this shit actually work?
>>
File: Copy of desktop.gif (356 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Copy of desktop.gif
356 KB, 1280x1024
Im having trouble with my monitor, windows isnt detecting my new monitor as being 16:9 or being full hp so im stuck with this shittyresolution
>>
Thinking of selling my GTX 970 because I'm not playing games at the moment

Anyway, is the onboard Z97 video good enough for 1080p home cinema and jewtube with no fps drops
>>
>>54068091
Anon did you try googling that before asking us?

The answer is an obvious and definite no, regardless of which motherboard, because none can. None of them even have XLR.
>>
Anyone know of any good, inexpensive external hard drives and wireless mice? I've heard good things about Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX from a few reviews, but I'd like to have some more options.
>>
>>54067251
Find a store close to you, buy the cheapest board for the socket that has enough sata slots and the required pcie/pci configuration, and usb.
>>
>School has strict rules how to format your reports, essays and papers. (Line spacing, fonts and shit)

Is it even worth to think about LaTeX or just do it with ms word?
>>
>>54068227
I can play Insurgency and Path of Exile on my i5 6400 with onboard. Depends entirely on your cpu.
>>
Just ordered poker 3. Any place in EU where I can get reasonably priced sleeved usb cable and keycaps for it?
>>
>built computer a few months ago
>haven't opened it since
>it's run fine daily this whole time
>wake up
>go to get on it
>it's not turning on
>if I hit the power button the case lights flicker and the fans spool for a fraction of a second and then nothing happens
>won't do it if I hit the power button a second time
>disconnecting the power and reconnecting it will allow me to have the same result

So what's most likely wrong? Googling brings up shit for people that just pieced theirs together and are having issues getting it to start.
>>
>>54068301
why wireless? You could take a g50x and mod it if you wanted it to be good, otherwise just get whatever but enjoy your lag
>>
>>54068387
lol you used the credit card method for applying thermal paste, didnt you?

Check your fans broheminian
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>54068408
>credit card method

Uwot

I just did the pea size dot in the middle like everyone and everything said.

Anyway, what should I be looking for with my fans? The connections all seem fine.
>>
>>54068276
google didnt help much

Other question then, that google didnt solve as well.
The mic im using has an xlr input but the cable it has is jack. Can the jack part actually transfer 48V? Or I have to get an xlr-xlr cable as well?
>>
>>54068492
nice aligator clip, static will never be an issue.

also check the cpu fan and actual heatsink. You might have to re apply it. What exactly are you seeing on screen?
>>
psu 3.3v rail has 2.9v (bios says so, didn't actually check cause i dont have a meter for that kind of things)
should i be worried? my cpu is overclocked and other than being unable to connect more then 2 hdds at the same time i think it's working ok
>>
If I'm building a gaming pc, what can I afford to buy second hand.
Obviously, motherboard, gpu and cpu I'll get new.
>>
>>54068562
everything except hard drives, what sort of a question even is this
>>
>>54068529
I'll check those in a bit. Gonna get some coffee and breakfast first.

As for the monitor, nothing.

http://youtu.be/9IWjlpdSXj8
This is literally all that's happening.
>>
File: 1459907767228.png (28 KB, 548x470) Image search: [Google]
1459907767228.png
28 KB, 548x470
i might upgrade my graphics card for gaymen at mid-high settings, should i go for r9 380 or gtx 960? would any of my other shit bottleneck it?
>>
>>54068715
fug i meant r9 380x
>>
>>54068715
x, no questions.
>>
Best router that I can use for a hack camp like defcon? I have a lan cable there with internet and I want to do stuff
>>
How to make VLC on android NOT show the seek menu when opening new video? It interferes with YLYL webms
>>
>>54068801
yeah after looking at benchmarks i'll definitely go for the 380x, ty
>>
>>54066294
I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime. I'm also a huge dumbass when it comes to technology. I tried to root it last night by following this:
>http://joyofandroid.com/root-samsung-galaxy-grand-prime/
it failed, but booted up and everything was working.
I tried again this morning following this:
>http://techbeasts.com/root-samsung-galaxy-grand-prime-android-511-lollipop-cfautoroot/
It failed again. My phone is still on the downloading screen. the corner says:
>Odin mode
>product name:SM-G530R4
>Current binary:Samsung Official
>System status: Unofficial
>FRP lock: on
>Knox warranty void: 0x0
>Qualcomm secureboot: Enable (CSB)
>RP swrev: S1, T1, H1, R1, A1, P1
>Secure download: enable
>Custom Binary (recovery) Blocked by FRP Lock
what do
>>
ok.. how long does it usually take to encrypt an android phone? with 9gb of 13gb memory taken and no sd card, it's already running for 4-5 hours

i just.. should i be worried / it's ok with that much data and keep waiting / .. ?
>>
>>54069104
2 weeks or so since 256 bit makes 256 copies and compressions
>>
>>54066732
No, he hates them and said "stop being an sjw" when I suggested he use objective terminology so I know wtf he's trying to say. I honestly didn't know what he meant when he used "normal" to mean heterosexual. Homosex is my normal.
>>
File: 203.png (9 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
203.png
9 KB, 300x100
what??
anyone?
>>
>>54069104
>should i be worried
no, because you took a nandroid backup beforehand
>>
>>54069440
there is no data i care about losing (there is nothing just media yet I've forgot to remove before encrypting)
>>
>>54066661
Followed that, no change. Did the sfc thing, nothing. Will try rebuilding that icon thing.

For whatever reason, even after all this resetting my system is ending up with the exact same set (majority) of missing thumbnails.
>>
File: why.png (81 KB, 868x439) Image search: [Google]
why.png
81 KB, 868x439
>>54069485
Same still. Even after the linked suggestion to "Automatically Rebuild the Icon Cache"

I may have the same problem as "Jeff" who never seemed to find a solution.
>>
How can i make it possible for others to simply load in my python script with import x
w/o having to actually have the files.
>>
>>54066294
best way to grant user root privileges in Linux (more specifically Debian 8)

Ideally I only what my account to have root rights after I give the root password and for my account to lose them after some simple event, like logout or simple terminal command

I have seen many ways to grant root rights online, but I assume the different ways have slightly different effects and I want to do this properly.
>>
sis dropped some coke on her laptop
she put it upside down but didnt take off the battery
now when she tries to power it it doesnt
im told her to do the ricey in the baggy method but i dont see much hope
how fucked is she?
i thought modern laptops had an anti-spill keyboard
>>
>>54069744
Just vacuum it out
>>
>>54069773
this happened last night also i dont have a vaccum plus i think it's gonna be worse if i vaccum it
>>
>>54069803
Oh you mean coke, right rice and a freezer bag, change the rice twice and take the keycaps off to clean the stickiness. What sort of laptop? Try to get a keyguard for it and tell her to be more careful (please actually tell her)
>>
>>54069744
She's finished and bankrupt. Most laptops can survive a little water spill but not soda spills since soda is more electrically conductive than water and has a higher chance of short circuiting something inside the laptop.

Take it to a repair shop if it's a really expensive laptop that she wants to keep else get a cheap new one.

Also it would be more economical to build her an AM1/FM2+ desktop build but her being a girl and whatnot, might not like a desktop.
>>
>>
my icons / thumbnails don't refresh too
i can see them, but they don't change after a save or F5
what can i do
>>
>>54069865
she got the laptop in america i dont think she'll be able to repair it for free if God wills it she rice method will take effect and she'll not try to kill herself
>>
Looking for a stability testing software for GPUs.
Something like Prime95 is for CPUs, but for GPUs instead would be perfect.

Is there such a thing, or verifying GPU calculations is elusive?
>>
>>54070002
rice will only work with water, soda corrodes the components.
>>
how do i trigger func2 after func1 is called in javascript without modifying func1, is it possible?
>>
>>54070029
heaven benchmark/furmark
>>
>>54070069
copy func1 and override it with a function that calls func1copy and then your shit.
>>
Is there a remote desktop for android? I mean, to control the android screen from a pc or something?
>>
>>54069904
reminds me of a colleague
>Are we done??? :~)
>Yes, we are done
>simple and clear answer
>5 seconds later
>Or is there still something to do? :^^^)
why the fuck would you ask that holy shit fuck off
>>
is there a daz loader or any way to hack windows 10?
>>
>>54069599
sudo (you can disable the 'cooldown' timer for it as well)
>>
>>54070195
isn't windows 10 free? that's what the windows fags keep saying
>>
>>54070234
the upgrade from 7/8 is free.
>>
>>54070234
it is, as long as you have windows 7 or 8 installed
>>
Is there any information on an Amazon.com invoice that might allow someone to get access to the account through social engineering?
>>
>>54070247
so it's free if you already bought windows?
nice marketing ploy
>>
>>54070247
>>54070254
that makes it a free upgrade, not free in general
>>
>>54070049
This. That shit is like battery acid.
>>
>>54070269
newer versions of windows were never free.
>>
>>54070292
It works even with a cracked version of windows
>>
>>54070070
These are good suggestions Anon, but not the ones I'm looking for.

They catch most core clock instabilities (like when driver shits pants), but they will not notice nor report memory clock instabilities, like visual artifacts (screen-wide or on-texture), wrong memory address mappings and the like.

I'm looking for a stability-tester in a more "diagnostic way", rather than "performance way" if you understand.

So in a way, I'm looking for a benchmark that will test all card's hardware features, not just "general 3D rendering features that cover 99% usecases".
>>
>>54070212
but when I try to use sudo it asks
"[sudo] password for user:"

if I put the user password it says
"user is not in the sudo file. This incident will be reported"

if I put in the root password it says
"Sorry, try again."

also where are these reports it keeps making whenever I try to do something I am not authorized to do, I think it would be interesting to look at
>>
>>54070212
>>54070383
and what did you mean by cool down timer?
>>
I need some help with two MKV sets I have.

I have the BD's of Nisekoi season 1 and 2, the group is coalgirls, and the OP's and ED's are separate files.

Sure, it makes sense to save precious megabytes even though it's [current year], but I like to stream from my pc to my ps3 or this streaming player in another room, and split mkv's always have the hardest time coming in (for me).

I downloaded the most recent and tried MKVToolNix to append the OP's and ED's back together, but (for example, with the first episode) I get the warnings:

>The track number 1 from the file '[Coalgirls]_Nisekoi_OP1a_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[4CAEFA4D].mkv' can probably not be appended correctly to the track number 1 from the file '[Coalgirls]_Nisekoi_01_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[6400CDCC].mkv': The codec's private data does not match (lengths: 154 and 154). Please make sure that the resulting file plays correctly the whole time. The author of this program will probably not give support for playback issues with the resulting file.

>The track number 2 from the file '[Coalgirls]_Nisekoi_OP1a_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[4CAEFA4D].mkv' can probably not be appended correctly to the track number 2 from the file '[Coalgirls]_Nisekoi_01_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[6400CDCC].mkv': The codec's private data does not match (lengths: 2958 and 4211). Please make sure that the resulting file plays correctly the whole time. The author of this program will probably not give support for playback issues with the resulting file.

and when I move said file to another directory to test it, it only shows one of the videos, even though it's filesize is that of the episode and OP/ED combined.

Has anybody had any luck on windows merging these back together?
>>
I want to sell my 970 and get a 980 ti for VR. What would be the best way I can sell a used graphics card. What's a good deal for a used 970?
>>
File: 1452764149711.jpg (64 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452764149711.jpg
64 KB, 1080x1080
I have never used Linux and now I'm interested in using it. Is Manjaro noob friendly? It looks user-friendly and comfy.
>>
File: birds-of-brazil-1035669_640.jpg (113 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
birds-of-brazil-1035669_640.jpg
113 KB, 640x480
How does work Twitter's ad and promoted systems?
>>
>>54070505
They're ordered chapters. You can stitch them together using the segment ids, but it's kind of a fucking pain.

Actually I'm suprised that coalgirls still bother with it, since it's usually done to save on bloat and they've never given a fuck about that.

here's a quick guide https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=66444
>>
My computer keeps shutting off whenever i play games, I keep checking the temps but doesn't seem to be overheating (I've maxed fan speeds and it still shuts off). I'm assuming it's the power supply, but not sure. What do I do. :S
>>
>>54070383
>"user is not in the sudo file. This incident will be reported"
you need to be in the sudoers file, typically this is acheived by adding your user to a group mentioned in /etc/sudoers, for example "wheel", "admin" or "sudo". check the file to see what your distro expects, or edit it to suit

>>54070399
in most cases sudo will allow subsequent sudo usage without a password ONLY in the current tty/pty, by the same user, and for a short amount of time
this is a convinience, it allows you to run say; "sudo echo; sudo echo" while only typing the password once
>>
>>54070607
Which temperatures it reaches?
>>
File: Telegram.png (9 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
Telegram.png
9 KB, 550x350
I have a dual-chip smartphone. How can I create another Telegram account for the other SIM card?
>>
>>54070620
on arch, for example, this is "wheel", as mentioned in /etc/sudoers as
%wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL

there should be a similar line in yours (assuming sudo is installed)
>>
>>54070550
Sauce on those shorts? I need a pair for unspecified reasons.
>>
>>54070658
>>54070620
>>54070383
oh, and if you're unsure about groups;
view the groups your user is a member of;
groups
add a user to a group;
usermod -aG wheel user

where "wheel" is the group to add, and "user" is the user you want the group added to
group membership typically need a logoff/logon to take effect completely, but you can enable a new membership in the current shell by running;
newgrp wheel

(where "wheel" is the group you added with the above command, you need to add it beforehand otherwise this won't work)
>>
>>54068196
do you have the right graphics drivers installed?
>>
>>54070590
I think I did the steps correctly, but it still didn't get stitched together correctly
>>
>>54069434
Copy and paste image to MSPaint
Save the file as 4CHAN.HTA
And save it as a 24-Bit Bitmap

Never tried it before, but i'm assuming it's just a webpage with a hidden text message...
>>
How much RAM capacity does a mobo need to be futureproof for the next 5-7 years?

Am I safe with 32 GB, or should I go for 64 GB capacity?

(And maybe this is a moot question because the AM3+ and LGA1150 will be phased out in 2-3 when new architectures come out?)
>>
>>54070910
>futureproof
Nothing is futureproof my friend. But yeah, unless you plan on playing video games and have multiple VM's open at the same time. You should be fine with 32 GB of ram.
>>
>>54070910
Literally only think about futureproofing if you really worry about your income sources going to shit in the near future
>>
>>54070620
>>54070658
got part of it
"# adduser user sudo"
now my user can use sudo
I found debian's official info on sudo, very helpful on this matter
https://wiki.debian.org/sudo#Verifying_sudo_membership

>>54070718
sounds like Debian treats sudo as a group, so I don't need to deal with it, also only user on this unit, but still good to know

now I got to either change my user password to something more secure or get it to ask for a sudo password, cause right now having the password of "password" to log in and use sudo is not my idea of security.

Think I can do that by adding a line to the sudo user list file with the "visudo" command I was messing with in an earlier attempt to figure this out. If not I can always reinstall and give myself a better password
> like "12345" that is what I use on my luggage
>>
Can you create a cluster from two desktops for gaming?
>>
>>54071237
Yes you can make. Cluster but two computers (your schools library) would make awful cod machines mainly due to latency and software and hardware support
>>
For some reason my audio stopped working after i restarted the system (arch). I tried playing out from youtube videos, twitch streams and mkv's using mpv.
Before the restart i was watching a twitch stream with working audio and messing around with rc.xml file from openbox which is not related to audio.
I checked and all channels in alsamixer are unmuted.
Anyone able to help me?
>>
File: Mozilla_Firefox_logo_2013.svg.png (102 KB, 352x373) Image search: [Google]
Mozilla_Firefox_logo_2013.svg.png
102 KB, 352x373
Is there a Firefox addon to block Google Scholar paywall? I'm tired of searching academic articles and having to close dozens of results because they are paid.
>>
>>54071320
Well, I mean locally. My 8350 doesn't cut it for something like arma because it relies on hyper threading.

So I was curious to see if I could increase performance with a cluster.
>>
>>54066294
I watched this webm at least 5 times...
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 540x912) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 540x912
Is pic related even possible?
>>
My PC has been acting fucky, sometimes my GPU works other times it doesn't. I've tried different components, I've used different monitors, still I get this issue. When I launch games (it doesn't matter what, I've been able to play a game for hours without a hitch and than suddenly the same game will crash as soon as the splash cards pass and I'm in the main menu) they crash. I thought it was my GPU but I ran furmark for 15 minutes without an issue or artifacts, could my pcie slot have an issue with power delivery or something?
>>
>>54071360
It still will have latency issues.

Also iant the 8350 supposedly good for hyper threading
>>
Got a free xbox 360 slim, is there a way to "hack" it so I can play games off a flash drive?
>>
>>54071412
Yeh
>>
>>54071412
Yes? I listen to different albums on my earphones, one on each ear
>>
>>54071435
Yes, the word isnt hack though
>>
Is there a program that can real-time reverb to make music sound like it's at a club?
>>
>>54070853
try again, they should work. Make sure you remove the 0x from the numbers in the ID.
>>
>>54071498
Eq
>>
What's a good way to grab 4chin posts to make caps of threads?
>>
Guys, a good program to convert pdf into images(png is better)?

I have dowloaded someone but they are all bullshit.
>>
does converting pirated ebooks with calibre to be read on a kindle mess up the formatting? deciding between kobo and kindle and this is a big factor
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-17_02-03-30.png (28 KB, 435x382) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-17_02-03-30.png
28 KB, 435x382
Google almost always ask me to fill a captcha every time I try to use their search engine, is there any way to get around this?
>>
>>54071695

when you convenvert in calibre you can choose the device you will read on, there are kindle, kobo, and most of the ereaders you can buy.
>>
File: Battery-lithium-cr2032.jpg (334 KB, 680x594) Image search: [Google]
Battery-lithium-cr2032.jpg
334 KB, 680x594
I have here a CR2032 battery that has only 2.60V, is that acceptable to use on motherboards?
>>
>>54071724
Stop asking things that the NSA doesn't like.
>>
>>54071733
but do the paragraph styles, typefaces, fonts, images etc of the book remain intact? i've had trouble with some of that in the past on the aldiko app
>>
I changed the DNS on my laptop.

My ISP recently switched to IPv6.
Now, every 5 minutes, half of the websites on the internet don't work.

I have to flush the DNS with CMD to fix it, but then it breaks again after 5 minutes.
How do I fix this?
>>
>>54071734
just go to computer store
take batteries out of the demonstration mobos
use best battery of that bunch
>>
>>54071819

Usually yes, but when the fast format is not enough you can set everything you want from the custom format. There are tutorial online ofc.
>>
How do you people make so much progress each time you code? I try and focus but after a few hours I invariably haven't made anything.
>>
I have an acer gn246hl monitor and whenever I have a full screen application with vsync enabled it automatically enters 3d mode, dimming the screen and giving it a very light red tinge.
I've tried everything, disabled 3d drivers, uninstalling 3d drivers. I thought the monitor would have a setting in the menus to disable 3d mode but it doesn't.
This affects most videogames I have, and sometimes VLC.
Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>54071921
okay, thanks
>>
File: 1914-01.jpg (516 KB, 1700x1274) Image search: [Google]
1914-01.jpg
516 KB, 1700x1274
I'm trying to mount an Apple Time Capsule to a Raspberry Pi (Raspbian)

I'm using the following code, but when I reboot and try to find the drive I get "No such file or directory"

Can anyone please help? No idea what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

sudo su
mkdir /mnt/timecapsule
echo "//192.168.1.7/Data /mnt/timecapsule cifs user=Username,pass=Password,rw,uid=1000,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0" >> /etc/fstab
>>
>>54071194
you don't need to reinstall to change your password, simply run "passwd"
>>
>>54072022
passwd -d
is far better
>>
If I am defragmenting a hard drive, and then stop the process and shut my computer down, then turn it back on later and start defragmenting again, will it more or less pick up where it left off? Or will it need to start again from the beginning?
>>
>>54072039
he doesn't want to remove the password, he wants to make it more secure
>>
>>54072086
>implying password are a good security solution
I have no password on my computer, even for root, and I fear nothing.
>>
>>54072081
it will need to start again, but it can skip data that isn't fragmented, so it won't take as long the next time
>>
Can you overclock mobos that aren't "officially" overclockable? Like not Z-edition.
>>
>>54072137
Well there are plenty of motherboards that are not necessarily marketed as an overclocking board but still allow you access to voltage and multipliers. Most decent consumer boards (i.e. not something that came in a prebuilt system) that I have used allow this.

Some CPUs also have their multiplier locked, which will prevent you from overclocking them regardless of what motherboard you have, so be aware of this as well.
>>
>>54071506
do I need the ID of the episode, OP, and ED, or just the episode?

same with the chapters
>>
>>54068492
Wtf is going on with your cpu fan/sink? You're either blowing hot air directly onto your GPU or using hot air from your GPU to try and cool your CPU. You should be blowing air towards the fan in the back of your case. Cool air in, hot air out.
>>
>>54066971
go to /csg/
>>
could v-moda detachable cable be used to play music from my phone in a car through aux ?
>>
bum for this

>>54071991
>>
What's the best / most lightweight way to control my PC fans on windows 10 without installing the resource wasting, bloated app center from gigabyte?

Should I just restart and set full speed from bios on all fans while gaming and then switch to normal when I finished? Or should I use w/e software you guys will suggest?
>>
if i buy a domain name for a website i run on my own personal internet and computer, but dont advertise it anywhere, what are the odds that scripts of bots and spam and shit are just going to eventually shit my internet to oblivion?
>>
>>54072537
Even without a domain name your machine will be attacked.
>>
Should I get rid of TouchWiz on the S4? what should I switch to (and how, I've attempted rooting via motochopper only to get PIE errors, and every flashing attempt only wiped the phone). I followed the guide on Cyanogenmod's wiki for my carrier and all, so I know I didn't screw up there. Everything was extracted. Tried both methods, motochopper and running pwn via terminal emulator. Terminal Emulator would simply state I didn't have permission to do it (as I was trying to acquire root) and motochopper would give "error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported"
>>
>>54072615
oh im aware, but this would increase it pretty badly, no? just because it's actually registered?
>>
>>54072669
I don't thing it will change a lot of thing.
>>
>>54072748
really? okay, thanks man. ill just take your word for it because it's so cheap, but could you explain why not? i feel like if youre actually registering somewhere, it just becomes public info, and theres probably lists of things that exist for these things that can be updated automatically by crawlers no? is this not how it works? im no expert or anything i just feel like this would be a thing if thats how it works
>>
>>54072829
You'll be scanned by a lot of pirated. Registering change nothing. Pirates fish for IP not domain name.
>>
>>54071412
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM31QzRPPDc
>>
>>54072858
okay, thanks a lot, really appreciate it. guess ill just do it.
>>
>>54072890
I hope your server is secure. You'll be scanned and attacked. So you must be prepared.
>>
>>54072913
ive already been running it for several weeks with no problems (with 80 and 443 forwarded and people connecting). i also used some cheesy website to like look at it for common problems. im using a network stack i found on sourceforge called wtserver, and they said its configured by default to be pretty restrictive

i also host a teamspeak server on it
>>
Is there enough of a difference in effect of a 120 x 120mm radiator and a 120 x 240mm for water cooling to merit the extra ~40 dollars?
>>
I'm using Win 7 Home Premium (yes, I know). Is the 16GB RAM limit a thing and I will need to change/update in order to use more?
>>
>>54072962
simple math will tell you that that would be x2 as hard to heat fully, so tahts where you can start to think about it
>>
I just bought a Fiio X5 and my right earplug makes no sound, no matter what earplugs I use, but they work fine in my computer and iPod classic. How do I fix this? /mu/ redirected me here.
>>
>>54066294
How do I import Microsoft Edge passwords into Chrome?
>>
On google chrome when you type in a website it gives you a nifty recommendation of "would you like to google this website?"
Firefox doesn't.
Is there an addon that can fix this?
>>
So I have both a decent mouse and a magic trackpad at hand.

I'm pretty used to both things at this point but I've been wondering, has anyone actually used -both- at the same time for multitasking in some way? Like, mouse with right hand, trackpad with left hand.
>>
Is there a way to create a virtual folder in android that is a network shared folder?
>>
Is it possible to update the firmware for samsung ssds over easta?

Is it possible to screw up and brick the ssd or make it not work properly?
>>
How outdated is the GTX 660 for a gaming computer?
>>
>>54073964
Anything you can do over SATA you can do over eSATA, because eSATA *is* SATA, just with a different shaped plug.

Anything to do with updating firmwares can result in a brick, notably if you lose power at just the wrong moment.

>>54073729
What, like a mount point? But then Android doesn't normally have smbmount...

>>54073478
No, because the non-mouse hand is better positioned on the keyboard to do shortcuts. Quicker than trackpad gestures and more you can do with it.

>>54073390
Use the search bar if you want to search.
>>
I could write out the blah, blah, blah but I'm trying to find a good batch automation software that I can use to interface with multiple programs with get, put, and rename functions on files. I've found Perfect Automation and "Action(s)" so far but looking for some insight on robust automation software.

tldr; does anyone know of good robust automation software that is fully featured for batch operations? extra points if it uses relevant languages so I don't waste my time learning some obscure language to write the scripts
>>
>>54073964
eSATA is just a different connector and batter shielding, the protocol isn't any different than regular SATA.
>>
>>54073971
I think it's on the level of GTX 750 Tii, which is the cheapest nvidia of this gen.
>>
>>54072981
Yes, Home Premium artificially limits you to 16 GB. Go up to Ultimate to get around this, it goes up to 192 GB.

But, what do you need more than 16 GB for? Yes, there are legit reasons, but 99% of the time on here it's just somebody looking to flush money down the toilet to wave their e-peen around and then bitch because their hiberfile is now taking up most of their SSD.
>>
File: 2016-04-16-234409_566578901.png (60 KB, 1202x602) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16-234409_566578901.png
60 KB, 1202x602
why do I have to do ./ infront

bash is shit
>>
>>54074236
It's not bash.
>>
Is it even possible to create a fake Facebook profile anymore?
>>
>>54074236
Bash interprets anything starting with a dash as an option and not as a filename. Put it in quotes
>>
>>54074236
Alternately you can say
rm -- -ffast-math.mht
. Anything starting with a - is treated as a command line argument by rm. This is rm doing it, not bash, but most *nix utilities do this. You can get around that either by adding ./ like you did to make - no longer the first character, or you can do the -- thing I demonstrated. -- tells it that everything after this is a filename even if it starts with a dash.

I thought this was going to be a post about why you have to put ./ in front of executables that are in the current dir while in cmd.exe you don't. To enable that, add . to your PATH variable.
>>
>>54074285
WHy do you think that it's bash. Here we're talking about rm, not bash.
>>
>>54074285
The quotes, they do nothing. Bash removes the quotes and uses them to let you have a command line arg with a space inside it. You can \escape \the \quotes if you really want to pass them to rm, but then rm will take it you want to remove a file that has \" characters in its name.
>>
File: Facebook_icon.svg.png (59 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Facebook_icon.svg.png
59 KB, 2000x2000
Should I use adblocker to all ads inside Facebook? Why?
>>
Is that smart start learning to program using python, haskell and C? I would dedicate much more time to python, less time to haskell and even less time to C.

Also, what are good books/good sources for learning python programming language?
>>
>>54074345
>I would dedicate much more time to python, less time to haskell and even less time to C.
You should do the opposite if you want to be competent.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 216x211) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 216x211
I need to make a website to help my classmates study as part of a french project. Any decent website platforms that are better than weebly or google sites? Money isn't an object, but I have 0 experience with website making.
>>
File: 1430484831688.png (163 KB, 804x804) Image search: [Google]
1430484831688.png
163 KB, 804x804
Whats the best torrent client for windows?
>>
>>54074467
Tixati, don't let the memelords tell you otherwise
>>
File: KochanProgrammingInC-3rdEd.jpg (48 KB, 389x499) Image search: [Google]
KochanProgrammingInC-3rdEd.jpg
48 KB, 389x499
>>54074361
Actually, I'm a lot more interested in learning python and C, haskell I would try just to learn something different. Is this book (pic related) good for C beginners?
>>
File: 1369977554719.jpg (4 KB, 126x99) Image search: [Google]
1369977554719.jpg
4 KB, 126x99
is the ASRock B150 PRO4/D3 a good option for a mobo for a casual gaming desktop?
I'm not sure what to look for on when it comes to mobos.
>>
>>54074609
No. Use the internet.
Type "language C tutorial" in google.
Books for learning programming is obsolete.
>>
>>54072620
Anyone?
>>
>>54074467
is that vinny?
>>
>>54074753
J. Tillman
>>
>>54074661
Good. Thanks!
>>
Is there some kind pcie card that turns my extra hdd slot to a nas?
I mean its just uses the computer unit for power but it is completely separate not using computers processor/ram/etc.
>>
How can I root my Xperia Z5 Compact (E5823) with Android 6.0?

I don't want to do anything crazy, I just need root access, and my gut feeling is that half the results on Google is just guides on how-to-install-malware.
>>
>>54074948
You have to unlock your bootloader from sony website then use kingoroot. ofcourse unlocking the bootloader will have consequences.
There is a thread in xda in detail to do this.
>>
Is there any software I can use to remotely monitor SMART data for Windows Server 2012?
>>
>>54074467
uTorrent!
>>
Anyone have any suggestions for a "triple language" keyboard?

The only keyboards I usually see are the standard QWERTY type, and at most, I will see the QWERTY plus one other language. Only one more, and that's it.

I highly doubt a keyboard with keys from three different languages exist, so I was wondering if there are any clever solutions to this. Even better if stickers can be avoided.
>>
>>54075272
What languages?
>>
>>54072265
bumping question
>>
>>54075082
From what I can read, it seems I won't get kernel updates and shit from Sony afterwards. And I also need to wipe my device first, which seems to be a dealbreaker.
>>
What's a good book for learning algorithms? I'm writing stock trading algorithms and would like some background knowledge.
>>
File: 817v-KYn4CL._SX355_.jpg (9 KB, 355x265) Image search: [Google]
817v-KYn4CL._SX355_.jpg
9 KB, 355x265

hey /g/

I got one of these to print out shipping labels, and because I could get free labels from UPS and fedex.

My question is is there a way to print out USPS labels with it? Every time I try to print out a label it would be either be too small or cropped out. I can't even adjust a custom margin with it.

HELP PLZ atm I have to bring it into photoshop and manually crop the label out into 4x6 and then print but that takes FOREVER.

is there a software that does this for me???
>>
>>54075597
numerical recipes
>>
File: corben.jpg (25 KB, 318x366) Image search: [Google]
corben.jpg
25 KB, 318x366
>>54075597
I'm >>54075629
There is Corben book too.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.