[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Canadian prime minister schools journalist in how quantu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: whatyearisit.jpg (82 KB, 657x371) Image search: [Google]
whatyearisit.jpg
82 KB, 657x371
>Canadian prime minister schools journalist in how quantum computing works

>today I learned you shouldn't just assume that the leader of your country doesn't have a thorough knowledge of quantum computing.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/15/11439766/canadian-prime-minister-justin-trudeau-journalist-quantum-computers

how does this make you feel /g/?
>>
>>54065711
Who doesn't know that 1 basic idea of quantum physics/computing?
>>
>>54065711
The quote shows no particular understanding. It doesn't even differentiate sufficiently to distinguish analogue computers from quantum ones.
>>
>Memorize talking point
>tell media to ask you a question
>they do
>regurgitate memorized lines
>everyone acts stunned omg our maymay pm is so cook XDDD
I hate this fucker so much, how did he beat fucking harper? At least that man was respectable
>>
>>54065914
>At least that man was respectable
Respectable? No. He was incompetent.

At least Trudeau has interest in science and respects research.

also >>>/pol/
>>
>>54065914
> so cook
More like cuck rite?
>>
>>54065711
If he's so smart, can he explain why his country's flag has A FUCKING LEAF on it?
>>
MFW everything Obama makes sense now
>>
>>54066003
Because it's 2016 and Canada is eco friendly!
>>
File: merkel.jpg (18 KB, 380x255) Image search: [Google]
merkel.jpg
18 KB, 380x255
>>54065711
Our prime minister has a PhD in physical chemistry. Step it up, Canada.
>>
Using a bubble sort would be a bad idea :^)
>>
>>54066055
I mean, she's technically not a prime minister, but a chancellor. But all the same.
>>
>>54065711
Not that I look at this guy a lot, but dude is looking run down as fuck
>>
>>54065961
>Trudeau has interests in science
That's why he was a drama teacher? Econ is much closer to a science then selfie taking and drama anon.

Also sidenote. Name one instance where harper was incompetent
>protip: you can't dump harper was always just a meme.
>>
>>54065711
Media play af.

Nothing to see here. I thought he was going to be a name on the research team, but no.
>>
A binary system is like the traditional distinction between male and female.

Quantum computing is like real life, where you can be one or the other, or a mixture of both.

It's 2016, people!
>>
>>54066144
>where you can be one or the other, or a mixture of both.
Until someone calls you out on your bullshit and collapses the bullshitfunction
>>
>>54066091
This he did it to dodge a real question. He is masterfull at that.
>>
>>54065711
WHERE'S MY WEED DUDE
>>
>>54066085
>Name one instance where harper was incompetent
Easy. He gave us a 30 billion dollar deficit by promoting worthless tar-sands instead of helping diversify in economy by encouraging investment in the alternative energy sector.
>>
>>54066276
I don't think you understand what a deficit is. A deficit is when a government spends more money then it takes in. It is not the same as debt. Your country can be in serious debt and run a surplus budget. Additionally, Harper only ran a deficit during 2007-2008 financial crisis where we came out on top. Running a deficit during an economic recession is generally agreed to be a good idea.
Also more importantly
Alternative energy is not profitable you mongloid. That's why you need to incentives investment in it. You don't need to pimp oil cause it sells. Additionally you grow an economy outwards by building on what you have, not shitting it up what make you money and hoping something else takes its place, thatd just get us where we are now faster. Also oil would be a lot more profitable and our dollar would be better off and I'd be able to buy more computer shit online, IF WE COULD EVER GET SOME GOD DAMN PIPELINES BUILT.
>>
>>54065711
did weedman being the free weed yet?
>>
File: 2016-04-16_142805.png (141 KB, 967x981) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-16_142805.png
141 KB, 967x981
HAHAHAHAHHA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

>Canada
>>
>>54066329
Sure I know the difference. That's why I specified deficit. My point still stands that Harper was incompetent. This resulted in the current deficit and forces Canada to run infrastructure programs again.

>mongloid
Seriously?

Oil is only cheap now because no one wants any. Guess why that is? Slow world-wide economy. Canada can do its part by investing in the future. And yes, green is profitable as demand is increasing for renewable energy.

Pipelines are great. No problem with them. Except I don't want them in my backyard.
>>
>>54066329
Harper ran deficits during the relatively good times of high energy prices because he cut Goods and Services Tax (Canada's VAT) from 7% to 5% without cutting spending or finding another source of revenue to offset the reduced tax revenue.
>>
>>54066458

>Sure I know the difference. That's why I specified deficit.
Except again he only ran one deficit in a case where anyone with half a brain would, and ran a surplus after to pay it off.
>This resulted in the current deficit
You blame Harper for a liberal budget? Thats fucking stupid.
>and forces Canada to run infrastructure programs again.
Not really and this won't help much, it's more a thing to do with another trudeau in sussex.

>Oil is only cheap now because no one wants any. Guess why that is? Slow world-wide economy.
What is OPEC, the post.
>Canada can do its part by investing in the future.
Yeah ofc It's 2016!
>And yes, green is profitable as demand is increasing for renewable energy.
Please specify which greem energy it is you believe is profitiable and we can be an exporter of?
>Pipelines are great. No problem with them. Except I don't want them in my backyard.
Muhh nimby. This is the fucking reason retarded provinces like Quebec turn them down though.
>>
>>54066481
He ran the surplus after as a measure of economic recession. It was just for the 2008 recession. Better safe then sorry. His econ policy was more or less a cut and paste of Chretien/Martin. 2%cut in GSt isn't as much of a hit to revenue as you think. Income tax is the main source of government revenue, followed by corporate tax.
>>
>>54066563
* he ran a surplus afterwards
Deficit was for 2008 recession or w.e as a matter of just incase.
>>
>>54066524
>Thats fucking stupid
No it's not. The Liberal hardly have been in power. The economy is where Harper left it.

>Not really and this won't help much, it's more a thing to do with another trudeau in sussex.
Well it helped the Conservatives. It's a non-partisan strategy that works. Sure it has limits and is not sustainable over a long term but people need jobs. Especially Alberta.

>Quebec turn them down
The only reason Quebec turned them down is that there's nothing in it for them.
>Please specify which greem energy it is you believe is profitiable and we can be an exporter of?
pretty much any. Example: we don't make any electric vehicle at the moment. at least none for consumers. Telsa is raking in millions/billions with their latest electric car. Where's Canada?
>>
Trudeau is such a fucking figurehead its ridiculous. He didn't even answer the question and the description of quantum computing is the kind you'd give to a 3 year old.

Canada's economy is sluggish? Let me just go on national TV with every "disenfranchised" minority and promise them more money.
>>
>>54066055
>PhD in physical chemistry

That hasn't stopped her from being retarded at being a statesman.

Having a good degree is a good indication of intelligence, not wisdom.

Intelligence=Processing power/logic
Wisdom= Intelligence/Courage
>>
>>54066144
as in real life, mix states are still useless and deluding
>>
File: 1424652609668.jpg (189 KB, 1024x896) Image search: [Google]
1424652609668.jpg
189 KB, 1024x896
>>54066650
>>54066524

The differences between modern liberals and conservatives are minimal.

They both accept leftist assumptions of reality and attitudes towards life.

They both are obsessed with homo economicus, like you two.
>>
>>54066650

>No it's not. The Liberal hardly have been in power. The economy is where Harper left it.
I don't think you understand how this works. Liberals pass the budget via their majority government. He could of ran a $30million surplus if he wanted too, im not saying he should have but you can't fault Harper if you don't like the current PM's plan. Economy is here cause shit happens, to my knowledge i don't think harper campaigned on running a deficit. I think he probably would of, but much smaller.

>Well it helped the Conservatives. It's a non-partisan strategy that works. Sure it has limits and is not sustainable over a long term but people need jobs. Especially Alberta.
Ehh somewhat, i just hate eastern elitists trying to micromanage.

>The only reason Quebec turned them down is that there's nothing in it for them.
The leach of a province known as Quebec gets more in transfer payments if Alberta is doing well. There are also jobs on the construction of and maintenance of the pipeline to be factored. Literally nothing lost either.

>pretty much any. Example: we don't make any electric vehicle at the moment. at least none for consumers. Telsa is raking in millions/billions with their latest electric car. Where's Canada?
Well windsor is a lost cause, and Tesla is hardly driving the American economy, i know its cool from a tech perspective, but investing heavily in a company like that isn't really economically beneficial. It might drive it forward but it's a sunk cost amd everyone else will adapt once it's profitable anyway.

>>54066660
Agreed. He should be governer General instead, the half the reason to still have that is to alleviate the PM from that sort of bullshit.
>>
>>54066752
>leach of a province known as Quebec
Every province is a leach. At least Quebec is a founding member of Canada. Every other "country" who joined the Canadian federation knew what they were getting into. I suppose they were the leach back then. Stop blaming Quebec or any other province for your so called problems.

>Liberals pass the budget via their majority government.
Agreed. People voted against austerity and for development. Harper was not seen as having that ability. In addition he wasted millions fighting against the constitution and against the charter cases everyone knew he would lose.

>Tesla is hardly driving the American economy
Well it's doing very well. The point being there is money to be made. Which is what you asked.
>>
>>54066697
>Wisdom= Intelligence/Courage
you tried but not really.
you could have the courage to make a decision and be intelligent overall but still make an absolutely terrible decision.
Wisdom is more like knowing how to apply intelligence in the most efficient way.
>>
of course he knows how quantum computers work, he's one himself
>>
>>54066933
That's not what he actually said but ok.
>>
Yeah I'm sure some brown men have given him some of that quantum prostate cumpudding
>>
Hey guys how about we take people from every culture, no matter how fucked up, and make them all live together?

I'm sure no one would mind getting stabbed for looking at a specific person and not apologizing like a little bitch
>>
>>54065711
>Canada
>>
>>54067014
>I'm sure no one would mind getting stabbed for looking at a specific person and not apologizing like a little bitch
You know that the only reason multiculturalism has problems is white people, right?
>>
File: you_activated_my.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
you_activated_my.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>54067033
>he's going all out
>>
>>54067033
>MUDSHITS COME TO EUROPE
>DO NOT INTERATE, SPREAD ISLAM, RAPE AND MURDER
>white peoples fault
>>
>>54066914

>Every province is a leach.
Not in terms of transfer payments like i was alluding to there. Economically western Canada carries the rest of the country. (can't deny ontario used to contribute)
>At least Quebec is a founding member of Canada. Every other "country" who joined the Canadian federation knew what they were getting into.
Debatable transfer payments weren't a thing yet in most cases, and wasn't constitutionally enshrined until 1984. Manitoba was also more or less Lied to about controlling their own resources, and the senate has miserably failed since then.
>I suppose they were the leach back then.
No actually literally as early as back then western provinces were bitching about being exploited.
>Stop blaming Quebec or any other province for your so called problems.
Well BC wants to play ball with oil pipelines, so why can't i blame the province who is cucking the rest of the country based on nimby? They don't mind the tar sands when its out of site out of mind making them money.

>Agreed. People voted against austerity and for development. Harper was not seen as having that ability.
Yes. Thus you can't blame him, that the demos are retarded.
>In addition he wasted millions fighting against the constitution and against the charter cases everyone knew he would lose.
Of what are you reffering, the niqab sideshow or the trudeau back bill C-51. The former was just ro fuck over the NDP in Quebec and had nothing to do with anything other than that. It's the main reason liberals got elected in fact backfired in his face by unsplitting the leftist vote. Second is bullshit but i dont see how either cost "millions" and it will survive the sCoc unfortunately

>Well it's doing very well. The point being there is money to be made. Which is what you asked.
It's not capable of replacing an entire industry. Even now when tar sands are in the shitter are they making less than tesla id wager. Electric cars as a whole are hardly an economy driving force.
>>
>>54067081
Because muslims are tricked into thinking that Europe will be safe but crazy right wingers won't let them live normally.
>>
>>54065711
That article just gave me cancer

Thanks for reminding me why I shouldn't click on theverge.com links.
>>
>>54067098
Yes, those fucking right wingers raping refugee women, and blowing themselves up in the name of their caveman religeon.
>>
>>54067098
But why do they rape and murder, and destroy everything?
>>
>>54067098
Also forcing your wife to cover herself, beating her, treating her like a second class human, killing gays or people who leave your religeon, and raping women for dressing slutty is generally not part of living "normally"
I mean ffs we literally internned the Japanese, and they acted like bros after, but you welcome refugees with open arms and this is justified on the basis that some people on thr right can be mean sometimes?
>>
>>54066276
>He gave us a 30 billion dollar deficit by promoting worthless tar-sands
Do you not remember the recession? Do you not remember how the Conservatives were almost toppled by a coalition because they weren't spending enough money?

>helping diversify in economy by encouraging investment in the alternative energy sector.
You either aren't from Ontario, or you're from Toronto.
>>
>>54067146
You mean those white right wingers who shoot people for basically not being white
>>
>>54066939
It might as well be, because it really is what he believes, whether it's worded like that or not.
>>
>>54065711
Justin Trudeau is not a thing.
>>
>>54067221
You gonna source that shit, right?

Because no one in Europe has shot anyone for not being white in at least 200 years.
>>
>>54067221
Oh yes. I remeber those. No wait i don't because they don't fucking exist.
Closest i can think of is that nutter kid in america(not part of europe) that shot up that black church (read chruch not mosque)
>>
Did a janitor just delete my post?
Basically said
>>54067266
But more smartassy
>>
>>54067221
No white right winger has shot anyone over race in the past many decades.

However plenty of wealthy Muslim nations with the same culture as those Syrians have barred access, even though they are "allies" that you suck the dick of in the name of multiculturalism.
>>
>>54067269
>>54067291
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Norway_attacks
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States
>>
File: tumblr_npi0u1th2B1ty9so0o1_500.png (779 KB, 744x742) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npi0u1th2B1ty9so0o1_500.png
779 KB, 744x742
>>54065749
>Who doesn't know that
99% of the world population. Check your privilege you first world, spoiled brat. You're not better than everyone who doesn't know that. You're merely more fortunate.
>>
>>54067269
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%9310_Malm%C3%B6_shootings
>>
>>54067248
He also believes that bombs only can't defeat ISIS.
>>
>>54067387
And you believe that shit?
>>
>>54067387
This is true though.
>>
>>54067339
>Norway Attacks
Guess who died in them? Pro tip: They are white.
>USA
Not part of the topic we are discussing. We are discussing Europe.
>>
>>54067387
I agree with him.
>>
>>54067339
I don't know how to tell you this anon but the United States is not in europe nor does thr article back anything yiu said even in that case. Also brevirik killed white people.
>>54067364
>single gunman.
Well shit that justifies all of islam then, even violence in paris, brussels, cologne etc that are hundreds of miles away. Besides its malmo he could of literally targetted at random and hit. mostly muslims. You can find isolated cases of anything really.
>>
>No wait i don't because they don't fucking exist.
>You can find isolated cases of anything really.
Typical right wing hypocrisy.
>>
File: luke-skywalker-7.jpg (23 KB, 289x334) Image search: [Google]
luke-skywalker-7.jpg
23 KB, 289x334
>Syria starts out as an economically stable nation where Assad was merely a power dictator no different from other western puppet dictators (with the exception of not being Western), under whom all those immigrants managed to live without fear for their lives just fine
>The nation could have transitioned slowly and natural from that dictatorship into a democracy over time, while keeping itself stable
>bunch of dumbfuck Western nations decide to artificially and forcibly accelerate transition and end up indirectly arming the ISIS/ISIL forces through moderate rebels
>now you don't have a simple dictatorship but a chaotic fuckup where a theocratic force is killing and forcing thousands of Syrians for benign shit like wanting an education, a right they had under Assad at least
>Syria is now economically destabilized and has a destroyed infrastructure, and the only people who can rebuild it and keep it sane are now fleeing because it turns out that a theocratic dictatorship is worse than a political dictatorship, leaving Syria perpetually doomed
>now that Syria is no longer economically stable, the effect has massive influence on bordering countries creating a domino effect, up to even Europe

>Instead of the same Western self-righteous "enlightened" idiots, who fucked up the situation, putting sanctions and questioning why the wealthy Arab nations aren't accepting immigrants since they share a culture and religion, and this doesn't create social destabilization; while also ensuring the Syrians have a chance at going back and fixing their country due to close proximity to their motherland
>they are bitching about Immigrants not being allowed into Europe where economic and social destabilization will double, which will make it impossible for Immigrants to go back and fix their country, resulting in Syria being doomed for good in the future

Yeah, great going you dumb fucking left-wingers. This mindset of prioritizing rationalism over empiricism is why i stopped relating
>>
>>54067473
A) I'm not right wing.
B) so you honestly believe that this single case that most people don't even know of is the main reason why muslim people do bad things? And their crummy doctrine has nothing to do with anything cause that's "biggoted talk"
I stand by my statement. He literally said he had anti immagrant sentiment. Not anti arab or anti nonwhite sentiment. Furthermore it doesn't happen on a macro level. Show me stats that it's a problem. When i say rape crisis in cologne i don't mean a single news article of one dude raping one girl.
>>
>>54066003
The leaf makes Canada a lot of money.
>>
>>54067387
You thought bombs could defeat Vietnam in a decisive manner?
>>
>>54067538
>And their crummy doctrine has nothing to do with anything cause that's "biggoted talk"
You couldn't name a single tennet of Islam even if your job depended on it. Indeed, hard to not deem an empty value judgement such as "crummy doctrine" rooted in ignorance as anything but biggoted talk.
>>
File: Bk6XSb4IEAAFx_c.jpg_large.jpg (19 KB, 261x348) Image search: [Google]
Bk6XSb4IEAAFx_c.jpg_large.jpg
19 KB, 261x348
>"You see, quantum computing is more than computing!"

Is this what it takes to blow away tech illiterate people these days?
>>
>>54065914
Harper was a nepotist.

At least forced diversity is better than nepotism
>>
>>54067790
>You couldn't name a single tennet of Islam even if your job depended on it.
He doesn't need to.

Christianity is benign and doesn't produce a culture of suicidal bombers who kill hundreds every day.
Buddhism is benign and doesn't produce a culture of suicidal bombers who kill hundreds every day.
Even fucking Judaism doesn't produce suicidal Jews who go around self-exploding among THEIR OWN PEOPLE. The war between them and Muslims is not religious as much as it is political, because they are using victim status for political gain.

But Islam IS the only religious which creates the shit it does. And when you have a specific culture of destruction under your wing, then your fucking holy book that you regard as a constitution is at fault, not only the specific brand of mass mentality it produces.
To argue against this is to argue a No True Scotsman because you want to avoid self-regulating your own people.
If there was self-regulation among Muslims, instead of denying responsibility to control those sectarian idiots,
there wouldn't be any terrorism.

Now fuck off you retard. Just because what you tell yourself makes you feel good and sounds right, doesn't mean it is necessarily any of the two.
>>
>>54067851
Bush invaded Iraq in the name of god.

Also Irish prostants and catholics are still at war.

Islam is political yes (shariah)
>>
>>54065711
TRUE PATRIOT LOVE IN ALL THY SONS COMMAND
>>
>>54067899
>Bush invaded Iraq in the name of god.
:^)
>>
Lmao, we're so irrelevant it's not even funny.

We could be up there with France or German in terms of industrial power, but jesus the last 65 years have shit all over this worthless frozen shithole
>>
>>54067917
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

inb4 no true scotsman
>it's different when a Christian does it
>>
>>54067851
>>>54067790
>Christianity is benign
Historically, you're so wrong it's not even worth addressing. It completely and utterly undermines the rest of your post because you're willing to turn a blind eye to thousands of years of religious violence for the sake of a stupid argument that pertains at most the last 30 to 40 years.
>>
The prime minister of the Netherlands still teaches history / sociology one day a week.
>>
>>54067928
>historically
We are talking the present. Don't move goalposts you dumbfuck.
You have only further proven my point since it's history now precisely because Christians decided to self-regulate their cancerous theocratic order. There was no external force putting Christianity in its place, it was internal, AS IT SHOULD BE.

>>54067899
Bush invaded Iraq in the name of politics after Saddam, their own puppet during the Iran-Iraq war, destroyed the relations and decided to get chummy with Russia. There's also other reasons of corporates creating profit from war and lobbying.

Irish Protestants and Catholics are in war in name only now.
Protestantism is the act of self-regulation among Christianity. It is a religious answer to stifling expansionist and cancerous Catholic policies centuries ago.
It is self-regulation, and now Christianity is rational and benign because of it for the most part

The same can't be said about Islam.
>>
>>54067923
Of course God was the sole reason for invasion of Iraq.
>>
>>54067928
This, even if you disregard hundred of years of religious oppression and violence, it's still a stretch to call any form of religion "benign" as it is discourages any form of critical and rational thinking and it establishes blind faith, even when facing contradicting evidence, as the ultimate virtue.
>>
>>54067948
Rutte is een kankerlijer.

Useless fuck who doesn't care about liberties other economic and opinion.
At least he said that even denying the holocaust should be legal since people should be free to express their opinion even if it's the holocaust.

Media didn't like that though
>>
>>54067963
>>54067964
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'
>>
>>54067997
And God told Obama to close down Guantanamo.
Only an idiot would take a politician's words without a giant barrel of salt.
>>
>>54067963
>You have only further proven my point since it's history now precisely because Christians decided to self-regulate their cancerous theocratic order. There was no external force putting Christianity in its place, it was internal, AS IT SHOULD BE.
No external force? Are you fucking dim? You're completely disregarding the scientific awakening that happened in the late 1800s and early 1900s. You're completely disregarding the fact that different factions of Christianity have been pushing each other since forever. You're also disregarding the fact that Christianity itself was greatly influenced in its early days by Roman culture and power hierarchy. It started out as an arameic sect and was turned into roman state religion. Of course it was moulded and shaped by external forces all the time.
>>
>>54067963
>>historically
>We are talking the present. Don't move goalposts you dumbfuck.
You're the only imbecile here moving the goalposts. You claim that Islam is inherently violent to which I respond that Islam violence had only exacerbated during the last 30 to 40 years, indeed proving that much like Christianity, religious violence is subjected to circumstance. Namely, in the case of Islam, a hated if the West and anything that resembles it after decades of violent interventionism.
>>
File: fedoraLogo.jpg (23 KB, 801x601) Image search: [Google]
fedoraLogo.jpg
23 KB, 801x601
>>54067972
>>
>>54068033
>Namely, in the case of Islam, a hated if the West and anything that resembles it after decades of violent interventionism.
Bullshit. Islam has been in a chaotic relationship before even the West started anything following WW2, with the Sunni-Shiite shit down to all those slave army uprisings.

The only good thing the Quran does is in regards to how the poor class is treated and keeping neighborhoods together with the milk brotherhood thing.

I was talking that Christianity is presently benign because it experienced inner self-regulation,
the same that Islam and Wahhabi idiocy and other shit lack.
It is a fact that Christianity is now benign, but you faggots are too triggered and butthurt and want to use history to justify the present circumstances as if both overlap in the present.
You are moving goalposts dumbfuck.
>>
>>54067963
Further, you're saying that just because there's a central organism calling the shots, then a sect or religion is not going to promote violence? Thank God for the caliphate, then.
>>
>>54068029
>scientific awakening
>internal awakening
>external force
You are retarded, aren't you?
>>
>>54068095
>christianity is now benign
>what is LRA
>what is abortion clinic bombings/shootings
>>
File: 1452344787011.png (202 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1452344787011.png
202 KB, 500x369
>>54067347
>>
>>54068126
>implying the Christians aren't trying to regulate that shit and actively trying to stabilize the situation coming from a retarded jigaboo tribe in Africa using religion as a political symbolism, by sending people over there

>implying Islam tries to self-regulates anything unlike Christians, instead of acting like Islam is the "religion of peace" and using this justification to wipe their hands clean of taking the responsibility to regulate their own cancerous sects

You ain't good at this.
>>
File: 1434960552766.png (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1434960552766.png
28 KB, 300x300
>>54067899
>Also Irish prostants and catholics are still at war.
:^)))))))))
>>
>>54068122
>internal awakening
You dim fuck, it's no "internal awakening". The church was going on with it's own fucking bullshit about the earth being 6000 years old and shit until they were fucking forced to change because atheist scientists suddenly started coming up with explanations for the universe that made more sense than the bible's.

>>54068085
>unironically believing that religion has any place in a rational society
Have you not seen the rise of religiously motivated violence in the world lately?
>>
>>54065711
He's so fucking creepy

He talks like a serial killer

Reminds me of Dennis from always sunny
>>
>>54068181
"Drama teachers"
>>
>>54068095
You seem willing to overlook that violent extermination was enacted when the Catholic Church was already under a governing body. Not to mention that you're hopelessly confusing Christianity with Catholicism, I'll let you figure out which has a regulating organ and which doesn't. If that's the sole basis for deeming which religion is violent and which isn't, then I'm sorry boyo, you're wrong.
>>
>>54068169
>Have you not seen the rise of religiously motivated violence in the world lately?

Just Islamic.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 253x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 253x283
>>54067836
Provide evidence to back up this claim

>>54065961
>if you don't love le 2015 cuck ur a nazi

Top banter reddit

Top banter
>>
>>54068201
Filtered.
>>
>>54068161
>implying christianity and islam are organised with some central committee deciding what's "christian" and not

You do realise that there's no such thing as "christianity", right? There is a gazillion different factions and they more than often clash with each other, sometimes violently. I mean, there are recent cases of Irish catholics beating up their kids because they were acting too protestant.
>>
>>54068169
>You dim fuck, it's no "internal awakening".
It is. It is the awakening within the borders of Christianity.
There was no external power or external society influencing Christianity from outside of its borders to start regulating itself by fracturing and re-connecting itself into something more rational.

However there is a bunch of external force faggots (Western nations) trying to regulate Islam from the outside, and giving Islam a reason to wipe its hands clean by pushing all responsibility on the multi-culturalists,
while at the same time dumbfucks like you force the idea that criticizing Islam for its shortcomings is bad which only plays in the hands of Muslims to treat the problem of their religion as a No True Scotsman, and lowers the motivation to self-regulate because they have a scape-goat called "xenophobia" or "intolerance" and other shit.
This is a vicious circle now.

But sure, you can argue history with me like a faggot so we can all ignore the only solution to the extremist problem: Self-regulation and self-responsibility.
>>
>>54068194
>Just Islamic.
Explain abortion clinic shootings by Christian terrorists in the US.

Explain hindu nationalists in India raping and killing white tourists and burning down night clubs as well as killing people for eating beef.

Explain Nepalese buddhists violently murdering muslims.
>>
>>54068211
>I mean, there are recent cases of Irish catholics beating up their kids because they were acting too protestant.
There are also cases of parents beating up their kids because they are homophobes.
When people start bombing their own people, or bombing others, i'll start caring.
Thankfully the IRA shit has stopped. So you can only create lower and lower justification to trade in a discussion about life ending violence.
>>
File: really.gif (336 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
336 KB, 200x200
>>54068223
>christianity was forced to change
>internal awakening
>>
>>54068255
Too isolated to constitute a rise.
>>
>>54068286
>hindu nationalists
>too isolated
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33241100
>>
>>54068268
Yeah. Imagine that. No more crusades. No Christian bombers exploding markets filled with people.
No Christian kingdom where people are stoning women or killing people for wanting to learn science and shit.
And most importantly, Christian institutions now take responsibility for any and all shit that happens with Christians involved.

Hmmmmm, i wonder how we got to this point. Surely it is by calling anyone a "religious intolerant" who criticized Christianity when it was pulling that shit centuries back.
Oh, but calling anyone who criticizes Islam and that it needs to change itself as a racist and intolerant will surely bring about change within Islam.
Oh way, Islam isn't responsible for the shit that happens in it, that's racist and intolerant.
>>
>>54068286
More like there are no Western interests at hand and thus no incentive to arm and empower a violent guerrilla in hopes that it might overthrow the mostly secular government and not become an international terrorist organization, am I right
>>
>>54068286
>dat cherrypicking

If you have to go through this kind of mental gymnastics to justify Christianity as benign, I don't even know how to reason with you.
>>
>>54068321
lol what Christian institutions. You still don't get it do you
>>
>>54068321
When you're forced to change, you're not experiencing an "internal awakening and self-regulating" you dense fuck. You're being changed by an external force you have no control over.
>>
>>54068335
I'm not the person who you were arguing with, but yea, Christianity is mostly benign.
>>
>>54068223
>self-responsibility
>hurr let's blame Islam as a whole
>>
>>54068321
>Christian institutions now take responsibility for any and all shit that happens with Christians involved.
Yeah, that's probably why the pope is still publicly condemning condoms and calling transsexuals and homosexuals mentally ill and "astray"
>>
>>54068361
>When you're forced to change, by value of your own people creating a new branch to regulate the old, and by value of your own people forcing the Church down to a less politically influential level, it's external force

You still don't understand we are talking about external force in the form of external powers, outside of the border spectrum where the religion is located?
Do i need to draw it out for you since you are mentally retarded?
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (218 KB, 1106x838) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
218 KB, 1106x838
>>54068366
>hinders rational thought
>creating a "them and us" divide
>enforcing questionable morality
>"mostly benign"
>>
>>54068385
>hurr let's not blame Islam as a whole
>that will surely motivate them to self-regulate their own shit since nobody is qualified to regulate a religion except its own people
>let's give them an easy escape way so half the people can just wipe their hands clean durrrr
>>
DUDE
QUANTUM
LMAO
>>
>>54068412
Lol but Islam extremism is already governed by a caliphate. Surely there's no way that central bodies could be rouge or anything.
>>
>>54068385
>lets not blame islam as a whole
Muslims do what they do because of their religion
>>
>>54068393
>You still don't understand we are talking about external force in the form of external powers, outside of the border spectrum where the religion is located?
Okay, so you are just ignoring the fact that Romans shaped Christianity into their own thing in order to establish it as their state religion then? You are just ignoring the fact that 400 years of Islam in Europe hugely influenced post-medieval Christianity? You are just ignoring how Christianity adopted pagan holidays and festivals in order to get a foothold in Northern Europe?
>>
>>54068435
In fact, the whole issue with Islamic terrorism is that it's well organized instead of isolated and in need of "self-regulation". Like how stupid can someone be.
>>
>>54068406
Stop being so full of yourself. Your view of Christianity is ridiculous. You are that reason atheism gets a bad name and why the whole *tips fedora* thing exists.
>>
>>54068451
But that's not self responsibility. The minute you fault a collective for the acts of the individual, it stops being self responsibility. It's inherently contradictory to ask for self responsibility while at the same time pushing the idea that Islam at large is at fault.
>>
>>54068386
>Yeah, that's probably why the pope is still publicly condemning condoms and calling transsexuals and homosexuals mentally ill and "astray"

The current pope is the most progressive pope ever and dismissed anyone who has anything against homosexuals and such. You are arguing against something that is documented and can be easily looked up with a google search.

>>54068455
Nope. I am ignoring the fact that Christianity presently doesn't act like a religious kingdom.
And i'm saying that only a Christian can regulate another Christian, and that only a Muslim can regulate another Muslim.
No manner of scientific awakening can change the fact that it took Christians themselves revolting against their own religious institutions after realizing they are out of control, to stop Christianity form being a driving power for war and idiocy, creating sanctioned mass murder everywhere.

However Islam is currently in exactly that state. And the only way to change Islam by having Muslims rise up against their own institutions and theocracies is being hindered by a dumbfuck creating a No True Scotsman loophole where most Muslims can wipe their hands clean from regulating other Muslims because "it ain't their problem" because "it ain't a problem with MY religions" because "my religion ain't a problem, it's xenophobia that's the problem durr".
>>
>>54068479
A good portion of atheists are uptight cunts, they see themselves as extremely intelligent and anyone who believes in religion as dumb apes.
>>
>>54068479
Please explain to me how these things are benign?

>blind faith -- even in the face of contradicting evidence -- is the ultimate Christian virtue
>when you are being presented with contradicting evidence you are being prosecuted because you are Christian
>you should not ask questions or engage in critical thinking -- if you question your God you'll end up in hell
>homosexuality is a sin, it says so in the Bible -- oh, but that shit about not tearing your clothes or getting tattoos or not getting remarried, that we just disregard

Christianity is the reason why kids in schools in the US today are being taught that the world is 6000 years old and that scientists and engineers are evil devil worshippers so climate change is a hoax. How the fuck could any reasonable person say that this is benign?
>>
>>54068511
muslims believe that you must be converted or slaughtered
>>
>>54068512
The pope still thinks homosexuality is a sin. Having homosexual feelings isn't sinful though, and it is okay to be a faggot as long as you live in celibacy.
>>
>>54067033
Multiculturalism will always have problems as long as their are minorities in any population regardless of the races/ethnicity of any population.
Is there a country in the world where a minority group doesn't feel discriminated against in some way?
>>
>>54068536
Christians believe that if your hand is a source of sin, you should sever it from your arm.
>>
>>54068544
So? A pope has a subjective opinion that differs from yours, but doesn't endorse violence against the same people he has an opinion on, but rather condemns it.
I don't see a problem here unless you are an Orwellian cunt.
>>
>thorough understanding
>reigurated first line from the wikipedia article
>>
>>54068571
That verse is a parable. It refers to ridding your life of negative influences. IE if your an alcoholic stop drinking. If your have friends that are bad influences on you stop being friends with them. etc.
>>
>>54067836
>Harper was a nepotist.
AND YOU THINK JUSTIN "PIERRE TRUDEAU'S SON" TRUDEAU ISNT A FUCKING NEPOTIST?
>>
>>54068512
>The current pope is the most progressive pope ever and dismissed anyone who has anything against homosexuals and such. You are arguing against something that is documented and can be easily looked up with a google search.
He may be the most progressive. He still called transgendered people "mentally ill". Yeah, it can be looked up.

>>54068512
>Nope. I am ignoring the fact that Christianity presently doesn't act like a religious kingdom.
Except, there are people in the US today lobbying for Christianity to become part of the government. I mean, they would never fucking elect a non-christian as their president, and certainly not an atheist.

>>54068518
I don't see myself as extremely intelligent, I would say probably around average or even slightly below.... I just think that religious people are either extremely uninformed (which is the case for poor third-worlders and illiterate people) or engage in extreme mental gymnastics (which is the case for modern creationists).
>>
>>54068512
im not sure if this is next level bate or just retardadtion but if you think that muslims are in a state where mass murder is sanctioned you should turn off fox news and boot up your brain since you are literly comparing eggs to moons here just look up the war casulties of irak/afgahnistan and compare them to the number of people that died in terrorist attacks ever

only because you dont like how other people think doesnt allow you to sanction mass murder in other places in the world too retard
>>
>>54068574
>i don't see a problem with the head of one of the biggest religions spreading misinformation and prejudice
There is a reason why abortion clinic bombings are still a thing.
>>
>>54066055
there's still germans that don't hate merkel?
>>
>>54068600
>Except, there are people in the US today lobbying for Christianity to become part of the government.
And there is an equal, if not bigger, amount of Christians opposing it. But we will ignore this just because.
>>
>>54068597
Liberals balance the budgets.
>>
>>54068595
>nu uh it's a metaphor. You shouldn't read the Bible literally. But I source my knowledge of Islam form literal readings of the Quran lol
>>
>>54068619
>There is a reason why abortion clinic bombings are still a thing.
There's also a reason why a guy shot up a bunch of people in a Church.
But it doesn't have anything to do with Atheist theocracies, as much as the abortion clinic has nothing to do with Christian theocracy that doesn't exist anymore.

>>54068611
Maybe you should go and learn how many Muslim nations are theocracies that don't have a political constitution, but use the Quran as the constitution on how to regulate their nations word by word.
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>54068624
>And there is an equal, if not bigger, amount of Christians opposing it. But we will ignore this just because.
If that was actually true, then it wouldn't be an issue. However, religiously motivated bills get passed all the time in the US.

So assuming they actually still have a democracy, religion is actually hugely influencing the decision makers and the public in general.
>>
>>54068535
Those things aren't really representative of most of Christianity.
>>
File: 1454103292978.gif (347 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1454103292978.gif
347 KB, 500x280
>>54068629
>balancing a budget means the scale should tip the other side
>>
>>54068663
It's true though.
Adjusted for inflation Harper's presidency was the worst.
>>
>>54068662
>faith is not representative of most of Christianity
>>
>>54068651
maybe you should accept the fact that states are sovereign and dont have to follow your political or religious belives and that democracy is not and never was the ultimate solution for political administration
>>
>>54068651
At the same time, we should read up his many of them were led by secular regimes before US intervention, that'd be a hoot
>>
>>54068620
The fun thing is, merkel was always hated by the left and by eco activists, now the extreme right hate her. Christians love her because she is the daughter of a pastor and actually knows what the C in her party stands for.
>>
>>54068678
Southern Baptists aren't representative of most of Christianity.
>>
>>54068629
Well, so did the Conservatives.
>>
>>54068660
>However, religiously motivated bills get passed all the time in the US.
As are anti-religious bills.
But don't forget that it isn't solely religion responsible for any bills dependent on religious moralizing.
Even leftists are forcing that shit now, like for instance Feminism. What feminism preaches is basically the same sex-negative moralizing of conservative religious soccer mommies.
There is a lot of shit happening on all sides.
However, thankfully, any and all violence is being regulated as much as possible and ain't being treated with a slap-on-the-wrist.

>>54068685
>maybe you should accept the fact that states are sovereign and dont have to follow your political or religious belives and that democracy is not and never was the ultimate solution for political administration
I have no religious beliefs, and i don't find democracy to be an end-all way to administration.
I do however know that democracy represents the people taking matters in their own hands, and that part of that positive can be the people denying religious power over politics as much as it can be people putting religious theocracies in power by majority vote.
>>
>>54068701
You're right. Religion at large isn't really represented by an extreme minority. I'm glad we agree.
>>
>>54068701
Those things I mentioned was the thing my local Norwegian Lutheran-Evangelic church is preaching. It was those things I was told when I was brainwashed into being confirmed by my friends, my teachers at my public school and religious family.
>>
>>54068717
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>54068723
I don't care that you think feminism pushing equal rights is anti-religious moralizing. You're not getting away from the fact that the world's ONLY fucking superpower is currently teaching kids in school that the world was created in 6000 days and that scientists are atheistic devil worshippers and faggots are sinners.

If it was any other country I wouldn't give a fuck, but it's supposedly the most advanced democratic country in the world.
>>
>>54068733
I'm pretty sure he didn't.
>>
>>54067997
>according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month
>>
>>54068631
I don't know much about Islam, but yeah, that's what parables are.
>>
>>54065711

dude weed lmao
>>
>>54068631
You don't see thousands of Christians going out in the street cutting peoples hands off. But change Christians to Muslims and hands to heads and you have yourself a fact.
>>
>>54068782
>feminism pushing equal rights is anti-religious moralizing
A movement that is biased towards one gender can't push equality,
and i didn't say it is pushing anti-religious moralizing, but the SAME religious moralizing.
If you think objectification is a bad thing, then you are not only preaching the same as religious soccer mommies are,
you are also denying most of the LGBT their sexuality which is defined by feminists definitions of objectification.

>that the world was created in 6000 days
Yeah, that's a big problem in USA.
However Europe doesn't have that problem because the popes for the last few centuries know better than that shit by effect of the theological intelligentsia having some mutual agreements with the scientific community.
>>
>>54068723
>Even leftists are forcing that shit now, like for instance Feminism. What feminism preaches is basically the same sex-negative moralizing of conservative religious soccer mommies.
Maybe your ignorant, straw man version of feminists. And I still fail to see the anti-religion on that.
>>
>>54068620
I'm pretty sure he was being ironic.
>>
>>54068846
>Maybe your ignorant, straw man version of feminists.
There is no ignorant, straw man verion of a movement that finds itself infallible because it is biased towards one angle (one gender) and makes a soccer match out of genders,
because it never learned from an objective stance on fixing both gender's issues instead of just one.
If you want to argue equality, Feminism is to Egalitarianism what Westboro Baptist Church is to Christianity.

It's not my problem that you are too stupid to understand that equality can't be attained by further dividing and categorizing genders into a soccer match, and taking up one team and one team only.
>>
>>54068832
You do see them bombing abortion clinics tho.
>>
>>54067997
>leftists actually take the words of Bush seriously.
>leftists don't even know why we actually went into iraq
lmao are you also voting for Bernie?
>>
>>54066055
ben carson was a fucking neurosurgeon and that nigga is dumb as fuck
>>
>>54068834
>A movement that is biased towards one gender can't push equality,
But a movement or organisation or even a country that is biased by (one) religion is somehow excused?

Any political movement is going to be biased by its own views, that's why we have democracy and parliamentarism and all these things.

>However Europe doesn't have that problem because the popes for the last few centuries know better than that shit by effect of the theological intelligentsia having some mutual agreements with the scientific community.
The pope is saying that homosexuals are sinners and that transexuals are mentally ill. The pope is also saying that using a condom is the same as murdering little babies.
>>
>>54068877
Not by the thousands you don't.
>>
>>54068832
>You don't see thousands of Christians going out in the street cutting peoples hands off
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army
>>
>>54068873
>soccer match out of genders
Lol thanks for letting me not prove that you don't know what the fuck are you talking about by proving it all yourself. Boy, how narrow must your cosmovision be to even think that feminism is all about some battle of the genders regurgitated from Sunday morning contest TV shows.
>>
>>54068898
Probably because you don't live in a failed state.
>>
>>54068834
>A movement that is biased towards one gender can't push equality,
But a president biased towards christianity can be world police and tell muslims how they should behave?

Or a president biased towards religion can push secularism and separation of state and church?
>>
>>54067347
She looks stone cold
>>
>>54068894
>But a movement or organisation or even a country that is biased by (one) religion is somehow excused?
Nope.
>Any political movement is going to be biased by its own views
Nope. A movement whose core principle is that it isn't infallible, is a rational and empirical movement.

>The pope is saying that homosexuals are sinners and that transexuals are mentally ill. The pope is also saying that using a condom is the same as murdering little babies.
The pope is arguing moralistic views and not a scientific topic.
This is a social issue, not an issue of technology and science like the belief in Earth being shat out 6000 years ago.
However, so long as the pope only thinks, and doesn't enact, he can think whatever the fuck he wants.

>>>54068915
A movement that operates based on the inherent conviction that there must be division between genders (ergo it is called feminism), is a movement that is not individualist, which means it is biased towards its own gender that it is prioritizing, which means it is fundamentalist, which is has shown in the past 4 years over and over again by action. Only 1 in 4 women now support feminism, and most are re-labeling themselves as Egalitarian, because they recognize that Feminism is now a patronizing radical movement run by self-pity and blind hatred.
>>
>>54068901

>It appears to largely function as a personality cult of its leader Joseph Kony,[10] a self-declared prophet whose leadership has earned him the nickname "Africa's David Koresh".[12]
> though in practice "the LRA is not motivated by any identifiable political agenda, and its military strategy and tactics reflect this"

Do you even read your own sources?
>>
>>54068937
>But a president biased towards christianity can be world police and tell muslims how they should behave?
Where did i say that anon? Please, point out in my previous posts.
>>
>>54068979

You didn't, he's just strawmanning since he can't come up with an actual argument. He needs to say something so that it makes it look like he's winning.
>>
>>54068966
>A movement whose core principle is that it isn't infallible, is a rational and empirical movement.
Tell that to politicians.

>This is a social issue, not an issue of technology and science like the belief in Earth being shat out 6000 years ago.
Saying that killing sperm is murder is pretty unscientific. Saying that transgenders are mentally ill is also quite unscientific and overly simplistic.

>However, so long as the pope only thinks, and doesn't enact, he can think whatever the fuck he wants.
He does enact, he's literally telling every single catholic on earth what's right and what's wrong.

>>54068969
Nice cognitive dissonance there, anon. They are thousands of self-identifying christians who chop the hands of other people, for whatever reason (including, but not limited to, being muslim).
>>
>>54069004
>>54068979
Nice samefagging
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-04-16 12.06.55.png (33 KB, 720x210) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-04-16 12.06.55.png
33 KB, 720x210
>>54069033
try harder, faggot
>>
>>54069045
>inspect element
>remove (You)
>take screenshot
Oh wow, I'm impressed by your vast technological skills.
>>
>>54069025
> Nice cognitive dissonance there

Okay, give men some sources then. And not sources that are of non-political movements led by a warlord for personal gain which you will try to pass on as Christian movements like some dumb retard who doesn't even bother to read his sources.
>>
File: got_me.png (4 KB, 367x105) Image search: [Google]
got_me.png
4 KB, 367x105
>>54069033
So what?
>>
>>54069025
>Saying that killing sperm is murder is pretty unscientific.
Actually, even the scientific society is divided on this issue on whether a sperm constitutes a life or not. I personally don't give a fuck and i endorse abortion since it's better to die that live growing up under a feminist's care, and women who were raped or such should have a choice in getting rid of that baby.

>He does enact, he's literally telling every single catholic on earth what's right and what's wrong.
He shits out an opinion. He doesn't endorse violence and he doesn't endorse shutting up about violence. Be violent against gays or such, and you won't get a blind eye from him. He will condemn you.
Of course, some Christians won't agree with the pope's double standard. Thankfully the rest of society and christians will not turn a blind eye towards those extremists and will condemn them.

>>54069033
There is no samefagging, but you can think that if it makes you feel better since your retarded feminist movement is being questioned by pretty much all circles of society these days.
>>
>>54069067

In the time it took me to respond? nah
>>
>>54069068
>And not sources that are of non-political movements led by a warlord for personal gain which you will try to pass on as Christian movements
Are you fucking retarded? This entire thread has been about Islam vs Christianity.

ISIL/ISIS/IS/Daesh = led by a warlord with personal agenda
Saudia Arabia = led by a royal family with everything to gain from oppressing its own people
Iran = led by a warmongering ayatollah with personal gains
>>
>>54069086
It doesn't even take 30 seconds, so yeah.
>>
>>54069086
It takes less than 10 seconds to do that. It's even quicker to just remove the _(You) in paint if you're already pasting the screenshot there.
>>
>>54069082
>i endorse abortion since it's better to die that live growing up under a feminist's care
Someone is bitter as fuck. Did a feminist rape you or something?
>>
>>54068894
>The pope is saying that homosexuals are sinners and that transexuals are mentally ill. The pope is also saying that using a condom is the same as murdering little babies

Why are you making stuff up?

>“On that occasion I said this: If a person is gay and seeks out the Lord and is willing, who am I to judge that person?” - Pope Francis
>Pope Francis has dismissed a question about whether condoms can be condoned in the fight against Aids by saying there are more important issues confronting the world, like malnutrition, environmental exploitation and the lack of safe drinking water.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/30/pope-francis-condoms-aids-hiv-africa
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/01/10/3737836/pope-francis-explains-who-am-i-to-judge/
>>
>>54069082
>doesnt endorse violence
>thousands of transexuals and homosexuals are beaten up and even killed everyday because of dumb prejudice preached by the pope

Hitler didn't say to Himmler "gas the jews", he only said that jews were the problem.
>>
>>54069129
Nope. Thankfully my mother is the best mother in this world.
My female friends are cool, and my gf is damn ok.
My female colleagues in Chem do have a big problem against Feminism, feeling patronized by it and seeing it as a movement of infantilism.
I also take caution at the fact that Feminists are the primary orchestrators behind the push to regulate the Internet on justification of bullying, yet the same feminists have bullied, shamed, and created a religious crusade, against a Scientist because he wore a shirt made by a female friend that wasn't to the feminist liking.
>>
>>54069114
>>54069117
Ok I'll give you 30 seconds as of now,
Do it.
>>
>>54069178

Times up
>>
>>54069162
>Why are you making stuff up?
I'm not, the pope literally thinks that LBGT rights is the same as nuclear arms race and going to end with a transexual holocaust where nobody reproduces.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/pope-francis-compares-arguments-for-transgender-rights-to-nuclear-arms-race-10061223.html
>>
>>54069166
>>thousands of transexuals and homosexuals are beaten up and even killed everyday because of dumb prejudice preached by the pope
Pope preaches anti-violence. The violence against gays comes from atheists too, and i know a few, as much as it comes from a bunch of extremist.
The only difference is that ones use religion to justify while others use their own justifications to justify physical outbursts against homosexuals.
There are also a lot of people who don't like homosexuals but never would endorse, or think about, abusing them.
Society ain't that simple.

>Hitler didn't say to Himmler "gas the jews"
Funny thing. Himmler was the one who created the "Final Solution". Hitler wanted to banish all Jews outside without extermination, but he was convinced otherwise by Himmler.
However, the hole in your argument is that Hitler ignored what Himmler was doing,
while the Pope actively condemns violence and doesn't ignore it.
This is the difference we are discussing. The difference between holding an opinion, yet never ever approving of extremist enactment of it and never turning a blind eye to violence.
>>
>>54069195
That's great and all but where does he encourage violence against transgenders?

Oh wait.... what is this
>His remarks came just a month after he reportedly embraced a transgender man who asked him if he still had a place in the "house of God".

Are you trying to #rekt yourself in every post?
>>
>>54069169
>being patronised by feminists
lol ok

>Feminists are the primary orchestrators behind the push to regulate the Internet
Yes, the feminists are those that have pushed SOPA and PIPA and the Patriot Act and other bills to kill net neutrality. Make no mistake!
>>
>>54068600
they are mentally ill no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>54065711
Is that the racist fag that thinks he's a classical liberal?

>>54065961
>At least Trudeau has interest in science and respects research.
Translation: He loevs TBBT and cannot into Community, because he's afraid of stronk niggo womun.
>>
>>54069219
>>54069228

>Pope preaches anti-violence.
Well, muslim imams do the same yet muslims kill people all the fucking time.
>>
>>54069233
If you don't think that feminists want a regulated internet you're delusional, or you must have not been posting on /g/ for very long.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1968200734/wave-goodbye-to-cyberbullies-and-trolls-socialauto
>>
>>54069241
Not every neurological abnormality is an illness.

>>54069228
>the pope said he was okay with this one trans guy so the other thing totally didn't happen
>>
>>54066055
Pity she failed geography.
>>
>>54069268
>there is only one kind of feminism
>there is only one islam
>there is only one christianity and christianity is benign, except when you're talking about those fringe extremists then they do not represent christianity
>>
>>54069233
The bills you are talking about are of corporate interest to control the flow of information and for anti-piracy groups and ad firms to go draconian on the Internet.
It has nothing to do with Feminists trying to thought police,
nor does it argue down the double standard feminist have shown in regards to the anti-bullying campaign.

>lol ok
Yeah. Imagine that. A female who got to her position through accomplishment isn't listening to a feminist retard telling her that it wasn't actually accomplishment, but that THE FEMINISMS was responsible for it.
And imagine that, a woman who isn't easily offended being told by a feminist that she should be, and that she should feel like a victim instead of being herself with willpower, regards this feminist bullshit as treating her like a baby who needs her hands held by feminism. Imagine that!
>>
>>54069253

Al Baghdadi preaches for anti-violence?
>>
>>54069253
>Well, muslim imams do the same yet muslims kill people all the fucking time.
Muslim imams turn a blind eye to violence in most cases though, despite preaching it only when accused. Sadly.
>>
>>54069272

Yes, he EMBRACED that trans guy. Do you not understand what "embraced" means?
Is that what a man would do if he's trying to preach for the death of all trans people or make his followers believe that they should attack trans-people?
>>
>>54069272
it still is an illness.
no matter how much shitty propaganda gets spewed about them being perfectly normal, that will never change.
>>
File: feminism template (2).jpg (130 KB, 534x946) Image search: [Google]
feminism template (2).jpg
130 KB, 534x946
>>54069233
>lol ok
Now, welcome to reality.
>>
>>54069291
>The bills you are talking about are of corporate interest to control the flow of information and for anti-piracy groups and ad firms to go draconian on the Internet.
Yes, as in "actual attempts at regulating the internet".

>It has nothing to do with Feminists trying to thought police,
If you think these attempts are more worrying than the above, you need to seriously reconsider your priorities. The former are happening on levels with actual authority, the latter is just a bunch of angry, pink-haired pseudo-lesbians going through a phase.

>nor does it argue down the double standard feminist have shown in regards to the anti-bullying campaign.
I'm not trying to argue down the double standard of feminists. I'm just trying to point out that saying "no bully pls" is not actually regulation in the scale that SOPA/PIPA etc is.

>Imagine that!
Your pretentious tone aside, I don't think your example bears any weight hence my brevity. First of all, it's not even verifiable. You're passing on second-hand information on an anonymous board for taiwanese tapestry. Secondly, it's anecdotal as hell.
>>
>>54068699
cunt?
>>
>>54069339
Christlich (as in christian)
>>
>>54069289
Muslims are better than feminists. Because at least the muslims speak up and fight back against Daesh.

Feminism is just a cesspool of the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>54069392
There are plenty of feminists speaking out against the bullshit going on on American campuses with "safe zones" and shit.
>>
File: J._Trudea.jpg (95 KB, 599x586) Image search: [Google]
J._Trudea.jpg
95 KB, 599x586
>>54065711
>>
File: feminism template (3).jpg (184 KB, 1306x853) Image search: [Google]
feminism template (3).jpg
184 KB, 1306x853
>>54069338
>If you think these attempts are more worrying than the above, you need to seriously reconsider your priorities.
I never said they were more worrying than the above. We were talking within the context of feminism. You brought that shit up in order to now play some game of numbers.

>I'm just trying to point out that saying "no bully pls" is not actually regulation in the scale that SOPA/PIPA etc is.
But it does become one when the same double standard people are given way into the governing body like the EU shit that happened not so long ago.
Thankfully they fucked it up, and now most news sites are lacking balls to open feminism articles because people ain't supportive anymore as much as they were pre-2012. You can confirm this sway among the general populace by comparing the discrepancies between various news site articles preceding that year, and post-2012.

>I don't think your example bears any weight hence my brevity.
You can check out the hashtag #womenagainstfeminism,
and you can look up how dismissive women have become of feminism.
What i started primarily arguing is that Feminism's derision of objectification is not only anti-sexual liberation moralising, but also anti-gay/lesbian/(arguably transgender).
>>
>>54069311
>trans people will end in the equivalent to nuclear holocaust if we don't do anything about it!!!!!
>but relax guys, i don't mean you should do anything about it or anything
>>
>>54069435

He's completely right though. Transexuals carry a mental illness, and it's sad that our society tries to treat it as normal and that we need to accommodate for them.
In my opinion, we should either kill them all or shun them out of society.
>>
>>54069408
Ok, but the feminists has a huuuge backlog of things they should've said 15-20 years ago.
>>
>>54069430
>You brought that shit up in order to now play some game of numbers.
I didn't bring it up, I simply argued that being biased by religion is as bad as being biased by gender and then you went on an angry rant about how evil feminists are which none of us really care about.

>But it does become one when the same double standard people are given way into the governing body like the EU shit that happened not so long ago.
What EU shit? I haven't any recollection of this. Can you be more specific?

>Thankfully they fucked it up, and now most news sites are lacking balls to open feminism articles because people ain't supportive anymore as much as they were pre-2012. You can confirm this sway among the general populace by comparing the discrepancies between various news site articles preceding that year, and post-2012.
See below

>and you can look up how dismissive women have become of feminism.
In my country all woman identify as feminist, and they who don't are generally regarded as some christian-right stay at home moms who don't contribute to society and only makes cupcakes for her husband and children.

Well, either that, or they are some muslim immigrant welfare whore with a deadbeat husband leaching of welfare and chewing khat every day.

So my point is still that your experience is anecdotal as fuck and bears little weight.
>>
>>54069458
Even if it is a mental illness, there is no cure. The best treatment would be to accept and go along with it.
Just like it was with homosexuality, your solutions will not lead to less transsexuals, but to them hiding it and leading a more miserable life.

Just letting them be carries no negative side effects.
>>
>>54069458
>In my opinion, we should either kill them all or shun them out of society.
So you see, the pope does actually make people think they should be violent against transexuals.
>>
>>54069464
American liberal tumblr style feminism != european feminism
>>
>>54069531
Er, no. The europeans are always emulating the worst aspects of the americans. And both loves to confuse themselves with women in the 3rd world.
>>
>>54069507
> The best treatment would be to accept and go along with it.
actually trying to but its not. help them would help a lot more than pretending there is nothing wrong.
>>
>>54069552
Wrong

There has never been any discussions about "safe zones" in European universities.
>>
>>54069507
>Just like it was with homosexuality, your solutions will not lead to less transsexuals, but to them hiding it and leading a more miserable life.
See the problem here, is that they FORCE me to care about them. They FORCE people to accommodate for them. To change their bathrooms for them. To serve them. And that is the biggest reason why they need to go.
>>54069511
You think the Pope led me to this position on transexuals and faggots? No, he did not.
I honestly do not care about what the pope says, I do not get my beliefs from some kind of big brother figure, like you liberals do with your Jewish media outlets.
>>
>>54069570
whoops, butchered that somehow. fucking laptop.

trying to help them would do a lot more then pretending theres nothing wrong
>>
File: offended-by-everything.jpg (38 KB, 540x677) Image search: [Google]
offended-by-everything.jpg
38 KB, 540x677
>>54069570
>i'm actually trying to accept them but i'm still being offended by the concept of a girl with a feminine penis
Pic related: it's you
>>
>>54069584
Did any of these force you to do anything?

Just because there are a few extremists doesn't mean that all are bad.
>>
>>54069500
>I simply argued that being biased by religion is as bad as being biased by gender
I never argued against that. I argued pro-that. I argued that the same religious moralizing is also being perpetrated by secular movements.

>What EU shit? I haven't any recollection of this. Can you be more specific?
Sorry, UN shit.
This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3m-bcaCVbM

>In my country all woman identify as feminist
Which country? I can bet i can find a collective of your countrywomen shitting on feminism.
If they aren't calling themselves something else,
they will at least be sex-positive feminists deriding sex-negative feminists.
>>
>>54069584
>FORCE
I don't see them pointing a gun to your head.
>>
>>54069578
German here that is pretty left and preaches the grundgesetz, there are discussions about safe spaces in universities here. I am in the middle of teaching them humanism and egalitarianism.
>>
>>54069602
>Did any of these force you to do anything?

See the outrage against North Carolina's hb2 law. Yes, they want to force people.
>>
>>54069616

Instead they want to punish you with jail time and fines.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/texas-bakery-gay-wedding_us_56cde7d8e4b041136f19156a
>>
>>54069608
>Which country?
Norway

>I can bet i can find a collective of your countrywomen shitting on feminism.
Of course, but it again boils down to the argument being A-N-E-C-D-O-T-A-L as fuck. You do understand this, right?

>they will at least be sex-positive feminists deriding sex-negative feminists.
That is my point, there is no umbrella term "feminist" that includes shutting down the internet and hindering free speech and emasculating men. Just like there isn't an umbrella term "islam" that involves all muslims wanting to bomb the west back to the stone age and torturing all non-muslims.

But you still argue that feminism is wrong, because it can lead to those things.

You still argue that islam is wrong, because it leads to that sort of things.

I argue that christianity is wrong, because it leads to the sort of things I've pointed out in this thread.
>>
>>54069616
because physical violence is the only way to force people to do something nowadays right.
>>
File: 1444845716642.jpg (3 KB, 125x94) Image search: [Google]
1444845716642.jpg
3 KB, 125x94
>>54065711
>"""schools"""
>>
>>54069578
Emulating is not the same thing as sucessfully copying something.

>>54069598
>LE EPIK NEON HAIR MEME
Be like Hitler and open a can of gass in yur ass.

>>54069621
>humanism
Ersatz christianity.
>>
>>54069625
They are not proposing a law that forces everyone to care, accommodate and change their bathrooms for them.

People (not only trans-people) are outraged about a law that prohibits you from doing these things if you want to. But if you don't want to, you don't have to.
>>
File: CWSMLHqUkAATpEJ.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CWSMLHqUkAATpEJ.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
>le current year man
>>
>>54069661
>Norway
Wow, I thought your shithole would have learned after looking at your failed sister country Sweden.
Oh well, looks like you'll be next. This time your oil money isn't going to be saving you.
>>
>>54069662
>>54069641
Your concept of being "forced" is pretty silly. Threats about legal actions (as in "i'm gonna sue you") is not being forced. The judge ruling that you have to do X after the case is actually being decided is being forced.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.