[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that if you use Apple products you do not belong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 16
File: PRENeBcn_400x400.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
PRENeBcn_400x400.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
Daily reminder that if you use Apple products you do not belong on this board. Sure you might argue that they're better and easier to use and simple and whatnot, but the bottom line is their walled garden ecosystem is against technologically inclined people who like to tinker around.
>>
>>54049843
>walled garden
>implying iOS is on all Apple products
>>
No argument here.
Happy Friday to you, sir!

Here, have a cat!
>>
>>54049843
I realize this thread is bait but...
Do you take apart and tinker with every single technology related product you buy?
>>
This kind of thread is a counter-intelligence made by actual Apple shills. It's made to mock people who don't use Apple products and lead you to reject those ideas simply because "wow I don't want to be like this guy".
>>
Daily reminder that you have a similar mentality to those in the regressive left
>>
>muh sekret klub of leet haxors xd
Protip: the average /g/-tard is an underage kid with very superficial level of technology knowledge.
>>
>>54049982
Yes
That includes watched, single board computers and USB devices too
>>
>>54050046
I used to be just like you, now I don't have the time anymore. I bought a macbook air a few years ago, used to triple boot it and all later switched to parallels because it just werks better.

I've given in and replaced my nexus 5 with an iphone se last week and now I find myself in the situation where the only computers I use directly are my 12 inch macbook, 5k imac and iphone. I still run my own ESXi cluster with windows, linux and BSD VMs in it.

Honestly anyone that argues over which system is better is either a troll or a bloody idiot. What I can say though is that if you pick a side go balls deep because it won't be long before microsoft and google's continuity like features will be good enough to actually justify buying a windows phone instead of an android or switching your main OS to chromeOS or android instead of windows.
>>
Daily reminder if you worry about what other people choose to use or buy you're nothing but as much of a hipster faggot as those who would look down on others because they don't buy Apple gear.

Grow the fuck up.

Posted from my Clevo 11.6" netbook.
>>
I don't have anything against apple products but I agree that there are better places for Apple product owners to browse. Apple is more for those that want an easy experience without having to learn anything about tech.
>>
>>54050259
>Apple is more for those that want an easy experience without having to learn anything about tech.

You mean like every brick and mortar store that sells PCs to millions every day who also don't give a shit about whats in the box.
>>
>>54050275
They still have to look through the different options, if you want an apple computer there are just a couple different models.
>>
>>54050363
What the hell is your point?
>>
>>54050419
Picking out an apple product requires much less knowledge about technology. Not that this is bad, they are paying the extra money to not need to know all the tech jargon and that's perfectly fine.
>>
>>54050451
>Picking out an apple product requires much less knowledge about technology.

>implying picking out a desktop from PCs'Rus requires knowing anything about technology either.

You're not a special snowflake just because you have an interest in the hardware inside your computer. Millions, if not billions of people buy hardware every year, that isn't Apple, and don't give a fuck whats inside it, just as long as it works.
>>
Considering recent Windows developments, I'd say they're less locked down then Microsoft. Anyone that uses other than *nix, shouldn't be allowed on this board. Or at least have to spoof their useragent. No, OSX doesn't count as *nix.
>>
You know what? I'm gonna start reporting anti-Apple threads for trying to start flamewars. They aren't half as clever as console wars threads on /v/ and those get taken down daily.
>>
>>54050480
You are gonna end up with a shitty computer if you don't know what your doing. I've seen "gaming" computers with a 300 dollar CPU a cheap ass GPU and 16gb of RAM. With Apple you know your parts will work together properly.
>>
My brother gave me his old IPhone 4 and it's not activated but I use it when I can't cary my computer around. My main phone is an LG F4N.
>>
>>54049843
I should make a clarification. I dont think Apple products are bad per se, and dont have anything against Apple users but discussions about them just do not belong here on this board.
>>
>>54050567
>I dont think Apple products are bad per se, and dont have anything against Apple users but discussions about them just do not belong here on this board.
How is Apple and OSX not fucking technology related you clueless fuckwit?
>>
>>54050590
>How is Apple and OSX not fucking technology related you clueless fuckwit?
Because Apple and super sekrit loonix klub. No girls allowed.
>>
>>54049872
how do I change my WM or use btrfs on OS X?
>>
>>54050590
Because the discussion around them are not related to technology. The walled garden ecosystem is appalling enough.

I mean an operating system shipping (iOS) without a file browser? Or a laptop taking pride in irrelevant features such as being light or having less number of ports? What is this a joke?
>>
>>54050634
>change my wm
brew install dwm

>brtfs
You don't, but there are ZFS, EXT4, and a few other choices
>>
>>54050210
>Honestly anyone that argues over which system is better is either a troll or a bloody idiot.
You're a bloody idiot if you don't understand that PCs are objectively better than macs.
>>
>>54050693
>he doesn't have multiple computers
>>
>>54050693
>You're a bloody idiot if you don't understand that PCs are objectively better than macs.
Anon Macs are personal computers too, but i agree
Speaking from the perspective of someone who is interested in technology, non-Apple devices are far better
Soldered RAM, non removable CPU, non interchangeable storage drive, non interchangeable batteries and countless other things make Apple laptops a shit choice for anyone who browses this board and is interested in tech
>>
>>54049982
Its not a case of 'do you' you silly fuck, it's a case of 'can you'
>>
The only people who don't own any Apple products are people who can't afford them.

>Sour grapes

>(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

>Pretending that one doesn't want something, because one does not or cannot have it. (The expression originated in "The Fox and the Grapes," one of Aesop's Fables)
>>
>>54050824
EVERY TIME HAHA
EVERY TIME someone shows Applefags they're not wanted here, they go down to their survival mechanics of calling others poor. I was expecting this reply ever since i saw this thread

Do you really think 1000$ is THAT big of a money? Even McDonalds employees can afford Apple products get off your high horse of delusion
>>
File: 1450766715441.png (57 KB, 276x256) Image search: [Google]
1450766715441.png
57 KB, 276x256
>>54050893

>i was expecting this b8
>but i took it anyway
>>
>>54049843
that looks like rainbow dash's ass
>>
>>54050946
Someone's gotta take the baits you know, so that newfags dont get the wrong idea that the bait is an effective rebuttal against a perfectly fine reply
>>
>>54050968

Ok, keep up the good work lad.

>kek
>>
> against technologically inclined people who like to tinker around.
>> Implying those people don't like challenges
>>
>>54050492
>Anyone that uses other than *nix, shouldn't be allowed on this board
I agree anon :^)
>>
>>54051111
Why would anyone even do that though? Why would you need Ubuntus userspace on Windows instead of just switching?
And all the pooinloo shills were saying it like it was a great victory for them to have the option, all it shows is that Microsoft has admitted its so shit they need to piggyback on Linux finally
>>
>>54051138
>Why would you need Ubuntus userspace on Windows instead of just switching?
>just switching
Maybe because Linux is a piece of shit with less third-party programs, worse hardware compatibility, not even a decent compositor, and much more?

Now we can get the best of both worlds.
>>
>>54051231
>worse hardware compatibility
Toppest kek. Let's see you run Windows on MIPS, ARM, POWER, and other platforms
>>
>if you don't use X brand of tech, you shouldn't be allowed to post

Do you realize how childish you sound? Good thing you're not a janitor, or this board would be a massive circlejerk.
>>
>>54051255
Nice job with that BTFO'ing
>>
>>54051255
Let's see you hibernate your computer with Linux when using proprietary graphic drivers :^)

But hey, at least you can run Linux on your MIPS toaster!
>>
I don't generally tinker. I use my computers for working.
My MacBook allows me to do that without bullshit.
Saying that, I also have Linux and Windows machines.

If anything, bullshit tinkerers don't belong on /g/
>>
>>54051373
>Let's see you hibernate your computer with Linux
Hibernation's only good for laptops, and dGPUs in laptops are retarded.
>>
>>54051400
>Hibernation's only good for laptops, and dGPUs in laptops are retarded
hahahahaahahahahahaha
>>
>>54051405
Well it's true
>>
>>54051389
This
>>
>>54051373
And that wonderful Nvidia Optimus Linux support
>>
>>54051231
Compiz is fucking brilliant and stable, not sure why you think we need a better compositor?

Third party programs, are you fucking dumb? Yes you're fucking dumb. Guess you never heard of the 50k packages in the Debian repos. Also everything relevant is now open source. And hw compat has *always* been better because the kernel is open. Hw compat is worse on winshit, there's a fucking thread right now on/g/ because some win10 cunt can't adb with his android (also Linux ironically)
>>
>>54051389
>>54051434
If you use your computer only for "working" then you should post on some other board (like macrumours maybe) where you can talk about "working"

>>54051292
Well you haven't left me much choice have you? By buying Apple products you're screaming "I don't give a shit about customizability or anything about the machine, I just want to browse Facebook"
>>
>>54050756
The way I see it, the people most likely to hate apple are the ones who have some skills in tech, but whose knowledge consists of some pretty surface level stuff. They can do all the things anyone with a bit of interest can do, i.e replace parts on a desktop, install windows, etc, but they're usually utterly clueless about screens beyond resolution and couldn't program their way out of a paper bag.

Also, unless your idea of a typical modern day laptop is a thinkpad t420 then you're in for a nasty surprise. Soldered CPU's have been the norm for years, soldered RAM is quickly becoming the norm, exotic disc drive connectors are more and more common due to off-the-shelf stuff falling behind and even batteries are more often glued stuck. A pretty good example of this would probably be Microsoft's Surface tablets.

I have a degree in Comp. Eng. myself and my every day laptop is a 2011 Macbook Pro and my desktop is a self-built rig that mostly runs Linux, but dual boots to Windows so I can make Windows builds of a piece of (multiplatform) software I'm maintaining.
>>
>>54050043
To you say this to yourself to justify buying Apple products?
>>
>>54051501
But I don't even use Apple products kid.
>>
File: stopliking.jpg (43 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
stopliking.jpg
43 KB, 400x350
>>54051461
>Well you haven't left me much choice have you? By buying Apple products you're screaming "I don't give a shit about customizability or anything about the machine, I just want to browse Facebook"
Maybe some people don't give a shit about customizability? Maybe people want something that looks good and "just werks" out of the box?

Picture related is pretty much how I perceive people like the OP.
>>
>>54049843
>open source kernel, userland, development tools
>walled garden ecosystem
wtf?

>how do I change my WM
Install Quartz or a proper X server implementation

>btrfs on OS X?
You wouldn't. You would use ZFS instead.
>>
>>54051512
Ok, well protip: your implication was plain wrong.
>>
>>54051529
Then it's settled, if you need something that "just weeks" and looks, why are you on a technology board?
>>
>>54049872
iOS and OS X are obviously converging
towards iOS
>>
>>54051475
>The way I see it, the people most likely to love apple are the ones who have some skills in tech, but whose knowledge consists of some pretty surface level stuff. They can do all the things anyone with a bit of interest can do, i.e replace parts on a desktop, install windows, etc, but they're usually utterly clueless about screens beyond resolution and couldn't program their way out of a paper bag.
Damn, it works so perfectly both ways. Let's just carefully store both of these in trash where they belong.
>>
>>54051581
>If you want technology that works why are you on a technology board?

You're right, technology that doesn't work is obviously much better.
>>
>>54051633
False
>>
>>54051633

Wrong
>>
>>54051689
There you go again, making retarded assumptions.
If something doesn't work, you make it work. If it works, you improve it.

Unfortunately Apple products work, but that's about it, you can do anything much with them.
>>
>>54051705
>>54051752
I remember a version of OS X in which you wouldn't have to dig into the settings to have actual access to the file system :^)
>>
>>54051894
You what?
>>
>>54051916
"tinker" "around"

Oh no, but I guess, Candy Crush Saga works without file system access. Right?
>>
>>54051830
>If it works, you improve it.

Why? If it works, it suits my requirements. That's the definition of "works"

>Apple products work...you can do anything much with them.

Glad you agree.
>>
>>54051980
You have filesystem access by default in OS X you fucking moron
>>
>>54051998
Haha no, you need to go to settings and check on file system access.
>>
>>54052016
I never had to do that and here I am browsing the filesystem

Go be dipshit somewhere else
>>
>>54049843

This board is hosted on Apple hardware you fucking degenerate.
>>
File: bless.jpg (17 KB, 225x354) Image search: [Google]
bless.jpg
17 KB, 225x354
>>54052016
>>
>>54052038
>>54052081
You macfags don't believe me, but I have proof.
>>
>>54049843
>the bottom line is their walled garden ecosystem is against technologically inclined people who like to tinker around.

Been in software development for 8 years now, mostly Java/C#/C++, and lemme tell you, basically everyone who matters uses a Mac. Every conference and firm I've visited has been flooded by people with macbook pro's.

The bottom line is that if you actually ARE technically inclined, that walled garden doesn't exist.

I pray every single fucking day for some manufacturer to wake up and create the ultimate linux laptop with more than three-four hours of battery life and great form factor.

Until then, and this isn't a joke, the best you can get for software dev is basically a full-specced macbook.

>but expensive
Your company pays.
>>
>>54052098
Behold.
http://superuser.com/questions/366824/how-to-access-hidden-or-system-files-in-os-x
>>
>>54052098
Sure bud
>>
>>54052111
You haven't proven anything but your retardation
>>
>>54052111
>how-to-access-hidden-or-system-files-in-os-x
$ cd /path/to/dir
$ ls -a

Much hidden.
>>
>>54052125
>>54052135
Floods of damage control
>>
File: 174.jpg (29 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
174.jpg
29 KB, 300x100
>mfw macToddlers and iToddlers near me think they belong on any technology board/forum
>>
>>54052146
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1839982

You are, quite literally, painfully retarded. It hurts to even read your posts.
>>
>>54052146
>I was wrong, better make more false claims
>>
>>54052108
>ultimate linux laptop with more than three-four hours of battery life and great form factor.

If you can't even use google why the fuck are you on /g/? You're either a brain dead retard or a shill, in either case fuck off.
>>
>>54052153
This
Just by buying Apple you have proven you don't care about technology. Who technologically inclined person would buy a laptop with soldered RAM, soldered storage drive and in general non serviceable parts?
>>
>>54052206
If you have your MacBook long enough where you need to repair it, you're doing it very wrong
>>
>>54052177
>butthurt

>>54052206
Someone who isn't going to bother replacing their RAM, I suppose.

Moreover, the storage for top-line macbook pro's is the best.

Direct PCI-access.

Best build times
Best performance

Happiest programmer
>>
>>54052220
>If you have your MacBook long enough where you need to repair it, you're doing it very wrong
Prime proof macfags ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BELONG here
>>
>>54052220
This.
>>
>>54052270
How so, faggot?
>>
File: Capture.png (300 KB, 1069x474) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
300 KB, 1069x474
>>54052220
>it's wrong to own a device for longer than the warranty period

Fuck off Schiller.
>>
>>54052312
>not taking advantage of Apple's high resale value and upgrading often to new machines for next to nothing
Stay pleb.
>>
>>54052250
>i'm a clueless moron who can't even use a search engine
>so i'll just regurgitate applel marketing like gospel

This is why no one takes tech illiterate mactards seriously.
>>
>>54052270
My nan still uses a 3310, does that mean she belongs on /g/?

No people interested in tech upgrade. Most of the time before the machines end.

Using a early 2000 chinkpad doesn't make you technologically advanced. It actually shows arrogance towards tech, just as much as over paying for modern fashion tech.
>>
>>54052325
>macfags are so poor they have to perpetually rent their laptops because they can't afford to buy it

TOPKEK
>>
>>54052335
>>54052177
C'mon, don't be so bitter. Show me/us something better.

You're telling me the entire software development industry I've been seeing so far is "tech illiterate".

Maybe they need something that "just werks", since that means they get to actually make stuff.
>>
>>54052359
Sure thing bud
>>
File: typical mac professional.webm (3 MB, 955x539) Image search: [Google]
typical mac professional.webm
3 MB, 955x539
>>54052360
>makes bullshit claim
>prove i'm not a fucking retard!!!11

coolstorybro

Prove you aren't a tech illiterate mactard by showing us you know how to use google.
>>
>>54052387
I've got nothing to prove m8, nor the inclination to spend my time on you.

I've reported what I've experienced working as a software developer.

FYI I'm posting this from a W520 running gentoo linux.
>>
>>54052325
>buying tech because of resale value
Am i on the /biz/ extension of /g/?

>>54052338
This is a board for technology talks, and tinkering, if you don't like that you can leave.
We don't need fashion accessory computer discussions, I don't even use a thinkpad, but I can say they're 100x more suitable for a technology enthusiast than a shitty macbook with maybe two ports
>>
>>54052413
>upgrading to a $1000+ laptop every year for a few hundred
>not worth it
Again, stay pleb.
>>
>>54052410
>b-but i got nuffin to prove!!!11

So you have no argument and are too scared to even attempt to prove your bullshit claim. It's ok, at least you tried. 2c have been deposited in your iTunes account.
>>
>>54052441
>being this much of a poorfag
Again, stay pleb.
>>
>>54052455
>wasting money makes you not poor
Great logic anon
>>
>>54052467
Top hypocrite macfag
>>
>>54052467
>justifying being a macPeasant
Great logic fag
>>
>>54052480
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>54049843
>I can only tinker with operating systems and hardware that hold my hand through it and spoonfeed me official instructions
>but I'm still better than those dumb i[insert banal derogatory noun]s!

There's nothing stopping you from tinkering with practically any desktop operating system.

It's just a matter of whether or not you're smart enough to do it.
>>
File: 1453688713147.jpg (864 KB, 800x2500) Image search: [Google]
1453688713147.jpg
864 KB, 800x2500
>macfags are so poor they can't afford to even keep their macs

TOPKEK

YOU

CAN'T

MAKE

THIS

SHIT

UP
>>
>>54052467
bitter angry shitposters on /g/ who constantly bluster lies bout macs are always poor and bitter because of the wealth disparity

otherwise you wouldnt spout lies about macs like you "need all the ports on my chinky thinkbad to be 3l33t"
>>
>>54052527
I have no fucking clue what you're ranting about
>>
>>54052504
i can literally see the cracked drywall where you punched your moms basement wall before madposting that
>>
>>54049843
I'll take the bait
what is better than iPod classic?
>>
>>54052527
Having ports is miles better than buying and caring around adapters

>>54052502
Says the macfag who hasn't ever used his machine for anything other than browsing Facebook.
Let's see YOU program and put a microcontroller inside you laptop to measure temperature and control the fan accordingly
>>
>>54052572
A $3 chink mp3 player that doesn't force you to use ID3 tag cancer and iTunes.
>>
>>54049843
But a Mac is superior to most Windows laptops in terms of built quality. You might like plastic chinkbooks but I don't.

Don't like iOS 
>>
>>54052589
The iPod Classic doesn't either
>>
>>54052601
That very nice and wonderful but I like choice and freedom to modify in a machine, and so does every technologically inclined person.
I'm not willing to sacrifice those two every
>>
>>54052601
>throttlebook
>build quality

niceme.me
>>
>>54052146
>jokes on u I was le troleing all along.jpg
>>
I'm again repeating, I do not hate Apple users or their products, it's just that there are better places for talking about them.

Same goes with graphic cards, CPUs, and smartphones
>>
This thread is comedy gold
All you faggots tryingto justify yiur bad decisions
Stay classy /g/
>>
I like what Louis said, that somehow the more you know about computers the less intuitive Apple products become.
>>
>>54052870
That's wrong though
>>
>>54052601
Apple laptops have the design and materials of a $500 laptop. You're not paying for quality, you're paying for a brand name. How the fuck do you design a laptop for editing and design that throttles itself when actually doing those things?
>>
>>54052574
>the truth makes me automatically one of them because it hurts your feelings
>getting all this straw everywhere with your irrelevant rambling about microcontrollers (??) in an attempt to steer the discussion away from the fact that you are literally too dumb to use google, read a book or even open and use a terminal without being explicitly instructed to do so by a university professor or GNU/Linux ricing wiki
>b-but I'm still smarter than those macFAGS!!!!!
lol

take your console kiddo tier crying and whining back to >>>/v/
>>
>>54050210
Please leave this board you have much logic
>>
>>54052936
I can't understand your ramblings either
>>
If you like OSX just build a hackintosh, macs are overpriced garbage.
>>
>>54053012
>no u
Great work showing the macfag bogeyman how it's done. Gamertards truly are the "master race."
>>
>>54052936
>mactard
>claiming someone else is too dumb to use google, read a book or even open and use a terminal

topkek
>>
>>54053124
I don't want a lowly macfag accusing me of being a gamer faggot.
I hate /v/ bastards more than you ever could
>>
>>54053159
>But I'm not a gamertard! MACFAG MACFAG MACFAG MACFAG MACFAG MACFAG
lol

the only difference is that you don't play games
>>
>>54052926
>>54052636
>the throttle meme
never change /g/
>>54052926
What $500 laptops have MacBook Pro build quality, you're full of shit.
>>
>>54053510
>le MacShit build quality meme
never change mactards
>>
>>54053542
So none, thanks


>>
>>54052173
>hidden files
>file system access
>same thing
It is you who should read my posts.
>>
>>54053510
First laptop I found:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-100s-11-6-laptop-intel-atom-2gb-memory-32gb-emmc-flash-storage-red/4475000.p?id=1219751168924&skuId=4475000
>>
File: 1457042788055.jpg (208 KB, 988x802) Image search: [Google]
1457042788055.jpg
208 KB, 988x802
>>54053510
What MacBook has build quality, you're full of shit.
>>
>>54053762
Yes, old memes
>>54053755
>plastic
>lenovo
>32GB SSD
>2GB of RAM
>Intel Atom
>no backlit keyboard
2/10 see me after class
>>
File: 1459308741051.jpg (108 KB, 968x351) Image search: [Google]
1459308741051.jpg
108 KB, 968x351
>>54053844
>old

The only old meme is that macbooks are aren't total shit.
>>
Its clear here that most of the anti-apple arguments come from people than never used even an iPhone.

I'm not saying everyone should like their shit, but Apple products recently (since ~2011 at least) have been fantastic. If you used it, you know it.

I used to rice things when I was a kid and had nothing better to do but nowadays with a job and University who has the time for this shit? Its just a time waster, you're never satisfied with this shit once you start.
>>
>>54050659
>OSX.
>No file browser.
You've never actually used an Apple product, huh?
>>
File: dickbut.png (252 KB, 1236x1500) Image search: [Google]
dickbut.png
252 KB, 1236x1500
>>54049843
FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG
>>
>>54053568
>>
>>54050800
What is "it"?
>>
>>54049843
I hate Apple as much as you but if you think that something being good for tinkering with means that it's good for daily use.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3335x2979) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3335x2979
I hate poor people.
>>
The consensus I hear is that Apple is overpriced, has excellent customer service, makes crappy software, but has excellent hardware.
>>
>>54057839
Which is weird considering the politics of most apple users.
>>
>>54057839
I hate people who waste their money on shit-tier devices.
>>
>>54057871
Sounds like Apple users are in the clear
>>
>>54057847
I don't think anyone makes a better touchpad than Apple, and by extension touchpad gestures that actually work.
>>
>>54057901
Probably has more to do with iOS, since OSX will probably be deprecated. I wouldn't even be surprised if they scrap laptops.
>>
>>54057939
>OSX will probably be deprecated

that will not happen in 30years
>>
>>54057939
A shame really, I want to buy a 13" rMBP but I don't need one right now so I'm borrowing a 15" 2012 to test. I like some features but hate others, and would probably flat out hate it if it was dumbed down to a tablet experience. There are some really nice features like being able to send/receive texts/calls from this laptop through my phone.

I really don't think they'll ditch OSX for iOS anytime soon however.
>>
I don't like apple because other manufacturers give you same hardware for half the cost.
There's NOTHING in a macbook that justifies the inflated price.Same goes for iphones.
>>
>>54057939
I really doubt that, their sales are improving and as long as that happens there is no reason to.

I could see them moving to their ARM chips to improve profits margins though.
>>
>>54057976
I was just reading articles about how stale the laptop offering are. Also, Apple will probably go the Linux kernel route, so there will be no separate OSes.
>>
>>54057997
I would probably sell a few more laptops if they bought the colour options from the MacBook over to the Pro series and dropped the Air lineup and lowered the price of the MacBook.

Or keep the Air lineup, give them the colours as well and a higher resolution screen.
>>
>>54050756
That's new mac meme shit. I fucking hate the soldered shit too. But OS X is still better than windows. I bet you if you were to present a group of people, one at a time, two identical machines with one running windows 10 and the other running El Capitan (hackintosh with right click mouse), many of them will choose el capitan.

Why did I choose el capitan and windows 10? Because they are most current versions of the flagship OSes produced by Apple and Microsoft.
>>
>>54057847
pretty much.
>>
>>54049843
>walled garden ecosystem
>he doesn't know about hombrew, pkg_add, macports...

>technologically inclined people who like to tinker around
>implying ricing is being technologically inclined.
hahaha, fuck off m8
>>
>>54051475
/thread
>>
>>54049843

Sometimes walled gardens are nice if you'd like to actually look at and smell the flowers instead of spending countless hours rooting around in shit in an empty lot just to plant their seeds.
>>
>>54050551
Who gives a shit.
>>
>>54050634
How do you do either of those on Windows?
>>
>>54060143
>>>/v/
>>
>but the bottom line is their walled garden ecosystem is against technologically inclined people who like to tinker around.

>POSIX OS
>comes with ZSH by default
>and a whole bunch of other great command line tools.

no, you are the retard who doesn't belong here OP.
>>
>>54058638
Why are you implying I rice my PC?

>>54059091
Sure they're good, everything has its place, I'm not saying Apple products are bad, it's just that they're locked so that people don't thinker around with them.

>>54060753
What about iOS then? I can install a Debian chroot on my Android phone, can you do anything like this?
>>
>>54060827
iOS is a completely different kettle of fish. The only thing a phone needs to be good for technical people is an SSH client, which it has.

There is absolutely no need to fucking chroot debian on your android. More rice bullshit that serves no purpose.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.