[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Firefox ever be good again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: firefox.jpg (401 KB, 2000x1147) Image search: [Google]
firefox.jpg
401 KB, 2000x1147
>>
Could you repeat the question?
>>
>>54042329
>>
>>54042329
Will niggers ever walk on the moon?
>>
>>54042318
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Firefox#Notable_patches

MAKE FIREFOX GREAT AGAIN!
>>
>>54042318
No. install Palemoon.
>>
>>54042318
Its best chance is actually Mozilla getting into serious difficulties. The reason it's complete shit right now is because the company is full of people who don't give a shit, but are happy to ride the Mozilla gravy train because they pay so well. Once the money runs out, these rats will be the first to flee the sinking ship, at which point there's a small chance that Firefox can survive and be turned around by those left.

Of course, the longer they keep coasting along, the worse the browser gets, the more users flee and the less likely a recovery is. Remember to pray and ask for Mozilla's bankruptcy before bed tonight.
>>
>>54042318
I'll reverse the question.

Why is Firefox bad?

I've used it for like 8 years now with absolutely zero complaints

I even tried Chrome and Chromium and had to go back because I preferred Firefox. Also tried out snake oil like Palemoon, saw more problems than benefits
>>
>>54042775
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>54042818
Nice answer friend, you sure showed me the light on this issue and converted me to your opinion.

Firefox. Bad. Firefox. Bad. Firefox. Bad.
>>
Nah it had its time. It will die out when gtk doesin a few years.
>>
No. Install Cyberfox
>>
>>54042775
Bloat, slow as fuck compared to other browsers, ads in home tab
>>
>>54042836
Nobody's trying to convert you, cuck. Use whatever you like. Nobody cares. The fact that Firefox has bled out more than half its userbase over the past five years speaks for itself in terms of its quality and direction. Under 16% on the desktop and the slide shows no signs of abating.

And that's even being generous and not including mobile, where Firefox is a complete joke. With mobile thrown in, Firefox now has an 8.54% share of the overall browser market.
>>
File: 1459976510515.jpg (233 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1459976510515.jpg
233 KB, 500x750
Nope. Sjws have already ruined it.
>>
>>54042318
Firefox works for me.
>>
>>54043495
No. You work for firefox.
>>
>>54042343
>implying Neil Armstrong hasn't walked on the moon
>>
>>54043440
>it's not popular therefore it's not good
'a tour de force of logical fallacies, 4/5 stars' - the new york times, on this post
>>
>>54043511
No, that's not how free software works senpai. Firefox means Firefox does only what I want. This cannot be true for non-free software.
>>
>>54042683
uh, no. Lazy is not the problem

People are scared as fuck right now, the previous leadership dumps all the cash in "women" projects and they have a hostile as fuck atmosphere where their currently leadership has said they will fuck up your life if they catch you saying anything during a private conversation.
>>
Nope. Just switch to Vivaldi like all the other sane people
>>
File: anita_ok.gif (3 MB, 256x234) Image search: [Google]
anita_ok.gif
3 MB, 256x234
>>54042318
No, firefox made me change to chromium. It is about as an a botnet as chrome. So whats the point.

>>54042640
>Slower than firefox
>Based off Old firefox
>Never Updates
it's shit
>>
>>54043548
I'm sure you want the ads, spyware, and drm.
>>
>>54043581
Wear a trip so that everyone can know in advance that you are clinically retarded. It's for the greater good.
>>
>>54042318
e10s will help
>>
>>54043824
POO
>>
>>54043440
>The fact that Firefox has bled out more than half its userbase over the past five years speaks for itself in terms of its quality and direction.
Not really. Google just put messages up on its search engine saying "Your browsing experience is slow and shitty, try our browser to speed things up!" and people ate it up. Firefox can't compete with the mass reach of Google.
>>
>>54042343
They already did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xJzAYYrX8
>>
>>54043440
at least IE is dying
>>
No. It's only going to get worse from here.
>>
>>54044102
I wish I could upvote you more than once.
>>
>>54043440
Actually Firefox hasn't bled out as bad as people have thought. The actual number of users has stayed roughly the same, it's more people are now using and unfortunately not picking Firefox so of course its percentage is going down. Firefox just isn't picking up the new users it needs to compete.
>>
>>54045385
the internet
>>
So, what is the best browser now that firefox is ruined?
>>
it is already the best out there
>>
>>54044102
to be fair, my browsing experience was slow and shitty
>>
>>54043440
>opera hasn't improved
why? it's such a good browser.
>>
Why is it so bad, bloated and slow? I don't want to look at their code but they must be doing something horribly wrong, data structure wise.
>>
>>54042329
You're not a boss of me now
>>
>>54044354
kek
>>
What version is Firefox supposed to be on?

I'm using Iceweasel, I don't think this thing has updated in 2 years.
>>
>>54042894
>implying I'd support Strayya shit
pls only shitpost in /pol/,kthnxbai
>>
>>54043529

>Thrilling and enthralling. The best post of 2016.

Niles Fomely, Washington Post
>>
>>54046312
Firefox and Chrome perform about the same on all the different OS/hardware combinations I've tried. It's probably you who are doing something wrong.
>>
>>54045615
The answer is always Chrome.
>>
>>54042318

My hope is that servo will perform well
>>
>>54045615
Chrome and Vivaldi
>>
Probably not but I don't see any alternative.
>>
>>54045615
still firefox. even if it's ruined.
>>
File: palemoon-gtfo.png (307 KB, 1084x768) Image search: [Google]
palemoon-gtfo.png
307 KB, 1084x768
>Ok lets try palemoon
>open browser for the first time
>dat start page
>tumblr, fb, reddit, instagram, googlenet
>uninstall
>>
File: stallman.jpg (3 MB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
stallman.jpg
3 MB, 3504x2336
Hilarious thread, I didn't know people on /g/ were using browsers like chrome. I'd recommend using firefox for you guys if you still think chrome is faster pls go to /v/ and tell them how fast you can play farmville with your botnet browser
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.