[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nobody is actually *against* having more women in IT, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: kode.png (1 MB, 1357x1281) Image search: [Google]
kode.png
1 MB, 1357x1281
Nobody is actually *against* having more women in IT, right?
>>
Delete this you patriarchic shitlord
>>
I've been a php developer for 8 years now. In that time I have never once met a female coder.

I don't think the web development industry is missing out because there are no female coders, I also can't imagine a female coder being any better or worse than a male.

I don't think it really matters.
>>
i could not give a shiny shit as long as the software i pirate works properly
>>
>>53983234
This made me smile.

>>53983205
I think this is the correct attitude to have. There's no reason why women should be better or worse programmers than men so it really shouldn't matter either way.
>>
Why is /g/ so apprehensive about women in tech? Why do they care so much?
>>
i'm not against it at all.
>>
>>53983205
>coder

Entire post and any further posts discarded.
>>
File: kek.jpg (15 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
15 KB, 292x257
>>53983162
cd code

>cd: no such file or directory: code
cd..
>zsh: command not found: cd..
cd..
>zsh: command not found: cd..
cd ..
cd [folder]

cd code

>cd: no such file or directory: code

Holy fuck my sides
>>
>>53983162
You don't have to approve them they just have to study, be good and show their skills to employer... that's all the steps.

If observations may indicate that women on average don't code as good it might be of biological differences.
>>
>>53983162
i dont really give a heck tbqh
>>
>>53983162
My startup needs more variety. I'd hire her on the spot.

The one guy I have under my employment isn't nearly minority enough.
>>
>>53983162
I don't use the word cringy at all but this is just too much

What the hell is she even doing?
>>
>>53983162
As long as you quadriplegic your gender doesn't really matter.

If you are tho arguments could be made for either gender.

Male:
pro
- can use erect member to type
- does not require any outside help

con
- only relatively short intervals in which coding is possible
- may require medical attention after an especially long session

Female:
pro
- better muscle control over genitals, so a variety of attachments could be developed to assist in the task
- no limit to coding sessions

cons
- once a month becomes a health hazard
- requires external help to develop necessary tools
>>
>>53983709
>- better muscle control over genitals, so a variety of attachments could be developed to assist in the task
what about my butt muscles
>>
>>53983714
Well since that one isn't specific to either gender you could consider it a neutral option.

Particularly suited for bigger enterprises with a high staff churn, as no specialized equipment would be required
>>
>>53983162
Not in principle, no.

We have something against managers hiring less qualified women over more qualified men on the grounds that they're female and nothing else.
>>
maybe you'll get laid

jk you are all bitter faggots
>>
>>53983205
>php developer
How do you not want to kill yourself every workday?
>>
>>53983162
Do you even need a definition to concatenate strings?

Thats a bad example.
>>
I have a dream that we can one day judge people on the quality of their code and not the color of their skin or the shape of their genitals...

That being said I'm quite frustrated that the fems and minorities in my collegiate program couldn't be kicked out due to affirmative action even though they were very very very shit tier.
>>
Why can't we just hire people based on merit instead of >affirmadibe agdion :D?
>>
>>53983996
because of the straight white male guilt meme
>>
Who cares what gender they are. As long as they know what they're doing, I'm happy. It's not sexist that the majority of the tech world is male because less women are interested in the tech field. It's not our fault that they don't want to do it.
>>
>>53983996
Because that wouldn't be fair females need to be given priority to reach corporate diversity percentage
>>
I wouldn't have a problem with more women in IT. The issue I have is when they try to make it about themselves. No one gives a shit about what I think about x,y,z. Why should it be any different for women?
>>
>>53983787
Lelelele
>>>reddit
>>
>>53983162
I just don't give a shit. Literally the only place where I heard of people complaining about this kind of shit is 4chan. In the real world every woman I met who was studying a STEM subject was fairly modest about it and just did whatever everyone else did without expecting any kind of special treatment.
>>
>>53983813
Nothing wrong with PHP. If you have problems with it you're just a shit
>>
The problem is they don't want to do it. But that's not even a problem. Women and men are different and like different things. If a woman wants to go into IT and is good at it, why not. The thing is, they don't or aren't most of the time. Same thing with non-whites and non-asians. They mostly aren't interested. Forcing diversity is not warranted.
>>
>>53984345
>>53983205
These two.
/thread
>>
>>53984345
They try in my experience just they fail.

First semester at college.
Prog 1 - full of minorities and women
Same with Calc 1.
All say they are cs majors

Second semester:
Prog 2 and Calc 2 all white and Asian dudes.
>>
Feminazis will make the argument that there are a disproportionate amount of men in IT, but what about other industries that are even more male dominated? Where are the feminists complaining about jobs in construction, operating machinery, finance and politics?

The issue is getting women interested in these industries in the first place.
>>
File: 4L_EJSdnp66.jpg (10 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
4L_EJSdnp66.jpg
10 KB, 252x200
>>53983162
Women are sex objects. Their only job is to look pretty, make and raise babies, cook and clean. They add no value to the workforce because they cannot compete without lowered standards. Men continually raise the standards. Women whine and bitch and cry and sue until they are handed things they did not earn and are allowed to participate with lower shit tier standards.
>>
Doesn't matter at all. Just like their male counterparts some women are great in IT and others are complete shit.

I wouldn't mind more women though. Seeing the same 3 people everyday gets boring. I'm lucky if I even see a female on a daily basis these days.
>>
>>53984345
>non whites
Do Pajeets think they're white or what?
>>
But I really enjoy the boys club that is IT. Just like I really enjoyed the boys club when I worked as a labour on construction sites in uni.
Having women around the office would fucking suck
>>
File: images-6.jpg (15 KB, 445x331) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
15 KB, 445x331
>>53983162
How is women in tech a bad thing? Why would you not want a cute hacker girlfriend? It would be nice to be able to have intellegent conversations with a female for once...
>>
>>53984886
>female
>intelligent
you may choose only one.
>>
>>53984886
Do you have any idea what kind of women get into IT?
The kind you get sick of in a day
>>
>>53983162

My personal experience has been pretty shitty.

>Have 8 years IT experience
>Start new job as Sr. Sys Admin
>Manager is some engineer who inherited the position in like 98
>Doesn't know shit about IT. Takes teams word for everything
>Get's pissed when it isn't perfect first go around
>Buy's old ass wireless devices with no controller, warranty or licensing
>Expects them to deploy to warehouses with absolute coverage and perfection
>Get's pissed off and rags on the rest of the team for them not being perfect
>mfw this is like a monthly occurrence.

Other than the occasional oversight on her part, the job isn't bad. You can absolutely tell that she's only in the position because she inherited it and was promoted from within the company during the dark ages. She'll get smart with us ever so often so I'll just throw around some server/network/IT jargon in the form of questions and watch her stumble and make a fool of herself.
>>
Women make beta males uncomfortable. I bet quite many of them chose an IT profession simply because they wanted to avoid them.
>>
>>53984886
Have you ever had female coworkers on a tech-related field?
Have you ever had a female partner in a tech-related project?
>>
>>53984976
>She'll get smart with us ever so often so I'll just throw around some server/network/IT jargon in the form of questions and watch her stumble and make a fool of herself
Have fun being fired
>>
>>53985233

Nah, While I am know that the possibility is definitely there, I've been doing it for the entire year I've been here and it's always in a tactful manner. I'm not blatantly stumping her for the amusement of the real IT people.

In any case, I'm the most Sr. admin for the team and she constantly is depending on me to get shit done that no one else can. Not too worried about it.
>>
>>53983271
Women are more prone to say, it does what I wanted it to do even though it runs slow as shit, I don't give a shit if it has 3GBs of useless shit, I don't want to risk breaking it to make it work faster, etc
>>
/g/ likes to judge programmers based on their merits, not their gender. It just so happens that Karlie Kloss is a really shitty programmer.
>>
>>53984886

>intelligent conversation with a female

Confirmed for never having talked with to a female.

You don't want females anywhere but at home cooking for you and bearing your children.
>>
>>53983205
>this emoji copypasta

so long as someone can produce good work - I'd hire them, be them man, woman, white, black, blue who gives a fuck
>>
>>53984834
They're asians tho
>>
>>53986410
Does she has any experience at all?
Or is she only faking?
>>
>>53983162
>>53983275

we care when women and edgelord men are doing what doesn't belong into the coding community - mimimi about shit

we don't care who the hell co-writes the code in work or who was the genius brain that developed that comfy shit i use daily, we care that it's functioning and we don't pay for shit products
>>
>>53983709
just like those shitty COCs

the only COC that should be accepted in any real project is:
1. contribute quality code
2. GOTO 1.
>>
>>53983162
>Core M
>>
>>53983162
happens to me too, its probably zsh bug
>>
>>53984345
/this

over the 5 year in my uni i studied (~100 students in class, between 15-25 are chicks per every year) I only knew of two girls that fit this description.. one was pretty much top 5 or so in most of coding/algorithm/math classes and one dominated with her skills more or less everyone, in some cases even those with masters or phd. degree that were assigned to some courses
>>
>>53984476
these are "unattractive jobs", desu, why should women do them
/s
>>
>>53983162
I'm all for more women in tech, but NOT just for the sake of having more womyn in tech.
>>
>>53983162
>bai 5
god-tier taste
>>
>>53984424
This.

I had 2 or 3 female colleagues in my class in Uni. One of them was a hambeast anime/deviantart/pony lover who disappeared at some point. Of the other two, one just started crying when she couldn't make something work on final projects and the other went on to some company's HR department. Oh, there was another one who was actually decent. She had severe Asperger's.
>>
>>53987324
>I'm all for more people with knowledge and skill, but NOT just for the sake of having more womyn in tech.

fix'd
>>
>>53987371
women can have knowledge and skill, it's just not as apparent because the ones without it are really loud so that's what everyone ends up thinking about.
>>
It's OK she motivates women to learn coding. I'm happy with any clever mind that is going to learn code.

She even uses ruby so she is actually above any js faggot who uses js out of the browser.

Also your bash skill says nothing about your coding skill. Bash is mainly experience coding is being creative. I could cry every time I see super dumb stuff because ppl can't code.
>>
File: download.png (5 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5 KB, 241x209
>>53987492
>She even uses ruby so she is actually above any js faggot who uses js out of the browser.
its a fucking precious stone, of course she'd go for ruby.
>>
>>53986384
this is bullshit, I've experienced the exact opposite.
>>
>>53983162
As my IT department once said

>Women in the field are more likely to be hired by companies compared to guys to try and avoid accusations from feminist groups and make their company look better.

>Also, for guys, there's not a lot of women trying to learn this stuff, and when you do see a woman in these institutions or work places, 99% of the time she's with someone and there's already 10 other guys after her trying to score, you don't stand a chance.

they're big sluts in the end
>>
>>53987574
Well, I've also seen professors copy-pasting code from the internet while it's all being projected.
>>
>>53987705
hmmm? I think you're misunderstanding what I said.

And I have seen that as well.
>>
>>53987558
DELETE THIS
>>
>>53984899
>human
>intelligent
choose one and only one
>drop the nuke putin, thx
>>
>>53987087
>any experience at all
She makes over 700 dollars a week and "gives anonymously," so technically she's "getting experience" by editing readmes and cd..
>>
>>53987953
What was that?
>>
>>53987705
> the year of our lord and saviour RMS 2016

> not copypasting from stack overflow

I bet you use vi too, cuck.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.