[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is programming the hardest job in the world?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 25
File: tumblr_n8vj97Djk81qla8o6o1_1280.jpg (242 KB, 1000x423) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8vj97Djk81qla8o6o1_1280.jpg
242 KB, 1000x423
Is programming the hardest job in the world?
>>
not even close. If you're good at algebra you can probably program.
>>
>>53981026

don't be stupid
>>
If you do programming using C#, then yes.
>>
Are you kidding? It's the easiest job in the world. All you do is type on the computer.
>>
>>53981177
>C#

Never in my life have I used an easier language. It's like Java for retards, and I didn't think it could get much simpler than Java.
>>
Fuck no.
It's not the easiest though. It's not as easy as being female but it's easier than cleaning sewers
>>
>>53981026
Depends if by 'hard', you mean either physically hard or mentally stressing. Even if you mean either of those, programming is nowhere near the hardest and it's a very comfy job.
>>
It's not hard, but it can be challenging, and I don't think everyone can do it.

If that makes any sense?
>>
File: bait cia.jpg (90 KB, 739x742) Image search: [Google]
bait cia.jpg
90 KB, 739x742
>>53981196
>>
>>53981210
>he thinks being a woman is easy

Virgin detected.
>>
>>53981292
>Getting more privileges in society just because you have a vagina
>not easy

Lmao, mad woman detected.
>>
>>53981292

Being good in the sack is literally the only skill you need as a woman though.

Once you've mastered that, and let's fact it, it's like riding a bike, all you have to do your entire life is focus on your looks exclusively.

If you manage to look even half-way descent and be a 10/10 lay, you're essentially set however you look at it.
>>
>>53981336
Jesus dude, I bet you're a real hit with the ladies.
>>
>>53981210
>>53981329
>>53981336
The fact that *you* treat women better just for being women doesn't mean that everybody puts women on a pedestal
>>
>>53981387
What? Do you live in a fucking cave or something? Women get more privileges and rights than men on a daily basis. This isn't about a few men treating women better.
>>
>>53981412
are you retarded? It wasn't more than 70 years ago that women got the right to vote in many countries
>>
>>53981026
Unless your mentally retarded no.
>>
>>53981026
Probably, considering almost all other jobs involve at most rote memorization and scripted, pre-planned actions where the time to completion of every aspect of the plan can be known beforehand.
>>
File: dontinstallgentoo.jpg (723 KB, 2142x2856) Image search: [Google]
dontinstallgentoo.jpg
723 KB, 2142x2856
>>53981292
>>
>>53981927
I pay for every purchase in my life with credit cards. How fucked am I?
>>
Doubt it.
When creating software, if something is logically and mathematically feasible, it can be implemented.
In engineering, even if a design or analysis makes sense on paper, there is no guarantee it will work in the real world. Real life is jsut too complex and there is an almost endless number of hurdles to overcome before a product can be deemed feasible.

Programming is easy mode by comparison, especially anything with a high level language. If you are working in mechatronics or embedded systems it may be more challenging.
>>
>>53981993
Pretty much this more or less.

>mechatronics
You mean the software side of it, right? Because the engineering side of mechatronics is broad as fuck and quite on the spot with other engineering disciplines.
>>
>>53982042
Yeah, I meant the software side.

I've worked in mechatronics before (as a mechanical engineer), and integrating control software to work with mechanical and electrical components in the real world can be problematic.

For example, I've seen control systems that do not account for things like strain/deflection of components under load. Electromagnetic compatability (interference caused by magnetic fields, for example, from high-powered electric motors) is another issue. Hence, it's a little more difficult than just writing software.
>>
It's not as easy as being a woman, but it is extremely easy
>>
>>53981880
>are you retarded???? It happened 50 years ago that women couldn't vote

You can't be serious.
>>
>>53982186
Thanks for the insights. It's one of the fields I can probably get into with my degree and probably will and I can continue my education on that line (get a better foundation in the mechanical realm) if a I put in a bit of self-study .
I know basic bits about EMI, I haven't had the chance to work in some noisy industrial environment though yet. Now that I think of it... probably the biggest problem is sensors or related signal conditioning picking up noise/spikes.
>>
>>53981880
literally what the fuck are you talking about? pretty much every nation except the african and middle eastern ones instituted nationwide laws allowing women to vote by the 20s. Of the nations we think of as developed, the US was pretty much the last in 1920.
>>
>>53981026

Saying that being programmer is easy is like saying that being doctor, teacher or police men is easy. It all depends on what are you dealing with.
>>
>>53981026
>free palestine
But they are free to leave the country you know
>>
>>53981167
>falling for this
One thing has nothing to do with the other
>>
File: 1458161316106.jpg (117 KB, 802x720) Image search: [Google]
1458161316106.jpg
117 KB, 802x720
>>53982352
Well, I guess it depends on the type of sensor, but, for example, you could implement some kind of EM shielding to prevent interference from background radiation. This is a kind of mechanical solution.

You could also, for example, write a band-pass filter to remove noise at a software level.

Or you could simply include a smoothing capacitor on the board of the microcontroller to remove spikes from any signals, as a more straightforward electrical /electronic engineering solution.

This works great until you find out that the mass of the capacitor causes it to resonate when subject to the vibration of the machine it is mounted on, and the solder cracks due to metal fatigue, and so the vibration loading destroys the electronic components

This is why multidisciplinary engineering is tough. The shit you don't know about (outside of the boundaries of your discipline) trips you up.

But if you are working together with guys from different technical fields and working on projects, you'll be fine. Self-study is great, but nothing quite motivates you to study something as much as having specific problems to solve. At least in my experience.

Godspeed anon. it's nice work if you can get it.
>>
>>53982522
That would mean that these Jordanian Arabs have to be live on their own without anybody taking care of them.

And then they would cry "Programming the hardest job in the world"

Anyways, no it's not hardest job in the world. It is a job that you need to know how to do it, and you need to experience it a lot.
>>
File: 1306274539978.png (3 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1306274539978.png
3 KB, 400x400
The fuck are you talking about you retard?
You just sit your fat lazy ass on a fucking chair and type on a keyboard.
You don't even need any special fucking laboratories, any facilities, you don't even need any fucking academia.
All you need is a fucking computer and the Internet, the rest is just downloading e-books on math and programming and looking through other people's code in order to learn.

It's the laziest job on this fucking planet. The only hard part about it is whether you find memorizing code and playing with it as a boring task or not.

You don't even have any fucking dangers with the job, and you can do it without having to develop any social skills whatsoever because you are a basement worker.

It's the lowest common denominator in STEM,
and that's why it's the only field in STEM that has femnazis and SJWs pissing and shitting in it.
It's the reason that when the whole retardation with women in tech and affirmative action is being talked about,
the go-to field that's used is programming. You ain't gonna see any other STEM field because they require more than sitting your ass on a chair.
>>
>>53981026
Nope.
It was IBM's proud boast that they could teach anyone to program in 6 weeks. After that additional languages were easier to learn.
Coders are probably the most self-referential people alive; worse even than surfers, rock musicians, bicycle riders or web cartoon writers.
>>
>>53982807
>>53982807
>not realizing SJW and fems already infiltrated bio and are working on dumbing down both premed and chem now as well

the suffering is real

If you doubt it, read about WTU at stanford and what they're trying to do to the science departments
>>
File: 1306673331118.jpg (11 KB, 158x152) Image search: [Google]
1306673331118.jpg
11 KB, 158x152
>>53982925
I am in Chemistry nigger, and women here shit on feminism.
They feel patronized by it and regard it as the social equivalent of forcing adults to eat baby food and sleep in baby carriages in an act of infantilism.
There is no self-pity among women in the Chem and Bio field, because women in the Chem and Bio field have accomplishments and work hard as fuck on their own accord to the point where the self-pity that feminists operate on is deemed as an ugly and idiotic trait.

You have to realize something anon, Feminism is like a sect. It uses other people's weaknesses to manipulate them into selling themselves. The kinds of women who work in the Chem and Bio field can't advance by having weaknesses.
You can't bullshit yourself into looking like you code in the fields,
and you can't just sit on a fucking computer and already have all the academia without the need for professors with the click of a button.
>>
>>53982995
>not even reading about the example given

Typical non-hard science STEM field
Get back to me when you change to Math
>>
>>53981342
This is a subboard of /r9k/ no roasties or roastie worshipers allowed.
>>53983107
>Math
Useless.
>>
>>53981206
How is it easier just out of curiosity?
>>
>>53983107
>oy vey, a bunch of idealistic faggots who hold closed meetings that deny public access, make demands most of which are unrelated to studies and Stanford and completely arbitrary, and who are obviously playing the secular version of the Westboro Bapstist Churth, ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF ALL STUDENTS WHO ACTUALLY DO SERIOUS WORK AND DON'T HAVE TIME NOR RETARDATION TO DELVE INTO THAT SHIT

You are putting too much value on that retardation.
Did you miss the latest scandal in regards to that dreadlocks white guy getting confronted by that dumb black bitch whining about cultural appropriation?
Look at the ratios of support for him, and support for her. 95% of people are shitting on these student activism circlejerks.

Get a reality check you fucking faggot. Just because there's a vocal minority doesn't mean the majority approves.
>>
>>53981026
No but programmers tend to have some of the most bloated egos in the world, thinking that if they understand software, they understand the whole world, global politics, etc...

Source: I'm a programmer and I met many of this kind. THIS is what makes it a hard job, having to deal with your colleagues delusions of grandeur, especially prevalent among young programmers. Older ones usually realize they're not omniscient.

To me one of the hardest jobs would be teaching. Imagine dealing with 20-30 underage idiotic loud-mouthed brats every single day for your entire life.
>>
>>53981026
Yes. But you know what they say anon. You learn more on your first day at work than you do at coding boot camp. Everyday is a learning experience :^)
>>
>>53983107
>math
>science
It wasn't the mathematicians who created the metal foam plate that can turn 7.62 mm caliber bullets into dust upon impact faggot.
It was a joint combo of Material Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgists, and Mechanical Engineers.
Come back when your skillset is actually capable of producing something for Humanity.
I find it baffling that faggots like you put up a superiority complex about a field that even the scientists of the 18th century regarded as merely a foundation towards an application, and not as a means to an end.
300 years back, the average mathematician didn't have such level of ignoramus that they would focus on 1 field.
Comparing you to them is like comparing cow turd to gold.
>>
>>53982829
Don't forget gamers.
>>
>>53982995
This. The Chemistry department is full of based qts.
>>
>>53982807
>memorizing code
This is where I realized this is bait. Only a code-monkey would say something like that.
SJWs only target code-monkey tier jobs, so fuck off.
>>
>>53982685
>>53982352
>>53982186
>>53982042
>>53981993

These posts made me that much more excited to start my mechanical engineering degree this september
>>
>>53983169
>>53983189
>>53983242
fucking kek

I love it when mathfags trigger the CS babies on here. Have fun failing first semester linear algebra, brainlets.
>>
>>53984528
don't feel too excited. I did 3 internships, went to a good school, maintained a good GPA, and I was only able to get a 56k job

At least you didn't do EE. EE is saturated to fuck.
>>
>>53981026

Programming is a wide variety of tasks. Probably never the hardest in the world but some of the bare metal heavy math stuff can be difficult.

These days though you usually are just taking stuff that already exists and making stuff out of it., Like adult legos.
>>
>>53981026
No. Medicine is infinitely harder than CS and programming, particularly being a doctor.
>>
>>53981026
let me tell you this, I would do every other job related to development but I would prefer to work as a sumo fighter butt wiper over working in a sales department.
>>
>>53984804
https://youtube.com/watch?v=3aDlbMg694M
>>
File: KP03_245_t2_0115.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
KP03_245_t2_0115.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>53984528
Glad to hear it anon.
Brightened up a pretty slow day at work for myself, anyway. At least someone has some motivation.
>>
>>53981210

>It's not as easy as being female

Oh lad, I hope you will someday witness giving birth and raising a child..

You have NO idea.
>>
>>53986304
>Oh lad, I hope you will someday witness giving birth
I hope you will some day witness what Cluster Headaches look like, which mainly afflict men, and they span the entire life of the individual.
Giving birth is nothing. It's a momentary pain. You go speak to any person out there who is living without limbs or such and then we can talk this pain faggotry.

>and raising a child
OY VEY, IT'S HARD RAISING A CHILD, WE HAVE BEEN DOING IT FOR HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS, BUT IT'S STILL HARD
The only thing harder than that is your bullshit.
There are plenty of men raising children alone, and they don't get alimony nor any social support for it unlike equivalent women. Fuck off.
>>
>>53981167
If you can do algebra you can do shit like basic webdev if you're willing to step up to linear. You'll still be missing out on the rest of CS.
>>
Debug is p pain in the ass, so is reading documentation/other peoples code.

Ugh
>>
It is extremely easy to program stupid shit that works just somehow.

It is extremely hard to program very good stuff that works well and is easy to maintain, extend etc...
>>
>>53986992
>implying you ever need linear algebra in webdev
what for?
>>
>>53981026
no but their is no correct way to do it.
>>
>>53981026
>Programming
>Hard
Maybe you mean hard in life because many of them end up poor.
>>
>>53981026
considering the pay, no
>>
>>53981026
Yes, prostitution, nuclear mining, nurses and physicians, CERN engineer among other things are kindergarden and healthy compared to my web dev job.
/thread
>>
>>53983216
It's just that they're autistic.
>>
>>53987511
this desu
>>
File: logger_3200-2.jpg (121 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
logger_3200-2.jpg
121 KB, 800x533
>>
Guiding airplanes is i guess.
>>
>>53983242
>producing something for Humanity

What the fuck is this meme? How is this an appropriate way to make a value judgement? Do you apply the same reasoning to art and literature? Are you a Philistine? I didn't get into math because I want to increase John Doe's standard of living by one iota; I did it because I'm autistic and I just wanna do math. And odds are, you probably chose your engineering degree for a similar reason. If you woke up tomorrow and had some epiphany wherein you realized that underwater basket weaving was a more direct path to the advancement of civilization, would you switch majors? Also, how many pre-meds do you really think are motivated by muh saving lives, and how many are just in it for the status and salary.

And in all likelihood you're not gonna be the next Tesla; you'll just contribute to some obscure something in a very negligible way, so if your goal to make peoples lives better you should just join the peace corps.
>>
>>53986304
In exchange for this you get to live life on easy mode.
Use your youth wisely because after that your life gets switched onto super hard mode. But even when old people feel sorry for you.
>>
>>53988002
>someone who jerk off math as a special thing giving lessons on value judgment after getting blasted with his own piss
You are autistic alright, but more on the stupid side than the potentially genius side.
>>
>>53981167
>algebra

Lmfao

He thinks math and programming have anything to do with each other
>>
>>53988096
they do if you don't want to be a shit programmer, my little brainlet
>>
>>53981026
No. Even women can do it.
>>
>>53983242
A means of a means to an end is still a means to an end, you absolute mongoloid. Why am I even responding to someone who stops at Differential Equations and PDEs, which are literal high school classes?

>300 years back, the average mathematician didn't have such level of ignoramus that they would focus on 1 field.
300 years ago, it was possible to meaningfully contribute to multiple fields.

Fucking christ, engineers are fucking retarded. Keep rummaging through our research and findings for your work, you rat.
>>
>>53988048
thanks for the (you), now go back to being an autocad monkey
>>
>>53988324
>300 years ago, it was possible to meaningfully contribute to multiple fields.
>not it's not, and that's why i'm a mathematician doing nothing except philosophizing with numbers
Yup, sounds about right.

>Keep rummaging through our research and findings for your work, you rat.
No Engineer rummages through incoherent retardation that you idiots spout on paper to make yourselves appear intelligent.
They are too busy building shit and finding new ways to build it and improve it.
>>
>>53983185
It's easy as shit m8
>>
>>53988388
did you fail calc 2 or something

why are you assmad at mathfags
>>
>>53981880
fuck off cunt
>>
File: nathanael-burton.2.jpg (10 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
nathanael-burton.2.jpg
10 KB, 256x256
>>53988448
Why are mathfags mad that they are the least productive STEM collective currently with the most amount of fedora?
You faggots can't even conjure up proper compression algorithms or even encryption/decryption these days.
Pic related, an "elite mathfag" working at the NSA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgahKksMZis
>>
>>53981387
It is a scientifically proven phenomenon: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Women_are_wonderful%22_effect
>>
>>53988388
>incoherent retardation
Just because you can't understand it doesn't mean it's "incoherent." Do you even know what mathematicians and applied mathematicians do?
>>
>>53981387
It's a scientifically proven phenomenon: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Women_are_wonderful%22_effect
>>
>>53988505
>a literal who is an elite mathfag

Lmao. better luck next semester bud. brush up on your series and trig subs next time
>>
>>53981206
>easier language
>HTML
>>
>>53988519
>just because you don't understand my philosophizing doesn't mean it's "incoherent"
If it was coherent, it would see application in Engineering and it would be taught there.
It ain't in a majority of cases, so it doesn't. In Engineering, the only math taught is relevant math that cuts to the point and isn't there to make a faggot feel enlightened by their own fedora due to a mess of equations they made on paper.
>>
Only for womyn in technology
>>
>>53988557
>a literal who
A literal someone who would be chosen over you for a well paid job, and the fact that he looks like that is all the insult needed in your face sonny. Have fun being a poorfag paper cruncher.
>>
>>53981026
NO.
Hardware development is much harder.
>>
>>53988577
HTML is not a programming language you god damn retard
>>
>>53988606
too bad i'm doing math AND cs :^)

have fun getting cucked by me
>>
>>53988649
>Being this new
>>
>>53988096
panjeet my son
>>
>>53988649
>implying HTML does not use a compiler
>>
>>53988649
What are you? A fucking unick nigger?
>>
>>53988665
mad bro?
>>
>>53988699
did i hurt your delicate web dev sensibilities?
>>
File: under18.png (23 KB, 81x95) Image search: [Google]
under18.png
23 KB, 81x95
>>53988704
>mad bro
>bro

Underfage detected
>>
>>53984846
>being an electrical engineer

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/electrical-and-electronics-engineers.htm
>0% growth

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/nuclear-engineers.htm
>-4% growth

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/mobile/chemical-engineers.htm
>2% growth
>34k jobs

KEK

if you're not mechanical or civil engineering, you should probably kill yourselves

>w-we'll just replace the older engineers
Sure
>>
>>53988724
Did I hurt your womyn feelings?
>>
>>53988726
>hurrr I code HTML I'm hardcore look at me I'm a real programmer

nerd
>>
>>53981177
>>53981206
>>53983185
C# is java with Windows hat. C++ is one of the funny ones ******pt++ is valid
>>
File: laughing.png (353 KB, 613x495) Image search: [Google]
laughing.png
353 KB, 613x495
>>53988750
'nerd' is a 4 letter word with a 6 figure income.
Retry harder please
>>
>>53988752
There's nothing wrong with ******pt++ unless you're a bitch.
>>
>>53988768
Bitch
>>
>>53988743
>bawwww I know css and html and mysql, I'm a REAL programmer

you couldn't hack your way out of a paper bag, fag
>>
>>53988002

>And in all likelihood you're not gonna be the next Tesla; you'll just contribute to some obscure something in a very negligible way

Engineers don't contribute, they also build on their own. You don't have to invent a new machine to be a successful engineer. You can improve existing ones or simply take part in building societal infrastructure with existing blueprints, by modifying them to suit the environment and situation. You can be a successful engineer from a garage like that Russian guy who makes high quality flight pedals for aviation simulators, or one of those faggots producing good industrial furniture for good bucks in their garage.

For some reason, i feel as if it makes sense that you are narrow-minded.
>>
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>++.>+.+++++++..+++.>++.<<+++++++++++++++.>.+++.------.--------.>+.>.
Output :
Hello World!
>>
>>53988783
i dont know who you're calling bitch, bitch

read a book
>>
>>53988787
>says mysql without mentioning PHP

You couldn't secure a Windows machine to save your bootstrap kernel
>>
>>53988808
>8808
shoulda had 8088
>>
>>53988816
loser
>>
>>53988825
>I'm going to mash together a bunch of words and sound really smart.
you forgot abotu reticulating the splines

i dont have to mention php faggit
>>
>>53988906
>womyn in tech
>>
>>53988954
>homosexual males in tech

get good you nigger I've been handcoding x86 and z80 asm since you were in diapers
>>
>>53981167
b + 2 = a - 4
jep programming is total like algera

OP:
no i would consider it a nerve wraking job but not actually a hard one... in sense of hard work
>>
File: wtf.jpg (45 KB, 681x496) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
45 KB, 681x496
>>53988979
>handcoding x86 and z80 asm
>>
File: 12854648.png (269 KB, 751x407) Image search: [Google]
12854648.png
269 KB, 751x407
>>53988979
>>
>>53989012
actually what the fine gentleman was saying, is if you're mentally capable of doing basic algebra, you are also likely to be capable of programming.

He was not saying algrebra and programming were synonymous.

the fact that you were unable to understand his point is ironic, given your smartass response.
>>
>>53989014
>>53989035
let's go you filthy normie casuals what do you know how to do? I will shit down your throats with my intellectual prowess

>hurrrrr I can use cc cleaner
>hurrrr I can use wordpress

thats what you sound liek right now
>>
File: 2412434.png (212 KB, 343x268) Image search: [Google]
2412434.png
212 KB, 343x268
>>53988979
What planet are you from?
>>
File: salt.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>53989078
>>
>>53989084
do any of you autists even know anything about PROGRAMMING? not scripting or installing mcafee antivirus, but REAL PROGRAMMING?
>>
File: jimmy_rustle.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
jimmy_rustle.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>>53989078
Stay mad
>>
>>53989101
I'm not playing CS you must have me confused for someone else.
>>
>>53989128
yeah you whore. simmer like the whore you are. dont know SHIT nigger. dont know shit I'm the real deal. As real as they come. Come at me bro.

Bitch!
>>
File: 435221.png (316 KB, 604x344) Image search: [Google]
435221.png
316 KB, 604x344
what the fuck is shit
>>
File: L12.jpg (6 KB, 181x153) Image search: [Google]
L12.jpg
6 KB, 181x153
>>53989156
>I'm the real deal
>Come at me bro
>>
I've written my own algorithms taught myself multiple different cpu instruction sets and know 25 different languages. Will I succeed?
>>
>>53989163
go back to rebbib, 4chan is for real hackers
>>
>>53989156
How's the chemotherapy for your cancer going?
>>
>>53989184
yes but not as well as me you scum bag you know who I am.
>>
>>53981026
Depends on what you're trying to program.
>>
>>53989207
pretty good. didn't have cancer until i came in this cancerous thread full of pretend self-proclaimed techies
>>
File: ugly.png (219 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
ugly.png
219 KB, 600x375
>>53989233
>>
>>53989214
fizz buzz
>>
>>53989250
better be careful you might use up all your meemee photographs on your 128MB hdd
>>
File: listen_here_Nigger.jpg (8 KB, 203x160) Image search: [Google]
listen_here_Nigger.jpg
8 KB, 203x160
>>53989271
I think you should stop trying so hard
>>
File: Lol_Anon.jpg (319 KB, 614x487) Image search: [Google]
Lol_Anon.jpg
319 KB, 614x487
>>53989191
>>
>>53989296
they're getting less relevant you really are running out of pictures

C++ is the greatest programming language prove me wrong
>>
>>53989336
Slow as fuck and have to handle mem allocation
>>
File: rolf_rock.jpg (13 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
rolf_rock.jpg
13 KB, 260x194
>>53989336
>C++
>>
>>53989369
>slow as fuck
I forgot it's still 1989. What are compiler optimizations?

C++ is faster than literally everything else.

>and have to handle mem allocation
so what?
>>
>too lazy to create a full class function
>hear about these things called lambdas
>try it out

these lambda things are cool
>>
>>53989405
>C++ is faster than literally everything else

I bet you still use "using namespace std;"
>>
Try Python to start with OP
>>
I'm in geophysics.

My answer is the following; different strokes for different folks, it takes all kinds of people to make the world, etc.

Applied statistics are baby tier shit for me, but ask me to analyze the meaning behind a highly praised poem and I honestly won't have a fucking clue, it'll just be a bunch of meaningless but nonetheless beautiful bunch of prose to me.

I'm sure an English major could tell you that the poem conveys the author's sadness over the horrible conditions of child workers back in the industrial era, but if I gave him one of my "math" homework sheets he (or better said, most) would look at me funny, ask where's the numbers, and what all the funny symbols and letters are.

And that's OK.
>>
>>53989446
I don't. My code is littered with std::
>>
Broking is the hardest job.
Many brokers work 14/7
>>
File: IMG_6783.jpg (76 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6783.jpg
76 KB, 600x800
>>53989475
>The world need poetry
>>
>>53987224
He doesn't know anything about either
>>
Programming isnt hard. It does require some intelligence and creativity. But so do so many other jobs.
>>
Porn star looks pretty difficult desu
>>
>>53991155
The thing that makes programming easy is that you have a large margin for error. And you can even ship a shitty product and get away with it.
>>
>>53988505
I thought that guy was an app artist?
>>
>>53986872
>unlike equivalent women
equivalent women to these men don't need alimony either
>>
>>53981880
>Sparta
>women having more rights than most countries at the end of 19th century
>more rights than women these days in sandnigger countries
>>
>>53992299
>sparta
>women could not vote
>could not do sports
>could not get education
>could not own any land

Greeks were half-turks anyway, so meh.
>>
>>53992351
>Greece culture != Sparta culture
>having more rights than women anywhere else outside sparta
>could legally own, inherit, were educated

trusting non-spartan viewpoint who view them as bunch of barbars because of their harsh life
>>
File: qDT11sa.jpg (28 KB, 388x164) Image search: [Google]
qDT11sa.jpg
28 KB, 388x164
>>53988096
>being this stupid
>>
>>53992543
>>Greece culture != Sparta culture
Okay, Persian/Asyrian/Pre-ottoman-turk culture then

>having more rights than women anywhere else outside sparta
Still doesn't mean very much. In Viking culture, women were regarded as equals before christianity corrupted everything.
>>
File: rosen32.jpg (20 KB, 345x374) Image search: [Google]
rosen32.jpg
20 KB, 345x374
>>53989336
>C++ and great in the same sentence
>no isn't
>>
>>53988324
Fucking nerd, you had to wait til high school to take differentials?
>>
>>53988388
Someone failed drafting class and never went back.
>>
>>53988582
I tip my fedora at your monkey shit. Find some original work for once.
>>
>>53988606
>McDonalds
>Well paid job
>>
>>53988808
BrainFuck is a beautiful language.
>>
>>53981993
>When creating software, if something is logically and mathematically feasible, it can be implemented.
Except when you're doing something that's extremely timing-specific, and quantum physics decides to make you its bitch.

Protip: If you've never had this happen, you aren't a real programmer.
>>
>>53981167
80% of Math majors can't into computers.
0% of Computer engineering majors can't into math.
>>
>>53984804
Proper computer scientists thrive in math. Too many paper mills out there have tarnished the degree. You can't properly derive the operating complexity of many key algorithms without Diff. Eq., linear algebra, and discrete mathematics.
>>
>>53992907
Electrical engineers tend to be both mathematically inclined and skilled programmers though.
>>
>>53993232
Especially C. Though I don't think there many who use zsh vim Gentoo etc.

On the other side the programs they use for programming controllers are quite sad. DOSboxes, awkward GUI programs, hopping from GUI to GUI, a lot of proprietary crap.
>>
>>53992670
That's implying that anyone cares about your ivory tower bullshit math like number theory. Enjoy your 150 IQ while I get a well-paying job and a wife, while you're shut in your room jerking it to Euler and Gauss, while simultaneously judging anyone that didn't do a complete, pure math BS, master's, and Ph. D in combinatorics, or whatever you autists are forthing at the mouth over, these days.
>>
>>53981026
Too many Americans associate the Pan-African colors with Syria now, it's no wonder this movement goes nowhere.
>>
>>53988825
Java can use mysql as well.
>>
>>53988767
Who is making 6 figures doing pure HTML? Can I get this job?
>>
>>53993370
>Though I don't think there many who use zsh vim Gentoo etc.

Because they are pragmatic.
Programming is only part of their expertise. They couldn't care less about the right editor to use. The just use the IDE provided by the microcontroller manufacturer and call it a day.
>>
>>53993753
P.s . and a lot of them hate Linux.
>>
No
It's being a plumber in india
>>
No it's just filled with uncertainty. And you're never too certain and you're never know enough to be as certain as you are.
>>
>>53981177
Ok prya!
>>
>>53988858
dork
>>
>>53981026
I took a diploma in I.T with a light programming courses, i fucking hated it because i can't comprehend why are there so many languages and non of them works right.

Its my fault.
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.