[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: 1437292169077.jpg (443 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1437292169077.jpg
443 KB, 1600x1200
Previously on: >>53965440

Welcome to /fg/lt/, or as I've recently taken to calling it, /fg+lt/. We are always open to users of all levels, including absolute beginners.

There are four ways to try GNU/Linux, you can:

0) Install a GNU/Linux OS on a VM (Virtual Machine/VirtualBox) for "safety purposes"
1) Use the Live ISO directly without installing anything, that way, you can get a "full GNU/Linux experience".
2) Dual-boot GNU/Linux with Windows/Mac (recommended if you want to learn more about GNU/Linux)
3) Go balls deep and overwrite everything with GNU/Linux

Before asking, please search for answers to your questions in resources.

Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.

Understand that much of your software from Windows will be unavailable, although maybe WINE can make up for it.

IRC connection details:
Server: chat.freenode.net:6667 (no SSL, 6697 for SSL) - Channel: #flt
If you don't have an IRC client (which you should), go to https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/flt.

Resources:
man <insert command here>
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx.me, ixquick, whatever)
https://wiki.archlinux.org/ (Most of the configurations and troubleshoots will work on various distros, including Debian)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux/
http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
>>
Dinners:

Please don't be surprised if I pull out my computer at dinner and
begin handling some of my email. I have difficulty hearing when there
is noise; at dinner, when people are speaking to each other, I usually
cannot hear their words. Rather than feel bored, or impose on
everyone by asking them to speak slowly at me, I do some work.
>>
>>53972953
I have a friend that once met RMS because he was in the organizing committee for one of his talks

He told me he wasn't a particularly pleasant person to deal with at a personal level

Stuff like this makes more sense now
>>
>>53973024
Have a read: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ddol/rre-rms/master/rider.txt

DON'T buy a parrot figuring that it will be a fun surprise for me. To
acquire a parrot is a major decision: it is likely to outlive you. If
you don't know how to treat the parrot, it could be emotionally
scarred and spend many decades feeling frightened and unhappy. If you
buy a captured wild parrot, you will promote a cruel and devastating
practice, and the parrot will be emotionally scarred before you get it.
Meeting that sad animal is not an agreeable surprise.
>>
>>53973057
Thanks m8
I'm building a little $400 home server. It's mainly for local media sharing throughout the house, but I also plan on using it personally as a SSH server to get past the VPN on my main machine, send WoL, etc etc. It'll also be used for SSH just to mess around for general work or schoolwork or scping around network files. It'll be headless and 24/7.

1) What distribution should I use? I'm deciding between Debian and CentOS, maybe Ubuntu. Is there anything else I should consider?

2) What protocol for local stuff? I'll be using SFTP for WAN since it'll just be me probably. There's a few Windows machines on my network and I don't want to exclude them; should I use anonymous FTP or SMB or what? Do any have a notable advantage over the others in terms of speed, reliability, ability to use bandwidth intelligently, etc etc?

3) What filesystem? Is JFS/XFS/etc safe for running an OS on? I'll probably use the rest of the OS HDD for storage, should I just partition a small amount ext4 for the OS and the rest in something else? Nowhere I read really has a definitive answer on "best" filesystems.
>>
>>53973100
>A supply of tea with milk and sugar would be nice. If it is tea I
>really like, I like it without milk and sugar. With milk and sugar,
>any kind of tea is fine. I always bring tea bags with me, so if we
>use my tea bags, I will certainly like that tea without milk or sugar.

>If I am quite sleepy, I would like two cans or small bottles of
>non-diet Pepsi. (I dislike the taste of coke, and of all diet soda;
>also, there is an international boycott of the Coca Cola company for
>killing union organizers in Colombia and Guatemala; see
>killercoke.org.) However, if I am not very sleepy, I won't want
>Pepsi, because it is better if I don't drink so much sugar.

This is gold
>>
>>53972953
>>53973100
>>53973186
kek
I should get a License for handling me too.
>>
>>53973156
I'm planning on using it for a server (and an SSH access point from wherever I'm at), I'm thinking if I wanna use packages newer than what I got there I can just ssh into my personal machine and do it from there.

I may just do Fedora anyways though. It's one distro i've never used and its just a personal server so stability isn't of the utmost utmost utmost importance, ykno?
>>
File: 1445568347864.jpg (138 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
1445568347864.jpg
138 KB, 627x620
What's the basic stuff to install after installed arch?

What initcpio configs should I do?
systemd-networkd
dhcpcd or systemd-networkd
Should I enable multilib?
Should I install anything else beside Nvidia driver like Mesa or Vesa?
should I avoid downloading xterm and just do systemctl start (DM) ?
Can I skip the login manager? And if no what's the best one to pick?
For fonts should I go with? freetype2 what extra fonts or packages you guys recommend?
What bash should I use - what are the good options?

More tips???
>>
>>53973150
I'm in the same boat...only reverse. I need some hardware. Post your build.

If you care about 'professional' experience then CentOS, otherwise Debian. I personally will install Fedora, because fuck it. I like newer shit
>>
>>53973217

>In some places, my hosts act as if my every wish were their command.
>By catering to my every whim, in effect they make me a tyrant over
>them, which is not a role I like. I start to worry that I might
>subject them to great burdens without even realizing. I start being
>afraid to express my appreciation of anything, because they would get
>it and give it to me at any cost. If it is night, and the stars are
>beautiful, I hesitate to say so, lest my hosts feel obligated to try
>to get one for me.

Motherfucker's a poet
>>
>>53973256
For login manager, you basically don't need one. Either type startx manually or add a line to your shell config like:
# Autologin.
[ -z "$DISPLAY" ] && [ "$(tty)" = "/dev/tty1" ] && startx
>>
>>53973186
He is actually autistic.
>>
>>53973312
[BuzzFeed link needed]
>>
>>53973291

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xinit/tree/startx.cpp

Don't use startx.
>>
I really like cwm, Calm Window Manager, created by the OpenBSD Project. It is available for many distributions of GNU/Linux but not for Fedora. Is it difficult to get a package accepted by rpm fusion if I offer to maintain it myself? Could I even get it into upstream? It uses a free license so there shouldn't be an issue there. I'm surprised someone hasn't already done it.
>>
>>53973272
i3-6100
MSI B150M Pro-VD LGA 1151 Intel B150 (wanted a B150 chipset for the 6 SATA slots, didn't want an ASRock cause bad experiences)
G.SKILL NT Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (1 stick, i'll get 16gb if I need it but I doubt I would)
FSP Group AURUM S 400W Power Supply (might go for that SeaSonic $100 80+Plat one, not sure yet)

That's $270 right there if I manage to nab a 6100 at my microcenter next time they stock

+ a case and HDDs. Case depends on how many I hook up
>>
>>53973492
Thnx. At least now it don't have an empty template
>>
>>53973469
>Is it difficult to get a package accepted by rpm fusion if I offer to maintain it myself? Could I even get it into upstream? It uses a free license so there shouldn't be an issue there. I'm surprised someone hasn't already done it.

For your own project use:
https://fedorahosted.org/copr/

All you need is a src.rpm you made yourself.
Then you just upload it to your own COPR and let the buildsystem build it for you.
Then it's available for you and everyone else to use

The most important and hardest part about building a src.rpm file is writing a proper SPEC file.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package
>>
How do I remove i3 from my machine? Will uninstalling it just bring me back to my xfce session?
>>
>>53973469

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
>>
File: 3.png (9 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
3.png
9 KB, 120x120
>>53972867
Oh shit, I laugh off my ass when Stallman bring his computer on dinner table. ROFLMAO

>When I've eaten with Stallman in a restaurant, he had also done it, also he said a joke to the waitress, he said the joke to every french-speaking people on the road from Swiss to France, it was so fun, such happy moments. Also, he signed my book. ^-^
>>
>>53973578
How do we know what's going on with your machine anon?
>>
What distro does RMS use?
>>
>>53973699
Trisquel
>>
>>53973692
Fair enough. Here goes, I guess. The entire point of switching to Linux was for me to start tinkering with my computer, and I have a windows partition on backup.

If I go full retard and fuck stuff up, I'll let you guys know. Hell, it'll probably be my excuse to switch to Arch.
>>
>>53973789
>Hell, it'll probably be my excuse to switch to Arch.
For a start, arch isn't the pinnacle of linux or anything. For some people it is the right distro, for others it isn't. Simple as that.

But to go back to your question, you should be able to remove i3 and log in to xfce easily enough. If not then it should be fairly easy to fix.
>>
>>53973789
Log out, pick xfce, log in, uninstall everything you installed to install i3. (i3, i3lock, i3status, dmenu iirc)
>>
File: 1419739815255.png (58 KB, 441x361) Image search: [Google]
1419739815255.png
58 KB, 441x361
Can any Gentoo friends give me a hand, I've been stuck for a few days now.
Whenever I try to emerge changed use flags I get this:
!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-libs/libxml2:2

It's being pulled in by three things already installed, two of those being chromium, the other being qtwebkit. All three are requesting the same version.
>>
Exactly how much of a bitch is it to upgrade gcc from 4.x to 5.3?
>>
>>53973100
>One situation where I do not need help, let alone supervision, is in
crossing streets. I grew up in the middle of the world's biggest
city, full of cars, and I have crossed streets without assistance even
in the chaotic traffic of Bangalore and Delhi. Please just leave me
alone when I cross streets.
>>
>>53973845
The problem is, when I try to boot into the log in screen, it just boots into i3. I'll try to uninstall everything you mentioned while on i3, and see what happens. Probably nothing good, but it's worth a try.

>>53973835
I've been meaning to try it out of a desire to just see what goes into a desktop, and learning how to really modify my environment. Trust me, I'm not using it because it's what everyone says I need to use.
>>
>>53973922
They are requesting different slots by the sounds of it, even if they are requesting the same version...I think. You could try removing that package and do the changed use command.
>>
>>53973699
>>53973782
I don't know if it's Trisquel or GnewSense but when he's on X server, he uses XFCE.
>>
>>53973973
how are you starting i3, from your .xinitrc? If you don't have a display manager then check the xinitrc to have exec xfce4 or whatever the correct name for it is.
>>
>>53973973
Well, fuck me sideways. I removed everything the other anon said to remove, and it's still booting into i3. How do I terminate this shit with extreme prejudice?
>>
File: 1454949127278.jpg (351 KB, 813x530) Image search: [Google]
1454949127278.jpg
351 KB, 813x530
>>53973100

>Above 72 fahrenheit (22 centigrade) I find sleeping quite difficult.
>(If the air is dry, I can stand 23 degrees.) A little above that
>temperature, a strong electric fan blowing on me enables me to sleep.
>More than 3 degrees above that temperature, I need air conditioning to
>sleep.

I fuckin' love this guy.
>>
>>53974067
How did you get it to enable i3 in the first place? You didn't choose it from a login manager? Are you using debian? Debian often does weird autoediting of config files for some reason.
>>
Please help, I installed xubuntu and now if I mouse-over mpv the OSD doesn't show anymore. When I change the volume the volume bar appears but the text where the volume is stated doesn't. If I skip ahead / back the timeline does NOT show up.
I tried removing and reinstalling, including deleting the files in ~/.config/mpv and /etc/mpv.
>>
>>53974650
I'm using Xubuntu. I installed i3, rebooted, went into my login screen, chose i3, and since then I haven't been able to access my login screen, it just boots to i3.
>>
>>53974719
Try

# systemctl enable gdm
>>
>>53974823
># systemctl enable gdm
systemctl: command not found.
>>
>>53974872
Are you using an old version of xubuntu?
>>
>>53974889
I don't think so. I update often and I started using it since, like, spring break.
>>
trying to get postfix working, I get this when I reload it
# postfix reload                                                                                                                        
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_sender_restrictions
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_client_restrictions
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_helo_restrictions
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_sender_restrictions
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_client_restrictions
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: /etc/postfix/master.cf: undefined parameter: mua_helo_restrictions
postfix/postfix-script: refreshing the Postfix mail system

>>
Decided I want to dual boot to Linux, is Mint Xfce good to start on?
>>
>>53975002
Xubuntu has more recent updates
>>
>>53975002
Yes.
>>
File: 1443017090379.png (374 B, 153x78) Image search: [Google]
1443017090379.png
374 B, 153x78
>>53975002
Sure, go ahead, but >>53975035 is right.
>>
>>53975035
What functionality does Xbuntu have that Mint does not?
>>
>>53975078
more recent packages, since Mint is a distro based on an older ubuntu version
>>
>>53975094
Which version?
>>
Anyone tried ubuntu MATE 16.04 yet? how is it compared to 14.04? I would try running it myself but i cant get into a liveUSB image.
>>
What is the difference between Cinnamon and MATE?
>>
>>53975094
Will I run into any serious issues running mint then?
>>
Can someone tell me what I need for a desktop arch install?
Pacman –S xorg xorg-apps xterm xorg-xclock xorg-twm xorg-xinit xorg-server-utils

What should I drop down and why? Should I also install xorg-server?

After all this I'll install Nvidia proprietary drivers but do I also need mesa? I know it gives opengl support.
>>
>>53975287
you don't need twm, unless you want to use that, which I doubt you do.
>>
>>53975287
Just install the DE you want and it will pull everything you need in as dependencies.
>>
>>53975316
So for example
pacstrap /mnt base base-devel mate mate-extra

then install nvidia driver is enough right?
>>
>>53975337
>pacstrap
No, only use pacstrap for the base system you meganerd.
>>
>>53975362
But thank you I got the main idea, w/e I do the DE will pull the dependencies it absolutely needs to run.
>>
>>53975377
It certainly should unless something somewhere is broken.
>>
>>53975238
I recommend trying Xubuntu from a live image instead.
>>
>>53975377
some DEs doesn't pull xorg-server though
>>
I'm a retard with no knowledge of linux or code, but I installed Kubuntu on my Toshiba Chromebook 2. Basically, the audio doesn't work and I'm not sure how to get it working. I also don't know how to install applications, doing it through the terminal is confusing me and I can't open things downloaded from the internet. Help me please
>>
>>53975659
Try
sudo apt-get pulseaudio pulseuadio-alsa

or maybe your audio hardware is muted from control panel, try to look for that first - if it all seems fine - install the driver I suggested.
>>
>>53975221
Are you a Windows user trying to decide between Mint Cinnamon and Mint MATE? If so, I'd tell you to stick with Cinnamon.
>>
>>53975659
Usually most audio problems are:
- audio is muted
- volume is 0
Open a terminal and run "alsamixer".
>>
>>53975798
No I'm a Linux user that uses GNOME and I'm honestly just curious because they seem like they're practically the same thing.
>>
>>53975659
You usually don't download single programs from the internet on GNU/Linux.

How to search for a packages:
apt-cache search firefox
How to install a package:
sudo apt-get install firefox
>>
File: wtfpl-strip.jpg (297 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
wtfpl-strip.jpg
297 KB, 1200x1500
Is there any version of pfsense that runs on OpenBSD instead of FreeBSD?
>>
Why does everyone have a hardon for Xubuntu?

Xfce is so.. bad. Straight outta 2003.
>>
>>53975804
>>53975221
They're very different.
To summarize Cinnamon, I'd just say it's like Windows.
MATE is a fork of GNOME 2. It has the same layout as GNOME Classic mode on GNOME Shell. It's very lightweight and customizable.
What MATE does feel close to is Xfce. Xfce got a lot of influence of GNOME 2 on its design.

The version of MATE that comes with Mint is customized to also look like Windows.
>>
>>53975836
Just use OpenBSD instead, they have all the best toys.
>>
>>53975948
A lot of people have a hard time moving on from the early 2000's.

One of the most popular KDE themes is still the Windows XP lookalike theme.
>>
>>53975948
It runs on my potato. Also it's very customizable.
>>
>>53975961
Can I get mpv on it? Does Intel video hardware decoding work? I tried to use hardened-musl Gentoo, but literally fucking everything reqiures glibc or other GNU cancer or it won't even fucking start emerging.
>>
>>53976046
Yes it has mpv. As far intel graphics, I'm not sure but probably not if your cpu is recent. The same would be true for FreeBSD anyway though. So if you have hardware acceleration on FreeBSD, trying OpenBSD wouldn't hurt. You could google and see whether or not your cpu is fully supported yet.
>>
Is gnome-music a gstreamer application or do they use something else? I'm asking because fedora does not support mp3 by default and I need to know which codec I have to install. I tried to switch completely to flac but there's just too much unavailable in flac.
>>
>>53976478
you have to enable nonfree repsitories and shit should just work, otherwise you could convert everything to flac and convert new stuff as you get it, it's a process that can be automated with beets
>>
>>53976478
Gnome Music is a buggy slow piece of shit. If you want a music player with reasonable gnome integration get Lollypop instead.
>>
>>53973442

Could you please justify this?
>>
>>53976613
FREEDOM!
>>
>>53976520
Didn't work for me. I installed a fuck load of codecs just now too, and it still doesn't detect my mp3 files. Rhythmbox doesn't work either.
>>
>>53976718
dunno what to tell you then man, I'm not much on fedora. now I'm not sayin you wouldn't have this problem on arch, but there would be a clear concise solution somewhere in the wiki which is searchable
>>
How can you make something as easy as binding up controller keys so obfuscated? At this stage I found a program to bind the keys in Ubuntu, but the settings don't cross into Wine. Can I change the bindings from within Wine? Or should I just play Dark Souls with a keyboard? I read that you can edit the Wine registry and do 2 hours of guesswork to get it right, but fuck that.

Also the settings in Wine are wrong for the 3 controllers I've tried, but wrong in 3 different ways. PS3 over BT, wireless 360 and Wired Xbone.
>>
>>53976718
Can you play mp3s in mpv or vlc or something?
>>
What would the main differences be between fedora 23 and fedora 24 ?
You guys said 23 is supported until fedora 25.... so this means it'll always get bleeding edge software and updated desktop environment.. what's different with 24 then???
Different versions of Linux kernels?
>>
>>53976738
Installed cmus and shit just works. Must be a problem with these particular files and gnome. (My flac shows up fine).

I kind of like cmus better anyway.
>>
I'm trying to get firewalld running on centos 7
when I try to add a rule it outputs
Error: INVALID_ZONE

the default zone is public, and public.xml is in /usr/lib/firewalld/zones
what's wrong here? google finds nothing
>>
>>53973330
There's a FSF endorsed book that does indeed state that he probably has aspergers.

Even RMS and his mom suspect it.

Apparently, they'd go to the beach and he'd hear the waves and he'd start crying.
>>
Does anyone know how to change the install dir after a ./configure && make. I.E. didn't set a prefix during ./configure. Want to set to /usr/local. Thanks in advance
>>
>>53977023
It should be /usr/local by default.
>./configure [--prefix=/usr/local/]
>>
Exterminate all arch faggots.
>>
File: 351584_1.jpg (23 KB, 285x214) Image search: [Google]
351584_1.jpg
23 KB, 285x214
>>53977166
Thanks for posting.
>>
>>53977206
You're welcome.
>>
File: 65UpYA8.png (156 KB, 688x1430) Image search: [Google]
65UpYA8.png
156 KB, 688x1430
>>53977166
>>
How do i fix this cluster fuck from gtk3?
>>
>>53977248
stop using arch faggot
>>
>>53977259
gtk is os independent
sperg
>>
>>53977291
The problems with receiving a bleeding edge update which breaks everything isn't though.
>>
>>53977291
You're the only distro that has the broken version.
>>
>>53977306
When you pull from core you could also go and check news feed.

Better:Subscribe to arch-announce mailing list
https://lists.archlinux.org//listinfo/

Update once per week.
>>
>follow this guide: http://www.krizna.com/centos/setup-mail-server-centos-7/
>everything seems to be working
>try to log in with thunderbird
>thunderbird failed to find the settings for your email account
>I tried every combination of settings
>still can't log in
why the fuck is email so hard to get working?
>>
>>53977348
Because you limited to a single guide, you should've checked the most recent / relevant guides and see what's common and what's not - then properly understand what you have to do..
>>
>>53977335
I know that, I'm not the one complaining about it breaking. Whether it is known about or not is beside the point.
>>
So I'm having a problem installing Linux Mint. When running the installer I get a "Unable to install GRUB in /dev/sda". First of all the drive I'm installing on is sdb, it gives me the option to change to that, which I try, and then it fails the installation. I've disabled secure boot.
>>
>>53977362
there's so many guides, and it'd be a waste of time to go through each one to see if it works
>>
>>53977382
Going trough each one would be the dumb thing to do, what I said was go with a time filter - pick up the last 1 - 2 months then open let's say 3 popular guides.

See what's common among them and do that.

Since they're also popular you'll see in comments potential fixes for exactly your problem - this is my journey with everything on the internet since forever.. and never failed.
>>
>>53977306
>http://www.spinics.net/lists/fedora-package-announce/msg181299.html
>http://osdir.com/ml/commits.gnome/2016-03/msg10133.html

>MAINTANCE UPDATE
>>
>>53977425
>gnome mailing list
yeah that's really relevant to the discussion
>>
Best Linux drink? Definitley not "Big Rock Traditional Ale" It's kind of shit and tastes like slightly worst tasting shit lager.

I'm drinking it and debugging my code. It's not helping, in fact, it's making me worse at it. I might go to bed. I probably won't remember this in the morning.

Craft beer is bullshit, it tastes like every other beer.
>>
>>53977576
>Craft beer is bullshit, it tastes like every other beer.
christ, what a pleb
>>
For most coverage what's the fonts you guys install on arch - again base coverage nothing fancy.
>>
>>53977703
droid, noto, liberation
or croscore
>>
Guys, help.
Is nvidia-libgl a must alongside nvidia package?
>>
>>53977576
Whiskey, neet.
>>
>>53977576
Most Linux enthusiasts are smart enough to never consume alcohol. Go to Windows thread, you'll have many replies.
>>
>>53977829
Well yeah, it's Nvidias own OpenGL implementation and replaces Mesa.
>>
how do i create an xml document. I need it for my font config.
>>
>>53977959

vim dicks.xml
paste
????
profit

on a serious note, if whatever guide you're following asks you to edit an xml file and the xml file isn't there it's probably a guide for a different distro using different software and likely won't work on your distro without that software
>>
>>53976848
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/24/ChangeSet

fedora is comfy af. 24 is coming out in under a month if you want to wait for whatever reason. 23 here and everything just werks.
>>
>>53977988
naw i need to make truetype fonts used or something. There is no document, I have to create it.
>>
>>53978018
Well it'll take 2 + months for rpm fusion to work with 24 so don't be hyped yes, unless you're freetard.
>>
>>53978043
23 it is for me. I am pragmatic, if I want my hardware to werk, I sometimes accept non-free code.
>>
>>53978068
Yea good point, but when RPMFusion gets operational with 24 I'll also move, fedora is amazing - bleeding edge while also maintaining the best stability.

+ Pretty much expected realistic support for reported problems / bugs.
>>
>>53978033
You have nothing in /etc/fonts ?
This is always generated automatically.
>>
>>53978087
I have a fonts.conf, and two folders: conf.d, conf.avil

/etc/fonts/local.conf is a new file i have to make for freetype-freeworld fonts to be used
>>
File: 1456571675197.jpg (2 MB, 2978x2580) Image search: [Google]
1456571675197.jpg
2 MB, 2978x2580
>>53972867
OK /g/, I need a Linux distro that just werks. I've been dual booting Windows 7 and Manjaro KDE and I'm sick of both of them. Suggestions? Inb4 Gentoo, although I am open to trying Sabayon.
>>
>>53978127
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>

<match target="font">
<edit name="antialias" mode="assign"><bool>true</bool></edit>
<edit name="hinting" mode="assign"><bool>true</bool></edit>
<edit name="hintstyle" mode="assign"><const>hintslight</const></edit>
<edit name="lcdfilter" mode="assign"><const>lcddefault</const></edit>
<edit name="rgba" mode="assign"><const>rgb</const></edit>
</match>

</fontconfig>

>>
>>53978137
>I am open to trying Sabayon.
You should just go for gentoo then, it is by far the best distro.
>>
>>53978137
Fedora 23 and download this while inside it ( obviously after install )
http://easylifeproject.org/

Run the package, wait for it to install.

Start easy life select what you need and boom - it's done it will also automatically add RPMfusion repos which contain all the non free software.

Or if you prefer to do it manually:

su -c 'dnf install http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm'

then install w/e else you need - you have full access to everything.

Here's a list of commands for basic stuff like flash,java,codecs.
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Fedora

So fedora 23 if you want bleeding edge - by this we mean latest software.

Alternatively go with Ubuntu - it's not bleeding edge but it's pretty damn well optimized - for example it will produce similar results with bleeding edge fedora in benchmarks and other tests.

And there's easier to find a fix on Ubuntu than on Fedora - community is the biggest on Ubuntu.
>>
Best xfce theme to use?
>>
>>53978187
Thanks for the suggestion. I have some experience with Ubuntu-based distros though they've kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll definitely have to give Fedora a try and see what I think.
>>
Omg I installed Linux instead of Windows. Now I can't dual-boot Winodws on Linux.

Should buy a disk with licensed iso.
>>
>>53978187
Hmm, on the wiki it says Catalyst won't install properly on Fedora 20+. I have a Radeon HD 7770, will the FOSS drivers suffice if I want to play any games?
>>
>>53978167
thanks.
>>
>>53978234
No, download this:

https://kat.cr/windows-10-x64-enterprise-ltsb-multi-13-april-2016-generation2-t12408679.html

It contains both windows 10 enterprise and recovery thinghie, this is what I use as a recovery tool and as a windows 10 install.

You have to open cmd then:

do bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd - select the disk with windows 10 then write bootrec /FixMbr
>>
>>53978167
<code> <?xml version='1.0'?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM 'fonts.dtd'>
<fontconfig>
<match target="font">
<edit name="antialias" mode="assign">
<bool>true</bool>
</edit>
<edit name="autohint" mode="assign">
<bool>false</bool>
</edit>
<edit name="embeddedbitmap" mode="assign">
<bool>false</bool>
</edit>
<edit name="hinting" mode="assign">
<bool>true</bool>
</edit>
<edit name="hintstyle" mode="assign">
<const>hintslight</const>
</edit>
<code>
is what I was suggested
>>
>>53978299
Why do you need us to tell you if you already have it?
>>
>>53978272

Add the following exclusion line to your /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora* files:
exclude=xorg-x11-server-Xorg xorg-x11-server-common
2. Downgrade xorg-x11-server-Xorg and xorg-x11-server-common to the F22 version:

$ dnf downgrade xorg-x11-server-Xorg xorg-x11-server-common –-allowerasing –-releasever=22

if you are on f23
>>
Excuse my ignorance chaps,

I am about to conduct my first install of Arch, for the partitioning I am dedicating 1gb to boot, 30gb to Home and 8gb to swap, I have a 250gb SSD. If i do this will the remaining 211gb of space be available? or do I have to create a partition for that too?

Again, apologies for my ignorance
>>
>>53978208
Arc/Arc Darker

Breeze Icons
>>
>>53978571
>1gb to boot
That's ridiculous, 500mb would be far more than big enough for /boot.
What are you planning to do with the other 211gb? It will be unallocated if you do nothing with it.
Also, 250gb SSD doesn't really have 250gb to use...
>>
I am trying out mate and I have trouble finding settings for the window manager.
I want to remove the window decoration (title and close buttons) when the window is maximized.
I also want new windows to come above and be in focus.

Is that possible? Or should I just switch the window manager out?
>>
>>53978997
What if you bork your system and are stuck in recovery and don't have access to your porn? Emergency porn stash on /boot, duh!
>>
>>53978571
Yes you have to make a partition if you want to get to the data.

Swap (if you want it) should be equal or greater than the amount of ram in your system.

Boot doesn't require a lot of space. It is where you store your grub and your kernels.
If you plan on testing a lot of kernels, it 1G might be good, but for most users, 512M is more than enough.

30G for home is a bit weird, did you mean for root?
Again that may be overkill but depends on what you want I guess.
Using the rest for home sounds fine.
You could also mount it in another folder, eg ~/data or something if you want the separation.

You might want to look into llvm if you plan on changing the partition sizes a lot.
>>
>>53972867
I can relate
>>
>>53972867
So I have a Windows (10) install as well as my current Arch partition. I want to reinstall Windows in its existing place because the current install is bloated with cancer as it was my daily driver before moving. If I reinstall is it gonna fuck up my linux partitions at all? I don't care if grub gets messed up I just don't want to lose data.
>>
Hi guys, my main music player on windows was foobar and I loved the file operation thing where I could create directories depending on the file tags, are there any type of software that can do this on linux?
>>
>>53979405
Kid3 is really good.
>>
>>53979405
puddletag
>>
>>53979405
Foobar2000. (It's on the AUR, thanks to WINE).
>>
>>53979405
quodlibet
>>
>>53977845
Heh
>>
>>53977248
I reinstalled my current GTK theme (arc) and it worked after logging in and out. My icons are a bit iffy even after reinstalling. I heard that AdWaita and some cinnamon themes are currently working.
>>
>>53979181
Yes I meant root,

I have set it up;

Boot: 512M
Root: 30G
Home: 200G
Swap: 8G

Thank you for the informative response
>>
>>53979776
You could probably cut another 10 gigs off root
>>
I installed xubuntu because Debian was a pain in the ass to troubleshoot everything. Everything works out of the box now but I feel like I won't learn Linux with this much hand holding.

Go back to Debian or keep using Ubuntu for a couple of weeks?
>>
>>53976772
You should use free (as in freedom) and open source controllers only, not proprietary shit like Sony or Microsoft controllers.
>>
>>53979454
>>53979532
Thanks, I'll check those out

>>53979519
I'm trying to stay away from one for a while, but thanks anyway

>>53979499
I tried to use puddletag but instead of moving the folder inside the music directory, it moved into my home folder. But maybe I don't know how to use it...
>>
>>53979858
>Debian was a pain in the ass to troubleshoot everything.

What do you mean?

Also, you should probably get rid of this idea that using a certain distribution of linux will make you learn it better. Read up on the filesystem; get used to reading documentation, manual pages and configuration files; learn bash scripting and learn to use linux tools and exploit the power of the command line. You can do all of this in any distribution.

The only reason you would want to use a specific distribution is because you already understand enough about linux to get something out of the (somewhat trivial in the grand scheme of things) differences between them.
>>
Can someone please enlighten me as to why the OSD in mpv doesn't show up when mousing over the window anymore? If I fiddle with the volume the volume bar appears but not the text telling me the numbers. I tried un- and reinstalling it (also deleting the .conf files in /etc/mpv and ~/.config/mpv).
Thanks.
>>
>>53980005
I'm using Xubuntu 14.04 in case it matters.
>>
>>53980005
have you tried pressing 'o'?
>>
>>53980124
Yes, that doesn't change anything.
> press once, it shows the current playback time as text
> press again, it shows current and total playback time as text
> press again, it says OSD: no
> press again, it says OSD: yes
> OSD still doesn't show up
>>
i'm trying to install PlayOnLinux on debian, but i keep getting the error "unable to find package playonlinux". apparently it's in the contrib area of the stretch archive, so i don't see why i can't get it

here's my sources.list

deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ testing-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ testing-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
>>
>>53980193
Have you got anything in your config file? Also try pressing delet button until it says auto and see if it still doesn't work.
>>
>>53980327
File lists for /etc/mpv and ~/.config/mpv are identical:
Anon@XubuntuPC:/etc/mpv$ ll
total 24
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 11 00:08 ./
drwxr-xr-x 139 root root 12288 Apr 11 07:44 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7228 Apr 11 00:08 input.conf

I only modified input.conf so I could have mouse wheel change the volume instead of skipping back and forth.
>>
>>53979309
No one knows?
>>
>>53980412
It shouldn't
>>
>>53980327
Also pressing delete does literally nothing as far as I can tell.
>>
>>53980469
Well the man page says something about requiring to be built with lua support. Other than that i've got nothing.
>>
>>53980577
Thanks anyway.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-10_01-19-05.png (188 KB, 1366x740) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-10_01-19-05.png
188 KB, 1366x740
Anyone else using deadbeef? Can I see your designs? I need some inspo. Also, it seems scrobbling isnt working... dae has this problem?
>>
File: vittumitäpaskaa.png (97 KB, 350x363) Image search: [Google]
vittumitäpaskaa.png
97 KB, 350x363
why do i sometimes need to re-plug my usb peripherals when i boot into linux?
happens with opensuse, fedora and ubuntu but not with windows
>>
Whats the best way to do a horizontal panorama/stitch/merge with two or more images?
>>
>>53973256

>What initcpio configs should I do?
The ones you need. If you don't know which ones you need, you don't need any.

>dhcpcd or systemd-networkd
Whichever suits you more.

>Should I enable multilib?
Do you need anything from there? Skype?

>Should I install anything else beside Nvidia driver like Mesa or Vesa?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xorg#Driver_installation

>should I avoid downloading xterm and just do systemctl start (DM) ?
I don't know what xterm, a terminal emulator, has to do with that.

>Can I skip the login manager? And if no what's the best one to pick?
You can skip a display manager. Someone posted above how to do it. There's not much choice. You have lightdm (plus its greeters) and SDDM. Stay away from GDM (too heavy and GNOME centric) and Slim (deprecated).

>For fonts should I go with? freetype2 what extra fonts or packages you guys recommend?
Just copy the sample fontconfig from the Wiki or be an idiot and download the Infinality package.

>What bash should I use - what are the good options?
What? There's only one Bash.
>>
>>53980206
did you update?
>>
>>53980412
A repair wont. Reusing the partitions for a fresh installation will still alter the MBR,/UEFI boot loader and you'll have to fix it with the arch install disk
>>
>>53981314
>>53980206
yes. nevermind, i sorted the problem out.
>>
>>53981353
I don't mind fixing the bootloader I just want to know if I wipe all the existing non linux partitions then install to free space if it will fuck with the existing ones and overwrite data.
>>
>>53981552
In that case, no not at all
>>
>>53976044
In case you still have the thread up: I'm curious, what kind of hardware are we talking about?
>>
>>53975948
xfce runs just fine when I dock in my eeepc1005 with an n450 1.6ghz and 1gb ddr2.
>>
I've got a disk that I can't get removed from my machine.
Shows up in disk manager, etc.
Even when disconnected.
I can mount it on my desktop, but then when I unmount, it doesn't go away, and I can't remount it.
Disk works fine when I hook it up to my laptop, this problem doesn't occur.
Both are on ubuntu 14.04.

Even though it's dced, it still thinks the disk is there.

I also tried rm /dev/sde, which is the disk, in an attempt to remove the thing.
That worked, but the disk is still there.

echo 1 > /sys/block/sde/device/delete

Is giving me permission denied even as root.

I'm also getting a massive call trace in dmesg.
 INFO: task mount:5235 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
Tainted: P OE 3.19.0-32-generic #37~14.04.1-Ubuntu
"echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.

Any ideas?
>>
http://serverfault.com/questions/769357/recovering-from-a-rm-rf

>linux
>>
>switch from intel's Just Works to Nvidia with the free nouveau drivers
>tearing out of its ass

Apparently the Vsync option is already set by default, yet there's still plenty of tearing. I don't want to run a compositor just for this. ;_;
>>
Is there an equivilant to Puush for Linux?
>>
>>53982150
How did he manage to get >1k customers in the first place with this kind of idiocraty?
>>
>>53982150
Oh gods, poor sod. You don't ever want to be the «rm -rf "$STEAMROOT/"*» guy.

Not sure what terrible coding practices have to do with Linux, though.
>>
I am trying to use my gamecube controller with Dolphin but it won't pick it up as an input for it.
>>
>>53982150
Holy shit.
>>
File: 1460367953428.png (187 KB, 1083x465) Image search: [Google]
1460367953428.png
187 KB, 1083x465
>>53982150
>>
>>53982150
>>linux
rm is GNU nigga, Linux is just a kernel
>>
File: 1449826499104.png (91 KB, 1207x587) Image search: [Google]
1449826499104.png
91 KB, 1207x587
>>
>>53982271
This one gave it away, thats just a nig/g/er trolling y'all.
>>
>>53982271
If people fuck up that badly on linux where you have to carefully type all of the options imagine how it would go on windows where a wrong click will do the trick.
>>
File: lel.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
211 KB, 327x316
>>53982338
>>
http://time.is/
So my time is some seconds behind. How do I fix it? Ubuntu babby here.
>>
>>53982427
ntpd
>>
>>53982577
Thanks.
>>
>>53982610

systemd-timesyncd for a simpler solution.
>>
So I've got a really old dell laptop (at this point it's like 8 or 9 years old) and I put Mint on it about a year ago.
I'm basically only using the laptop for some light web browsing and movie download/playing.
I haven't really used the terminal much, but I know some basic commands and I can also easily follow any guides for it that I need to.
My question is does it make sense for me to switch to a lighter distro like Debian? I'm sure it'll be a little harder to learn but like I said I'm really only using the laptop for two things. If Debian would have a performance improvement over Mint and not break too many things it would be worth switching right?
Also, on Mint you can basically get by perfectly fine without the terminal at all, so is that also the case on Debian?
If anyone knows a better distro for what I want I'd appreciate any suggestions as well.
>>
newfag here, wanna try out Linux.

But my ASUS Z170-A mobo seems to be making some problems to install linux distros, is there anything I need to change in BIOS?

Everytime I try to boot an USB dongle with an distro installation the computer just restarts.
>>
>>53983279
are you trying to install linux from a live boot image? specifically what image did you put on the USB?
>>
>>53983405
I downloaded a 64-bit iso and used this:

https://rufus.akeo.ie/
>>
>>53983429
link to the iso.
>>
>>53983439
https://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=204
>>
>>53983450
https://linuxmint.com/rel_rosa_cinnamon.php

i thought UEFI might not be supported, but according to the release notes it is. make sure secure boot is turned off.

release notes recommend you to use a previous release if you cant boot.
>>
I made a loop to run uptime every minute because I wanted to see what the idle load of my system is like. The result of it perplexes me, have a look at the load averages:
>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam.
Fine, I'll attach a picture instead.

This doesn't seem possible to me, so I assume I'm misunderstanding something. Could someone enlighten me? Remember, there's one minute between each line.

For those who don't know, the three values show the system load averages for the past minute, past five minutes and past fifteen minutes.
>>
Is there a guide that explains how to create some kind of medium tier infrastructure with Gano Lonuux?

The installgentoo wiki is total shit
>>
File: th.jpg (11 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11 KB, 200x300
>>53977576
Club-mate is what everyone in the ccc and pirate-party drinks.
>>
>>53983227
Can anyone help me out here?
I just need to know if Debian is a good choice for what I want and if there's a better option or not.
>>
>>53983561
Club Mate is so 2007, picture related is what the cool kids on the block are drinking nowadays.
>>
>>53983557
>Everything is shit
>pls spoonfeed
How about you state what exactly you want to do faggot?
>>
>>53983557
>says installgentoo wiki sucks
>asks people who made installgentoo for advice
>>
>>53972867

Is this fucking guy always with his notebook? No wonder he's a lonerfag.
>>
>>53983582
>flora-power.de needs nonfree software to display properly on icecat
Sticking with club mate
>>
what's a good login manager? im currently using GDM, but it's being buggy. also, is there an easy way of switching between DEs without a login manager?
>>
>>53983628
> lonerfag
/b/ leave.
Also
> Please don't be surprised if I pull out my computer at dinner and begin handling some of my email. I have difficulty hearing when there is noise; at dinner, when people are speaking to each other, I usually cannot hear their words. >Rather than feel bored, or impose on everyone by asking them to speak slowly at me, I do some work.
>>
I want to try a distro other than ubuntu, is Debian the only one that is not full of gimmicks or autism?
>>
>>53983674
Lightdm is okay, what issues do you have with gdm? Depends on how you define easy.
>>
>>53983699
Debian, parabola and fedora are all good.
>>
>>53983674
Why do you want one.
>>
>>53983699
Use Trisquel, it's what RMS uses.
>>
>>53983571
Debian is probably a fine choice.

>>53983674
>what's a good login manager?
SLiM, LightDM

>switching between DEs without a login manager
https://c.darenet.org/tyil/dotfiles/blob/master/home/tyil/.scripts/generic/x

>>53983699
You're probably trolling, given the way you ask about this, but Debian or Voidlinux would probably be a decent pick for a beginner.
>>
>>53983719
So is Trisquel noob-friendly? It looks easy to manage and is based on ubuntu but with the 100% free-as-in-freedom drivers etc I'm not sure it'll work "out of the box".
Should I stick with xubuntu?
>>
>>53983785
Jumping from xubuntu to Trisquel is not a good idea.
>>
>>53983785
Do you have nonfree software installed currently? If no, by all means use trisquel or gnewsense but if you have, there is no point. Vrms will tell you what rms would nag you about.
>>
>>53983799
Why?
>>
>>53983706
when i first boot my laptop and GDM launches, it starts to flicker back and forth between the bash login screen and GDM login screen. after a couple of seconds it stops and i can login normally.
by easy, i mean i can switch between one DE to another as quickly as you would with a display manager.

>>53983716
gnome is kind of laggy at times, so im thinking about trying something else instead. want to be able to switch between DEs before i get comfortable with one.

>>53983720
i don't know exactly what im meant to do with this code.
>>
when installing Debian if i unmark all options in "Software selection", what would be the essential software i need to download and install?
>>
>>53983818
~ % vrms
Non-free packages installed on loki

emacs24-common-non-dfsg GNU Emacs common non-DFSG items, including the core do
steam Valve's Steam digital software delivery system
unrar Unarchiver for .rar files (non-free version)

3 non-free packages, 0.1% of 2080 installed packages.

A-a-am I a lost cause rms-senpai?
>>
>>53983818
Well, mp3 codecs etc, probably drivers for my laptop's internal wifi card and maybe some other stuff I take for granted.
I just ran vrms on my work pc which is running Unity-Ubuntu and it's only complaining about Skype (not my choice, mandated by higher-ups) and flash player. Shouldn't it complain about Amazon integration etc.?
>>
>>53983834
>i don't know exactly what im meant to do with this code.
It allows you to switch between DEs/WMs easily without using a login manager at all.

Normally, you'd put an exec for your DE/WM in a .xinitrc. With this script, you'd write one for each DE/WM and put it in .xinit/whatever.rc. If you want to launch a DE/WM, just run `x whatever` and it'll start up the right one.
>>
Why has nobody figured out the mess with sound cards in Linux? I recently bought a Creative card and got no sound from any port. After some forum searches, concluded that its fucked with no resolution in sight. The fuck? Why is sound card support so bad?
>>
>>53983883
Go complain to the people that make sound cards and refuse to support other systems and refuse to release the sourcecode. Not a Linux issue.
>>
>>53979956
>I tried to use puddletag but instead of moving the folder inside the music directory, it moved into my home folder. But maybe I don't know how to use it...
Yeah you didn't set the path correctly. It can be a bit confusing at first but it's very powerful.
>>
>>53983858
get rid of unrar, 7z does the job
>>
Asked this on /wsr/ then realized I should ask here

What's wrong with systemd?
>>
>>53983842
Linux, essential GNU software and a package manager mostly. If you choose the expert installer in netinstall you can customise that.
You won't have a gui with this if that's what you are asking.
>>
>>53983834
>want to be able to switch between DEs before i get comfortable with one.
? You can just change your .xinitrc or add parameters to startx calls.
>>
>>53983908
Plenty of hardware needed drivers sourced by the community, and it was still a "Linux issue". Shit, nvidia makes drivers and people still work towards rolling their own because "much open sores". There's drivers for previous iterations of Creative cards, am I the only one left on the planet using a dedicated sound card?
>>
>>53983858
debian says the documentation of rms editor is not "free".
>can't make this shit up senpai
>>
>>53983957
http://judecnelson.blogspot.nl/2014/09/systemd-biggest-fallacies.html
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-May/019657.html
http://blog.lusis.org/blog/2014/09/23/end-of-linux/

There's probably more info on without-systemd.org.

>>53983982
No, some ignorant people called it a Linux issue. It's not, it's companies refusing to provide proper support. Maybe you should've looked at what you were buying before giving money to companies that clearly don't give a shit about you.
>>
>>53983859
The amazon thingy is still free software. It's still unethical so yes it probably should nag people about it.
Mp3 codecs are free software if you are in Europe.
>>53983982
>am I the only one left on the planet using a dedicated sound card?
Yes. Do you have any reason for using it?
>>
>>53984014
Oh, I was under the impression that it was proprietary and thus unethical, apart from the spying aspect.
I am in Europe. I actually work part-time at the institute that developed it desu.
>>
>>53983984
Dfsg and the fsf definition are not completely the same, not sure whats wrong with the documentation though.
>>
>>53983506
I got the same numbers. It looks like, they forget to divide by the number of minutes.
>>
>>53984041
Where do you live? Does your second name start with K?
>>
>>53984007
You can stand on principle all day long bud, but it doesn't help out any of the poor fuckers wanting to use Linux with a piece of hardware without drivers written for it. It makes your shit look bad, and you can argue with that all you'd like, but a newbie who installed Ubuntu for the first time doesn't care about whether its a Linux issue, he cares that he's got no sound coming out of his computer.
>>
>>53983957
enjoy
http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

>>53983699
debian or fedora

>>53983674
lightdm. Modify the greeter if you don't like the default one (should be GTK+ I think)

>>53983628
he have a girlfriend.

>>53983279
go to the bios, disable fast boot.
If you're running windows 8, 8.1 or 10 you'll have to boot on it and disable fast boot again on the OS this time. This shit put itself on sleep mode instead of shuting down the computer properly.
Then it should be okay. Just change the boot order of your devices to make sure you boot on the right device.
about >>53983490
Secure boot can be left on in general. You can try with and without, it doen't take a lot of time to modify that.

>>53983227
debian is a good choice, but the most important is to use a light DE like lxde for example. Even lubuntu would give you better performances than mint.

>>53982157
nvidia can't into open source. use their proprietary bullshit. If you want open source drivers your best option is amd.
>>
>>53984074
nearly every second CS major has been working at one of the fraunhofer institutes at one point of their studies senpai, don't even try
>>
>>53984074
Germany.
> second name
You mean last name? No.
>>
>>53984076
Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that it's not a Linnux issue. Like I said, maybe spend some minutes to decide who you want to give money to. You decided this was not worth it and just gave your money to people who give literally 0 shits about you. So in my humble opinion, it's your own fault for being this stupid.

Luckily, you don't need a dedicated sound card for sound at all nowadays, and you literally just wasted money to keep a bad business practice alive. Good job.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.