[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you stopped watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 14
File: mockup.jpg (30 KB, 879x203) Image search: [Google]
mockup.jpg
30 KB, 879x203
Have you stopped watching?
>>
>>53971047
No, watching them get cucked by random idiots on craigslist is too entertaining.
>>
I stopped watching after this video where they publicly admit to getting buttered up by nVidia together with other "reviewers" with luxurious hotels, aquariums and whatnot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4jckd7J4ko

How the fuck can you be unbiased in a review when they give you fucking trips to exotic beaches to review their shit? They fucking know they'll never get invited to parties like that again if they give it a bad review. There's absolutely no fucking ethics involved here and is purely for lubing up the "journalists".
>>
>>53971639
If you'd watch their podcast/twitch show (the wan-show) you'd know they they actually like AMD quite a bit ... they repeatedly stated again and again that they'd love nothing more than good stuff from AMD - since everyone benefits from competition.

I can understand why people dislike linus tech tips stuff, without ever watching the wan show, though.
their main content got really dull over the last couple of months (it started getting worse around 1.5 years ago) and by now only every fifth video or so is decent.
>>
File: linus and the sinus.jpg (116 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
linus and the sinus.jpg
116 KB, 580x386
LinusShillTips isn't /g/. It's >>>/biz/.

He is a dumb label reader.
He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
His Linkedin is full of management bullshit, swimming instructor, and boyscout.
Yet in spite of all of this he acts as if he knows anything, and as if he represents the tech collective.

He is a fucking marketer. His hardware reviews are about as informative as reading the fucking PDF.
The average Joe is more likely to get fucked over by listening to his idiocy.
His "humor" is 9gag level.

He is so fucking tech illiterate that he had to employ a special writer for his TechQuickie channel because he's too stupid himself.
The same faggot who tried to push a spiritual book as a solution for Carpal Tunnel or something.

His group is a marketing group, not a tech group.

He had to Internet beg for money in order to move to an office, which he managed to get ripped off on because he is a dumb faggot (admits it).
A fucking hotel cleaner in Las Vegas who gets paid on average $2400-$2700 a month can sooner or later afford what Linus has to beg for on the Internet, or beg to the manufacturers and labels.
He depends on his wife's BJ income, and she looks like those roach monsters from Terra Formars (pic related).
He pays his faggot employees minimum wage [admitted in the WAN show discussion between him and Luke], his ad revenue has halved in the meantime, and YT revenue is shit in the first place.

If you want computer case angles and proper feature description with objective reviews, you watch those faggots HardwareCanucks, who even go as far as reviewing fucking dust filters.
If you want to post on-topic /g/ related YouTubers, you post people who actually have tech jobs, tech education, and practical application; like Wendell from TekShitdictate, or Louis Rossman for board repair and reading blueprints.

Fuck off to >>>/biz/.
>>
>>53971047
Who the fuck would watch that faggot? Answer: kids from /v/ who dont know shit about hardware
The evidence of this was seen when he met "fans" and they all were underage faggots
>>
File: linus fuck up your pc tips.webm (151 KB, 926x660) Image search: [Google]
linus fuck up your pc tips.webm
151 KB, 926x660
No because I never started to begin with.
>>
This is what happens when the pcmasterrace meme goes too far. Also in his moving vlogs, he seems like a micromanaging douchebag
>>
No because my friend likes watching his videos when I'm over his house
>>
File: krabs_rag3do.jpg (35 KB, 680x464) Image search: [Google]
krabs_rag3do.jpg
35 KB, 680x464
>>53972352
>>
>>53971047
I watched it one time.
His voice is fucking annoying.
>>
File: gtx 980 kill.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gtx 980 kill.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>watching this retard
>>
>>53972549

what the fuck
>>
stop watching most of his videos, still watch those with luke and the other tall guy....
>>
>lets talk about a bunch of useless shit that no one cares about like heating up pizza with a graphics card because we've committed ourselves to daily videos and need to keep churning them out for ad revenue to keep our barely above water company running because we have to employ 20 people to make fucking Youtube videos in our huge warehouse that we rented to make fucking Youtube videos
>>
>>53972549

Don't let this be real
>>
His videos are literal advertisements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u55m3Hp_p8k

Who the fuck cares about some Lian Li case, and why did he specifically "review" that unless of course Lian Li paid him to.
>>
THIS VIDEO IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY SQUARESPACE

BECAUSE WERE GONNA PUT ADS IN OUR PRODUCT PLACEMENT PC VIDEOS
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 500x470
>>53972549
While I don't watch LTT at all, what idiot manufacturer would put a capacitor right where the PCIe locking tab should be?

Cutting it off technically won't damage the overall functionality, as there are no circuitry or data terminals on the tab. However, good luck standing the motherboard setup vertically.
>>
>>53972756
It's a server board
What fucking idiot would want to use a GPU in a server
>>
>>53972352
I'd say he is a pretty cool guy
>>
>>53972772
Why is he putting a high-end GPU card on a server board?
>>
>>53972809
Because he wants to build an "epic" "workstation" and got the board for free
>>
>>53971047
I'm watching only Luke's videos. Too bad he doesn't have his own channel.
>>
File: webcam_20160410.jpg (194 KB, 1727x901) Image search: [Google]
webcam_20160410.jpg
194 KB, 1727x901
>>53972352
>He is a dumb label reader.
>He doesn't know even basic physics, math, or coding.
>He doesn't have, and never had, a legit tech job.
>He doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
Thanks.

>He had to Internet beg for money in order to move to an office.
Haha :p

What are you doing with your life?! Maybe you can give me some tips.
>>
>>53972866
>dat file name
can u make something like 'sup /g/'?
>>
>>53972866
this looks like a screencap of an old video when they where in the house before the whorehouse they are in now
>>
>>53972866
>1727x901
What a shity webcam :v)
>>
>>53972866
Anon you faggot, you are going to have to do better than that.
But to answer your last question. Anyone who does a job with the guarantee of a pension, yet their job enables them to also have free time for entertainment (that means set hours and not the lifeless eyes thing Linus is doing), is pretty much better off than Linus.
>>
>>53972549
tech noob ehre. What is going on here and what is he sawing? If he had to saw part of it off does that mean that the graphics card is not suppposed to go into that motherboard in the first place?
>>
>>53973050
Let me tell you something, you and me know that we ignore trolls for a reason, but I will take a moment to take this out of my chest.

We get paid for making a 20 minutes video about tech, you all discuss tech in this place for all day, you do it for free.

Yeah, maybe we get free things for sponsors and we have tons of ads but that's how YouTube works. Even if I have a "shitty webcam" I can pretty much get any webcam I want for free with just a couple of messages while you all need to save money working for hours.

Kept talking about us and feel free to complain about me all you want, but remember, at the end of the day you are just views and free publicity for our channels :p
>>
>>53973214
Hey "Linus", how does it feel that your monthly views has dropped from 42.7 million in January, to 30.8 million in February, and now 26.8 million in March?
>>
>>53973338
How does it feels to slave away hoping for a half-day off?
>>
>>53973214

where's the rift review? oh, you don't have one
where's the vive review? oh you don't have one
>>
>>53973394
where's your $30,000 PC you got for free? oh you don't have one
where's your $17,000 battery you got for free? oh you don't have one
>>
>>53971047
>literally spending 15 minutes talking about banning faggots in the chat
>>
>>53973464
>where's your $30,000 PC you got for free? oh you don't have one
disassembled
>where's your $17,000 battery you got for free? oh you don't have one
paid for
>>
>>53973523
The parts are still inside our offices, with all our other sponsored tech. :p
>>
I tried watching. The show is not that informative and the projects aren't even remotely practical.

As a sysadmin I cringe looking at how he set up his network infrastructure.
>>
>>53973723
Also when I saw that they lost all of their data because they can't into backups I died a little on the inside.
>>
>>53973723
Yeah seriously, their jbod disk array is a head scratcher.
>>
>>53973214
>being a wage slave
>even being proud of that
kek
>>
>this video is sponsored by these 20 companies
>hi guize let's check out this badass GAYMING shit!!!11
>I got it for free so im going to only mention how great it is so i can get MORE FOR FREE
>there are some downsides too but i wont go into detail about those because I dont want to lose my "job"
>half of video over already
>This video was sponsored by these 20 companies
>rest of video is irrelevant shit no-one cares about
>>
>>53973723
We have backups, the blogs should be seen as dramatization. The recovery data company offered us a very very big amount of money for the 22:58 ad.

>>53973826
I have to go now, random viewer no. 2,600,000 :p
>>
>>53973906
There is no other way to interpret "we lost everything"
>>
>>53972772
Rendering?
>>
>>53973962
The board probably was part of a rack-mounted slim server, a GPU wouldnt even fit in those cases
>>
He gives pretty decent advice at times but the quality of his videos has indeed deteriorated in the past year or so. Like, who really cares if you bought a $10,000 HDMI cable?

He has basically the same computer knowledge as I do, which is that of a gamer and casual hobbyist. He shouldnt be taken seriously as anything beyond a journalist, especially his new stuff.
>>
>>53973906
>we

I liked when he visited the tech factories.

I dont like the random videos on some mediocre router, keyboard or mouse id never use. Unfortunately these are the majority of videos he makes now.
>>
>12 min video on how to increase NAS to computer speeds
>2 minutes dedicated to ads
>3 minutes dedicated to explaining the problem/project thing
>2 minutes showing examples of thing/new products from *AFFILIATED ADVERTISING PARTNER*
>2 minutes dedicated to showing where you can buy *THING*
>3 minutes spent actually giving a tutorial
>>
File: whocares.jpg (44 KB, 720x774) Image search: [Google]
whocares.jpg
44 KB, 720x774
>>53974003
>>
File: 1312292247718.png (103 KB, 665x598) Image search: [Google]
1312292247718.png
103 KB, 665x598
>>53973378
>How does it feels to slave away hoping for a half-day off?
You mean like Linus does?
Linus is operating a wonky revenue system that is constantly in danger of fucking him over.
He needs to constantly think about how and what to create for his next video. He then has to supervise his editor that shit is being done properly.
He has to make sure that the shit his whole crew is operating on is functioning (which he fails at constantly, like with the server) and then he has to spend hours fixing shit if he ain't spending hours thinking up how his next vid should look like.
Then he also has to spend hours thinking creative ways to shill while coordinating them with his sponsors, which requires an hour or two at least of phone calls with all kinds of sponsors, or potential sponsors, a day.
Even without all of this, his viewership is fucked, YouTube revenue has halved, and he had to move to a subscription service to survive. So now he also has to dedicate a few hours a day at managing his online shit because the Internet has become intolerable towards the job of a YouTuber. YouTube already takes 40% of your revenue in order to ensure your videos aren't being taken down even if they abide by fair use (the Channel Network intermediary management group), and that's WITH ad revenue halved. The new subscription site may also start fucking him, so he needs to constantly look for backup services and alternatives.
Then he also has his wife on book-keeping, yet he is the one who has to spend additional hours on top of all aforementioned in order to manage his crew and the backlash of potentially cutting their paychecks to meet the middle line for the whole business.
Oh, and let's not forget that YouTubers don't get cock in terms of pension.

You understand why Linus is constantly lifeless and tired in the vids now?
Because being a YouTuber is the worst fucking job on this planet in terms of free time and prospects, and all YouTubers can attest to it. You have to LOVE it.
>>
>>53974151
Oh, and let's not forget that Linus also has a chinklet that he has to take care of.
>>
>>53972352
>His hardware reviews are about as informative as reading the fucking PDF.
I feel this way about a lot of the tech YouTube channels, and why I never really got the point of them. Just seems like a waste to watch something so produced for such a basic overview.
>>
>>53974244
Wendell on TekSyndicate is legit. Been a sysadmin for 5 years (Also have a BS in information systems) and occasionally he brings up something I was unaware of.
>>
>>53974151
>Because being a YouTuber is the worst fucking job on this planet in terms of free time and prospects, and all YouTubers can attest to it. You have to LOVE it.
That's not true. It is true if you do like Linus and tries to make like a 10 man business out of it, but for other people who only makes a video a week, without all this bullshit management overhead Linus has probably loves it.
People like MKBHD, Ashens, Disguised Toast, Commentiquette, the list goes on.
>>
>>53974305
>Wendell on TekSyndicate is legit
Yeah he really is! Wish he had more time dedicated to himself on "The Tek", although he already talks 50% of the time
>>
>>53974441
>That's not true. It is true if you do like Linus and tries to make like a 10 man business out of it, but for other people who only makes a video a week, without all this bullshit management overhead Linus has probably loves it.

You basically said that it's true if you are doing it as a hobby that happens to make you some money, rather than as a job (where you just have to dish out videos on a frequent basis). Most of the people you listed have side-jobs and external revenue, they don't do YouTube as the main job unlike Linus.
>>
>>53974567
>You basically said that it's true if you are doing it as a hobby that happens to make you some money, rather than as a job (where you just have to dish out videos on a frequent basis). Most of the people you listed have side-jobs and external revenue, they don't do YouTube as the main job unlike Linus.
Believe me, MKBHD does not do it as a hobby. It is his job. Ashens does other things too, but his main income is YouTube (just look at his filmography and you will see that it is not enough to live on).

Less people = less management = less overhead = more money for you per video.
>>
>>53975065
Based on what i saw on MKBHD's LinkedIn, he should also be doing some Google shit in regards to that bullshit about search engine optimization that they get Hindus to do too.
He is also a statistician/marketer, which means he might also be doing some number crunching for firms on the side,
or he might also be doing video editing for other people as a side-thing (he did that as a job too).

He doesn't dish out videos as frequently as others, so it's safe to assume that he has time to do side-gigs.

As far as Ashens goes, i don't know much about him so i won't comment there. Saw a few vids before but never went into it totally. I mostly ignore YouTube these days unless it's some idubbbz shit with the gay retard being plastered by dildos via fanmail to get a laugh out of it.
>>
Why is everyone so mad at him? I thought you'd show some gratitude and respect to the dude. I mean, he wrote the goddamn Linux kenel.
>>
>>53975370
>>Based on what i saw on MKBHD's LinkedIn, he should also be doing some Google shit in regards to that bullshit about search engine optimization that they get Hindus to do too.
>He is also a statistician/marketer, which means he might also be doing some number crunching for firms on the side,
>or he might also be doing video editing for other people as a side-thing (he did that as a job too).

>He doesn't dish out videos as frequently as others, so it's safe to assume that he has time to do side-gigs.

MKBHD gets 15.3 million videos a month. He is alone, does everything himself and keeps 100% of the revenue himself. He even films inside his own apartment.

LinusTechTips has something like 10 people employed, a warehouse he hired firms to make an office out of and so on, and he gets 26.8 million views.

Are you seriously suggesting that MKBHD does not do this as his full time job? He probably makes something like 5 times as much money as Linus does.

I am pretty sure idubbbz does his videos full time as well.

You are greatly underestimating how much money YouTube people make. Like someone showed earlier, Linus made 2250 dollars from a single video, and that was in like 10 days.
Alex Day (made Vlogs like once a week) made about 3500 pounds from ads on his videos alone (and then another 10K pounds from merch and stuff). That was with ~2 million views a month.
http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/18/how-a-youtube-sensation-beat-justin-timberlake-and-the-music-industry/
>>
>>53972352
it would be nice to see /g/ move to /biz/ or atleast move all the shitty consumer crap there
>>
i watched and the fell off to never come back again, their videos are too samey and boring, their jokes are not funny, and they censor themselves.
>>
>>53977357
oh and linus is a fucking asshole.
>>
>>53972756

Don't trust the autorouter
>>
>>53971639
>How the fuck can you be unbiased in a review when they give you fucking trips to exotic beaches to review their shit?
Their reviews of graphics cards are entirely numbers. Unless you fake the numbers (which would be easy to prove), there's really nothing that bias can do there.
>>
>>53972352
>e doesn't have any tech related degree/diploma/course certification.
He doesn't have a degree in memorizing random extremely specific knowledge that will never be needed again (my experience in ECE)? That totally disqualifies him from being a valid tech marketer.
>>
>>53973962
It was off a video to make a gay men [email protected] for less than $200 or something like that
>>
>>53972772
>>53972809
The full context was an episode about using server parts for gaming user. "Out of service" server components can be found online, Ebay, for pretty damn cheap; especially compared to their consumer counter parts. this episode was exhibiting the Pros and Cons of acquiring second hand server parts, like a server motherboard, for use as a gaming machine.
>>
>>53971047
I stopped years ago when they started getting professional and Linus started shilling everything.
>>
File: 1435467567846.gif (791 KB, 318x242) Image search: [Google]
1435467567846.gif
791 KB, 318x242
>>53972549
>>
File: shitposting.webm (267 KB, 558x314) Image search: [Google]
shitposting.webm
267 KB, 558x314
>>53972352
>>
Can't take a word he says seriously anymore without thinking "is he getting paid to say this?".

Guy fucking shills everything, two 2 minute ads on Squarespace/Audible for his techquickie page etc. He acts as if he needs every single iota of this money, but I fail to see how their operation costs anything other than wages; larger operations survive on ad revenue alone (SciShow, Crashcourse etc)
>>
>>53979664
He isn't. Not in cash at least. He gets given a shitton of promo material. That's how they sway these people.
>>
>>53972866
0/10 try harder
>>
>>53972352
>or Louis Rossman for board repair and reading blueprints.
He's like the Anthony Fantano of MBP boards
In the sense that they both lull me into deep slumber.
I still like him tho.
>>
Speaking of tech channels. Are there any more good ones that you can just listen too? Talking along the lines of Wendell or Louis who know they're stuff talking about various subjects. The longer they are the better.
>>
>>53973723
His entire show is basically label reading targeted at liberal normalfag teenagers and poor college students. There's no substance to his videos, but I guess that goes for most 'tech' channels. They mostly exist to spoonfeed normies shit they would otherwise have to google and research on their own. I kind of feel sad for Linus even though I know I shouldn't feel sad for any Youtuber who thinks making videos for kids is a sustainable career option.
>>
>>53971047
stopped watching? but anon, I never started.
>>
>>53980020
I've always enjoyed the content MKBHD puts out, but I don't know how great they are for "just listening". The videos are all very high quality.
>>
>>53980020
Not /g/ related in the slightest, but I just love listening to GradeAUnderA. It's his accent or perhaps his huge amount of rage that gets me going.
>>
>>53980020
JayzTwoCents. Mostly about GPUs, but he's lovely to listen to.
>>
>>53972372
>>53972352
>His "humor" is 9gag level.

Honestly if his main demo seems to be underage children, his popularity won't last forever. He will eventually be old and uncool.

>see kids, if you just whore yourself out to the common denominator you too can be famous!
>>
>>53972352
She really looks like a bug wearing human skin. I am both repulsed and creeped out.
>>
>>53971047
is his name really Linus?
>>
>>53972352
He look, we found a true honest /g/ faggot, good job broski, we need more of you speaking up in these threads from the other cancerious boards.
>>
>>53983055
She reminds me of that bug alien in the MIB movie
>marrying the ugly sister
>>
File: current PC.png (57 KB, 693x575) Image search: [Google]
current PC.png
57 KB, 693x575
>>53971753
>they repeatedly stated again and again that they'd love nothing more than good stuff from AMD - since everyone benefits from competition

wow, the most generic line in the universe

linus has a huge nvidia bias and a bias towards the most hyped, marketed and high billed stuff in general

the show lacks perspective and presents all information as equal often needlessly

like for example, at ~$300 or lower, at the level of the r9 390 and below that, AMD has dominant options almost all the way down. AMD's options here, outside of the super-high-end, things relevant to most people looking to build, are essentially superior. Where's the video about that?

He also plays into enormous hardware memes that he doesn't really adequately put into perspective. Like, "But remember! AMD heat noise and power draw!!"

Look at my overclocked 290x. The hottest, most power hungry single GPU, most likely. Wow, so hot... Only it isn't, and I can barely even hear it under load, as these things are more a matter of cooling model than anything, and anyone who works with a lot of hardware knows that pretty much all modern GPUs are perfectly fine in these areas and the differences are, in perspective, entirely negligible.

And he'll ignore anti-nvidia news like the PLAGUE, directly because he doesn't want to upset them. They send him expensive hardware and he can't afford for them to stop.

How much did linus cover all the 970 coil whine reports or various scandals, how harsh was he about the 3.5gb scandal, how harsh was he about nvidia's anti-consumer practices the past year or two (which there have been many)─ or has he even mentioned them?

He's not necessarily bought out, it's not that simple, but he is a shill
>>
>>53973169
Just kill yourself
>>
>>53983251
His content lately is very lame and pointless, it's getting worse and worse ...
Production value and overall quality are better than ever, but there simply are no exciting HW and videos about cases, cpu coolers, monitors seems all the same.

In his defense:
>how harsh was he about the 3.5gb scandal
He made video explaining everything, posting benchmarks, etc... Yeah, he maybe should be harsher, but you can put it that he left you to make your own opinion.

>970 coil whine reports
He would then need to cover tens of different versions of different card, because coil whine is just so common and depends on quality of the components even in the same model.

And even when he prefers nvidia, the only bad things he said about AMD is that there is little to no innovation (no new CPUs, GPUs even when they are great are still somewhat re-branded older chips).

In the end, his ads are getting much worse.
When like half of your video are ads, you should think twice, if watching his videos are worth spending your time.
>>
>>53971047
My year of free Vessel ran out so I haven't watched anything in weeks.
>>
>>53971753
>they repeatedly stated again and again that they'd love nothing more than good stuff from AMD
And every time they do that they look so forced. Like someone is pointing a gun to their heads and is inserting a giant dildo up their asses.
>>
>>53971047
I never started watching.
>>
He is prosumer trash that appeals to the same audience as CSI: Cyber. They're both packed with about the same amount of useful information.

He couldn't make his Cisco router work. He couldn't make his pfSense router work. He couldn't build a 1u server so "1u servers are teh sux". He clipped parts off his 2u server to get components to fit. He tried to build a NAS. He did that terrible 10Gbe LAN implementation. And He tried to water cool his house with hilarious results.

He is as amateur as they come but he's too stupid to see it. His viewers are ignorant fools if they take him seriously. Good on him for fleecing them but anyone who follows his bullshit is dumber than Linus. I've only ever seen part of one of his videos and I thought it was an April fool's day show until someone pointed out they were all like that. I've gotten wind of all his other fuckups second hand.

If someone advertises in his show I won't buy their product. I'm assuming it doesn't work and they have to pay someone to shill to the ignorant masses.

His show looks like a high school project that didn't work and he's always trying to figure it out at the last minute while the judges are watching.

His wife looks like a Japanese urban legend monster. I know she's probably Korean or Viet but she looks like something out of Japanese lore that greets you on the street after dark and eats your skin if you don't tell her where her dead daughter is buried.
>>
>>53983512
>His viewers are ignorant fools if they take him seriously.
Most of his viewers are 13 year olds. I am not joking.
>>
File: roachface.jpg (40 KB, 636x583) Image search: [Google]
roachface.jpg
40 KB, 636x583
>>53972352
>>
>>53972407
That webm title made me kek so much
>>
>>53974441
Ashens..... FUCKING ASHENS?? REALLY ANON
>>
>>53972549
No damage done.
>>
>>53971047
Yupp. un-subbed a month or so ago.

I don't give a fuck about their "pizza heater pcs" and stupid shit like that. They don't do reviews and tests of new tech anymore which was the main reason I was subbed in the first place. It's basically just a shitty entertainment channel now which relies on old fans to stay relevant because their entertainment content is lackluster.
>>
>Buy warehouse
>Have 10+ fulltime staff or some shit like that
>Needs high-end tech for the content they produce
>Barely has 2.5mill subs

And I'm supposed to think this guy isn't a fucking shill? He obviously need the shill money just to keep his fucking company going.
>>
>>53971753
Wanshow is them just sitting there throwing out "memes" trying to be funny and rarely skimming the surface of some "tech" news delivering basic insight into the topics that a non-tech savvy person could do as well.

If you're not a teenager just getting into technology, there is literally no reason to watch that shit.
>>
>linus videos
Prepare for shilling, 9/10 times just skip the video
>luke videos
Find out what is he testing then just skip to the end because everything inbetween is just him fucking up basic shit that eventually gets fixed. Just skip to the results.
>anyone else but linus/luke hosting
just skip the video.
>>
>>53984504
Hai guyzzz I am Taran the super brain, I need 5 million keyboard shortcuts to be """""""productive""""""" yet I work minimum wage for a homo and cry like a little bitch when my wrist has an ouchie
>>
>>53973723
Yeah, that was fucking stupid.

How the fuck did he fuck up not having a backup solution?
>>
>>53984350
they are doing video editing for other companies too
>>
File: firefox_2016-04-11_15-53-23.png (342 KB, 486x468) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-04-11_15-53-23.png
342 KB, 486x468
>>53984504
Nicky V though
>>
How can ANYONE stand being around Taran let alone willingly employ him?
>>
>>53984572
>wrist has an ouchie

you mean he thought his wrist had an "ouchie" and his brain manifested it and he overcame it by sheer positivity and changing his mindset with a self-help book!

...Like are you fucking serious? I'm supposed to take advice from this idiot?
>>
>>53974151

Also, his wife used to be a pharmacist at Costco in Vancouver. She quit what was essentially a $100k+ a year job to go work (help for free) at Linus Media Group.

Linus has got well over $300k tied up in the new building plus equipment. He also has two young children.

Give it a couple years and we'll be seeing quarterly beg-a-thons from LMG. Might be a good way to get some dirt cheap hardware if you live in the Vancouver area though.
>>
never started
>>
>>53984753
>overcame it by sheer positivity and changing his mindset with a self-help book!
to be fair he took that video down and apologized for it
>>
>>53979651
Hey there reddit
>>
>>53985091
Which video?
>>
>>53985098
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/446710-why-i-took-down-the-rsi-video-and-some-more-info/
>>
>>53972549
if you think that made the card non-functional you're an idiot.

now let me tell you how I am an idiot:

I got really drunk and plugged a PSU's 8-pin EPS cable into my 390X's 8-pin power connector and turned it on - which immediately killed the card.

Luckily Newegg is allowing me to return it for a free replacement because I buy so much shit from them or something.

The next day, when I was trying to get the rest of that system built, I plugged a molex power connector into the molex out cable on the fan controller in the back of the Rosewill RISE case and caught the PC on fire - the fan controller will never work again and the power button is crippled (but still barely functional). I wasn't even drunk for that one; I just grossly misread the manual.

Believe it or not, I haven't made a damaging mistake like those in my previous 15-20 years of PC building - I just fucking rolled 1's on my intelligence checks twice in a row this weekend :(
>>
>>53971047
scrapyard wars is fun but apart from that I don't watch his videos.

Still a moderator on his forum though.
>>
>ITT salty permavirgins
>>
>>53987740
Lel, i was soldering wires to a refurbished fan the other day and wrapped both of them under one shrink wrap. Somehow my fucking brain got this idea that it's "saving" the wrap, because why use two pieces when i can fit both wires in one?.
Needless to say both fan and wires went up in smoke.
>>
>>53989648
I'll let you take a pass on that one because you're so poor you're trying to save shrink wrap.

My 390X kill is unforgivable... I had to fucking PUSH that damn connector in against the grain.

Sometimes I hate what I did drunk. Fuck you Hemingway.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.