[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is McAfee an actual good programmer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4
File: McAfee-3.jpg (214 KB, 1240x826) Image search: [Google]
McAfee-3.jpg
214 KB, 1240x826
Is McAfee an actual good programmer?
>>
>>53968779
He is pretty smart, at the very least.
>>
>>53968779

He's rich, does it matter at this point?
>>
>>53968779
Not anymore.
>>
If you listen to Steve Gibson talk about him he was around at the start of the internet and had a massive hard on for collecting viruses.

When one popped up he would dissect it so he probably knows his shit.
>>
>>53968779

he's really good at taking bath salts and killing dudes in belize, which are skills that could transfer over to programming, so i vote a tentative "yes"
>>
>>53968791
When he was talking about hacking the San Bernardino shooter's iPhone, you could clearly see it has been a while since he has done anything with technology. He had no clue what he was talking about.
>>
>>53969308
You are joking, right? He was talking to a news anchor and a nation predominately made up of morons., so how technical did you want him to be?
>>
>>53969334
No, I'm not joking. Even explaining how an iPhone works in a basic sense to normies literally had nothing in relation to what McAfee was saying.
>>
>>53968779
All i know is that he looks fucking badass
>>
>>53969334
He said he was going to social engineer it which isn't even a valid tactic for that kind of problem.

I think the fame went to his head and the drugs fried his brain and he thinks he some sort of hotshot and everyone else is retarded.
>>
>>53969334
I suggest you read this: http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/03/john-mcafee-better-prepare-to-eat-a-shoe-because-he-doesnt-know-how-iphones-work/
>>
>>53968818
You must be better, I assume.
>>
>>53968779
He knows how to use XOR in 3 lines of ASM do to something. Pretty based.
>>
I want him to be president so bad!

I'm so done with corrupt short-sighted bureaucrats like lawyers and businessmen in office!

I want a high-IQ technocrat.
>>
>>53969581
>high IQ
>bangs sheboons
You sure about that anon?
>>
>>53969633
Hey Obama went to Harvard and he bangs a trannie.
>>
>>53969633

>I'll judge his IQ by his taste on wymyn

At least I'm sure about your IQ now.
>>
>>53969581
>>53969730
>McAfee
>high-IQ
lel. In every interview, it is clear that all the drugs he did completely fried his brain.
>>
>>53969777
TruthTrips speak: McAafee a shit.
>>
>>53969777

He'd still be better than what we have right now.

Bottom line is, we need less accountants, businesspeople, lawyers and more engineers, researchers, scientists, academics, physicians, mathematicians, technicians in office.
>>
>>53969916
We should also keep them away from coke and hookers, when we need them to be useful.
>>
>>53969402
Why the fuck would he eat a shoe lmao
>>
>>53969957
Same reason he'd eat crow, anon.
>>
>>53968979
lol allegedly
>>
>>53969724
bill clinton is smarter and he begs trannies for favours so...
>>
>>53969916

All of those people you listed can and often are just as retarded. Guess what Ben Carson is? A stupid fuck aspiring politician who is already just as corrupt as someone who's been at it for decades, yes, but also a goddamn NEUROSURGEON.
>>
>>53970029
He's a nigger, what did you expect?
>>
>>53969957
He said he would
>>
>>53970120
It drives the point home that technocracy doesn't really work at the highest level. Experts are experts in their field, not at being statesmen and pursuing the interests of a nation.
>>
>>53969400
He was making fun of FBI with the social engineer thing.
>>
>>53969916
>more engineers, researchers, scientists, academics, physicians, mathematicians, technicians in office.
This is cliche at this point. In reality, the people who enter these fields are all spineless cowards who would flip at the first sign of conflict. Not to mention that affirmative action and forced diversity have mostly killed any respectability any of these fields once had.

>He'd still be better than what we have now.
McAfee is literally a coked-out crazy person. While this would still be a better choice than Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton, he is intellectually equal to any former professional in any field who has fallen victim to drugs and mental illness. Plus, he's a lolbertarian.
>>
>>53969997
he'd very likely walk if actually tried for murder, yeah. but putting on my nancy grace hat for a moment: fucking look at the guy & tell me he wouldnt put an ounce of buck in some dudes face
>>
>>53968799
He lost most of his money on bad investments

Down from several hundred million dollars to just 3 or 4
>>
>>53970804
Anon, my love, that is profiling. And I will have none of it.
>>
>>53970169

But executives, lawyers and business managers are great statesmen, right?

Fuck off!
>>
File: 1337026782030.jpg (139 KB, 720x692) Image search: [Google]
1337026782030.jpg
139 KB, 720x692
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg
>>
>>53970954
You mean people with actual law experience and management experience? Yes. At least these fields aren't completely cucked the way academia and tech is.
>>
>>53970626

>In reality, the people who enter these fields are all spineless cowards

Nice meme!
>>
>>53971236

Law is completely jewed. And as a matter of fact, having lawyers in Congress creates a conflict of interest. They can't be at the same time the people who charge you to apply the law and the people who make the law. What do you think they're gonna do? Just look at how divorce laws are a trainwreck here in the US. Watch Divorce Corp.
>>
>>53971236

>business management isn't cucked

Diversity hires say otherwise.
>>
>>53971112
gee mcafee how come your mom lets you have 5 nigresses?
>>
>>53970626
>hating on libertarians
found the cuck who likes to support welfare queens
>>
>>53971245
>forced diversity, affirmative action, academia being overwhelmingly marxist.
You would end up with an establishment that looks nearly identical to Obama's.

>found the cuck who likes to support welfare queens
That doesn't logically follow from hating on the libertarian ideology. Lolbertarianism is just another group of people trying to please democrats. Your open borders and tolerance of all degeneracy will kill any free market utopia.
>>
>>53971399

Found the cuck who loves terrorism.
>>
I'd let him take advantage of my wife
>>
>>53971534

Obama is a lawyer.

The difference would be that technocrats would be less ideological than bureaucrats, and would therefore take more scientific decisions, even if their ideology sucks.
>>
>>53971578
Why, is your wife a nigger?
>>
>>53968926
Steve Gibson was around long before the Internet took off in mid 90's. He had some pretty cool software to fix problems with hard-drives and their controllers that were separate at the time. Saved a lot of data from being destroyed.
>>
>>53971625
>technocrats would be less ideological than bureaucrats
Right, that's exactly why tech looks the way it does today: all races represented, women who can't into technology "leading the way", and employees who crimethink being fired and tried in the court of public opinion.
>>
>>53971720

Because our politics look so much better, right?

I'd rather have a change than not, and this is a change that might actually bring some rationality to the table. If you don't like it, then you're part of the problem.
>>
>>53971761
>"If you don't like my ideal world where marxist technocrats force diversity on us rather than the current world where marxist lawyers force diversity on us, then you're part of the problem"
Yeah, no. All of these people want equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity. If there is some racial disparity in some field, it must be racism. It would literally be a more efficient form of anti-white marxism than we have now.
>>
>>53971720
>Be good enough not to get fired when you crimethink in the court of public opinion.
>>
>>53971720
Well, at least our tech overlords get shit done, unlike our politicians. So yeah, I'd replace the latter with the former anyday, at least those might deliver something.

Also,
>le marxism is bad meme XDDDD
Go back to /pol/!
>>
>>53972014
>at least our tech overlords get shit done
Lol, kid. I don't see how anything would "get done" when our government would be "inclusive" and "diverse" and congress is filled with gay, black, retarded trannies with PTSD from being stare raped. This fantasy that you have is moronic.

>le marxism is bad meme XDDDD
>Go back to /pol/!
Yeah, you're either a teenager or a Bernie zombie.
>>
>>53968779

McAfee is the definition of based.
>>
>>53972336
>that filename
>>
>>53969416
may be i am?
>>
>>53971278
Anon, I'm with you that it's a conflict of interest, but divorce law has to be a bad example. You know I am. I'd never abandon you. But anon if lawyercongress was manipulating divorce law, wouldn't wymyn taking everything be less common than it is?
>>
isn't that the belize far cry dude that kills people and fuck whores
>>
>>53976014
Yes. :)
>>
>>53969997
>allegedly
Does that mean he has good OpSec or InfoSec skills?
>>
just checked his wiki page. he's 70 and acts like a teenager. what went so terribly wrong?
>>
File: bg.jpg (105 KB, 519x705) Image search: [Google]
bg.jpg
105 KB, 519x705
>>53976307
He's still not entirely sure that this isn't all a drug-fuelled fever dream, for all he knows he's in the middle of dying in an alleyway in 1969 still.
>>
>>53968779
Years ago he was, and he's probably still pretty good when it comes to legacy tech.
>>
>>53968779
He was the Gates of the Anti-Virus world.
Got a good-enough product and promoted the shit out of it.
His bullshit about the Apple V FBI thing was pure self-promotion. He admitted as much.
>>
>>53969368
>being this dumb
>>
He's not a good programmer, only competent enough to get by. He said so himself inn an interview. But it's been a long time since he touched any code.
>>
>>53968779
>Is McAfee
Based? Yes, yes he is ...
>>
McAfee kept viruses from infecting your computer.
Now he'll keep those Mexicans from infecting your country.

McAfee 2016
>>
>>53978828
Right, bro. Okay then. You win. You totally proved me wrong.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.