[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who misses the days when steve jobs would force the apple marketing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10
File: 1451077050538.jpg (38 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
1451077050538.jpg
38 KB, 800x480
who misses the days when steve jobs would force the apple marketing department to put out gems like this?

any more recent examples?
>>
>>53944464
Tim Cook's Apple is all about enriching people's lives, not tearing down rival companies.

God do I miss Steve.
>>
This is a technology board, not a marketing board.
>>
You two faggots aren't even making the shilling subtle. God, is the pay that bad?
>>
>>53944540
Tell us, why should you have a name and a trip? What about YOU is so special that we just need to know your nick?
You have 2 minutes till I filter your useless ass.
>>
>>53944540
shilling for an out of date computer?

i take it you use inferior hardware/software?
>>
>>53944464
>computer on the right
Anything breaks, $10 for the new part

>imac
Anything breaks, take it to apple and cry because you never thought you'd have to pay for warranty
>>
>>53944662
the iMac is so well engineered that the only thing that could possibly fail is the hard drive, if you're not using an SSD.
>>
>>53944696
Lol okay.

You must be really underpaid as a shill
>>
>>53944747
nope, just enjoy using superior apple hardware and software.
>>
>>53944826
>thinking people actually believe him
http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-unequivocally-better-than-os-x-on-apples-new-macbook/

http://9to5mac.com/2015/05/15/retina-macbook-windows-10/

>Here’s the real kicker: it’s fast. It’s smooth. It renders at 60FPS unless you have a lot going on. It’s unequivocally better than performance on OS X, further leading me to believe that Apple really needs to overhaul how animations are done. Even when I turn Transparency off in OS X, Mission Control isn’t completely smooth. Here, even after some Aero Glass transparency has been added in, everything is smooth.

Keep sucking Steve Jobs zombie dick you fucking degenerate shill
>>
>>53944963
What a useless post
>>
>>53944988
Exactly why your shit thread is going to die.
No one will take you seriously when you act childish when proven wrong.
>>
>>53944963
even if windows did perform better than OS X, it's still worth it to use OS X since it's much more intuitive, stable, and predictable than any version of windows has ever been. (or likely will ever be)
>>
>>53945061
See>>53944988
>>
ITT homosexuals
>>
>>53944464
what is the part that's slung underneath the monitor?
It can't be a webcam, because there's already a webcam on top of the monitor

Also what is that on top of the PC case?
>>
>>53945117
>what is the part that's slung underneath the monitor?
speakers.

>Also what is that on top of the PC case?
multi card reader.
>>
>>53944540
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>53945117
Given the size of the cords the thing under the monitor looks like some bulky ass monitor speakers.

Ontop of the PC case looks like a card reader or USB hub. Likely placed there to increase the amount of cords and enhance the point being made by the ad.
>>
>>53945169
>Likely placed there to increase the amount of cords and enhance the point being made by the ad.

the iMac comes with an SD card reader and speakers standard, so of course they're going to include them on the PC
>>
>>53945190
So does a case with any 3.5/5.25 and a monitor with speakers built in.
>>
>>53945241
not that Dell, apparently.

they wouldn't put it there if Dell didn't sell it.
>>
>>53944540
post nudes, thx
>>
>>53945287
Fucking oldfag
>>
>>53944464

>pay us a 30% premium because you're too stupid to do basic cable management

ok
>>
>>53945266
Dell sells a lot of shit.
>>
>>53945324
it's about the Mac experience. you can either buy a piece of junk slapped together PC like that, or get a fully integrated Mac system where the hardware and software work together.
>>
>>53945352
>it's about the ifag experience. you can either buy a piece of junk slapped together mac like that, or get a fully integrated PC system where the hardware and software work together.
>>
>>53944662
>>imac
>Anything breaks
lol
how is that even possible?
>>
>>53944464
Still rather have the PC. I ain't afraid of wires.
>>
>>53945377
Thing is though I like my sister.
>>
>>53945385
it's ok
unless sexually
>>
whoops, wrong board
>>
>>53945352

>its about marketing memes

Cool.

Mac uses the same "junk slapped together" from the same suppliers found in PCs. Last I checked, NSA/Windows just werks out of the box as well. You're paying extra for marketing memes and that "industrial design."
>>
>>53945385

Pics?
>>
>>53945352
It doesn't magically work together with apple fairy dust.

It's just fucking EFI. Everything with U/EFI has the same shit.
>>
>>53945397
>unless sexually
As long as they don't have kids why do you care?
>>
>>53944464
Need one comparing a MBP + all of its adapters to any other laptop
>>
>>53945455
but muh thickness
>>
>>53945455
MAGSAFE MASTER RACE

How come no other laptop has this extremely useful feature?
>>
>>53945474

Surface Pro has it.

Microsoft bypassed the patent on magsafe by adding a data channel to the cable, which is hilarious.
>>
>>53945405
see, but here's the thing: actual thought has gone into Apple's computers and devices. they all work together near-seamlessly, which is an amazing accomplishment given all the technology and standards they're working with to accomplish it.

Apple's ecosystem is second to none. Android and Windows just can't compete with what they've got.
>>
>>53944464
Jesus christ, my gayming pc doesn't even have that many cables, how the fuck did they cherry pick that setup?
>>
>>53949080
>how the fuck did they cherry pick that setup?

they didn't cherry pick anything. that's what a comparable PC from Dell looked like if you included all the stuff the iMac comes standard with.
>>
I got a 2006 imac running lion. Prolly will keep it for 10 more years bc why would i need another machine running osx
>>
>>53948808

Again with the marketing memes? What does that actually mean? Are you under the impression that there's a major compatibility problem with computers? This isn't 2001 anymore, anon.

The problem with Apple is their "ecosystem." Their walled garden approach only serves to lock people into the "Apple experience."
>>
>>53949258
windows is a rickety piece of junk compared to OS X. they've bolted and grafted so much stuff onto it over the years that it's a clusterfuck, even in windows 10.

sure, windows 10 does the WIMP paradigm rather well, but once you start digging down into it, it's a disjointed dumpster fire.
>>
>>53949311

Do you always herp when you derp?
See >>53944963
>>
>>53949336
you just don't get it.

OS X was made for the mac. the hardware and software work together in ways windows just can't match.

don't be mad that you cheaped out and bought the wrong kind of computer.
>>
>>53949406

Can you stop with the marketing memes. How does your hardware and software "work together" better?
>>
>>53949436
>>
>>53949512

6/10

you made me reply
>>
>>53945352
Yeah hardware and software are integrated SOOOO closely on macs that I can also enjoy a full "mac experience", if not better on my "piece of junk slapped together" for almost half the price.

Stay mad nvidio...errr macfags
>>
>>53949436
When you can get it to work with minimal (if any) manual configuration to get to work. Look at the Kinect and the Xbox. If you connect it to an Xbox and run a Kinect title, the experience will work as well as it can possibly be. This is because it is easy to target the Xbox/Kinect system as there is only that configuration to target. As soon as first and third party developers have to target multiple camera movement platforms, the development scope is much wider and much more sophisticated to account for the differing configurations. This kind of work is harder to achieve.
>>
>>53949601

That still doesn't tell me anything. All computers come pre-configured with the necessary drivers and compatible software. Having a computer work out of the box hasn't been an issue in at least a decade. Why do macfags think this is a selling point?
>>
File: mac_pro_on_desk.jpg (319 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
mac_pro_on_desk.jpg
319 KB, 1200x1600
HURR DURR MUH ASSFETICS
>>
>>53949646
again, you're missing the point. it's about the experience.

ask any true professional user (or even a novice) who has switched from PC to Mac, and you'll see why Apple leads in customer satisfaction ratings by a wide margin.
>>
>>53949697

Their customer satisfaction rating is a product of their customer's Stockholm Syndrome attempting to justify why the paid so much.

Again, can you give me any quantifiable stat on how their software and hardware "just werk" and why that's worth a 30% premium.
>>
>>53949739
it's hard to explain. you just have to be an Apple user to know.

and there is no 30% premium. Apple is very competitive in terms of what you get for your money.
>>
>>53949763
>Apple is very competitive in terms of what you get for your money.
If you're gonna shill can you at least not just blatantly lie about things? I mean we get it apple pays you to shill here, make it subtle at least, jesus.

I used to own an iPhone 6S Plus btw.
>>
>>53949763

>paying full price for 3 year old components
>competitive

>it's hard to explain

It's quite simple to explain: you fell for a carefully orchestrated marketing meme and now you have no logical explanation for your choice, so you resort to the same "just trust me, its true" line of logic that preachers use.
>>
File: DSC01124.jpg (349 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSC01124.jpg
349 KB, 1024x768
>>53945117
That's a Dell monitor with speakers mounted underneath
>>
>>53949815
again, if you're not an Apple user (that is, in the Apple ecosystem of devices) you just won't understand how good we have it, and how you're getting real value for your money in both hardware and software.
>>
>>53949906

This is absurdly frustrating. Idk if you're trolling or you're just another idiotic Apple sheep.
>>
>>53949813
not same guy but compare macbook pro price to dell xps.
you cant compare apple vs others on specs only
>>
>>53949930

>you can't compare apple vs others on specs only

kek. Applefags in denial.
>>
>>53949929
do you know how well the Apple devices work together in an ecosystem? if not, then you can stop bumping the thread with meaningless posts.
>>
File: 1392104226142.png (359 KB, 792x540) Image search: [Google]
1392104226142.png
359 KB, 792x540
>>53949695
>wallwart plugged directly into wall
>ugly-ass phone cable
>mismatching cable colors everywhere
>note written on plain paper not even a post-it
>basket of random shit that looks filthy

Vomiting RN DESU FAMPAI
>>
I do.

Those advertisements were the epitome of all things Apple:

The triumph of style over substance.
>>
>>53944464
Get out of here, shill
>>
>>53949974

>ecosystem

Here we go....
>>
File: ibmpcvsappleii.jpg (280 KB, 974x735) Image search: [Google]
ibmpcvsappleii.jpg
280 KB, 974x735
>>53944464
Nope, all old.
>>
>>53949697
It is true that a lot of professionals prefer their products but it's caused by apple's brainwashing, when you buy their products you are more prone to consider the few good things that their hardware may have, instead paying attention to all the bad things and forced limitations.
This is achieved with:
Making you pay a load of money, so in your head you are forced to think "if it costs this much compared to other tech it can't be bad". And when you spot a flaw you tend to ignore it and convince yourself it's not that bad because it would mean you just trashed >1000$

Using marketing buzzwords without a proper meaning, and telling constantly to you that they are the "best ever", while trying to "hide" and making seem of secondary importance the real tech specs of their products (just navigate to their website with a critical mindset, if you are capable of doing so)

Making aesthetically pleasing products and design that help you "cheer up" during your work (this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but we are working with hardware power, which its primary objective is doing the work as fast and accurately possible, not being nice while it does it)

Heavy shilling made by their marketing teams to make appear their products everywere, if you notice you see them in every place that isn't real life, especially macs (where they hold 10% marketshare in real life, but in the Internet world they seem to be the only computers existing)

As a direct consequence of the point above every pro and famous person on the Internet uses a mac, also in the 80's it was the only computer to run adobe software. So in the popular mindset it became the computer for pros and creative people, and with a bit of shilling this perpetuates till nowadays, where it isn't no more true

Lastly OSX and iOS are more accessible to tech illiterates and people lacking problem solving and logical skills, which are also the ones who tend to appear more to compensate their deficiency
>>
File: 480px-Troll_Face_Trollface.png (58 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
480px-Troll_Face_Trollface.png
58 KB, 480x480
>>53950228
>>
>>53944540
filtered
>>
>>53950284
lol u mad
>>
this one's pretty good
>>
>>53950351
Power processors were some butt.
>>
It's good that Apple has good marketing.

Because they make the best products. They deserve as much exposure as possible.
>>
>>53944464
does the imac have a webcam and an ir receiver?
>>
Steve Blowjobs is DEAD

Apple will die SOON
>>
>>53950557
lol
>>
>>53950630

hey maybe he's even honest in his shitposts.

just imagine this fag IRL
>>
learn marketing

if you're viewed as superior to your competitor, don't mention them

If viewed as the worse option (pepsi, burger king etc.) try to argue why you're better
>>
File: _.jpg (21 KB, 377x177) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
21 KB, 377x177
>>
>>53950714

except apple mentions other companies all the time in their keynotes
>>
An iMac just seems like a laptop without the portability or am I missing something??
>>
>>53950876
That's essentially what it is
>>
>>53944464
At least the Dell can right click lol.
>>
>>53950895
lol so can the iMac
>>
>>53944464
what's that fucking thing on top of the tower?

Can't be an RF key/mouse controller, as they are wired?
>>
I owned an iMac for a little while, the monitor burned out and when I searched online I found it was a very common problem caused by heat and not being able to dissipate it.
Fuck iMacs. I will never buy another piece of apple trash again, I was so annoyed that I wasted my money on it and it had just fallen out of warranty.
>>
>>53950971
that's probably an ir receiver
>>
>>53949975
>using the term "wallwart"
>thinking everywhere has a grid shitty enough where plugging something into the wall could be a problem
>>
even apple's wallwarts are well-designed.

want even more cord length? no problem, just replace the duckhead.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.