[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where did it go so wrong? is it possible to save them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: ccd31f8666947b9a55f6.jpg (37 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
ccd31f8666947b9a55f6.jpg
37 KB, 768x512
where did it go so wrong? is it possible to save them?
>>
Bad management
>>
WHO?
>>
>>53932995
Never put a woman in charge.
>>
>>53932995
what do they DO?
>>
>>53935178
They are the homepage of grandmas the world over. They work off of intertia. There's a lot of people who don't change defaults, and don't want to migrate to new, scary things.
>>
No, it can't be saved, it's time to liquidate them
>>
File: office-space-bobs.jpg (94 KB, 640x485) Image search: [Google]
office-space-bobs.jpg
94 KB, 640x485
>>53935178
forgot pic
>>
>>53934048
/g/ loves loves to parrot this but yahoo was dead in the water long before Mayer was in charge.
>>
File: 1434970178017.gif (535 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
1434970178017.gif
535 KB, 640x636
>>53934048
This
>>
>>53932995
They let a woman lead the company. Women are sex objects. They should never be placed in positions of power. This is a perfect example of what happens when companies fall for the "women are equal" meme.
>>
>>53935716
Men will do everything in their power to make a company succeed because society will eat them alive if they fail. A man fails and his wife and family will hate him and leave him. Society and the government will shun him. When a woman fails, and inevitably they all will, she will just cry and then not care if she fails because she knows her husband and father and the government welfare system will always take care of her and everyone will continue to praise her even in failure the same way you treat a crying child.
>>
>>53935784
that is not true
>>
File: back_2_tumblr.png (308 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
back_2_tumblr.png
308 KB, 546x700
>>53935794
>>
>>53935293
like, seriously. I have no idea what yahoo does other than agglomerate news and license technologies these days.

Marissa Mayer seems to be a super-competent leader, but she also seems to lack vision, which is what the company lacks. They need to GO somewhere and DO something in order to rehabilitate the brand so that people associate it with a service they use and like.

If I were them, I'd dump all my resources into building a UNIX-based, free/lost-cost OS specifically targeted at geriatrics and children. It would be ridiculously stable - like, hugely overkill in that regard, with automated backups and package management handled through sparse, ultra-stable releases, and as much built-in compatibility with MS software as legally/technically possible.

I would also sell a device that went along with this - a box that
- served as a wireless router
- served up a huge amount of locally-cached content intelligently torrented from an official, legal yahoo torrent tracker during off-hours based on analysis of user behavior
- transcoded and cast using wifi and miracast.
- offered networked backup solution transparently to the user for the YahoOS
>>
>>53935857
I agree with your sentiment but that is a terrible idea anon
>>
>>53934048
>>53935461
>>53935716
>>53935784
>>53935807

Says the neet who had not worked a day in all their 20+ years of parasitic existence.
>>
>>53935908
We're not all children here. Stop projecting
>>
File: 4L_Lh3uf0tl.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
4L_Lh3uf0tl.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>53935908
Male feminist detected
>>
>>53935857

That's a terrible idea. Who would buy that? Not older people, since their computer already came with windows they would not want to change. And parents wouldn't buy it for their kids since all they know is windows as well. ISPs take care of routers for most people, so that wouldn't sell either. The rest of your ideas would be only something a /g/entooman would be interested in, not the average person.
>>
>>53935948
Couple of threads away from this 'gem' someone was bragging to be born in '01. I don't know what to believe..
>>
>>53934048
More so if it is tech.
>>
>ITT: autistic virgins
>>
>>53936008

To be fair I remember reading that mayer was involved with google from the very start at stanford. She has a degree in compsci I think.
>>
>>53936008
>tech
>hurr muh zecryt klub has been compromised durrr
>>
File: Moloch.jpg (102 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Moloch.jpg
102 KB, 720x960
>PRO
>TIP:
>CEO
>is a JEW(ess)
>>
they will stay afloat. they have tumblr. they are in control of sjws, they are in control of our future.
>>
>>53935992
>>53936027

There are three possibilities here.
You're a troll
You're a fat feminazi neckbeard with anal pain
You're a fat feminazi landwhale with anal pain

Anyway whatever you said doesn't matter.
>>
>>53936048

So you really are ass blasted that your secret club is no longer secret (: Good to know
>>
>>53935908
Kek nigha. I make 35 hour. U know what i do..desktop support...my job is so easy i sometimes wonder if i deserve what i make..then i realize i didnt feel sorry for myself cuz im a minority. I study my ass off..earned a bachelors..pay taxes..never been in jail..i never onced blamed the white man for my life. I took it upon myself to make something of myself..maybe u should to
>>
>>53935908
Hello, wagie, I just recently came back from cleaning my room after the delicious dinner I just had, while you were wrapping up your final hour at your wagie job. My entire day has been selfishly productive within the means of expanding my own thought, while you were wage-slaving away your day so that mr.shekelstien could buy a new yacht.
>>
>>53936086

Good for you, but at the very least use the word 'you' instead of the letter 'u'.
>>
>>53936086
>cuz
Okay, nice fantasy you're living there kid

>>53936090
>productive
Watching chinese cartoons is not productivity
>>
>>53936086
>im a retarded nigger
ftfy

you get paid that much and are given an impossible to fuck up job because you're only there to fill a quota.
>>
>>53932995
Idk but the new home layout is horrendous

What is up. I dont take yahoo serious anyway but I sometimes clicked through articles they had up to get caught up with whats hot with normies now.

They only have 4 at a time. If it wasn't my main email I would drop their ass
>>
>>53935953
>guy who doesn't have /r9k/-tier misogyny
>must be a male feminist
hes anon because only these two extremes exist
>>
>>53932995
askjeeves
aol
altavista

The list goes on, and no they can't be saved.
>>
>>53935892
>>53935984

Fair enough, I just was brain-storming anyway. I thought it might work based on the success I see i-devices and chromebooks have with people in this market.

I still think locally caching intelligent content could be a winner in this market because in america we have utter shit for internet connections, and old people especially don't appreciate the difference between DSL and cable, and suffer monstrously as a result. Replace the original router they have with my imagined device, and suddenly their perceived service would skyrocket at no additional monthly cost.

I'm going to be building an untangle-based web cache gateway on my own network as soon as I can collect the requisite hardware.
>>
>>53932995
Yahoo owns Tumblr. Yahoo is fine until the feminism meme dies.
>>
>>53936027
I'd love to think that women can do the same leadership jobs as men, but Mayer and Fiorina have both shown themselves to be poor leaders.
>>
>>53932995
I think Google taking over their place was the main issue. No one has a reason to use Yahoo, not for mail or search. Or whatever else they do.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.