[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
$40 androidTV box or fire TV stick for kodi ,which is better value?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: TGznuxWl.jpg (164 KB, 1454x595) Image search: [Google]
TGznuxWl.jpg
164 KB, 1454x595
can you help me out here /g/ents

got $5 BB rewards
should i get a fire stick tv for a kodi box or can i get something much better for the same price ? $35/$40
in a Chinese android tv box?
are the fire stik specs a good value

i know there is no optical ethernet or sd but i only need streaming

also does fire tv stick output 3d from kodi?
>>
>>53925930
A $10 Dell optiplex.
>>
>>53925971
>Dell optiplex
not looking for behemoth
something small compact and that don't burn a shit ton of electricity
>>
>>53926032
Well enjoy your underpowered, very overpriced 'iot' device that will be obsolete next year.

I'd recommend you ask somewhere that consumer plebs hang out, like reddit.

I'm sure they'll have a WHOLE RANGE of useless devices they'd love you to buy.
>>
>>53925930
M8s+, Firestick buffers a bit more for mw than the m8s+ I have, just make sure to get a wireless keyboard & mouse since the one it comes with sucks
>>
>>53926087
And yes it does output 3d content, doesnt run it very well imo
>>
>>53926059
no i think he came to the right place
>>
>>53926101
well i am only looking for 1080p output and 3d

i recently got a fire 7 5th gen tablet rooted with custom rom and put kodi on it and it runs pretty good so i assume this will run it at least as good or better

also i plan on buying 2 other devices i need at least one to have optical output and i will go higer end want 4k out and something with 2 gigs ram hopefully pre rooted
>>
best repository to get all/the best Kodi addons? I've used Husham wizard so far but I feel like there's more or better out there
>>
>>53926240
Yeah it has up to 4k@30fps, 2gb ram and 8gb storage no optical though
>>
>>53926267
>M8s+
i don't know i am new to this i just installed some pre builds then look for youtubers to find some good addons
>>
>>53926267
I just install whatever the seo-michael fuck recommends, afaik there's no single repository with everything
>>
>>53926303
Its an android tvbox lol
>>
>>53926299
Yeah the m8s+ is nice
>>
>>53926315
i know i didn't mean to add the quote
was replying to the repo question
also the pic i saw of it show it does have optical out
but can't i get one with a 9 series processor for around the same price?
>>
ITT: people who would be better off buying Apple with all the money they'll spend every 10 minutes.

OP so far:
>Has purchased a tablet for this task, but it isn't good enough
>is now going to purchase an android box, which he'll find out won't be good enough
>needs to buy multiple more already, since he knows they won't be good enough.

$10 optiplex > all of the bullshit devices in this or any other IoT device thread.
>>
>>53926340
Ive only found 1gb versions of the 9 series, I don't think the performance would suffer but its always nice to have more
>>
>>53926378
Doesnt the m8s+ have a9? The fuck?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-07-21-23-49.png (246 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-07-21-23-49.png
246 KB, 1440x2560
>>53926378
Lol
>>
>>53925930
android box
If it has USB slots for air mouse/keyboard/controller/storage
>>
>>53926378
i know same here i can only find ones with 1gb with the faster processor too
i think i saw some other box but i think it had other issues with root or something does the s8+ come full root out of the box?
>>
>>53926492
Yeah it comes rooted
>>
>>53926484
>airmouse

so are there any good free android or IOS apps that i can use my phone as an airmouse to control it?
i looked but i didn't find many
>>
>>53926512
not sure
I meant one like this
http://www.gearbest.com/mice-keyboards/pp_275286.html
>>
>>53925930
I find the firestick a pain in the ass to get kodi running and such, plus its kinda slow for what more you could get in an android box
>>
>>53926425
what ?
that is still the amlogic s812 not the s905
>>
>>53926596
Yeah it was for the guy who thought it had the s905
>>
>>53926552

yeah i know but since these things have bluetooth and i have a phone with a gyroscope i dont see why i should buy another remote i rather use the phone i will probably get remote too . i like the minx or the rii
>>
>>53926670
Yeah the rii is what I have with my m8s+
Everything is solid
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.